Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMaxx "C" Discussion I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Maxx "C" Discussion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Maxx "C" Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Maxx "C" Discussion   Maxx "C" Discussion EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:06 am

Maxx "C" Discussion MaxxCSTOR-EN-ScR-1E

I think we should all know this card by now. If not...what rock have you been hiding under? Lol. People are using this in decks everywhere, since this format is all about special summoning. Even basic moves like Tour Guide into Zenmaines can garner a +1 on par with Pot of Greed. With little backrow but monsters such as Gorz Trag and Fader being way more popular than last format, Maxx does it's job well even against otk heavy decks. But the question is: is it TOO broken? Does it have TOO much of an effect on special summoning and deck speed, such as Royal Oppression and Pot of Greed do? Or is it a perfectly balanced tool that prevents this format from plunging into the depths of chaos? Or is it something in between that perhaps should be semi'd/limited? Discuss Smile
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Maxx "C" Discussion   Maxx "C" Discussion EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:30 am

I think Maxx "C" is definitely a little too good. Basically if your opponent wants to make a push, if you have Maxx "C" you can pretty reliably stop whatever push they would make provided that push is incapable of winning the game, then, with your newfound resources, should your opponent not have a Maxx "C" or Battle Fader etc these new cards can probably give you a game win. Now granted, the fault is not entirely on Maxx "C", these OTK situations shouldn't be nearly as easy to attain as they are, but on the whole, I definitely think that Maxx "C" in a game almost totally based on the Special Summon mechanic has quite a bit too much power for it's own good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maxx "C" Discussion   Maxx "C" Discussion EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:08 am

I feel that Maxx "C" was another wakeup call for the game. In a game where OTKs run amuck and anything that can't is inconsistent, Maxx "C" is the mediator of the metagame. However, it's rarely a card that can just be thrown out at the slightest sight of extension. It has to be used at key moments, the two best examples being a situation where your opponent has an obligation to fulfill with their Summons (TGU > TGU > Zenmaines for instance), or a situation where the opponent might have to stop to prevent you from being too strong in a fragile spot. It adds a viable control element to the current era which I enjoy. However, as Funch stated, It is just a little too good, but then again, so is Destiny Draw. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Maxx "C" Discussion   Maxx "C" Discussion EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:11 am

Destiny Draw also isn't unlimited, and the best cards to discard for Destiny Draw are semi-limited and banned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maxx "C" Discussion   Maxx "C" Discussion EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:27 am

Exactly, and now that you mention it, that's probably what I love about Maxx "C". Unlike Spells that require specific discard costs but you'd activate ASAP, it requires you to affirm yourself with the situation, but at the cost of only the card itself.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Maxx "C" Discussion   Maxx "C" Discussion EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:06 am

Is good but will prolly only ever be semi-ed just cause at 3 there is a high chance that u will always get it and the fact that the draws are THE easiest way to gain advantage in most duels. Like I said prolly semi-ed at most cuz tbh it is kinda broken.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maxx "C" Discussion   Maxx "C" Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Maxx "C" Discussion
Page 1 of 1