Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homestarlight road and stardust I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

starlight road and stardust

Go down 
+3
Harper7000
Magicknight94
Nivedo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Nivedo

Nivedo

starlight road and stardust Empty
PostSubject: starlight road and stardust   starlight road and stardust EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 4:58 pm

ok i came across this conflict and i have to ask.

no where on stardust does it say it must be synchro summoned to be special summoned from the grave. and it doesnt say that in any which way. and starlight road says nothing about stardust not being able to be special summoned from the graveyard after it uses its effect.

now then people are saying that since it wasnt "properly summoned" it cannot be brought back from the graveyard even by its own effect. from what i understand if a card wasnt properly summoned means that its summon was negated, and for special summon monsters that means that they can't be brought back from grave unless you return to extra deck first.

Back to top Go down
Magicknight94

Magicknight94

PostSubject: Re: starlight road and stardust   starlight road and stardust EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 5:24 pm

Stardust is Synchro Monster. ALL Synchro Monster must be synchro summoned correctlly before you reborn them. That is basic rule. Like you can active Trap Card in your opp turn, but you cannot active a Normal Spell Card in his turn, even though nowhere on that Spell Card say you cannot.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: starlight road and stardust   starlight road and stardust EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 6:05 pm

Magicknight is right. "Not properly summoned" can refer to a summon's negation or an improper summon. Stardust is "special summoned", not "synchro summoned, so it cannot revive if you activate the effect. It's a drawback, but not a very big one. It's a free +1 that can negate something once
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: starlight road and stardust   starlight road and stardust EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 7:56 pm

wow nice example magicknight Shocked haha
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: starlight road and stardust   starlight road and stardust EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 12:12 am

so then that would mean no monster reborn then. now then would flipping it face down make it to where you could get is effect
Back to top Go down
Minako

Minako

PostSubject: Re: starlight road and stardust   starlight road and stardust EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 12:26 am

Nivedo wrote:
so then that would mean no monster reborn then. now then would flipping it face down make it to where you could get is effect

That wouldn't change the fact that it was not properly summoned to begin with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: starlight road and stardust   starlight road and stardust EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 12:54 am

ok and what about the monster reborn.

if i monster reborn my opponents stardust that was brought out by starlight road and use his effect, my opponent wouldn't be able to bring him out using his effect, correct, or would i not be able to reborn him to begin with?
Back to top Go down
King007
Nostalgic Tourney Organizer
King007

PostSubject: Re: starlight road and stardust   starlight road and stardust EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 12:58 am

it's really simple man xD

any synchro monster who wasn't successfully synchro summoned cannot be special summoned, wether it's your monster or your opponent's !!

no reborn, no CotH, no revival stardust effect ...
Back to top Go down
Magicknight94

Magicknight94

PostSubject: Re: starlight road and stardust   starlight road and stardust EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 2:15 am

j0hnb0i wrote:
wow nice example magicknight Shocked haha

So, is it a compliment? :-?

Nivedo wrote:
ok and what about the monster reborn.

if i monster reborn my opponents stardust that was brought out by starlight road and use his effect, my opponent wouldn't be able to bring him out using his effect, correct, or would i not be able to reborn him to begin with?

A Stardust Dragon is summoned by Starlight Road/Temple of the Kings/Synchro Change/etc. CANNOT be reborned.

And when I say "cannot be reborned" I mean "you cannot special summon it from graveyard under any circumstances/you cannot special summon it from banished zone under any circumstances/you cannot special summon it from Spell-Trap Zone (by Meklord Emperor Granel's effect, for example) under any circumstances, even if by an effect say "Ignoring the Summoning Conditions". OK?
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: starlight road and stardust   starlight road and stardust EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 3:23 pm

Yes that was a compliment haha
Back to top Go down
Magicknight94

Magicknight94

PostSubject: Re: starlight road and stardust   starlight road and stardust EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 5:46 pm

j0hnb0i wrote:
Yes that was a compliment haha
OK, thanks Smile

In my local (Vietnam), "haha" mean point and laugh in my face. Hihi or hehe is better.
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: starlight road and stardust   starlight road and stardust EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 6:45 pm

oh! ok i never knew that i'm sorry =b

it's good to know hehe
Back to top Go down
The American

The American

PostSubject: Re: starlight road and stardust   starlight road and stardust EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 12:08 am

Synchro Monsters are Semi-NOMI monsters.

Meaning: They must be Special Summoned properly before you can Special Summon them with other card effects.

So Stardust Dragon cannot Special Summon from his own effect or by other cards =Monster Reborn/Call of the Haunted/etc. if used by Starlight Road.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: starlight road and stardust   starlight road and stardust Empty

Back to top Go down

starlight road and stardust
Page 1 of 1