Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMaxx"C" VS Effect Veiler I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Maxx"C" VS Effect Veiler

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Princess Hyakka
OCG/Casual Deck Builder
Princess Hyakka

Maxx"C" VS Effect Veiler Empty
PostSubject: Maxx"C" VS Effect Veiler   Maxx"C" VS Effect Veiler EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:22 pm

IS MAXX"C" BETTER CAUSE NEGATE EFF or EFFECT VEILER CAUSE IT'S THE SAME BUT THAT IT CAN ALSO LEAD INTO SOME DEAD STRADIGEY?

well in this topic ill put an end to all this comotion and non-sense so where do i begin?

Over these past few of months we have seen the rise and fall of two cards: Effect Veiler and Maxx “C”. There was a point in time where we saw 2 Effect Veilers as a main deck staple.

So with the disappearance of Veiler this led to the rise of Maxx “C” to take its place. While asking around in my school,tounement's, and even ppl that are still newbs, I kept getting the same responses from all sorts of player stating that Maxx “C” is the better overall card compared to Effect Veiler.

So with this in mind, I have a request to ask of you guys,friends etc. I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions on this notion and whether you agree with it. so ill break it off with my comment FIRST mostly is the ADVANTAGE?

The Advantages of Both MAXX"C' n EFFECT

Maxx “C” and Effect Veiler throughout the stages of the game basically do the same thing and that is to disrupt your opponent’s plays and can force them stop whatever they’re doing. The difference in the two is that Maxx “C” allows a player to essentially break even or gain an early +1 in advantage but doesn’t force the opposing player stop in their tracks. On the other hand Effect Veiler is a -1, but stops the opposing player’s plays completely or can force them to burn cards in order to resolve their effect.

The One for One + Dandylion play in Plants is said to be one of the more explosive plays of the deck, but if a Maxx “C” was dropped on this, a player would be able to net a free +1 while forcing the opponent to ponder whether or not to give them another draw. This can be devastating because at the cost of one card it forces the opponent into the corner whereas Effect Veiler would be meaningless in this play.

Another play is the Debris Dragon targeting Dandylion play. A Maxx “C” either forces them to sit on 2 weak monsters or would net a player a +2. However Effect Veiler in this situation even at the cost of a -1 forces them to sit on a fairly weak monster.

Where Effect Veiler really shines though is that it has the ability to shut off the boss or big monster plays. Cards like Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning, Chaos Sorcerer, Caius the Shadow Monarch, or Trishula Dragon of the Ice Barrier if they resolve can be really devastating. Effect Veiler’s ability to shut off those plays gives it a big advantage over Maxx “C” in this aspect.

In my opinion the upside that Maxx “C” holds in comparison to Effect Veiler makes it a completely better card in the long run. Maxx “C” has the ability to force a player into the corner while almost single handedly giving a player the ability to come back into the game. During the early stages of the game a Maxx “C” drop can either net a player the advantage that they need in order to take control of the game then and there while an Effect Veiler in retrospect creates a stalemate in hopes that the player can gain advantage after that point.
Back to top Go down
RyuheiAoi

RyuheiAoi

PostSubject: Re: Maxx"C" VS Effect Veiler   Maxx"C" VS Effect Veiler EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:25 pm

Once more, you forget to Source your material. If you're not careful, you're going to get a lawsuit.

SOURCE: http://yugioh.tcgplayer.com/db/print.asp?ID=2711
Back to top Go down
Princess Hyakka
OCG/Casual Deck Builder
Princess Hyakka

PostSubject: Re: Maxx"C" VS Effect Veiler   Maxx"C" VS Effect Veiler EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:28 pm

lol thanks again Smile
credit SmileSmileWink
Back to top Go down
RyuheiAoi

RyuheiAoi

PostSubject: Re: Maxx"C" VS Effect Veiler   Maxx"C" VS Effect Veiler EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:39 pm

With all due respect, you're really bad at this, aren't you?
Back to top Go down
Princess Hyakka
OCG/Casual Deck Builder
Princess Hyakka

PostSubject: Re: Maxx"C" VS Effect Veiler   Maxx"C" VS Effect Veiler EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 4:07 pm

lol nope :0
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

PostSubject: Re: Maxx"C" VS Effect Veiler   Maxx"C" VS Effect Veiler EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 4:08 pm

So, you steal an article and dont even include the whole thing? I think i know who is winning spammer of the year Razz
Back to top Go down
Princess Hyakka
OCG/Casual Deck Builder
Princess Hyakka

PostSubject: Re: Maxx"C" VS Effect Veiler   Maxx"C" VS Effect Veiler EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 4:11 pm

lol im the best at what i do lol except the last topic i post about jurracs laval flamevell Smile
Back to top Go down
RyuheiAoi

RyuheiAoi

PostSubject: Re: Maxx"C" VS Effect Veiler   Maxx"C" VS Effect Veiler EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 4:17 pm

Quincy99 wrote:
So, you steal an article and dont even include the whole thing? I think i know who is winning spammer of the year Razz
More like, criminal of the year.
Back to top Go down
Princess Hyakka
OCG/Casual Deck Builder
Princess Hyakka

PostSubject: Re: Maxx"C" VS Effect Veiler   Maxx"C" VS Effect Veiler EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 4:18 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Maxx"C" VS Effect Veiler   Maxx"C" VS Effect Veiler EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:14 pm

Topic Locked

SpellCaster Gets a Warning for for spaming articles and try to get the credits over them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maxx"C" VS Effect Veiler   Maxx"C" VS Effect Veiler Empty

Back to top Go down

Maxx"C" VS Effect Veiler
Page 1 of 1