Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDGA's forumotion review I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DGA's forumotion review

Go down 
+9
Shadow
Dukemon
The MNZ Satellite Cannon
SirFunchalot
Pufka
LegendaryFrost
TheRuler
Vongola-x
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

DGA's forumotion review Empty
PostSubject: DGA's forumotion review   DGA's forumotion review EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 6:36 am

Dueling Genesis Academy Review

DGA's forumotion review 1531umg
    I’ve browsed through your forum using latest versions of three most-used Internet browsers, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera, and haven’t found any major flaws or bugs, which is an important basis for every website/forum to start with. This is one of the forums which uses consistent colour pallete combined with contrast of colorful details, so stick to that when you create future layouts, too. I’m not very familiar with content and subject of your forum, but I can say that banners in the descriptions are stunning and attractive, as well as other graphic elements of the forum. Overall, I have quite good first impressions about your forum, keep up the good work.

DGA's forumotion review Jha2o5
    The header is a combination of simplicity and creativity, and it kind of resembles the essence, soul of the entire forum – monumental buildings it’s stability, powerful character it’s strength. Simple navigation bar is very well used because it is contrast to colorful header above it. As I said before, banners in description of the forums and subforums are extraordinary, but the thing I don’t like are buttons. It’s good that they’re simple, but the shadow/stroke around the text is too strong. Feel free to reduce it’s opacity. As for the portal, it’s capacity is well used, content is well organized, nothing to improve about it. Also, for the sake of design and usability of your forum, you should try to make a rule that will restrain users from using big signatures (they extend forum’s loading time, and sometimes annoy users because they have to scroll too much for reading last posts).
    In general, graphics are quite good, and if you improve these things I said, you’ll improve quality and usability of your forum, too.

DGA's forumotion review Ammb6

Quote :
    Our users have posted a total of 20713 messages
    We have 764 registered users
    Such a big number of registered users, well done! But post number is quite low considering how many members does your forum have (And almost ½ of it makes posts of Administrators). You can improve it by finding new affiliates and exchange advertisting banner with them so more interested members see it, register, and start posting. You can also make some competition with catchy prized that will attract new users. The good thing about your activity is that the posts are almost even in all of forums/subforums – that’s a sign that existing members involve themselves in posting on entire forum equally, they don’t concentrate on a few only.

DGA's forumotion review 21ke3b6
    I guess administrators of the forum are some kind of masters/rulers/kings of this Dueling Academy because there are 8 active ones. You surely agree that 8 admins for managing a forum is too many. If that’s some kind of Dueling organization, that’s okay. As for moderators, I can see only one, but considering number of admins, I guess his job doesn’t require that much of dedication. Other groups resemble game characters, so I won’t make any comment on them because I’m not familiar with this kind of forum topic. In general, if your forum requires this kind of organization, it’s fine. If, on the other hand, admins are there only because of managing technical aspects of the forum, you should exclude at least 4 of them from the group.

DGA's forumotion review 8xjx8n
    I am sure that I’ve run across a few dueling forums before, but I have never seen one as unique as this. It contains some personal touch so people can recognize it easily, and I am sure that it’s quite well organized and neatly administrated, because it gives off some kind of professionalism.
    In conclusion, keep up the good work, form an advertising team that will help you with promoting your forum, fix some minor things I mentioned before, and your forum will be improved.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you liked the review.

Last edited by Vongola-x on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: DGA's forumotion review   DGA's forumotion review EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 6:46 am

*thumbs up*
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: DGA's forumotion review   DGA's forumotion review EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 6:54 am

This is how we do it ^^
Back to top Go down
Pufka

Pufka

PostSubject: Re: DGA's forumotion review   DGA's forumotion review EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 7:11 am

gj guys
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: DGA's forumotion review   DGA's forumotion review EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 7:11 am

Maybe allowing Freshman members to post decks will help bring up activity and post counts >.>

If someone could honestly explain the logic to that decision I think that would be nice. I mean I understand you don't want new members to have complete access to everything, to give them some incentive towards moving up the dorm system, but I don't personally think denying them access to constructive criticism on deck ideas is necessarily the way to go. Personally I feel a restriction on competitions and tournaments is a more fitting hindrance to new members, since the prizes for those are certainly more valuable on the forum than help with a deck idea (which can only help them perform better in duels to hasten their acceptance in to the upper level dorms). I'm sure this would be well suited in the suggestions section of the site, but I felt that seeing as how the review mentioned the relative inactivity of members compared to administrators I felt this would be a modest way of at least improving things ever so slightly.

But congratulations on the solid review nonetheless! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pufka

Pufka

PostSubject: Re: DGA's forumotion review   DGA's forumotion review EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 7:29 am

but isn't it so what a lot off ppl only join to get their decks fixed and u never see them again?
Back to top Go down
The MNZ Satellite Cannon

The MNZ Satellite Cannon

PostSubject: Re: DGA's forumotion review   DGA's forumotion review EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 7:34 am

We RULEZ! XD

@Funch: Pufka is right.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: DGA's forumotion review   DGA's forumotion review EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 7:36 am

I think that's the original rational for the rule, but I was on a few duel academy's in the past and that was never really a huge problem. I mean the entire basis of this game is around deck composition and dueling, so why prevent new members from gaining assistance on one of the two core aspects of the game itself? It just doesn't make too much sense to me. Unless in the past new members coming and getting a deck fixed then going inactive was that huge of an issue I really can't see why the rule is a necessity.
Back to top Go down
Dukemon

Dukemon

PostSubject: Re: DGA's forumotion review   DGA's forumotion review EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 9:53 am

We needs more mods ._. herpderping
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/shane.weston

PostSubject: Re: DGA's forumotion review   DGA's forumotion review EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 7:20 pm

Yeah Alex, it wouldn't hurt to have a couple of other Mods to help clean some stuff up here and there.

Anyway, nice review. It's good to see DGA get the credit it deserves. Great job, everyone who made it awesome. =D
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
Shadow

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: DGA's forumotion review   DGA's forumotion review EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 10:04 pm

yay gratz guys, we're not done yet!
Back to top Go down
NinjaKiller

NinjaKiller

PostSubject: Re: DGA's forumotion review   DGA's forumotion review EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 4:09 am

Congrats =)
Back to top Go down
The Crocodile

The Crocodile

PostSubject: Re: DGA's forumotion review   DGA's forumotion review EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 8:57 am

Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
Exiled

Exiled

PostSubject: Re: DGA's forumotion review   DGA's forumotion review EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:30 pm

Go DGA!!
Back to top Go down
NoUserName
NoUserName

PostSubject: Re: DGA's forumotion review   DGA's forumotion review EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:43 am

Woot! i say we get a woot party started!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DGA's forumotion review   DGA's forumotion review Empty

Back to top Go down

DGA's forumotion review
Page 1 of 1