Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 6 I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath

Go down 
+9
j0hnb0i
Ray1500
Yuri Bakura
SabreW
Shock
LegendaryFrost
Scorpion67
Vongola-x
Harper7000
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 2:39 am

First topic message reminder :

Well, I wasn't going to at first, but i decided to try my hand at fanfiction after all. I may not have time to update as frequently as I would like, so please do not nag me about it. Although I'm technically the main character, will try to include as many people as i can in the story, but keep in mind that DGA didn't start in DGA, so i may be a while if you're new. Hope you guys like it!!!!

Hey, my name is Harper7000, but call
me Harper. My life has been... Nuts, to say the least. I'm not even sure where to begin. Well... I guess the beginning is a good a place as any to start.

The year is 2510. Over the last 500 years, much has changed. In 2460, there was an excavation of Seto Kaiba's original mansion in New Domino City, and while doing so they discovered Kaiba's original virtual video game technology, the one that the Big 5 tried to trap him in. But after a few years of enjoying the video game, people theorized that if their entire minds could be uploaded to a video game, what's to stop them from uploading it to some sort of virtual universe where they could live forever? As a result of this idea, most people of the world now spend most of their lives in the vast virtual world known as Pseudospace, instead of the real world. Here, anyone can do basically anything he or she ever wanted (for a small monthly fee paid to Kaiba Corporation of course). Kaiba Corporation (KC) was of course te richest company in both worlds, and Seto Kaiba II (the descendant of the original Seto) was considered by most to be President of Pseudospace. No one cared who ruled the real world. People only stay in the real world long enough to eat, sleep, and other such things. Also, for some reason, people in Pseudospace insist on being called by odd-sounding nicknames instead of their real names Razz
But a shift to the true "digital age" could not stop the shadow games... The game dubbed "Duel Monsters" by Maximillion Pegasus was still popular in Pseudospace, and still played an important part in significant events, if not more so than before. Seto encouraged dueling to solve problems instead of actual wars. But, since there are no actual countries anymore, and a universal language is used in Pseudospace, wars are almost non-existent. Instead, Dueling Schools have became more and more popular, and there are many, many of them. But the ones who truly dominate the dueling world are Turbo Duel Academy (TDA), Dark Armed Dragon (DAD), Advanced Duel Academy (ADA), New Duel Academy (NDA), Seto Kaiba I's original Duel Academy (DA), and the academy founded and still run by Pegasus's descendants, Toon World Academy (TWA). These academies constantly battle each other in friendly (or unfriendly) wars to see which of them is the greatest. Nations were at peace, and people did things they had only dreaamed of before Pseudospace.

However... Not all was well in the universe. Back in the real world in Los Angeles California, a world away from everyone else, two cloaked men stood talking on top of a deserted building. They wore black hoods and capes that obscured their faces and zform.

Cloaked man 1: "why do we have to meet here anyway? It's a dump, no one even likes the real world anymore!"
Cloaked man 2: "that's exactly the point, no one will overhear us."
CM 1: "true, but it doesn't mean I have to like it..."

They stand silently for a while, cloaks flapping in the cold wind. Soon, other cloaked men joined them, and they all went inside the building. Inside, there was a vast room containing 20 or so Pseudopods, the sleeping pods where a person's mind was uploaded into Pseudospace. A man awaited them there. He wore the same cloak as the others, but his hood was thrown back. However, a black mask with red markings obscured his entire face. One of the cloaked
men who had entered addressed him.

CM 1: "so, when will we finally be able to take the revenge that you promised us on our enemies?"
Masked man: (smiling) "in a way, now. Haha, I have found a way to make our opponent's lives a living hell and they will have no idea how to stop it. However... We must wait for now on killing them. It is said that there will come a duelist who has the power over light AND darkness, the master of all decks, the one who is prophesied to be the greatest duelist of them all. For my plan to reach it's peak, I need him first."
CM 2: "ha! I don't even think he exists! He's just a legend."
MM: "oh, he exists all right, but even HE does not realize who he truly is yet. The day he is at his full potential will be THE LAST day for our enemies... But enough of that, we have to proceed with our plan, there are ways to torture our enemies until that day. Turn on that Psedopod."

The pod he had indicated had been hooked up to some sort of machine with a metal ring wide enough for 2 people to walk through

MM: "this, my friends, is a gate to a different dimension. If all goes well, it will open a portal to the spirit world."
CM 3: "oh yeah? what if all DOESN'T go well?"

The masked man turned to face him menacingly
MM: "that's a risk we'll have to take... Turn it on."

Next time: Chapter 1: "A Fateful Duel Pt. 1, Assault of The Ancient Gear Dragon!" 

Last edited by Harper7000 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:17 pm; edited 22 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
SabreW

SabreW

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:39 am

First: Interlude was amazing!

Second: Vongola gives another duelist a dirtnap. That adds one more win to his 500+ victories. XD

Third: Goddamn, Harper! Choasking intro! One of the best out of this story. Shame Jalice had to be the butt monkey for your intro (no offence JD Sad).

Fourth: AHHHHH! That freakin' zombie FTK! I've seen that torture move take the lives of many a good person too many times. If I have to live through that again, I'll scream! DX

Finally: Most epic chapter yet! Keep going!
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 6:23 am

haha The overpowered deck is a Zombie FTW Deck XD thats a good one Very Happy
Nothing says more G2FO than a good Brio/Mezuki combo XD
i knew you were gona flip side at some part of the story bro but i wasnt expecting that kind of choas scenario. your doing a greath job with that story ( better than konami is doing with their anime ) Keep up the greath work, hope that 16th chapter will be uploaded soon Smile

Edith : forgot to point out a litle missplay you did sorry XD but you used goblin zombies eeffect to add pyramid turtle to your hand ans the turtle have 1400 def, he is like the only playable zombie you cant bring to your hand XD . just replace it by any other zombie like ZM and everything will be fine in the chapter Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 11:17 am

Very Happy glad you guys like it, I've been building up to Chaosking for some time. Scorp, I remember you mentioning one time that you thought I would switch sides at one point and I was like: "la la la, I'm going to ignore that an hope no one notices xD". I'l fix the Goblin Zombie mistake later. Sorry for the delay, a lot has been going on in my life lately :/. This chapter is slightly shorter but I'm already working on chapter 17, so...

The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 16: Rebellion

Chaosking was in his moment of triumph. At long last, he had been released from his long imprisonment in the Shadow Realm, and it was about time to take his revenge on the world. Chaosking had existed for centuries...perhaps even millenia, sometimes it was hard for him to remember. He had conquered nations, bested many men, experienced all sorts of lifestyles and pleasures throughout the ages in which he had been free, and felt almost every emotion man could fathom. Not much fazed him. But right now he was feeling an emotion that he definately was NOT use to: confusion.
   The world, as a rule, was constantly changing. It was an inevitable fact that nothing could stay the same for long. Chaosking knew this fact well; yet, he couldn't shake the feeling that something was decidedly different about...well, about EVERYTHING. Back when he had been fightning Richlik, it seemed harder than usual to summon plasma bolts. Usually, Chaosking just willed them into being and the air around instantly concentrated electricity enough to make it happen. That hadn't changed, but it seemed as if now it was a delayed reaction, like somehow the air was sluggish about arranging the molecules. And again, when he summoned forth real monsters in the Shadow Duel against Jalice, it seemed as if Chaosking had to focus more on summoning them from the Spirit World. It was like they had to go over a speed bump now before arriving or something. Neither of these facts diminished Chaosking's abilities in the least, but it WAS confusing to him.
   He pushed the thought aside. There was probably a reasonable explanation for the anomoly, and he had a feeling that the residents here knew the answer. Now was the time to plan his conquest of the region. The gates to this academy were locked and electrified. With a little time and effort, Chaosking could blast them away with his powers, but inevitably, the residents here would try to stop him. Chaosking was confident that he could beat them no matter what, but it would be a nuisance to be attacked from behind, and it wasn't his style to run from a challenge. Better to pick them off one by one...it was time to go on the offensive. Besides, he reasoned, he loved a good hunt.

Meanwhile...

Vongola paced back and forth across the cave floor, thinking the same thought in his mind over and over: what the **** were they going to DO?Chaosking was all but invincible, but letting him run loose wasn't an option. The remnant of FADA were temporarily staying in the caves near the mountain. They decided to stay in the big, main room instead of going off into the many branches for fear of what they might find there. As big a room as the entrance cave was, it was still cramped with sixty-something people crammed inside of it. And the tension didn't help.
   Vongola sighed. Not for the first time, he questioned his father's wisdom in making him the new Vongola so soon. His father always seemed to know what to do no matter what, but many times, Vongola had no idea what course of action to take. He wasn't even sure what he wanted to do with his OWN life, much less make an impression on the whole world like his predecessors had. For now, Vongola was content to stay at an academy as an instructor and administrator...not a bad job at all, but nothing overly impressive. In truth, he was just there until he could think of something big to do. It seemed simple enough when he had taken the job. But what had happened while there? Yuri had left him in command of the school and he had let them all down!
   He frowned. Why HAD Yuri left anyway? Richlik had made it clear that Yuri had abandoned them as soon as he saw what The Shadow Duelists were capable of, but Vongola wasn't so sure now. Richlik had made many things "clear". In reality, all he wanted was power, and he was okay with lying about anything as long as it went with his plan. Vongola no longer fully trusted ANYthing he said. Now that he thought about it, it wasn't like Yuri to simply run away from the problem...but then again, he WAS gone. Vongola was jolted from his thoughts as Scorpion spoke.

Scorpion: "Enough of this."

He spoke quietly, but in truth that was scarier than if he had shouted. Scorp was almost never serious.

Scorpion: "I've had enough of these...these..."

He struggled to find a curse word bad enough, and gave up.

Scorpion: "...These MURDERERS prancing around doing whatever they like. Not only do they wreck our property and kill our students, but they enslave our remaining friends to use them as a host. If this keeps up, we'll all be dead soon. This has to end now."

TheRuler: "Just what do you suppose we do? We're administrators of a duel academy, not warriors. It isn't our job to defeat this 'Chaosking', it's time to leave the job to someone else. It wasn't even our job to defeat The Shadow Duelists, but we did, and look where that got us! More of us are dead or possesed! We need to focus on our academy, let's just keep FADA alive."
Scorpion: "FADA is already dead...our reputation is shot after what happened with Richlik lying to us all, and after The Shadow Duelists, and now with Chaosking. We'll all be lucky to survive, much less keep an academy running. Every one of the students you see here will leave and run to the opposite side of the world when this is over. And can you blame them? We're facing death and deceit no matter where we turn."
TheRuler: "Scorp, if we had...I don't know, a Delta Knight or someone, I would agree with you. They're the protectors of Pseudospace, they're trained to handle things like this, and they don't lose. But we don't HAVE a Delta Knight, it's just us."

At this, Vongola raised an eybrow at Scorpion. Vongola was one of the very few people who knew that Scorpion was indeed a member of the Delta Knights. But he was something of a rookie in DLKz. All of the other Knights had been appointed by Seto Kaiba himself, while Scorpion had been only recently recruited, and by The Dutch Prince. Scorp wasn't considered a full member of the DLKz yet until he passed President Kaiba's test...hence, no one really knew about him. Once he passed the test, he would be recognized as their equal, but not until then. John sighed. He looked around at the depressed faces around him in the cave. 

John: "Scorp...Ruler...you're both probably right. We have to stay positive and clear-headed. But we also have to believe we can save Harper and these students."
Scorpion: "Oh, I WILL save the students. I'm just not so sure about Harper. There can be no holding back against Chaosking...there's no room whatsoever for mistakes. We need to go after him now."
John: "I wouldn't say that too loudly if I were you."

He inclined his head to indicate Fallen King, who was sitting alone a few feet away on a stone bench. Fallen had been Harper's closest friend at FADA, and now he had inexplicably turned evil. As a result, Fallen was extremely depressed. He hadn't spoken to anyone since Harper had returned as Chaosking.

John: "Fallen is taking this hard. And he's not the only one, I care about him too. Don't you? We need to save Harper somehow."
Scorpion: "It's...not...POSSIBLE!!!!!! Don't you think I care about Harper too?! But we MUST save the students, and to do that we have to stop this maniac first. We have no choice but to duel him our hardest! Besides John, you're not even an Administrator."
TheRuler: "I agree with John, there's got to be a better way."

Scorpion leveled his gaze at him. The look in his eyes were murderous. TheRuler looked around desparately for help from Vongola. Vongola was lost in his own thoughts however.

TheRuler: "Scorp...just...please at least wait? For a while? We don't want to rush headlong into this, let's think of a plan. Or...or...put it to a vote! Yeah, the admins can vote what to do."
Scorpion: "This isn't a democracy anymore Ruler. FADA. Is. Dead! What don't you understand about that? The rebellion has been going on for some time...Richlik overthrew Yuri, The Shadow Duelists tried to overthrow Richlik, Harper succeeded, and now we're trying to stop Harper. There's no union in that."
TheRuler: "I know. But we have to be smart about this. Let's put it to a vote: do we act now or wait for a better plan? I vote to wait."
Scorpion: "And I vote we act before we all get killed."

TheRuler turned to Fallen, who was a few feet away.

TheRuler: "Fallen?"

Fallen looked up, broken from his trance.

Fallen: "Wha...?"
TheRuler: "Fallen, what do you think we should do?"

Fallen shook his head slowly and sadly.

Fallen: "I...I don't know...nobody does. We have to think of a real plan before anything."

Everyone turned expectantly to Vongola. Inwardly, he sighed. Why did the major decisions always have to fall on him? He always seemed to make the wrong decision lately anyway. Scorp was looking at him in a confident way, sure that his closest friend would agree with him. Vongola took a deep breath.

Vongola: "Scorp...I mean...it wouldn't hurt to you know...sleep on it for a few days? We don't even know what we're up against."

He shrugged apologetically, but Scorpion flared his nostrils.

Scorpion: "Fine. I see how it is. Go ahead, sit on your butts and do nothing. I quit."
Vongola: "Scorp, wait..."

But Scorpion was already angrily grabbing his duel disk and leaving the cave. Vongola stared sadly after him as John and TheRuler discussed plans. Scorpion had been right. Now that he was gone, the FADA rebellion was complete.

Meanwhile...

Scorpion stormed back to the main plaza of FADA, where The Mainframe was. It was the middle of the night, but he didn't care. After a while of exploring The Mainframe Scorpion realized that he had no idea where Chaosking actually was. He stumbled around in the dark for a while, and eventually made his way to the Dining Hall. 
   Chaosking was on the staff platform, sitting on a throne-like chair. He wore a black trenchcoat, black t-shirt and jeans underneath, and black boots. Chaosking also wore Richlik's bronze Shadow Charm on his right arm and Harper's silver cross necklace around his neck. He didn't seem surprised in the least to see Scorpion there.

Chaosking: "Ah, the mouse has come to chase the cat! There's always one. It's a pity, really. After I destroy you, I'll actually have to put forth a little effort to find your friends."

As always, Chaosking's voice was heavily distorted. The base of his voice was like Harper's, but it seemed electronically layered, and somewhat deeper. The result reminded Scorpion of steel scratching against steel.

Scorpion: "Shut up! I didn't come to lose to the likes of you! I've had it with you and your little army of Shadow Duelists and your Children of The Dark. You're going to pay for what you've done to me and my friends."

Chaosking studied him emotionlessly with those horrible gold eyes. The gold coor wasn't just in the irises, but the whole eye was gold and glowing.

Chaosking: "You would do well to learn respect. But I'm afraid it's too late for that to help you."

He stood up, and walked to the edge of the platform. However, he seemed to hesitate.

Chaosking: "Perhaps you can tell me this though: where in God's name are we?"

Scorpion was surprised at that. Not only was it odd that a demon king would use God's name, but how did he not know where he was?

Scorpion: "We're in Forbidden Arts Duel Academy."
Chaosking: "I gathered that. But WHERE are we? What country? What city?"
Scorpion: "We're in Pseudospace. It's a virtual world."

At this, Chaosking finally seemed to understand. He murmured quietly to himself.

Chaosking: "That's why..."

He turned around and walked back towards his throne, lost in his thoughts and ignoring Scorpion Scorpion's rage was renewed at that.

Scorpion: "Don't you walk away from me! You're going to pay for what you've done, and you're going to pay NOW! Get ready to go back to hell!"

He activated his duel disk. Chaosking smiled wickedly.

Chaosking: "Well, look who's in a hurry to die. The Academy Champion versus the Chaos King. We'll duel on the roof."

They ascended the spiral staircase to the top of The Mainframe. Chaosking extended his arm, and shadows whirled around it, creating a duel disk. Lightning flashed around them, the prelude to a rainstorm that would soon come. Chaosking closed his eyes.

Chaosking: "Ah...I sense the duel energy inside of you. You have much of it. I do hope you have a chance to show it, it would be such a...shame if you lost on the first turn like your pathetic friend."

He gave Scorp a wicked, toothy smile. Scorp gritted his teeth and resisted the urge to punch Chaosking in the face.

Scorpion/Chaosking: "Duel!"

Next time: Chapter 17: "Knight versus King" 
Back to top Go down
Yuri Bakura

Yuri Bakura

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:56 pm

nice freaking chapter !
Back to top Go down
Supreme_King

Supreme_King

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 3:23 am

Whew man, didn't see the DLK tag in a while, nice seeing it again, I f*ing miss it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 5:44 am

Nice chapter once again man!!
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 6:32 am

OMG Harper, I cant believe you stoped the chapter right there :O I hate you for that !!!! but its a nice damn chapter. Its Time for a DLKz Sack !!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Black Knight

Black Knight

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 7:34 pm

Hehe posts number goes up rapidly when new chapter is on Very Happy good chapt
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:21 pm

ppfff DLK... Razz

Nice chhapter Harper, can't wait till the next one.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
SabreW

SabreW

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:49 pm

Silencer: You cliffhanging sonuva...

*Sabre bonks Silencer with the Sandman*

SabreW: ANYWAY, this story is just too good, Harper. Grammar-wise, there are a few typos here and there on this one. But story-wise, you never cease to amaze. I'm actually surprised to see the normally calm and collected Scorpion acting the way he is.

Also interesting was the return mentioning of the DLK. Shame that the team's gone, though. I looked up to those guys. Still do.

Lastly, and this'll probably be a stupid question, but I pretty sure that the defeated Shadow duelists will come back, right? Maybe help out in the fight against Chaosking, maybe?
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 3:08 pm

Thanks guys! Yeah the DLK are gone now, but remember, this is about the history of KC so they're still here for now.
Sabre: your character is back this chapter, and he'll be in season 2 also. I may drop meta and fouzman in season 2 though, bc they aren't active anymore. I might give Aabre a different deck than The Silencer though, what deck would you want?
Supreme: i think I'm going to name your character something else because you know...the supreme king is in gx. What do you want your character's name to be?
John/black knight: what deck do you guys want? Feel free to answer in pm

surprise! I finished the new chapter early Smile. Enjoy

The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 17: Knight Versus King

Life points:
Scorpion:8000. Chaosking:8000

Chaosking lazily whipped five cards from his duel disk in a single draw. He didn't even look at them.

Chaosking: "The King gives the first move to the challenger."
Scorpion: "That's a mistake. Draw! I summon Red Gadget in attack mode!"

The small red machine appeared in a ball of light (1300). Chaosking laughed.

Chaosking: "Hahaha! I was thinking that you may actually provide a challenge! How do you expect to beat me with such a pathetic monster?"

Scorpion decided to ignore him.

Scorpion: "With his effect, I add Yellow Gadget from my deck to my hand. I set two cards facedown. Turn end."
Chaosking: "My move!"

Finally, he looked as his hand, and also at the card he drew.

Chaosking: "Ooh, you're lucky! Seems as if you get to survive at least a few more turns...can't beat you right off the bat. I summon Zombie Master!"

The roof beneath them split, and the young-looking zombie crawled out of the crevice and gave a toothy grin to Scorpion (1800).

Chaosking: "With his effect, I discard Plaguespreader Zombie to special summon the same Plaguespreader Zombie from my grave. Tuning time! From the dead comes a creature with newfound power. Rise from the grave! Synchro summon! Doomkaiser Dragon!"

A zombie dragon crawled out of the crevice on Chaosking's side of the field. Despite it's half-rotted appearance, it looked dangerous and strong, with fire kindling as it snorted (2400).

Chaosking: "Doomkaiser Dragon, attak his Red Gadget!"
Scorpion: "Not so fast, I activate my facedown, Dimensional Prison! Your dragon is removed from play."
Chaosking: "Very well. I set two cards and end my turn."
Scorpion: "Draw! I summon Yellow Gadget!"

As he placed the card on his duel disk, a vision of a beautiful blonde girl flashed through his mind. He had ignored it when he was dueling Soulreaver. This time, he let the memory linger. It had been so long, Scorpion thought. He hadn't seen her in five long years. She had been nineteen then, he remembered. Chaosking looked at him quizically. As much as he didn't want to, Scorp brought himself back to the present.

Scorpion: "With his effect, I add Green Gadget from my deck to my hand! Next, I attack with Yellow Gadget and Red Gadget!"

Both machines leapt at Chaosking and punched him as hard as they could (Chaosking:5500). However, he simply brushed the dust off of his shoulder.

Chaosking: "Well that barely hurt."

Scorpion gritted his teeth and bit back a response. He knew that Chaosking was TRYING to get under his skin. To snap at Chaosking would be to do exactly what he wanted him to do.

Scorpion: "Turn end."
Chaosking: "My move! I activate Dark Hole!"

A gigantic black hole moved across the field and swallowed up both gadgets. Oddly, however, the hole moved over to the side of The Mainframe and stayed there.

Chaosking: "I summon another Zombie Master! Now by discarding Book of Moon, I can bring back Plaguespreader Zombie again! Behold this is the power of authority! Synchro summon! A surprise encounter, Goyo Guardian! Now, since there are exactly three dark attribute monsters in my grave, I can special summon Dark Armed Dragon!!"

Out of the black hole, a gigantic dragon walked out. It was huge, muscular, and armored. It was black and grey but with silver spikes on its tail and armor (2800). The black hole disappeared after that.

Chaosking: "Dark Armed Dragon's effect activates! I can remove Zombie Master from my grave to destroy a card on the field. I target your facedown trap! Now, Dark Armed Dragon, attack!"

Dark Armed swung its tail and caught Scorpion's feet and completely knocked him over on his back (5200).

Chaosking: "Goyo Guardian, attack!"

Scorpion knew from watching Vongola's duel that Goyo Guardian would make a feint to the left but really swing his chain overhand, and he was prepared for it. He raised his arm high and the chain wrapped around Scorp's duel disk. The spikes in it gouged into his forearm painfully, but did no lasting damage (2400). Chaosking looked at him disdainfuly.

Chaosking: "How do you expect to win, dueling like that? Turn end."

Meanwhile...

Vongola was standing outside of the cave when TheRuler ran up to him.

TheRuler: "Come inside...you need to see this."

Vongola went inside the cave. TheRuler led him to the far corner of the cave room, where the defeated Shadow Duelists were sleeping, unconcious. Only they weren't unconcious anymore. All three of them were sitting up against the wall with soup in their laps, eating ravenously. Metamaniac and Sabre looked up.

Metamaniac: "Vongola! Thank goodness your alive, I was afraid of what we might have done. Please don't hurt me, I didn't mean to, I promise. The demon just took control and there was nothing I can do, and he was so strong, and..."

Vongola held up a hand to silence Meta's babbling.

Vongola: "I don't blame you. I know there was nothing you could have done. But I need you to answer a few questions. Any information we can get about the Shadow Duelists will help. Do you guys remember anything?"

Meta and Sabre sat thoughtfully for a moment. Fouzman, on the other hand, was still greedily downing bowl after bowl of soup, barely coming up for air. Vongola frowned jokingly at Fouzman.

Vongola: "Fouzman, can you quit eating for two seconds?"

Fouzman smiled.

Fouzman: "Come on, I'm starving! I haven't eaten in forever!"
Vongola: "Um, Fouzman? I beat you two days ago. Meta and Sabre were beaten several weeks ago."
Fouzman: "Well..."

He gestured aimlessly with his spoon and continued eating. Sabre rolled his eyes.

Sabre: "ANYway, yeah, we do remember some. Vague bits, mostly. For me, I remember the intentions and thoughts of the The Silencer. What he was thinking, that kind of thing. The rest is a blur but I can basically piece together what happened from his thoughts."

Metamaniac looked around.

Metamaniac: "Where's Scorpion? I didn't defeat him did I?"
Vongola: "No. Right now he's going after the leader of The Shadow Duelists."

There was a sudden silence. Metamaniac and Sabre's eyes widened. Even Fouzman dropped his soup and his mouth gaped open. Vongola looked in alarm from person to person.

Vongola: "What?!"
Metamaniac: "Do you mean...Chaosking?"
Vongola: "Yeah, why?"

Metamaniac and Sabre shared looked at each other.

Sabre: "I....If Scorpion is dueling Chaosking...he's doomed."

Meanwhile...

Life points:
Scorpion:2400. Chaosking:5500

Scorpion closed his eyes, he needed a miracle draw to come back from this.

Scorpion: "Draw!"

He looked at the card, and his eyes widened. He couldn't believe his luck.

Scorpion: "Ha! I activate my copy of Dark Hole, now all of YOUR monsters are destroyed!"

The black hole once again swept across the field, sucking in Goyo Guardian and Dark Armed Dragon.

Scorpion: "Now, I summon Green Gadget in attack mode (1400)! Now I can add Red Gadget to my hand. Green Gadget, direct attack!

The little machine jumped across the field and punched Chaosking in the face (Chaosking:4100).

Scorpion: "Turn end."
Chaosking: "Draw! I summon Sangan in attack mode (1000)! Next, I activate Book of Life to bring back Plaguespreader Zombie! Great machine of destruction, bring death on all that is light! Synchro summon! Ally of Justice Catastor!

A spider-like machine appeared on the field (2200).

Chaosking: "Sangan's effect lets me add Spirit Reaper to my hand. Catastor, attack Green Gadget!"

Catastor's eyes glowed red, and Green Gadget exploded without a fight.

Chaosking: "Because of Catastor's effect, any monster it battles is destroyed before the damage step. All of your Gadgets are earth-type, so you can't beat him!"
Scorpion: "We'll see. First, I summon Red Gadget in attack mode (1300)! With his effect, I add Yellow Gadget from my deck to my hand. Now I activate Smashing Ground! This spell destroys the monster you control with the highest DEF! Since you only control one monster, Catastor is destroyed!"

The ground beneath Catastor exploded, and Catastor broke into two pieces and shattered. Chaosking actually smiled.

Chaosking: "Ah...I understand now. You actually DO have a strategy. Your entire spell and trap lineup is designed to destroy my cards, and your gadgets gain you card advantage each turn. Each turn you summon one, you get a card from your deck. Meanwhile, your spells and traps take out my cards one by one. Right now you have six cards in your hand and field, and I have only one. You hope to expend all my resources while you still have monsters in your hand, leaving me to topdeck. I must say, I'm somewhat impressed. I'm sure this strategy has gained you many victories over lesser opponents. But understand this: no matter how you try, you cannot control ME."

Chaosking looked thoughtful for a moment.

Chaosking: "Strange, though. Such a dueling style doesn't seem to suit a man such as yourself."

Scorpion nodded briefly. The strategy was indeed rather good, but as Chaosking said, it was not his first approach to dueling. Scorp had always been about showing off big monsters and winning with a bang. It was all about power.
Until he met Katrina.

Six Years Ago:

Scorpion was riding in the back of a car with a bunch of other guys. They had just got back from a local tournament that Scorpion had won. They were in the real world...Pseudospace had just been invented and it hadn't quite taken off yet.

Random guy: "Haha! Nice win Scorp! You waited until the very end and then: BAM!! You just took him out!!"
Random guy 2: "Nice otk man! He never saw it coming."

Scorpion gave them a wide, rogueish grin.

Scorpion: "Well that's what happens when you deal with the best!"

The other men whooped their approval and clapped him on the back. The car pulled up to a smallish house. The house itself was small and homely, but the proeperty was huge. There was a small forest in the backyard and in the cleared area there were flower gardens and orchards for several acres.

Scorpion: "All right boys, this is my stop."
Driver: "Cya later bro! Win us some more duels!"
Scorpion: "Will do."

Scorpion got out of the car and waved as it pulled away. He looked much the same as he did in the present, but younger. He had just turned nineteen, and his face looked young still. His black hair was even messier than usual, and instead of wearing the dressier clothes that marked him as an admin, he wore more casual clothes, which seemed to suit his easygoing personality better.

Scorp opened the fence that led to the orchard, making sure that he latched the gate behind him. Sunlight shone brightly through the tree canopy. There was a girl on a ladder, picking fruit on one of the trees. She looked over as she heard the sound of the gate closing, and waved enthusiastically at Scorpion. Scorpion's rogueish grin was replaced by a wistful, boyish look. The girl swiftly climbed down the ladder and ran to Scorpion, tackling him with a hug. She was much shorter than him, her head was only high enough to rest comfortable on his shoulder. Despite Scorpion's pretended self-confidence in other parts of his life, he felt butterflies in his stomach as she snuggled up against his shoulder and sighed peacefully. Scorp gently stroked her blonde hair and held her close to him. After a few seconds, she backed away slightly and looked at him. Scorpion was pleased to that see she still clung to him though.

Katrina: "I missed you."
Scorpion: "I know. I missed you too."

He smiled shyly at her.

Scorpion: "A lot."

Katrina studied him thoughtfully. Her eyes were so beautiful...they were so blue and deep, like an ocean. Scorp felt like he could get lost in those eyes forever, given the chance. Katrina leaned forward and lightly brushed her lips against his. They were so soft...

Scorp realized he was gaping slightly. Katrina smiled at his dopey expression. Her teeth were dazzlingly white and seemed to sparkle.

Katrina: "Welcome back."

Later...

They were in the house now, sitting on Katrina's bed. They talked for hours, catching up on all that had happened recently. It had only been about a month since Scorpion had seen her, but it seemed like forever.

Katrina: "So, I hear you've been making a name for yourself at dueling tournaments lately. Is that true?"

Scorp smiled.

Scorpion: "It sure is! You should have seen me today, I was destroying them! Most of them had good cards too, there were only a few guys with crap cards."

Katrina frowned slightly.

Katrina: "Crap cards?"
Scorpion: "Yeah, their monsters had such low attack points. They were barely even a challenge."

Katrina laughed lightly, and Scorpion melted inside. Her laugh was as beautiful as everything else about her. It reminded him of tinkling bells. Katrina waggled a finger under his nose in mock severity.

Katrina: "Come on Scorpy, you know no cards are REALLY useless. Anything can be good if you know how to use it. Even this."

She picked up a random common card from her nightstand and handed it to Scorpion. He furrowed his eyebrows.

Scorpion: "'Yellow Gadget'? Um...no offense Katrina, but this card isn't very good. At all."

Katrina flashed another smile at him. This time it was a bit mischevious.

Katrina: "Wanna bet? I'll duel you with three copies of this card in my deck and win."
Scorpion: "Oh really? Well I only have my tournament deck with me...it would run over that deck."

Katrina waved her hand dismissively.

Katrina: "That'll do."
Scorpion: "Um...okay Katrina. But don't say I didn't warn you. My deck is very good and that gadget...uh, isn't. No offense."
Katrina: "None taken dear."

She winked at him playfully. Scorp shook his head at her. This was HIS game. He knew he would win.

Fifteen minutes later, he had lost.

Scorpion: "Wha...how did you...?"

She smiled hugely at him, giving Scorpion butterflies again despite his disbelief at losing. Her smile was something that never got old.

Katrina: "I figured out the strength of the card, that's how. Scorp...everything has a purpose in life."

She stroked his cheek lightly with her hand and looked into his eyes with those amazing blue eyes.

Katrina: "You just...have to be patient enough to find what the purpose is. The time spent is worth the reward. Even if they seem like a mess at first."

Scorpion smiled, and knew that she wasn't just talking about trading cards.

The Present:

Scorpion's eyes teared as he remembered. He turned back to Chaosking.

Scorpion: "You're right. That isn't how I used to fight. But someone taught me that all cards have their own hidden power. Even weak ones."

He smiled sadly.

Scorpion: "When use correctly...the weak can best the strongest of all. And I don't just mean monsters."

Chaosking studied him thoughtfully.

Chaosking: "You truly are a different breed of human. You know you're weaker than me. Yet despite all my power and skill, you have no fear of me. Why?"

He looked at the Yellow Gadget in his hand, and Katrina's face sprung before his eyes. Scorpion leveled his gaze at Chaosking.

Scorpion: "Because I have something to fight for."

Chaosking met his gaze and kept eye contact, but nodded.

Chaosking: "Interesting. In a different day and age, we might have been friends."
Scorpion: "Yet here we are, locked in combat, with the fate of the world resting on who wins."
Chaosking: "Indeed. One of us must lose. One will live, and one will die."

Scorpion shook his head grimly while keeping eye contact.

Scorpion: "I won't fail."

Chaosking smiled wickedly, but the smile didn't hold as much contempt as before.

Chaosking: "It's your move."

Next time: Chapter 18: "Knight versus King, Part 2" 
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 7:35 pm

I know I always say you made a nice chapter, but this time you have really outdone yourself man, keep up the good work!!!
Back to top Go down
Yuri Bakura

Yuri Bakura

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 8:02 pm

nice chapter and i notice one mistake xD

zombie master effect :

Quote :
Once per turn, you can send 1 Monster Card from your hand to the Graveyard to Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Zombie-Type Monster from either player's Graveyard.

in ur story, chaosking discard bom instead ~
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:41 pm

Yuri Bakura wrote:
nice chapter and i notice one mistake xD

zombie master effect :

Quote :
Once per turn, you can send 1 Monster Card from your hand to the Graveyard to Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Zombie-Type Monster from either player's Graveyard.

in ur story, chaosking discard bom instead ~

and another ruling with zombie master: you can only special summon the zombie that you discard if you already have another zombie type monster in your grave before you activate the effect.

but other than that this story is put together so well! the way you mentioned the girl in a couple chapters back and then now talking about her and why scorp like gadgets, its just such a good story line!

and i'll think about what deck i want haha =b
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 6:32 am

Whattt, you made me loose to a girl... noooooooooooooooo XD I wont see my yellow gadget the same way now. The funny thing about your storry is that the yellow gadget is actualy my favorite Smile your opponent cant suicide his tomato on him ( like on the green gadget ), he cant suicide emmersblade on it ( thats for the red ) the yellow gadget is perfect in all the ways XD

the part 2 of must be insane, i cant waith to see what we will learn about chaos king and my character Smile GOOD JOB HARPER

PS dont worry about the missplays, Its not like Konami never do that Wink But thinking about it, we should disqualified chaos King for Cheating XD

Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 6:54 am

yeah master can only be activated have a zombie in the grave and by sending a MONSTER card to grave, but still nice chapter

and how did they survive for 7 days without food or drinks? O.o
a human can survive UP to 7 days without food and 3 days without water :/

but the answer will be: MAGIC xD
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 5:57 pm

they had soup haha
Back to top Go down
SabreW

SabreW

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 6:18 pm

Oh. My. Gawd. Harper, may I tell you that your storytelling skills are just GENIUS!? Teach me, O wise one! *worships you*

Scorpion's backstory is awesome. His relationship with Katrina is just too funny. Even the most stubborn guy can go soft when a pretty girl is involved. Trust me, I know too well.

Now this duel is about to heat up even more. Scorpion, light up Chaosking something fierce and get our friend back!

As for my new deck, once I figure out what deck I wanna use, I'll pm you before the next chapter comes out.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 11:11 am

Frost: haha I never get tired of your comments, even if they're similar. Comments are how I know that you guys are still reading the story and still love it, and it makes me happy every time haha. Glad to know I get better every time Smile
yuri/John: yeah, you're right *facepalm*. I can fix the bom easily but idk what I'll do for the beginning move...for now (since they constantly screw the rules in the anime) he can
cheat xD. I will think of something else for the special edition version. He's a villain, what do you expect Razz? Thanks for the positive feedback also, like I said above, I like thy you like it so much Smile
scorpion: hahaha disqualified...imagine this scene:
chaosking: I discard plaguespreader to summon himself
you: whoa whoa whoa, can I get a ruling on this? *judge comes out of nowhere and blow a whistle*
judge: nope, he can't do that, you're disqualified
chaosking: aw, dang it! I'll have to think of a better plan next time...it's not like I can just blast you with plasma bolts and kill you or anything... Razz.
Glad you like it Scorp Smile
vongola: uh.................(thinks of a random explanation on the spot) well you see vongola, after the shadow duelist spirits left them, they were in a state of suspended animation, kinda like hibernation, so their body processes slowed down enough that they didn't need food. Yeah...that's it Razz
sabre: sure, you can say that Very Happy. Thanks bro, I'm glad you like it so much Smile. I'm having a lot of fun with Scorp's character. He's usually an easygoing devil-may-care kind of guy, but he also has a soft side and a really mad side. I love characters like that. Here's the new chapter, it's a little shorter than I thought it would be but oh well. Enjoy:

The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 18: Knight Versus King, Part 2

Vongola frowned at Sabre, Metamaniac, and Fouzman, who were seated against the cave wall.

Vongola: "What do you mean 'doomed'?This is Scorp we're talking about! Almost no one can beat him!"
Sabre: "That's right. ALMOST no one can beat him. Most people can't. Chaosking can. He's invincible...you have to stop Scorp Vongola."
Vongola: "It's too late, he's probably found him by now."

Sabre's eyes were serious.

Sabre: "You HAVE to try. At least try to find him and give him support."

Vongola looked around. TheRuler and John were chatting about their plans to escape FADA, and Fallen was still sitting by himself in the opposite corner. No one was paying any attention to him Vongola took a deep breath.

Vongola: "I'll be right back."

Meanwhile...
Life points:
Scorpion:2400. Chaosking:4100

Scorpion: "It's still my turn. I attack directly with Red Gadget!"

Once again, the little machine punched Chaosking as forcefully as it could, and this time Chaosking flinched a little at the impact. He was beginning to weaken. (Chaosking:2800).

Scorpion: "I set four cards and end my turn."

Scorpion had two Dimensional Prisons and two Solemn Warnings facedown. If his opponent were anyone else, he was almost guaranteed to win with so much card advantage and with so many traps laid out. Still, Scorpion had seen what Chaosking was capable of, even with a bad hand, and he knew he wasn't out of the woods yet.

Chaosking: "My move, draw! I set a monster in defense mode and set a card facedown and end my turn."
Scorpion: "What, no synchro summon? Have I weakened you that much?"
Chaosking: "We can play this game your way human. Your deck is all about keeping advantage and not overextending your resources. I can play along long enough to defeat you."

Scorpion snorted.

Scorpion: "Or maybe you're just out of options."
Chaosking: "Hardly. But are you going to prattle on about it all day or are you going to attempt to prove yourself right?"

Scorpion ignored him and drew.

Scorpion: "I summon Yellow Gadget in attack mode. He gets me Green Gadget from my deck, as I'm sure you know by now. Red Gadget attacks your facedown!"

Red Gadget punched blindly at the monster, and a frail-lookig zombie appeared. It wore a purple robe and carried a scythe (200). Red Gadget punched it, but the zombie merely caught the punch with its scythe, and threw Red Gadget back to Scorpion's side of the field

Chaosking: "You attacked Spirit Reaper. He cannot be destroyed by battle, no matter what battles it!"
Scorpion: "He can't be destroyed by battle at ALL? How is THAT fair?"
Chaosking: "I didn't say it was fair. My move!"

Chaosking studied his card carefully.

Chaosking: "Well, I see no need to do anything. I end my turn."
Scorpion: "Draw! Ugh..."

He had drawn Bottomless Trap Hole. Not a bad card, but it didn't help at the moment. What he really needed was another Smashing Ground so he could get rid of Spirit Reaper. Once he was gone he could come close to winning by attacking with all three gadgets.

Scorpion: "I summon Green Gadget in attack mode (1400). He gets me my last Red Gadget to my hand. I end my turn."
Vongola: "Scorp!"

Scorpion and Chaosking turned around at the sound of the voice. Vongola stood on the ground, near the base of The Mainframe.

Scorpion: "Vongola? What are you doing here?!"
Vongola: "Scorp, he's too dangerous, we have to get out of here!"
Scorpion: "Not until I save Pseudospace by defeating him."
Vongola: "Scorp, you don't understand...you can't beat him! He's too good. Sabre, sabre and the others woke up. They remember what The Shadow Duelists were trying to do, what they were trying to create. They know he's too powerful."

Scorpion seemed to consider that. Then he frowned and shook his head

Scorpion: "You just don't trust me do you?" 

Vongola bit his lip.

Vongola: "I'm sorry Scorp. I didn't want to disagree with you. But I also don't want to see you dead."
Chaosking: "It's too late for that I'm afraid."

They both turned to look at him.

Chaosking: "Your friend cannot quit this duel. This is a Shadow Duel, if he gives up, his life will be forfeit. Now duel."

Scorpion: "Fine by me."

Vongola was worried, but he noticed that Scorpion had the upper hand, and being unsupportive wasn't going to help him.

Vongola: "Scorp...good luck."

Chaosking: "With that, it's my turn. I draw! Hm...I end my turn."

Vongola raised an eyebrow. Scorpion shrugged.

Scorpion: "Draw!"

STILL no Smashing Ground. Scorpion was starting to get frustrated with Spirit Reaper. Chaosking's defeat was so close, yet he was untouchable while Spirit Reaper was on the field. Wait...he looked again at the card he just drew. Maybe it was useful after all.

Scorpion: "I tribute Yellow Gadget to advance summon Vanity's Fiend!"

Yellow Gadget disappeared, and in it's place a tall figure appeared. In some ways it appeared to be human, but there were strange parts about it. It had fur on its arms, and the left side of its face was disfigured. It wore a flowing black cloak and had long reddish hair (2400).

Scorpion: "While Vanity's Fiend is on the field, neither of us can special summon! Now all of your strategies are..."
Chaosking: "I activate Torrential Tribute."
Scorpion: "What? Why?! Your Spirit Reaper is gone now too!"

Chaosking ignored him. A huge wVe of water rushed out of the card and swallowed Green Gadget, Red Gadget, Vanity's Fiend, and Spirit Reaper.

Scorpion: "I end my turn."
Chaosking: "I draw!"

He smiled.

Chaosking: "It's here."
Scorpion: "WHAT'S here?"
Chaosking: "I activate Giant Trunade, which returns all of your facedowns to your hand."

Scorpion was beginning to get a bad feeling. Not only were special summon possible now, but his field was completely open. He began to truly feel fear for the first time.

Chaosking: "Next, I summon Goblin Zombie (1100). Lastly, I activate Plaguespreader Zombie's effect in my grave. By returning the last card in my hand to the top of my deck, I can special summon him! When the line between the dead and the living is blurred, the ruler of hell will descend upon this world! Synchro summon! Command, Revived King Ha Des!"

Another zombie rose from the crack in the roof. This one was clothed in a tattered purple robe with a skull on the chest. It had talon-like fingernails and his long, demonic tongue hung out of its mouth (2450).

Scorpion: "No!!!! That's impossible!!!!"
Chaosking: "Revived King Ha Des!! Attack him directly!"
Vongola: "Scorp!!!!!"

Ha Des grabbed Scorpion by the throat and held him high off the ground. Inside, Scorpion was devastated. He had failed everyone. He had failed Harper, Vongola, FADA, Katrina...even the world. He tried to picture Katrina's face one last time. Chaosking looked pitilessly at the struggling figure of Scorpion.

Chaosking: "Kill him."

Ha Des grinned, and dug his sharp nails into Scorpion's neck, piercing it. Scorp made a strangled gurgling sound and fell limp. Ha Des dropped him to the floor.

Vongola: "SCORP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

He looked at Scorp's still figure. He still wasn't moving.

Vongola: "No...this isn't HAPPENING...how.....?"

Chaosking turned his golden eyes on Vongola. Vongola made eye contact and immediately wished he hadn't. Any courage he had remaining left him and he ran as fast as he could back to the caves.
Chaosking snorted. He drew two cards and summoned them on the field. They were the same monster.

Spoiler:

The wolves were summoned on the ground on the ground, and they looked up questionally at Chaosking. He indicated to the running figure.

Chaosking: "Track him down."

Next time: Chapter 19: "The Last Stand"
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 1:40 pm

ohhh man, scorp is dead[seeming] and vongola is running from wolves. It was ironic how scorp drew BTH and for the past week or so he's been saying how bad a card it is in nero's deck post. Very Happy It sux that one of the facedowns wasn't a solemn judgement/dark bribe. Nice Work.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 1:59 pm

wuuutttt. Youuuuuuuuuu killeeeeddddddd MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :O I'm sorry but i have to ban you for at least a month for that ... XD just kiding

But I still hate you for that Razz It was a cool chapter until i died to the hands of the monster that makes me win against debris decks. It was nice to see you took a look at my adget videos because i saw my precious vanities fiend tech in that duel Smile

Well vongola, you know what you have to do now, you need to find the 7 Dragon balls and revive me ASAP so i can take my revenge on Harper controled by chaos king Razz
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 2:25 pm

nah, first I will defeat chaosking after that I might revive you Razz
Back to top Go down
Ray1500

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 9:14 pm

And Then Ray Saves The Day! Lolz Probably Not But Pshh. Nice Chapter btw :3
Back to top Go down
Yuri Bakura

Yuri Bakura

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 11:39 pm

scorpion lose T.T i know that chaosking wont lose that easily ... maybe vongola will kill him !_!
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 6:14 pm

Frost: none can stop me...mwuahahaha! Thx for the comment Smile
scorp: whew I'm glad you don't hate me for real Very Happy. Don't worry though...I won't spoil anything, but uh...hm. Can't say anything else without spoiling xD. Just be patient with the story, I'll say that haha. And lol about the dragon balls
Ray: well I'm not done with your character but you left haha so I'm afraid not Smile
yuri: only time will tell Razz

new chapter, it's so hard to find free time lately Sad

The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 19: The Last Stand

John and Tino were standing guard at the cave. The sky outside had been threatening to storm for the past twelve hours, and now it finally began to rain. Thunder boomed, and cold rain began falling from the sky. They both stiffened as an unknown figure came running towards them out of nowhere through the mist. Then they relaxed as they realized it was Vongola.

Tino: "What happened?"

His voice was urgent, but yet still not panicked. John often wondered how Tino could always be so calm. Vongola bent over and put his bands on his knees, panting.

Vongola: "Scorp...he...he lost."

John's mouth gaped. He closed his mouth, opened it as if to say something, and then closed it again.

Tino: "Lost."

It was a statement...and a question.

Vongola: "He lost the Shadow Duel and he...he...he's dead."

There was a long period of silence as the rain fell softly on their backs. John couldn't believe it. John had beaten Scorpion before, but he's always had the feeling that Scorp had let him win, or that he had been going easy in him. He'd had always figured that it was almost impossible for Scorp to lose. But now...

Tino: "We need to get out of here."

Vongola and John stared at him. 

Vongola: "And...how exactly are we going to do that? The wall and gate are still electrified, and Chaosking is blocking our way."

This time, it was John and Tino that exchanged looks.

John: "Ray came back to the outside of the wall again last night. He was able to escape because he stole an electronic key from a Captain of The Children Of The Dark. It overrided the system and let him turn off the electricity and open the gate. He tossed the key over the fence to us."

This was new to Vongola.

Vongola: "Really? That will help a lot. But the fact remains: we still need to GET to the gate to be able to use it. Chaosking won't let us do that."

John shrugged, but Tino looked even more serious than usual.

Tino: "Then one of us needs to fight him."

Vongola shook his head sadly.

Vongola: "Normally, I would agree with you. But...he beat Scorp, Tino. Scorp was one of the best duelists I know. What are we going to do, send everyone in the academy after him one after the other until we're all dead?"
Tino: "No."

He looked grim.

Tino: "It'll only take one more. Chaosking can only be in one place at a time. If he's dueling someone...the rest of the academy can escape."

John blinked.

John: "A diversion?"
Tino: "Yes. There's no need to put any more people in danger."
John: "But that would require someone sacrificing themselves. Who's willing to do that?"

Vongola swallowed hard.

Vongola: "I think the answer to that is obvious. I brought Harper to this academy, he's my responsibility. And I'm the head administrator now...my students' safety comes first."

There was dead silence following this remark.

John: "I don't know if I could take it if you and Scorp both..."

He choked a little and stopped talking.

Tino: "Vongola...I need to talk to you for a second."

He put his arm around Vongola's shoulder and they walked away for a short distance until they were alone.

Tino: "LNoir."

Vongola blinked in surprise as Tino called him by his real name. He never did that.

Tino: "They need you LNoir. The students. Yuri left them. Richlik betrayed them. Scorpion died on them. Fallen King is too depressed to do anything. They don't trust TheRuler since he was appointed by Richlik. They need an admin that they know they can rely on. I doubt that they will follow some random person who will take them in the direction of Chaosking. They need to know that the plan is reliable. And for that...they need you."

Vongola took a deep breath.

Vongola: "What do you propose we do then? If not me, then who will sacrifice themself to Chaosking?"

Tino smiled thinly...which was a little odd actually. Vongola had only seen him smile once or twice in the long time he had known him.

Tino: "I'll fight."
Vongola: "You will."

Just like Tino's had been, Vongola's words were meant to be both a statement and a question.

Tino: "I'll do it. Maybe I can even stop him."
Vongola: "But...why?"

Tino snorted.

Tino: "The same reason you wanted to. We need to protect our students. I want to avenge Scorpion and Jalice. And I want to see how my skills compare to Chaosking's. Even if it kills me."

In fact, this was exactly why Vongola had wanted to fight. He simply nodded.

Vongola: "Okay."

He grasped Tino's shoulder.

Vongola: "Good luck out there."

Tino nodded, unable to speak.

Vongola: "Are you going to just go out and try to find Chaosking or..."

Suddenly, over the sound of the rain, they could hear snarling and barking as two animals approached. As they got closer, they could see that the beasts were hideosly deformed wolves. They had rotting skin, long slobbery tongues, and mangy fur.

Vongola: "Zombies, run!"

They had a head start on the Plague Wolves: they had only walked a short distance away from the caves. But the wolves were fast, and tore after them at lightning speed. Tino and Vongola barely managed to run inside the caves before the wolves approached the entrance. On their way in Tino and Vongola passed Sabre and Mizara, the Archfiend Leader. Sabre and Mizara both had their duel disks out.

Sabre: "I summon Amazoness Queen!"
Mizara: "I summon Breaker, The Magical Warrior!"

The two warriors appeared in a flash of light, and brandished their swords. The wolves continued running with no hesitation, and leapt directly at the defending monsters. The first wolf got quickly cut in half in midair by Amazoness Queen's blade, but the other wolf got the better of Breaker, and almost tore his shield arm off entirely. It latched onto his shield and wouldn't let go. Breaker whacked it repeatedly with his sword, and finally detatched the demonic canine from his shield. It growled at him and tried to pounce again, but Breaker held steady and brandished his sword as a warning. The wolf miraculously leapt backwards just as Amazoness Queen swung her sword at it, avoiding the strike completely. It snarled at them both, and then took off back in the direction from which it had come. Sabre and Mizara replaced the cards into their decks.

Mizara: "All clear!"

Tino and Vongola came back out of the cave. Mizara gestured to the dead wolf. It was bloody and cut in two. It's blood began mixing with the water raining down relentlessly. Its dead eyes stared lifelessly into the sky as thunder boomed.

Mizara: "We got one, but the other escaped."

Vongola looked at the twisted figure on the ground.

Vongola: "Then it's settled then. Chaosking knows where we are. Thanks for your help you two, now come inside out of the rain...we have a lot of talking to do."

Later...

The entire remnant of FADA was gathered in the main cave room. Vongola and Tino stood at the front of the assembly.

Vongola: "You're probably wondering why I've called a meeting of all of you. Well I'll tell you: we're finally getting out of here."

At this, a lot of the students murmured to each other.

Blackrose Student: "Really?! How?"
Vongola: "Ray, who most of you know, brought us the electronic key that will allow us to unlock the gate and shut down the electricity. We are all going to make a mad dash for the exit."
Stardust Student: "But what about that Chaosking guy? He's still out there...how do we know he won't kill us if we leave?"

Vongola took a deep breath as he prepared to give the terrible news.

Vongola: "He will kill us if we STAY. He knows we're here now."

This time there was an outburst of protest, and Vongola had to raise his voice to be heard.

Vongola: "BUT...we have a plan!"

The talking stopped.

Vongola: "When Chaosking gets here, Tino, our Stardust Blue Leader, will duel him one on one. That will give the rest of us the opportunity to escape. Chaosking cannot kill us if he's dueling Tino. He should buy us plenty of time to get to the other side of the academy, open the gate, and get miles away before Chaosking can even begin to chase after us."

The talking and murmuring died down quite a bit: The plan actually made a lot of sense. Then a young Blackrose Student spoke up. He was only about twelve.

Blackrose Student 2: "But...what about Tino?"

Suddenly, the rest of the students also understood the implicatioandif the plan and there was a chorus of complaints.

Archfiend Student: "Yeah! You can't just decide to sacrifice him like that!"
Stardust Student 2: "How can you let Tino get hurt?!"
Tino: "It was my decision."

At this, the talking completely stopped. The entire assembly respected Tino, and knew that he didn't speak, at all, unless it was important.

Tino: "My decision. My idea as a matter of fact. I know what you're thinking: 'He must be suicidal!' No. I don't want to die. I enjoy life, I enjoy what I do. I enjoy you, my students. But that's why it has to be me. What other option is there? If we don't do this now, that will only give Chaosking the opportunity to kill you too. And that I cannot bear. I have enjoyed being your teacher, your leader...and for some, your mentor. It's been a pleasure to know you all, but my time is now at an end. I wish you all good luck with the rest of your lives."

At this, he turned around and walked into a side cave to be by himself. There was a stunned silence for everyone. Everyone was sad at the news. Some even started crying.

Vongola: "Everyone...pack up your things. Be ready to move at a moment's notice. We leave FADA as soon as Chaosking arrives."

And with that, he walked away as well.

Later...

Vongola found Tino in the cave where Harper had found his Synchro Cat deck. He sat underneath one of the gazebos, and had his cards laid out on a table. He seemed to be reconstructing his deck.

Vongola: "Hey."

Tino looked up.

Tino: "Hey."
Vongola: "So...what are you up to?"
Tino: "Creating my deck for the match."

Vongola nodded.

Vongola: "I have to ask: what deck do you actually use? I've heard many different things from many different people."
Tino: "They're probably all correct. I create a new deck for every important duel I play. I suit the playstyle appropriately to what I know about the duelist."
Vongola: "What's your plan for Chaosking?"

Tino laced his fingers together and stared intently at his cards.

Tino: "Duelists such as him are the hardest to defeat. They have highly explosive decks with high consistancy levels. Nothing less would suit them. Scorpion attempted to control the chaos of Chaosking's deck, but failed. Scorpion is one of the better anti-meta players I know of. If he cannot control Chaosking's deck, I doubt I can. So, I will fight fire with fire. I'll be the aggressor and use a deck type we're both familiar with."
Vongola: "I see."

And he did. He knew exactly what deck Tino had in mind.

Later...

Tino stood outside in the pouring rain. Lightning flashed around him. Suddenly, the lightning struck right in front of him, illuminating the whole area around him. To Tino's surprise, Chaosking was right in front of him. He nodded politely at Chaosking.

Tino: "Evening Harper."

He spoke as if they were inside having tea. Chaosking sneered at him.

Chaosking: "Harper is gone, fool. But I'm sure you know that by now."
Tino: "Perhaps."

He still had an unwavering voice.

Tino: "Or perhaps your power is only boasted and Harper is still inside of you."
Chaosking: "'Perhaps' you have a deathwish."

Tino smiled widely at him.

Tino: "No offense...but I've heard better blustering comebacks from a five-year old girl."
Chaosking: "Hah. Very funny human. What is this, a verbal debate now? Enough pointless bickering, I already tire of it. You WILL learn respect...though you will only have a few more minutes remaining in your life to be able to apply it."

Tino closed his eyes, and slowly opened them.

Tino: "You still don't get it."

Chaosking looked questionally at him.

Tino: "I'm not afraid of you demon. I never will be. Now. Get. Out. Of. My. Friend."

Chaosking threw back his head and laughed maniacally.

Chaosking: "You think you can order me around?!?! ME?!?! Very well. If it'a a fight you want, it's a fight you'll get. You can play the hero all you want little human, but you will lose anyway. You know that."

Tino smiled slyly at him.

Tino: "I only hear talk. Prove it."
Chaosking: "Have it your way. No more talk. That's what I wanted from the beginning."

He extended his arm, and shadows whirled around it, forming a duel disk. Tino took his deck from his pocket and put it in his Stardust Blue duel disk. He activated it.
Despite the rain, twin circles of purple fire ignited around the two duelists, signifying that it was a Shadow Duel. There was no turning back now. Chaosking grinned evily at Tino as lightning flashed behind him.

Tino/Chaosking: "Duel!"

Next time: Chapter 20: "The Last Stand, Part 2"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next