Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSo Whats going on DGA ? I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So Whats going on DGA ?

Go down 
+4
King007
Vongola-x
gutsberserk
Scorpion67
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

So Whats going on DGA ? Empty
PostSubject: So Whats going on DGA ?   So Whats going on DGA ? EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 9:35 am

Yhe title says it all. Wussup guyz, you still there Smile ?
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

PostSubject: Re: So Whats going on DGA ?   So Whats going on DGA ? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 11:51 pm

Wanna come back but am too lazy to learn all the new cards and mechanics.
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: So Whats going on DGA ?   So Whats going on DGA ? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 11:37 am

Brings back memories. And yeah, same, can't be bothered to return to ygo.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
King007
Nostalgic Tourney Organizer
King007

PostSubject: Re: So Whats going on DGA ?   So Whats going on DGA ? EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 3:20 pm

I miss this place. Too many fun memories.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: So Whats going on DGA ?   So Whats going on DGA ? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 8:44 pm

I probably put more time into this forum than anybody, so I suppose I'll be the one to post what might perhaps be the last post on the forum.

I also quit. Yugioh has always been a thing that is hard to quit once you get back into it. It is legitimately a solid strategy game even today. I still enjoy it.

The problem is the community, mainly. I don't actually give a fuck about people's opinion of me, but that doesn't mean the vitriol isn't annoying. Yugioh attracts the saltiest people ever to be honest. The most hateful trolls. The scummiest thieves in real life. You all know what I'm talking about.
Yugioh was always seen as a nerd game. Thing is, being a nerd is cool now. Has been since the whole duel academy thing began. But Yugioh attracts the sterotypical nerd, the one without a social life who can't get a date. It has always been something you have to deal with to be able to play Yugioh, especially if (God forbid) you're a girl. It has only gotten worse every year.

Online play was a great respite from that, not because the idiots weren't online (far from it) but because the good people from around the world could flock to forums such as this one. We could not only play our beloved game without discrimination, but build meaningful friendships. We could learn from world class players without being called a noob or worse. We could build war teams and duel world class players without dropping thousands on cards and buying plane tickets to YCS. I know of more than a few people who came to this forum lonely because they were picked on irl. When they came here, they saw people happily married and good social circles also love this game. It is nice to realize high school is not the real world and that more people care than you think. Even people you've never met.

Then, times changed. The duel academy bubble burst, there were too many of them. Even DGA got lost in the struggle although we had made quite a name for ourselves at one point. We tried to evolve and focus more on being a discussion board that was professional but not douchey. Too little too late though, we'd already lost our numbers and had lackluster ideas along the way.

Then we had the opposite problem. Konami banned basically every online dueling program, including the legendary Dueling Network. There will, of course, be others that pop up and probably have, but Konami will continue to try to hammer the gopher's head every time a new one pops up. Many years ago, I had little to no intention of keeping up with the rapidly changing metagame. But I did it because of Dueling Network and Kaiba Corporation before it. I even found a way to buy many cards irl even when cards were hundreds of dollars each. Because of the accessibility. But Konami, like so many other foolish companies, have the wrong attitude towards piracy and unlicensed merchandise. You can't go after the free version without making your product more accessible, and even then sometimes people will get pissed. Having it available free makes someone MORE likely to buy your product. Studies have been done on this, even with pirated movies where there is NO motivation to buy the product. With Yugioh, not only did DN boost sales because it was accessible and free, but because there is a BENEFIT to owning irl cards. After they banned DN and YGOpro, I literally know no one left in my state that plays this damn game.

What more can I say? We could go into specifics about the transparent moneygrubbing that Konami has done consistently over the 15 damn years this game has been alive. But I'm sure you're already aware. Konami has never given a fuck about the players or made an attempt to appear otherwise. Banning online play was just the last straw. Why even play the game at all, much less drop hundreds or thousands of dollars every few months to get abused by a. the company and b. the players? There are still many duelists who are good people out there, but it's harder than ever to unite like DGA once did. The format is much more balanced than you might think. But it's not worth it.

I have had such a good time with everyone who has been a part of our international family of duelists. I wouldn't trade my time here for the world. I didn't give up because I outgrew the game. The card game is not something inherently immature. But times change and all good things must come to an end. I love all of you. Live good lives and keep spreading positivity.
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: So Whats going on DGA ?   So Whats going on DGA ? EmptyWed Jul 22, 2020 10:11 pm

Oh man this has been a nostalgia trip, going through these forums, love it!
Back to top Go down
NoUserName
NoUserName

PostSubject: Re: So Whats going on DGA ?   So Whats going on DGA ? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 1:50 pm

Oh my, how times have changed….
Back to top Go down
SabreW

SabreW

PostSubject: Re: So Whats going on DGA ?   So Whats going on DGA ? EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 4:17 pm

Went on a nostalgia trip which led me back here after so long ago.

NoUserName likes this post

Back to top Go down
NoUserName
NoUserName

PostSubject: Re: So Whats going on DGA ?   So Whats going on DGA ? EmptySun Aug 21, 2022 6:00 am

I love that I still get notifications from our little nostalgia hikes lol.

Just wanted to let you all know something really cool, since this really was the first online community I had ever been apart of.

To make a very long story short, I’ll hit you with some rapid-fire points:

1. WE’RE OLD GUYS.
2. I nutted up and went back to college! Moved to a new state and everything 😁
3. I rediscovered my love for YGO with the release of Master Duel. I’ve been looking online and seeing so much of the game’s history being recorded and archived by the younger generation on YouTube and the like, knowing a lot of that time was spent here on this forum with you guys, playing DN and having a blast as kids, the whole nine yards was such an honor to be a part of!

I hope to keep this nostalgia train running until they tell us we can’t anymore 😂
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Whats going on DGA ?   So Whats going on DGA ? Empty

Back to top Go down

So Whats going on DGA ?
Page 1 of 1