Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 2 I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath

Go down 
+9
j0hnb0i
Ray1500
Yuri Bakura
SabreW
Shock
LegendaryFrost
Scorpion67
Vongola-x
Harper7000
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 2:39 am

First topic message reminder :

Well, I wasn't going to at first, but i decided to try my hand at fanfiction after all. I may not have time to update as frequently as I would like, so please do not nag me about it. Although I'm technically the main character, will try to include as many people as i can in the story, but keep in mind that DGA didn't start in DGA, so i may be a while if you're new. Hope you guys like it!!!!

Hey, my name is Harper7000, but call
me Harper. My life has been... Nuts, to say the least. I'm not even sure where to begin. Well... I guess the beginning is a good a place as any to start.

The year is 2510. Over the last 500 years, much has changed. In 2460, there was an excavation of Seto Kaiba's original mansion in New Domino City, and while doing so they discovered Kaiba's original virtual video game technology, the one that the Big 5 tried to trap him in. But after a few years of enjoying the video game, people theorized that if their entire minds could be uploaded to a video game, what's to stop them from uploading it to some sort of virtual universe where they could live forever? As a result of this idea, most people of the world now spend most of their lives in the vast virtual world known as Pseudospace, instead of the real world. Here, anyone can do basically anything he or she ever wanted (for a small monthly fee paid to Kaiba Corporation of course). Kaiba Corporation (KC) was of course te richest company in both worlds, and Seto Kaiba II (the descendant of the original Seto) was considered by most to be President of Pseudospace. No one cared who ruled the real world. People only stay in the real world long enough to eat, sleep, and other such things. Also, for some reason, people in Pseudospace insist on being called by odd-sounding nicknames instead of their real names Razz
But a shift to the true "digital age" could not stop the shadow games... The game dubbed "Duel Monsters" by Maximillion Pegasus was still popular in Pseudospace, and still played an important part in significant events, if not more so than before. Seto encouraged dueling to solve problems instead of actual wars. But, since there are no actual countries anymore, and a universal language is used in Pseudospace, wars are almost non-existent. Instead, Dueling Schools have became more and more popular, and there are many, many of them. But the ones who truly dominate the dueling world are Turbo Duel Academy (TDA), Dark Armed Dragon (DAD), Advanced Duel Academy (ADA), New Duel Academy (NDA), Seto Kaiba I's original Duel Academy (DA), and the academy founded and still run by Pegasus's descendants, Toon World Academy (TWA). These academies constantly battle each other in friendly (or unfriendly) wars to see which of them is the greatest. Nations were at peace, and people did things they had only dreaamed of before Pseudospace.

However... Not all was well in the universe. Back in the real world in Los Angeles California, a world away from everyone else, two cloaked men stood talking on top of a deserted building. They wore black hoods and capes that obscured their faces and zform.

Cloaked man 1: "why do we have to meet here anyway? It's a dump, no one even likes the real world anymore!"
Cloaked man 2: "that's exactly the point, no one will overhear us."
CM 1: "true, but it doesn't mean I have to like it..."

They stand silently for a while, cloaks flapping in the cold wind. Soon, other cloaked men joined them, and they all went inside the building. Inside, there was a vast room containing 20 or so Pseudopods, the sleeping pods where a person's mind was uploaded into Pseudospace. A man awaited them there. He wore the same cloak as the others, but his hood was thrown back. However, a black mask with red markings obscured his entire face. One of the cloaked
men who had entered addressed him.

CM 1: "so, when will we finally be able to take the revenge that you promised us on our enemies?"
Masked man: (smiling) "in a way, now. Haha, I have found a way to make our opponent's lives a living hell and they will have no idea how to stop it. However... We must wait for now on killing them. It is said that there will come a duelist who has the power over light AND darkness, the master of all decks, the one who is prophesied to be the greatest duelist of them all. For my plan to reach it's peak, I need him first."
CM 2: "ha! I don't even think he exists! He's just a legend."
MM: "oh, he exists all right, but even HE does not realize who he truly is yet. The day he is at his full potential will be THE LAST day for our enemies... But enough of that, we have to proceed with our plan, there are ways to torture our enemies until that day. Turn on that Psedopod."

The pod he had indicated had been hooked up to some sort of machine with a metal ring wide enough for 2 people to walk through

MM: "this, my friends, is a gate to a different dimension. If all goes well, it will open a portal to the spirit world."
CM 3: "oh yeah? what if all DOESN'T go well?"

The masked man turned to face him menacingly
MM: "that's a risk we'll have to take... Turn it on."

Next time: Chapter 1: "A Fateful Duel Pt. 1, Assault of The Ancient Gear Dragon!" 

Last edited by Harper7000 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:17 pm; edited 22 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 6:03 pm

Oops haha you're right vongola Embarassed. I k kw how to spell it, I just typed too fast.
Scorpion/legendary frost: thanks Smile. It will get much more epic, believe me, I just have to wait to build up the characters and plot first before we kick it into high gear. It will have more action sequences and dueling and bad guys in a few chapters, only a few more chapters of buildup. Also, if you want to be in the story, pm me what you want to look like, what your favorite deck is, and maybe your preference whether you want to be good or bad. That would be really helpful to me, so please help me Wink

Here's the next chapter btw... It's pretty long. Hope you like it!

(Lp. Harper:8000, Vongola:8000)

Vongola: "You may go first."
Harper: "I draw! I summon The Six Samurai - Zanji in attack mode and end my turn"

Vongola smiled faintly.

Harper:"What's so funny?"
Vongola: "You may have won by luck last time, but this is my real deck this time. I summon Blackwing - Shura The Blue Flame in attack mode! Next, by their effects, I special summon Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind and Blackwing - Bora The Spear in attack mode!"
Harper: "Wait, did you just summon a bunch of monsters in one turn?"
Vongola: "Yeah... So?"
Harper: "Isn't that against the rules?"
Vongola: "No."
Harper "Oh." (reference xD)
Vongola: "Anyway, I activate Gale's effect! Once per turn I can halve your monster's attack points, and I choose Zanji! Next, I attack him with Shura! (Harper:7100). With Shura's effect, since I destroyed your monster, I can special summon a Blackwing from my deck with less than 1500 attack, but it's effect is negated. I choose Blackwing -Vayu The Emblem of Honor! Now, Bora, Gale, Vayu, direct attack! (Harper:3300). Now, I tune Gale and Shura to synchro summon Blackwing Armor Master, and I tune Vayu and Bora to synchro summon Ally of Justice Catastor! Finally, I set 3 cards facedown and end my turn.
Harper: (thinking) "Whoa... I think I'm going to lose! What can I even do... *Draws* "Yes! Now I can..."
Vongola: "I chain Trap Dusthoot to your draw. Now you reveal your hand to me and I send a monster back to your deck. Ah, interesting, return Gorz - The Emmisary of Darkness, since he is your only monster.
Harper: *Gritting teeth* "I end my turn."
Vongola: "Disappointing. Blackwing Armor Master and Ally of Justice Catastor, end this!" (Harper:0, Vongola:8000)

The other 2 duels that they did for the test weren't such a blowout. Harper managed to win the next duel in a rematch against Vongola's Earthbound Immortals, but he lost to his Lightsworn deck, although not near as badly as he did to the Blackwings. Harper felt for sure he would be placed in Blackrose Dorm. Vongola took him to the dining hall in the Mainframe of DUA to take the written test, and then he ate sitting next to Fallen King and a guy called Richlik. 
There were 3 tables in the dining hall, and although they had originally been meant to separate the 3 dorms, Fallen told him that anyone could sit wherever they wanted now. On the far side of the Dining Hall there was something like a stage with a table situated with the long end sideways and horizontally instead of vertically like the other 3 tables. 6 people sat at the high table, and since it was horizontal they faced out toward the other tables. Vongola and Scorpion sat on either side of a tired-looking teenager who wore similar clothes as Scorpion and Vongola, except instead of black pants and a white button-up shirt, he wore a black button-up shirt. The other 3 were much less formally dressed. One had a tie-dyed shirt that was mostly purple, and torn up jeans, and he had a messy mop of blonde hair. He seemed similar to Scorpion, in a way that he seemed to be always grinning even if he wasn't actually grinning. Another one wore a clean white t-shirt, nicer jeans, and a red scarf, with stylish green hair. His hair looked like something from an anime, except maybe not quite so ridiculous. And the last guy... Seemed different. Everyone else seemed to be enjoying themselves, even the tired-looking teen laughed every once in a while and talked to other people, but he just sat there and sullenly ate. He had torn-up jeans on as well, and a very dark blue shirt. He had black hair that was technically long, but not exactly in his face. It went to his ear level, but it was cut so it would be away from his face and parted evenly to either side. He seemed lost in dark thoughts. Suddenly Harper was curious.
Harper: "Who're they?"
Fallen: "The guy in black is Yuri Bakura, he's our head Administrater at DUA, and Vongola and Scorpion are secondary Admins. You know them right?"
Harper: "Yeah. Is yuri good?"
Fallen: "Good at dueling? Eh... He'd probably be archfiend dorm if he were a student. He likes dragon decks a lot, and his Hopeless Dragon deck is actually not bad, he just isn't the best. Vongola and Scorp are the real deal, they're amazing. And of course Tino.
Harper: "Tino?"
Fallen: "Oh, he's that guy over there in the dark blue shirt. He's the leader of
The Stardust Dorm. Personally, I think he's one of the best there is... Funny thing is though, no one knows about him in the big leagues. In fact, almost all of the best people here are unknown, except Vongola."
Harper: "Who are the others?"
Fallen: "Um, the one in the purple shirt is Vhoan "The Wolf". He's head of Blackrose... A really nice guy and he deserves to be head of the Blackroses, but, you know, he's still a Blackrose. He runs plants I think. The one in the red scarf is Mizara, now he's an interesting character. He could have retested by now and probaby entered SD dorm, but I think he limes the Archfiends. He runs a gb deck right now."
Harper: "What about Tino, what deck does he have?"
Fallen: "Hm... That's a good question. He can win with just about anything, and he makes a new deck for every major duel he's in, whether he's dueling in a tournament or against someone really good. Oh, and Vongola is amazing at Blackwings... As you know haha. And Scorpion has a soft spot for gadgets."

Yuri picked up a microphone and stood up.

Yuri: "Attention duelists! We have a new member today, please welcome Harper to DUA!"

Harper stood up and everyone clapped. He sat back down when they were done.

Yuri: "Harper, we've thought a lot about your rank. We decided to place you in... Stardust Blue!!!! Congratulations!!!!"

Everybody clapped even more this time, but Harper just sat there stunned. He couldn't believe he'd actually made it.

Yuri: "Mr. Harper made 100% on the written test, and managed to beat our very own Vongola-x in one of the test duels!

Everyone cheered yet again.

Yuri: "Vongola, you may speak."
Vongola: "Congratulations Harper. I must say you dueled pathetically in the first duel, but improved after that. You have the knowledge, you just need experience, which we can give you. Please come up here and Tino will present you with a card.

Harper walked up the steps to the stage/table. Tino held out a card.
Tino: "Use it well."

It was Stardust Dragon.

Later...
Harper left the mansion/dorm he shared with Fallen King for a minute to get some fresh air. He was pleasantly surprised to be Stardust, but something nagged at him. Tino had said "Use it well". It didn't seem out of the ordinary, but as he had said it he was looking into Harper's eyes, as if piercing through his very soul. It was if Tini knew something about the future that Harper didn't.
Harper looked up. He had wandered his way to Tino's personal mansion. Well... It wasn't too late he supposed... Tino would still be awake. He rang the doorbell. Tino's voice came from the house.
Tino: "Who is it?"
Harper: "Uh, it's Harper, your new dorm member."
Tini: "Door's open."

Harper entered in. Tino was sitting in the front room watching 2 people duel on tv. Harper recognized them as 2 of the Delta Knights.

Harper: "Hey, did you hear DLKz (Delta Knights) is the official team of Pseudospace? Seto appointed them to be his personal backup force of duelists!"
Tino: "Yeah, i did hear about that. They know how to play the game, that's for sure."
Harper: "Yeah! You know, uh, I've heard YOU know how to play the game really well too."

Tino went from semi-sullen to sullen again.

Tino: "Yeah... Let me guess, you want to know why you lost to Vongola and how to be better."

This was not at all what Harper had wanted to talk about, but he said yes anyway.

Harper: "Yeah, I guess."
Tino: "No you don't."
Harper (mystified) "What do you mean no i don't? I know what I want!"
Tino: "You want an easy way to get a pro. There's no such thing. You got to SD because Vongola sees potential in you as a duelist, and you scored high on the written exam. He put you here so you could LEARN to be the best, not because you already are."
Harper: "But I'm..."

But then he stopped short. Harper had beaten countless opponents, and he was better than a lot of people, but against people like the DLKz and Tino and Vongola, he could only put up a fight.

Harper: "So how do I become the best then?"
Tino: "By not comparing yourself to the best. Just duel... And duel with your heart. You have to love your cards and play them as friends and not pawns in a game.
Harper: "... Really?"

Tino nodded. Harper thought about this. After all he and his Six Samurai had been through, he really did just see him as soldiers under his command. He used them because he thought they were on of the better decks he could afford, not because he liked particularly liked them.
Tino: "Well, I think it's time to hit the sack, good night."

Harper left Tino's mansion and walked slowly down the pathway. He felt kind of pathetic now that he realized that he cared nothing for his cards, and wondered how he could change that.

???: "Meow!!!!"

So lost was Harper in his thoughts that this mysterious sound made him jump.

???: "MEOW!!!"

It seemed to be coming from a nearby cave away from the path. Harper looked at the sun. It was turning red and the sun was setting over the horizon. Oh well, it would have to wait.
Harper went inside the cave. He followed a tunnel for several yards and then it opened into a huge cavern with a very tall ceiling. Oddly enough, it seemed similar to a park, there was a lake and gazebos and a few small houses on the cave wall. 
After looking for a little while, Harper found the source of the meowing. An extremely cute white cat with black stripes had tried to squeeze itself through one of the holes in a gazebo, and gotten stuck. It wore a little hat too, and meowed anxiously. Harper pulled it out, and it happily meowed and then began floating around Harper's head.

Harper: "Huh? How can you levitate like that?"

The cat rubbed its cheek against Harper's and purred.

Harper: "Oh, right, I'm talking to a cat."
Cute cat: "meow!" *licks Harper's face*
Harper: "Haha stop it!! That tickles Hehehe!"

The cat meowed again, and with a flash of light turned into a card. Harper looked at the name. Rescue Cat. 
For the first time, he noticed a deck sitting on a table inside the gazebo. He picked it up.

Later...
Fallen king: "No way! You found a synchro cat deck?!"
Harper: "I sure did!"

Harper was back in their dorm with Fallen now, and he was showing him the mysterious deck he had found.

Fallen: "Wow... I bet this belonged to a real pro, it's well made!"
Harper: "I think I'm going to start using it."
Fallen: "Haha! Sorry bro, but you can't! See this? 2 rescue cats, 2 summoner monks, 3 cold waves, 2 dark strike fighters... Rescue cat, summoner, and cold wave got limited by KC like 4 or 5 banlists ago, and dark strike was banned. It'll take some fixing."
Harper: "Yeah... But I really think the engine can still work. I really like it for some reason I can't explain. It's like I was meant for it."
Fallen: "You know, you're right, I think so too. Uh, do you mind if I had 1 rescue cat? You can't have 2 and I'd like to try it out also."

Suddenly Rescue cat appeared at Harper's shoulder, and he jumped.

Harper: "Did you see that?!"
Fallen: "... Uh... See what?"

Rescue Cat nodded and meowed in Fallen's direction. Harper took that as an "okay, fallen can have a copy of
me"

Harper: "Um, never mind. Sure, here you go. One rescue cat."
Fallen: "Thanks man!"

Harper spent much of the night working on how to make a new rescue cat deck for the current banlist. Tomorrow was going to be a good day

Next time: Chapter 5: Rescue Cat to the Rescue! The mighty Shining Flare Wingman!
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 7:24 pm

First one to comment on new chapter....and it was GREAT!!!!
good work once again, I like the way you made Tino like a strict grandmaster of dueling Cool lol!
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:49 pm

I was pwning ^^

Great chapter..again Very Happy keep it up Wink
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 2:44 pm

damn the story is getting pretty interesting :O you sure have a talent for this harper Wink
Back to top Go down
Yuri Bakura

Yuri Bakura

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 8:51 pm

I LOVE THE CHAPTER xD I am headmaster lol xD

+ rep for u xD
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 9:44 am

HARPER !!!! Where is the next chapter :S
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 6:36 pm

Frost/Vongola/scorpion/yuri: thanks Very Happy
Yuri: haha of course! My journey of duel academies began in DUA, your academy Smile. Thx for the rep
Scorpion: sorry man, I've been busy, I'll get the next chapter up tomorrow or Saturday.
Anyone else who's reading this: comments and +rep is very much appreciated. Also please pm me if you want a certain deck or appearence
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 6:57 pm

The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 5: Rescue Cat To The Rescue! The Mighty Shining Flare Wingman!

Harper woke up the next day feeling pumped and ready to duel, as well as learn more about dueling from the pros.   He'd spent a considerable amount f time on the Rescue Cat deck last night, and he was ready to test it. Harper walked with Fallen King into the dining hall.
Harper: "So, how'd YOUR Rescue Cat build go?"
Fallen: "We'll see I suppose haha. I think it'll be great though, it just needs some playtesting and tweaks."

At the table, Harper sat between Fallen and a Blackrose Violet named Richlik123. Across from them were 2 new students that had tested early in the morning. One wore a blue duel disk and the other a red one. TheStardust student had hair reminicent of Sora from Kingdom Hearts, it was spiky, it stood out everywhere, and he had plenty of it. His hair was also brown, but it had blond streaks here and there. The Archfind Student had what you would call emo hair, it went over his ears, he had long bangs, and he had dyed it black. He looked anything bu emo however, and so was the Stardust. They seemed to be perpetually grinning at some hidden joke. Harper addressed them.
Harper: "So, how do you guys like the academy? And what's your names?"
Stardust Student: "Haha, my name is Metamaniac, and this is my best friend Blight."
Blight: "This academy is the best thing since Pseudospace... And we just got here! Think how cool it'll be when we see everything this place has to offer!"
Metamaniac: "Well, I need to get some dueling in first haha!"
Richlik: "I'll duel you..."
Metamaniac: "Um... Well... I was hoping for someone more challenging..."
Richlik: "Why does everyone say that?! I duel just fine!!"
Harper: "It's cool man, I'll duel you."
Richlik: "... Really?"
Harper: "Sure! What, Stardusts aren't allowed to be friends with Blackrose here? Haha."
Richlik: (looks glum). "Well, it's more of an unwritten rule..."
Harper: "Rules were meant to be broken haha."
Richlik: (smiles). "Well, I'll see you after class then!"

Yuri Bakura stood up from his chair and grabbed a microphone.

Yuri: "Attention students! Before we start off this semester's classes, I have a few announcements to make. Here at DUA we want you to have the best experience you can. We have an extremely skilled staff team that will help you to improve, and plenty of classes, but please do not abuse these privilages. Deal kindly with each other, no calling each other noobs or that sort of thing, do your best to help. There are a few other ground rules. Do not ask to be a staff member, if we need more staff we will let you know. If you do not like your rank, do not complain to us about it, you may retest 1 month after yor initial test, NO EXCEPTIONS! Do not, under any circumstances enter into any of the nearby caves in the surrounding area. They are very dangerous structurally. This is not a joke, several people who went exploring into the caves never came back."
Blight: (whispering) "They can't be THAT structurally dangerous..."
Fallen: "From what I hear, that's not the reason. Yuri didn't always own this land. The last academy that was here supposedly left because of some strange rumors about those caves. Some people that went exploring in them were literally never seen again... They didn't even find their bodies in rubble or anything, they just dropped off the face of the earth."
Metamaniac: "Sounds like fun!"
Harper: "Sounds like trouble..."

Metamaniac exchanged a mischievious look with Blight... That couldn't be good. But meh, Harper thought, the rumors about weird things happening were probably just that: rumors. But then he remembered... He'd found Rescue Cat in one of the surrounding caves. THAT definately wasn't normal.

Richlik: "So, will you guys watch me and Harper duel?"
Fallen: "Sure."
Metamaniac: "Ha! Like we'd really miss duel action. As if... We'll be there bro. (the bell rings). Well, time for class!"

Later...

Harper and an Archfiend Red named Ray1500 emerge from DUA's mainframe building. The mainframe building was where all the classes were held, where the dining hall was, and where the staffs slept. Behind the mainframe was the duel arena used for testing and matches.

Ray: "You ready to for some dueling in Harper?"
Harper: "Yep! I'm dueling a guy named Richlik today!"
Ray: "Isn't he a little below your level? I mean, he's a Blackrose right?"
Harper: "I try not to judge anybody by appeareance, because you never k ow when a person's heart will give them strength."

Ray gave Harper a weird look.

Harper: "What? So I'm philosophical today, so what? I used to think I could beat just about anybody, but people here have already proved me wrong."
Ray: "How bad could Richlik really be? He's a blackrose, geez!"
Harper: "Whatever man. (looks around the duel arena). Hey, where's Meta an Blight?"
Fallen: "We're not sure, probably off exploring or something."

As it was mid-afternoon, it was still sunny out, and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. For some reason, people kept gathering and gathering to watch Harper and Richlik's duel, until there were at least 30 people, including Yuri, the owner of the academy. When finally Richlik walked into the arena, ge had a crowd waiting or him.

Yuri: "Attention duelists! This is the first duel of the semester, as well as the very first official DUA arena duel of the year. Please give the duelists your full attention and respect as you watch. On one side, from Stardust Dorm, we have Harper7000!"

A surprising amount of cheers erupted forth for Harper. Apparently simply being a Stardust made him popular.

Yuri: "And on this side, representing Blackrose Dorm, we have Richlik123!"

A few Blackroses cheered, but most people booed Richlik. Harper noticed that Ray was one of them. He gritted his teeth.

Yuri: "Ready... Set... DUEL!"

(Lp. Harper:8000, Richlik:8000)

Richlik: "I go first! Draw! I summon Elemental Hero Sparkman (atk:1600), and set 1 card face down. Your go."

Harper looked at his brand new cards. Hm... What to do with them?

Harper: "I summon Flamvell Firedog in attack mode (atk:1900). Firedog! Attack his Sparkman!"

Harper's flaming dog pounced up high into the air and smashed Sparkman into pieces.

Harper: "Now, since my firedog destroyed your monster, I get to special summon one fire monster with 200 or less defense from my deck. And I choose Flamvell Magician (atk:1400)! Now..."
Richlik: "Not so fast! I activate Torrential Tribute! Now both of your monsters are destroyed!"

Richlik revealed his trap, a card with artwork of a raging wave of water... But nothing happened.

Richlik: "Wha... What's wrong with this thing?!"
Yuri: "Hahaha, I'm afraid you cannot activate Torrential Tribute right now Richlik. Don't you know that you can't activate trap cards during the damage step?"

A group of spectaters busted out laughing at Richlik. One shouted: "you noob!". Richlik's face got redder, but he ignored them.

Richlik: "Fine then. Continue."
Harper: "Well then, I attack directly with Magician (6600). Now, I go to main phase 2. I tune my Magician and my Firedog together! Clustering stars come together to form a new miracle! Become the path it shines upon! Synchro summon! Stardust Dragon!!!"

With a thunderous roar, a huge blue and silver dragon appeared and blasted it's wings in a gust of wind. (atk:2500)

Harper: "My battle phase is over, so I end my turn."
Richlik: "Draw! Ugh, I set 2 cards and end."
Harper: "I activate Heavy Storm, destroying all your traps."
Richlik: "Grr..."
Harper: "Stardust dragon! Shooting sonic!! (4100)"
Richlik: "My draw! (smiles). I activate future fusion, with it, I send Elemental Hero Ocean and Elemental Hero Clayman of the grave. Now in 2 turns, I can fusion summon Elemental Hero Absolute Zero! Now, I discard King of The Swamp to add Polymerization to my hand. Now, I activate Polymerization to fuse my Elemental Heroes Wildheart and Necroshade to form Elemental Hero Necroid Shaman (Atk:1900)! But that's not all... Now I activate Miracle Fusion! By removing my King of The Swamp and Sparkman from play, I get to summon Elemental Hero Shining Flare Wingman!"

A very big, very bright Hero emerged, and spread it's wings high (atk:2500)

Harper: "All that just to summon a monster with the same strength as mine?"
Richlik: "That's where you're wrong. My Shining Flare Wingman gains 300 atk for ever Elemental Hero in my graveyard. Since there's 4, that brings him to 3700 atk!
Harper: "What?! No!"
Richlik: "Oh yes... And the best part is, when Wingman destroys a monster in battle, your monster's atk points come from your life points! Now, attack Stardust Dragon! (4300. You too Necroid Shaman! (2400)"

Harper was stunned. He was about to lose, badly! And to a stupid Blackrose! He had better be good enough to beat this loser
Rescue Cat suddenly appeared at his shoulder. He meowed sadly at him. Looking into his eyes, Harper found it hard to hate Richlik... He even started to feel bad for him.

Harper: (whispering) "He has feelings too huh?"

Rescue Cat meowed happiy. Harper decided that it didn't matter who won, As long as he and Richlik had fun.

Harper: "Well Rich, that was amazing! But this duel isn't over yet! Draw"

It was Rescue Cat. Harper almost laughed.

Harper: "I summon Rescue Cat!" (atk:300)
Richlik: "THAT'S your big comeback? You've got to be kidding me."
Harper: "He may not look like much, but he has a special ability. You see, I can send him to the grave to special summon 2 level 3 or lower beasts from my deck."

Rescue Cat blew his little whistle, and then faded away. 2 portals opened, and out came a wolverine with sharp claws, and a koala chewing leaves.

Harper: "I tune my X-saber Airbellum and my Des Koala to synchro summon Brionac, Dragon of The Ice Barrier!

Another big dragon appeared, and as it did, it snorted, and its breath froste around it. Then it roared (atk:2300)

Harper: "I activate his special ability! I can discard any amount of cards to return the same numbre of cards from the field to your hand. So I discard 2 to return your Shining Flare Wingman and your Necros Shaman to your extra deck! Next i activate Rekindling, which lets me special summon as many fire monsters with 200 ir less def from my graveyard. I summon Firedog ad Magician, and i tube them together to form Colossal fighter! Brionac, attack! (2800). And Colossal Fighter, your turn!"

(Lp. Harper:2400, Richlik:0)

A lot of the people watching jeered at Richlik, but Harper walked I've to him and shook his hand.

Harper: "That was really close dude! Good game!"
Richlik: "Just go away!"

Richlik ran off away from the duel arena. Just as suddenly, a panicked-looking Archfiend ran in.

Archfiend Student: "Mr. Bakura! Mr. Bakura! Something terrible has happened!!!"
Yuri: "What's wrong?!"
AS: "It's Vhoan, the Blackrose Violet Leader. He... He's been murdered sir"

Meanwhile...
Richlik was silently crying in one of the hallways of the DUA mainframe.

Richlik: I try my best, but I always fail!! Why do they have to hate me so much?"

Richlik punched the wall in frustration, but this only hurt his hand, and made him sob more.

???: "A pertinent question."

Richlik turned to face the mysterious speaker. It was a man wearing a black cloak and hood.

Richlik: "Look pal, if you're here to..."
Cloaked man: "No, no, I'm not here to make fun of you. I'm here to help you. Aren't you tired of being picked on all of the time because of your rank? What would you say if I told you I could make you better than any of them?"
Richlik: "... Go on..."
CM: "You would has to give up everything if you want this, perhaps even your own concious mind at times."

Richlik thought for a moment.

Richlik: "I'll do whatever it takes to crush those jerks."

The cloaked man smiled.

CM: "Heh heh... Good."

Next time - Chapter 6: "Hell Breaks Loose!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 9:25 pm

nice going Harp!!!!!
your's are the first fan fic that i've read and this is really good
add me in yours too please xD
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 3:29 am

Good as always man...you should turn this into a book and get paid XXDD lol!
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 12:57 pm

I agree, i always watch this topic to see if harper is uploading new chapters XD. Well the story gets more interesting every time, you better upload the chapters faser because people love your story XD

keep up the good job pal Wink
Back to top Go down
Ray1500

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 4:08 pm

Lol, Chapter Was Great. My Cameo Wasn't Exactly What I Was Hoping For But Okay XD
Back to top Go down
Yuri Bakura

Yuri Bakura

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 5:12 am

+reputation and ...

i look like very old >.< because i am headmaster ... meh - . - i hope i am a young and handsome headmaster lol ^^
Back to top Go down
SabreW

SabreW

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:38 am

+ Rep for Harper from me! Very awesome story, dude!

These chapters are getting better and better. I can't wait to see what happens when TSD shows up for the party!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 2:11 pm

good job man Wink
Back to top Go down
Yuri Bakura

Yuri Bakura

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 10:29 pm

harper, the comic is under construction xD Almost finish xD
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 4:47 pm

Thanks so much for all the comments and +1 reps guys! I'm glad you like it so much Very Happy. Next chapter is halfway done! Also, a quick note: I'll be using te spetember 1st format from now on, however, rescue cat will still be treated as limited, since he is a big part of the story, and a big part of my and fallen's decks. Plus, konami was stupid to ban it Razz.
@catastor: sure! You'll be in it, however you'll have to wait till season 2, since you weren't a DUA member. I won't forget you though Wink.
@frost/scorpion: well... You guys can send me a check in the mail if you really want to Laughing
@Ray: well, we can't all be heroes I guess lol. I'm glad you're not mad, and don't worry, almost all of my characters are dynamic (they change during the course if the story in some way or another)
@yuri: refer to previous chapter: "6 people sat at the high table, and since it was horizontal they faced out toward the other tables. Vongola and Scorpion sat on either side of a tired-looking teenager who wore similar clothes as Scorpion and Vongola, except instead of black pants and a white button-up shirt, he wore a black button-up shirt." You're young ^^. It'll be interesting to see my story in comic form, make sure to post it here when you're done Smile. And thanks Wink
@sabre: thanks, and... heh heh *whistles innocently*
@Hell kaiser: thanks, and it's nice to see you back! Hope you stay this time
Back to top Go down
Yuri Bakura

Yuri Bakura

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 3:49 am

when is the next chapter come out T.T
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 5:01 pm

Okay, here's the next chapter. I have a lot of the next duel written, but the chapter was getting long so I cut it. But... That means the next chapter will come out faster! Smile
The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 6: Hell Breaks Loose

Harper ran as fast as he could down a hallway inside DUA, with Yuri Bakura dashing right alongside him. They turned the corner sharply, and found Scorpion there waiting for them.

Yuri: "Where is Vongola?"
Scorpion: "He's with Vhoan... Or rather, he's with what's left of Vhoan."
Yuri: "What happened?!"
Scorpion: "We're not entirely sure WHAT happened, but apparently one of our students attacked him and killed him."
Harper: "Who would do that?!"

Scorpion was silent for a minute.

Scorpion: "Our 2 new students, and 2 other Archfiend Students have been acting really out of character today, and have been remarkably violent to their fellow students and destructive to property as well. We don't know what's wrong with them or what's causing it, but we're 95% sure it's one of them."
Harper: "Our 2 new students? You mean Blight and Metamaniac?!"
Scorpion: "That's them. Yuri, at least one of them is for sure still inside DUA property, and he was sighted near here. We need to do, something, like capture him."
Yuri: "But... How?"
Scorpion: "You tell me! You're the headmaster!"
Yuri: "Ah... Well, um... We could, ah, try to take them by force."
Scorpion: (rolls eyes) "Let's go then. Harper, you may want to stay inside, this could get ugly."
Harper: "No, I'll stay with you, you may need more help. What if all 4 gang up on you."
Scorpion: "You know what? I should say no, but i really wouldn't mind the help. This isn't a tea party though, people are being intentionally murdered... There's no guarantee that you'll be safe."
Harper: "I'll be fine! Just let me come, please?"
Scorpion: "Whatever, you can come. But don't say I didn't warn you."

Meanwhile...

Ray was pacing back and forth across the Archfiend Red dorm. After the startling news at Harper and Richlik's duel, Vongola-x had told the dorm leaders to round up all the students and return them to their dorms until further notice. But apparently, Vongola didn't want to bother himself to tell everybody what was going on. Ray knew from what the Blackrose Violet student had told Yuri that someone had died... And Ray wondered what could have possibly happened. Was this just a rivalry between students? Was it not really a murder, and just an accident? Were they under attack by mercenaries? There were lots of different possiblities that came to Ray's mind, and each was worse than the last.

Ray: "Enough of this! I've HAVE to know what's going on!!"
Mizara: "Cool off Ray. Vongola will come and get us when it's all over. Until then we will wait here patiently."
Ray: "Oh yeah? Well how about he comes and gets YOU? You can be babysat by Vongola if you want, but I'm out of here."

Ray was still shouting at Mizara as he was opening the door and walking out, so he wasn't looking where he was walking as two rough hands shoved him forcefully back inside.

Ray: "What the...?!"

Two bulky men stood outside the Archfiend Dorm with their arms crossed. They wore black cloaks and hoods that obscured their faces, and on their arms they wore gray duel disks. Between them stood a man also wearing a black cloak and hood, but  wearing a gold duel disk.

Ray: "What's your problem?! Let me through!"

The one in the middle threw back his hood. It was Richlik.

Richlik: "I'm afraid I can't do that. See this?"

He held up his arm with the gold duel disk on it.

Richlik: "Yuri Bakura has made me temporary administrator. Now you will listen to me, not the other way around. Now, you will all stay here until I say otherwise."
Ray: "That's bull, why would he appoint you? You can't duel and no one likes you!"

The two cloaked men simultaneously kicked Ray violently in the stomach, causing him to double over in pain and collapse onto his hands and knees.

Richlik: "I would not insult me if I were you."
Mizara: "Easy Richlik. We'll stay here, if that's what needs to be done."
Richlik: "Good. These gentleman will make sure of that."

Richlik gestured to the 2 cloaked men, as well as 6 other identically dressed men that were wandering around close by.

Richlik: "I have other matters to attend to. Make sure to... Behave."

And with that, Richlik threw his hood back up and headed off in the direction of the caves.

Meanwhile...

Harper, Scorpion, and Yuri walked quickly to Tino's mansion, near the caves where Harper had found Rescue Cat. Vongola was waiting at Tino's house. Tino was not there however, as he was with the other Stardust Blue students in lockdown.

Vongola: "There you guys are! One of the renegades are around here somewhere, I'm just not sure where." (Vongola looked at Harper). "What's Harper doing here?"
Scorpion: "He's here for extra backup if we should happen to need him. Besides, for now, he's safer with us than if we send him back to the blue dorm by himself."
Vongola: "So be it. But on one condition. Harper, if we SHOULD need you for anything, I need to know you will be totally reliable."
Harper: "Sure, whatever."
Vongola: "No, really... take it seriously. You have to be able to follow orders. Like if I am about to be killed, and I tell you to escape, you WILL escape. Or if I need you to duel a renegade and put your life on the line, you must do so. Do you agree?
Harper: "... Yeah. I do."
Yuri: "Okay then. Harper, you are for all intents and purposes a staff member atm. If you help us a lot I may consider you permanently becoming staff."
Harper: "Sweet!"
Vongola: "Okay, we're all really happy for you Harper. Now we should really..."

Vongola was interrupted by a loud explosion near the caves. He, Harper, Scorpion, and Yuri ran toward the direction of the sound. In front of one of the caves, an Archfiend Student lay crumpled and smoldering on the ground. Standing over him was Metamaniac. But... He seemed different. Instead if blond streaks in his hair, there were white streaks, and his brown hair seemed darker. His eyes were now a gold color, and the shadows cast by Harper and the others seemed to be attracted to him in some strange way.

Vongola: "Metamaniac!! Stand down, now!"

Metamaniac narrowed his eyes. He spoke, and his voice sounded heavily distorted and more metallic.

Metamaniac: "I am Soulreaver! Never fear, your destruction will be next." (he notices Harper). "Harper..."

In an instant, Metamaniac drew a card from his deck, and activated in on his duel disk. A huge ball of flame suddenly appeared out of nowhere and shot towards Harper. Before anyone could do anything to stop it, Rescue Cat appeared in front of Harper and shielded him from the blast.
Apparently, Harper was still the only one who could see Rescue Cat, because they didn't notice it lying injured and slightly smoking on the ground. Harper knelt down next to it.

Harper: "Are you alright?!"

Rescue Cat meowed weakly. Harper grimaced. At least it was still alive. Harper stood up and faced Metamaniac.

Harper: "What the %&@# is wrong with you?! I though we were friends, and now you're trying to kill me?!"

Harper activated his duel disk and rushed forward, but a hand on his shoulder softly but firmly pulled him back. Harper turned around. It was Scorpion. He took out a deck from the deck box on his belt, shoved it in his duel disk, and activated it.

Scorpion: "Don't worry man, I got this."
Metamaniac/Soulreaver: "It's settled then. You will be the next to fall!"
Scorpion: "I don't know what is with you jokers, but it ends here and now. No one messes with my students and gets away with it."
Scorpion/Soulreaver: "Duel!"

Next time: Chapter 7: "Soulreaver."
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 6:30 pm

yo i finaly get into play, Smile i wana read the next chapt :S
Back to top Go down
Yuri Bakura

Yuri Bakura

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 7:41 pm

cannot wait until new chapter come out ^^
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 12:11 am

Can't wait for the next chapter ^^
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 2:59 pm

oohhhh this is gettin good.. tell me when ur about to tha part where i come in..so i can tell u who i want to be...
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 4:04 am

The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 7: Soulreaver

*Dueling update*
(Lp. Scorpion67:8000, Metamaniac/Soulreaver:8000)

Scorpion: "I'll go first skunkhead. Draw! I summon Green Gadget."

A vaguely humanoid machine appeared on the field, but instead of a torso it had one big gear (1400).

Scorpion: "Now, with his effect, I can add Red Gadget from my deck to my hand. I set 1 card face down and end my turn.
Soulreaver: "Heh... How pathetic. Why even bother summoning such a weak monster? I thought you were supposed to be good at this game."
Scorpion: "Just wait and find out. A friend of mine once challenged me to make a competitive deck out of these little guys. I didn't fail them."
Soulreaver: "We'll see about that. Now, it is time to witness TRUE power! I summon Gladiator Beast Retiari in attack mode!" (1200)

Scorpion: "And... HOW exacty is that better than Green Gadget?"
Soulreaver: "I'm not done. Since there is a Gladiator Beast on my side of the field, I can special summon Test Tiger from my hand! I activate the effect of my Test Tiger! By tributing him, I can return a Gladiator Beast from my field back to my deck, an then special summon a new Gladiator Beast from my deck, and it is treated as being summoned by the effect of a Gladiator Beast. I return Retiari, an special summon Gladiator Beast Beastiari!

An armored humanoid, yet birdlike creature came to the field. It blew its wings, and a gust of wind blew forth. (1700).

Soulreaver: "I activate Beastiari's effect! When he is summoned by the effect of a Gladiator Beast, I can destroy one spell or trap card on the field!"

Beastiari blew its wings harder, and created a whirlwind that hit Scorpion's facedown card and destroyed it. It was the trap card Dimensional Prison. Soulreaver extended his hand out.

Soulreaver: "Now, Beastiari, attack his pitiful Gadget! (Scorpion:7700). Since my Beastiari attacked or was attacked this turn, I return him to the deck to special summon Gladiator Beast Laquari from my deck! His effect now activates, raising his original attack points to 2100!"

Yet another humanoid beast appeared. This time, it was a tiger-like creature with fiery darts floating behind it.

Soulreaver: "I set 2 cards facedown and end my turn."
Scorpion: (yawning) "Well, if you're quite done summoning all the monsters in your deck, I think I'll go. Draw! Haha, too bad for you! I activate Smashing Ground, which destroys the monster on your field with the highest defense points. For all the summoning you did, you still only have 1 monster on your field, so I destroy your Gladiator Beast."

The ground exploded underneath Laquari's feet, and Laquari exploded as well.

Scorpion: "Next, I activate Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy your left facedown."
Soulreaver: "No! Not my Mirror Force!"
Scorpion: "Now I summon Thunder King Rai-oh in attack mode! Thunder King, attack him directly with Royal Lightning! I set another card facedown and end my turn." (Soulreaver:6100)
Soulreaver: "My draw! I activate Book of Moon, which flips your Thunder king facedown. Now I summon Gladiator Beast Darius! Darius, attack his Thunder King Rai-oh!"

A humanoid beast appeared, and this time, it had the head of a horse and hooves. It attacked into Thunder King and destroyed it since thunder king had only 800 def.

Soulreaver: "Since my Darius attacked this turn, I can return him to the deck to special summon another Gladiator Beast from my deck!"
Scorpion: "Yeah, yeah, sing a new song."
Soulreaver: (ignoring Scorpion) "And I summon... Gladiator Beast Equeste! (1600). Now with his effect, I can add a Gladiator Beast from my grave to my hand, so I take back Laquari. I end my turn."
Scorpion: "My move! I activate Fissure, which destroys the lowest ark monster on your field, which would be Equeste since he is the only card on your field."
Soulreaver: "@$&%! How many of those things do you have?!"
Scorpion: (winking) "Enough to beat you, that's for sure. Now I summon Red Gadget (1300), and then with his effect I can add Yellow Gadget from my deck to my hand."

Scorpion took out his deck and began looking through it. When he came to a Yellow Gadget, he paused. An image of a beautiful girl with blond hair flashed through his mind. She looked to be about 19 or 20, although she could have been older. It was hard to tell because she still had that vibrant girlish look about her. She wore a happy smile, and seemed to smile directly at Scorpion through his mind's eye.

Soulreaver: "Are you going to stand there all day or duel?"

Scorpion realized that he had been staring at the card for almost a full minute. He quickly added Yellow Gadget to his hand.

Scorpion: "Uh... yeah. Now, since your field is once again empty, I attack you directly with my Red Gadget!" (Soulreaver:4800)
Soulreaver: "Stop attacking me with those weaklings!"
Scorpion: "It suits you that I would. I end my turn."

Soulreaver scowled at this, as he did, the sky around them began to get cloudy and darker, even though it was still the afternoon.
Soulreaver: "My move! I draw! Now, I summon Gladiator Beast Samnite in attack mode!"

A humanoid tiger appeared in a flash of light and snarled at Scorpion.

Scorpion: "I play my trap, Bottomless Trap Hole!"

Just as Samnite hit the field, a hole appeared beneath it and it fell for miles, endlessly under the earth. Then the ground covered itself back up.

Soulreaver: "ENOUGH!!! NOMORE WILL YOU SO FLIPPANTLY DESTROY MY MONSTERS!!! NOW YOU WILL DIE!!"

As he yelled maniacly at Scorpion, Soulreaver's golden eyes turned a glowing red color, and the sky around them became entirely dark. Dark lightning crackled around them, and shadowy mist permeated the air. As Soulreaver spoke again, his voice seemed even more distorted and evil than before.

Soulreaver: "Heh heh heh... Now... We will duel with our lives on the line. Hahahahaha!! I activate Monster Reborn!! Now I can bring back my Gladiator Beast Equeste from the grave! EQUESTE! KILL HIM!!"

Equeste's eyes burned a hateful red. It leapt up in the air and slashed down with immense force on Scorpion's chest.

Scorpion: "AAAAUUUURRRRGGHHH!!!!"

He collapsed instantly, holding his bleeding chest. How could that damage have been REAL? Scorpion blinked back tears and inspected his wound. Thankfully, the cut wasn't that deep, but it did make Scorpion extremely shaken up. Sure he, like everyone else, had heard the legends of the Shadow Games, but he had never imagined that they were actually real, much less that it was even possible to hold a Shadow Game in a virtual world like Pseudospace. (Scorpion:6100).

Soulreaver: "With Equeste's effect, I return him to the deck to special summon a Gladiator Beast from my deck. I summon Gladiator Beast Secutor in attack mode! (400)

Soulreaver gave an evil smile.

Soulreaver: "I end my turn. Make your move... If you have the strength."
Scorpion: "M-My... Turn. Draw. Red Gadget, attack his Secutor!"
Soulreaver: "Heh. I activate my facedown, Waboku! This turn, I take no damage, and my monsters aren't destroyed as a result of battle. But since my Secutor still battled your monster, I can return him to special summon 2 Gladiator Beasts from my deck!"
Scorpion: "2?!"
Soulreaver: "That's right! Now, I special summon Gladiator Beast Murmillo, and Gladiator Beast Retiari. With Murmillo's effect, when he's summoned, I can destroy 1 of your monsters!"

Red Gadget exploded.

Soulreaver: "And thanks to Retiari's effect, I can remove a card from your grave. And I choose your Thunder King Rai-oh!"
Scorpion: "Grr... I set one card and end."
Soulreaver: "My turn! I summon Gladiator Beast Laquari from my hand! Now, your destruction is at hand!!! CONTACT FUSION! I fuse my 3 Gladiator Beasts to summon GLADIATOR BEAST HERAKLINOS!!"

A gigantic beast appeared that resembled Laquari, but more muscular and heavily armored. It bore a scale-like shield, and a brutal-looking spear. (3000). Soulreaver pointed at Scorpion.

Soulreaver: "Heraklinos! Destroy him!!"
Scorpion: "I activate Dimensional Prison!"
Soulreaver: "Nice try, but by discarding a card from my hand, Heraklnos can negate all of your spells and traps and destroy them!"
Scorpion: "ALL of them?!"
Soulreaver: "That's right! Now, take THIS!"

This time, Scorpion tried to block the attack by covering himself with his duel disk. It did take the brunt of the hit, but it sent him flying backward, and he slid for several feet across the grassy ground, and landed with a crunch. (Scorpion:3100).

Vongola: "Scorp!"

Vongola attempted to run up to Scorpion's side, but aflash of dark lightning shocked him away like a forcefield. Scorpion moaned, and slowly got up.

Scorpion: "D-draw..."

He smiled.

Scorpion: "I summon Doomcalibur Knight in attack mode (1900). Next, I set 1 card and end my turn."
Soulreaver: "Haha! Draw! Heraklinos, attack his Doomcalibur Knight!
Scorpion: "I activate Mirror Force!"
Soulreaver: "Ha! You're a slow learner. By discarding this card, I can negate Heraklinos's destruction!"
Scorpion: "And that's where MY monster's effect kicks in! You see, when an effect monster's effect activates, I tribute Doomcal and he negates the effect and destroys the monster!"
Soulreaver: "What?!"

Heraklinos swung its spear at Doomcalibur Knight, but Doomcal just threw his own spear at Heraklinos. It hit Heraklinos in the neck, and it made a huge explosion which destroyed them both in a burst of flame.

Soulreaver: "You'll pay for that! But we're just at a stalemate now, neither of us have monsters. I end."

Scorpion took another look at the Yellow Gadget in his hand, and once again, the image of the girl passed through his mind.

Scorpion: (murmuring): "This is for you."
(out loud): "I summon Yellow Gadget in attack mode (1200), and with his effect, I add Green Gadget from my deck to my hand. Next, I activate Monster Reborn, and the monster I choose to bring back is... Gladiator Beast Heraklinos!!"
Soulreaver: "WHAT?!?!"

The air churned with dark power around Soulreaver in response to his fury, but there was nothing he could do. He had no cards on the field.

Scorpion: "Attack! Gladiator Beast Heraklinos!"

This time, Soulreaver was the one that was sent flying, and he landed on his face as he slid across the grass. (Soulreaver:1800). Soulreaver moaned slowly and managed to spit out:

Soulreaver: "I'm... Not... Dead yet."
Scorpion: "That's where you're wrong! I activate the quickplay spell, Limiter Removal! This spell doubles the atk of all machine monsters on my field until the end phase, bringing my Yellow Gadget to 2400 atk! Yellow Gadget, attack and end this!!!"

The small machine jumped across the playing field and punched Soulreaver in the face. He went flying back and landed on his knees. Then the shadows started to surround him. As te lightning crackled, Soulreaver screamed a horrible, screeching scream as his very life was drained out of his body. He collapsed to his knees, and fell over on his face.
Finally, the shadows started to dissapate, and the clouds pulled back to reveal that it was about 5:00 in the afternoon. Scorpion also collapsed to his knees. Harper, Vongola, and Yuri ran over to Scorpion's side.

Harper: "Scorp! All you alright?"

Scorpion nodded slowly.

Scorpion: "It hurts a lot, but I can still duel."

Yuri gave him a stern look.

Yuri: "Listen Scorpion, you're hurt. You need to go get some medical attention! Walk back to the academy and stay there with Tino. We'll take care of the other 3.
Scorpion: "A-are you sure?"
Yuri: "Remember, Harper is helping us. There's 3 more of them, and 3 more of us. It's a no brainer!"
Vongola: "It's a no brainer alright. What if we fail? We need to let the authorities know about this, they've killed people already, and nearly killed Scorp too. How DID he almost kill Scorp anyway?! A harmless duel shouldn't physically harm ANYone. There must be some kind of glitch in the system. Whether there is or not, Seto Kaiba needs to know about this."
Yuri: "I have no idea wha's going on, or where it comes from, so maybe Seto COULD help. The problem is, we don't know where he is! Or for that matter, we don't know where the other renegades are! What if they catch us on the way out of DUA? Or worse yet, what if they escape WITH us into the rest of the world?"

For a few moments, everybody was silent, torn by indecision.

Harper: "Well... Why doesn't one of us just leave Pseudospace and come back in? I mean... When you enter Pseudospace, you can appear anywhere you want, so why not arrive at Seto's office? That way, we can tell him while keeping the renegades here."

There was a stunned silence.

Vongola: "That... Might actually work. I guess I didn't think about it because of the new update to Pseudospace a few days back."
Yuri: "Yeah, since we can sleep here now, nobody even goes back to the real world anymore. I don't see why we COULDN'T though..."
Vongola: "I'll go."

He opened a hatch on his duel disk, and revealed a red button. When it was pushed, it severed a person's connection to Pseudospace, and they woke up in the real world. Vongola pressed the button and...
Nothing happened. They were trapped.

Next time: Chapter 8: "Stuck In Psedospace!" 
Back to top Go down
Yuri Bakura

Yuri Bakura

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 5:22 am

NICE ^^

Quote :

Soulreaver: "Are you going to stand there all day or duel?"

EPIC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next