Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeStarlight Road Review I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Starlight Road Review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Starlight Road Review Empty
PostSubject: Starlight Road Review   Starlight Road Review EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:12 am

Hi people.This is my first card review.Today I am going to talk about the Trap Card Starlight Road.Starlight Road came up as a promo card with Duelist Pack Collection Tin 2010.Anyway lets head on to the card

Starlight Road Review StarlightRoadDPCT-EN-ScR-LE

Normal Trap Card

Activate only when an effect is activated that would destroy 2 or more cards you control. Negate the effect and destroy that card. Then, you can Special Summon 1 "Stardust Dragon" from your Extra Deck.

As you can see the effect is pretty broken because it can negate cards,that can make you lose some of your very good cards,and summoning a 2500 Beatstick who can also negate a destructive card (such as Dark Armed Dragon) one time.

You can use Starlight Road on the following cards(there a more cards but those are just the "pain in the ass" cards):

• Blackrose Dragon
  • Lightning Vortex
  • Heavy Storm
  • Mirror Force
  • Torrential Tribute
  • Judgement Dragon
  • Icarus Attack
  • Crystal Abundance.
  • XX-Saber Hyunlei
  • Torrential Tribute

Now lets analyse Starlight Roads "Pros" and "Cons"

Starlight Road "Pros":

• It can negate cards that destroy 2 or more of your cards
    Special Summon Stardust Dragon.
  • Its a "Table Turner" since it can negate cards that are pain in the ass (Judgement Dragon as example) and DESTROY them.
  • It doesn't have a cost.
  • You can even activate it while you don't have Stardust Dragon in Extra Deck or Vanity's Fiend or Vanity's Ruler is on the field

Starlight Road "Cons":

• It can be negated by Royal Oppresion.
  • The Special Summoned Stardust Dragon won't be Synchro Summoned, meaning that you can't Special Summon him from grave by call of the haunted or by its own effect.
  • You need to have 2 or more cards that are about to be destroyed.

Personal Card Rating:8.5/10
Starlight Road is a pretty cool card.It will surely take the place of My Body As A Shield and maybe Heavy Storm will be replace by Giant Trunade.Also it can be a gamble to summon Black Rose Dragon or Judgement Dragon.

So this is all for today.Rate and Comment

Last edited by Fallen King on Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Starlight Road Review   Starlight Road Review EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:55 am

Nice card with GOOD eff. too bad its not in KCVDS yet......OR IS IT???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starlight Road Review   Starlight Road Review EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:59 am

What a broken hoe of a card D:
Back to top Go down
Tino The Sinner

Tino The Sinner

PostSubject: Re: Starlight Road Review   Starlight Road Review EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 6:00 am

I would give it less of a rating, maybe like a 7
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starlight Road Review   Starlight Road Review EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 6:04 am

LegendaryFrost wrote:
Nice card with GOOD eff. too bad its not in KCVDS yet......OR IS IT???

When Seto updates KC it will probably be along with some other nice cards Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starlight Road Review   Starlight Road Review EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 8:30 am

i thought it negates the battle phase and summon stardust :/ anyway its good one Wink
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Starlight Road Review   Starlight Road Review EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 8:34 am

Well tino tbh Starlight road deserve more than 7, actualy i think the rate fallenking gave is not bad, personaly i would have rate it 8/10

Its true that it doesnt couter everything and the card its situational but starlight road is a +2 card when you pull it out. Fallen king forgot to mention that this card is actualy a very good counter to those Blackwings Icarus attack trap. Against Blackwings you can easily get a +3 advantage. 8/10 would be the corect rate imo.

Thx for the review fallen, next time try to make a longer review tho Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starlight Road Review   Starlight Road Review EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 9:12 am

Scorpion67 wrote:
Well tino tbh Starlight road deserve more than 7, actualy i think the rate fallenking gave is not bad, personaly i would have rate it 8/10

Its true that it doesnt couter everything and the card its situational but starlight road is a +2 card when you pull it out. Fallen king forgot to mention that this card is actualy a very good counter to those Blackwings Icarus attack trap. Against Blackwings you can easily get a +3 advantage. 8/10 would be the corect rate imo.

Thx for the review fallen, next time try to make a longer review tho Wink

Actually i mentioned Icarus Attack in the list. Very Happy I forgot to mention that i will be at 3 at anti-meta decks
Back to top Go down
vem123

vem123

PostSubject: Re: Starlight Road Review   Starlight Road Review EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:52 am

Nice review fallen Very Happy

KCVDS needs to update quickly, this is already a staple and we cannot have it . It would be a very nice addition to almost all of my decks Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starlight Road Review   Starlight Road Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Starlight Road Review
Page 1 of 1