Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMontreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! ) I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! )

Go down 
+2
LegendaryFrost
Scorpion67
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! ) Empty
PostSubject: Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! )   Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! ) EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 2:41 pm

I Will arrange this article soon, this is the beta version But I had to post it because I am taking too much time. I will make some updates to the format review and upload the pictures very soon guys Wink

MONTREAL REGIONALS REPORT BY SCORPION67

Well we got at the regios pretty early in the morning, it was like 9 AM and I was already half drunk XD. Even if we get there early there was already 40 people inside the Sehraton's Hotel Reception center where the tournament was hold. we all registered for it and started messing aroundf with the rest of the montreal crew until someone yelled '' AND HERE COMES THE CHAMP !!!! '' Nicky lacaille entered the place and receive a proper Standing Ovation with love from all the local players for his results on the YCS charlotte ( 2nd Place ) and he made an exibition duel against another local player ( no it wasn't me you fools XD ) an hour later we reached 108 Players and the tourbnament Started

7 Rounds , Top 8 ( top 16 gets invites cuz we were more than 100 players ) I entered the regionals with Machina Karakuri and here are the resume of my matches :

1st Match : VS Chaos Plants ( Note : This guys Toped Nationals Last Year )
Hw won the dice roll so he decided to start. He sets a card and 1 backrow and ended his turn. I opened with E-Tele port, Trunade, Haipa, MST, POD and Dark Hole. I started activating duality and added Solemn Warning to my hand. Sumoned Haipa and attackes the FD monster. He fliped up rykodestorying haipa and m,illing 3 cards ( dont really remember what it was. I seted MST and Ended my turn. on his turn he activated MST from his hand ( he was sure he was targeting Warning ) and I chained my mst on his backrow and he sended his mirror force to the graveyard. He set a monster and end his turn. On my turn, I drew E-Tele but didnt wanted to explose already, I couldnt game him so I basicly switched Haipa to attack position again and attack his FD monster wich was a bulb. I seted Warning and ended my turn.On his turn he sumoned Debris dragon trying to baith my warning but it didnt worked. He special sumoned ryko and synchro for Iron chain, He destroyed haipa and ended his turn. On my turn I drew on Grear Frame and sumoned it searching for fortress and ended the turn. on his turn he attacked gearframe and i Milled the 2nd MST, Solemn Judgement, and machina fortress. he seted a monster and ended his turn. I drew on karakuri soldier that turn. I Started Acgtivating Dark Hole destroying Iron Chain and Ryko, and Sumoned Karakuri soldier dealing my 1st 1400 damage and ended my turn. I had so much advantage at that point that he took some time for his turn and decided to set a backrow and end his turn. on my turn I drew into gearframe. Started activating Giant trunade and he solemned it. The I Activated E-Teleport and I synchro for Karakuri Burei and he activated veiler ( but instinctively, I Knew he had a warning so I baited it again. I sumoned bulb and I Synchro for Karakuri Bureido so he had no more choice than waring it or it was game. So at that point his life points were VERY LOW and I discarded machina fortress and gearframe for my hand to sp sumon gearframe and Attack for Game.

( I just realised that this will take too long if I explain every move so I will just explain the crucious moments now XD )

I lost round 2 pretty quick, started with a Chity hand and he solemned my Gozen Match and I had a spell hand so he won in 3 turns

I dont remeber how round 3 startted but at the 3rd round I had Karakuri Bureido on the field with a Machina Fortress and gozen match and trap stun as backrow in facedown position. he sp sumoned Cydra from his hand and I chained Gozen Match to the sumon, He was in a pretty bad position there and he had to activate dark hole. and then he activated foolish burial sending dandy to the grave and sumoning bulb from his hand and made 2 formula the same turn and Ended his turn ( LITLE NOTE HERE, NEVER LEAVE 2 WAEK MONSTER ON THE FIELD EVEN IF THEY ARE IN DEF AGAINST A KARAKURI DECK ) he leaved those 2 formulas on the field and ended his turn with no backrow. I topdecked into reborn and had Instant Fusion, Strategist and Limiter in Hand. I sumoned the strategist changing formula synchron into attack position, activated Instan Fusion and synchro for Bureido. Bureido Special sumoned a Strategist again changing the battle poistion of the other formula and using reborn for cybersaurus against and synchro for aonther bureido wich sp sumons the Ninja this time. Attacked with the whole crew using Limiter and ende dthe duel. His hand was Gorz and Chaos Sorcer.

2nd Match VS FLAME SWORN ( Ze Biggest Sacker Ever )

Well this guy is the biggest sacker I see in my whole life. He started with 2 Solar Recharge he milled 2 wulfs, 1 PSZ and BOM. then he activated charge and went for a Lyla and ended his turn. Well don remember the whole duel but he won cuz he sack has no end. I manage to win round 2 wining the mind games and I had to call the judge twice cuz he was stalling the duel taking 5 mins for each turn. the round 3 was very something. This guy is jessus man he is incredible, he sacks more than Yugi, Jaden and Yusei combined. He started with double solar recharge again and milled 1 fire dog, 1 wulf, 1 magician and Bulb ( I'M not even LYING !!!!! ) he setted his backrow and ended his turn ( he had heavybackrow ). I had a descent hand but decided to just set the soldier and trap stun and end the turn. on his turn he played very conservative and decided to just attack so i Sp sumoned Karakuri kuik with the soldier, he seted a 5th backrow and ended. On my trun I started with Trad stun and Activated E-Teleport ( I had the strategist in hand in case my plan failed ) and I bringed comander to the field, he didnt had BOM soI went for a B rose and blowed everything. The sumoned gearframe going for fortress and attacks. I puted so much pressure on him that he wasted his hole hand ( but he managed to mill a lot tho. I lefted him with 1200 LP's and had 3 monsters on the field and MF, MST facedown and Crow in hand ( he had only 2 flams on the grave so even if he topdecked rekindeling I would have won. But no, he is too much of a sacker to top deck rekindeling. Jesus had to top deck JD !!! and he won cuz I had 2700 LP's

Round 3 VS Six Samurais ( not a bad matchup for Karakuri's)

My opponent drew a crapy 1st hand And I had an OTK hand and I Know sams dont play gorz so I FTK him ( CUZ I NEVER WON 1 damn DICE ROLL )
Round 2 was pretty much the same, He didnt had gateway and I Manage to take out is Shi-En Easily and when he tried to come back I stoped him with gozen match so I slowed him down enough to take the match with no big Trouble.

Round 4 VS Mirror Match

Well I was prepare for this matchup so let me explains the match
We both tried to explose as fast a possible on round 1 but I Managed to stop his attemp with veiler and then I exploded and took the duel
and in the seound duel, Electric Virus FTW ! I FFFFTTTTKKKK'EEEDDDD

Well till then everything was cool I was 3-1 and on the top talbes. I was on the top tables since the tournament started and then I Met my friend on the Round 5

Round 5 VS X Sabers

This matchup is verry hard for karakuri's because gozen match dont hurt them and sabers goes pretty andti meta on round 2. So I won 1st round with no trouble cuz karakuri's are in some way faster than X sabers. the round 2 was a different story tho. There is when I saw those Sabers hole and Dark Bribes for the 1st time. He manage to counter me pretty well and exploded after a trunade to game me. Round 3 was on my favor until the judge called Time. It was my turn and I activated trunade, he was thinking for like 2 minutes and at the end he let the trunade pass. I had soldier on the field and sumoned saizan going for a bureido and sp sumoned a haipa. He had 4200 LP's left, I had 6600 and he had no monsters on the field but he didnt scooped ! I was about to go for game and usualy when I do that He offers the hand shake but he was still waiting for osmething and then I had a flasback of us talking at locals about fader is good in this format. I told him if you have fader show it now or its game. He smiled and tell me to proceed cuz the judge was there counting the turns. I attacked and he sumoned fader. I seted my MST and Solemn Judgement and ended my turn with no cards in hand. On hist turn he activated POD and take taked fossil Dyna. he seted a monster and ended. now it was the 2nd turn and I drew on BOM. I didnt attacked and ended my turn. on his turn he fliped Dyna and forced my solemn judgement. He seted a monster and ended. I was on my last turn and attacked on a emersblade so I scooped.

round 6 Versus Six Sams

Well there is nothing to tell you about this. this is disapointing. I drew crappy during the round 1 and 2 and still manage to win the round 2 with skills. Now the round 3 is another story. He started with gateway and 2 six sams united and overswarm so the field was Shie-En + Kizan + Mizuoh at the end. He ended his turn with no backrow ( USUALY I can deak easily with this situations ) now let me tell you what was my had ( Bulb, Psychic Commandant, Mind Master, E-Tele and I Drew on Veiler ) I signed Drop on the paper and went to drink a beer at the bar of the hotel were the tournament was hosted

So yeah thats basicly what hapend that day. I had a good score until the end of the round 5. Cant blame My opponents for sacking cuz I sacked too on some rounds. Sack and Crappy draws are part of the game too so....

format Review

Well Now I will Make you a tier List of the current format and Explain why those decks are good or bad

GOD TIER :

GraveKeepers : They prooved that they really are the titans of the format. They alomost didnt got hitted by the balist because royal tribute dont hurts the consistancy of the deck. Duality and Recruiter are the key cards of that deck. Until they wont hit the recruiter. Gravekeeper will still at the top of this game. The deck is fast, consistent and stuning.

Tier 1 : ( this decks can Win a YCS )

Six Sams : the lost of 2 gateways was a joke to this deck. the deck run few monsters ( they dont get hited that much by the top deck that are GK'S) they have lot of speed and if they start the duel you better have big beaters cuz if you dont you lose the game. Thats how the deck works and gateway or not Gateway, they have too much searching cards for any deck to overswarm them 1st turn.

Fish OTK : Nicky Lacaille Prooved My point and the point of all the Montreal Players. Fish OTK is one of the most dangerous decks to go against and unlike monarchs, they dont fear the mass side on round 2 and 3. Thats what Malevolent catastrophe is for. Destroy those skill drains and D fissures and OTK next turn. The deck is very consisten and can FTK very easily .Thats howe people lose to this deck.

X-Sabers. This deck was the only deck on the last format that could OTK EASILY. Now that we entered a otk format, its obvious that sabers are still in the game but sabers have a particular thing that makes them very consistent. the ability to go all anti meta on round 2. The deck uses anti meta techs like fosil dyna, dark bribes, sabers hole Wich counters almost every of your moves and they gain hand advantage over you pretty easily with darksouls and Explose when their ready. Thats the most versatile deck IMO

Tier 1.5 ( these decks can win regios and top YCS )

Formula Monarchs : This deck have one good point. He almost always wins round 1. Why ? he is the hardest matchup of almost all the best decks around. The only problem of this deck is that players always mass side against them wich makes them vulnerable on round 2 and 3. But a good player is prepare for anything Wink ( note that they can go antim eta very easily on round 2 so thats why they are in tier 1.5 for me )

Karakuri : the reson Karakuri is here is because of the speed of the deck, This deck can out speed Six samurais and Sabers, The deck just need the new backup they will have on the next set to be as consistent that the other top decks are. they are the surprise of the format Wink

Miracle Gemini : Anoying deck. stuns almost all the decks on top of him and one of the most hardest matchups for all the decks. they are pretty anti-Meta and they have good speed.

tier 2 ( this decks can win locals and do good at regios )

Chaos Plants
Scraps
GB's
Infernities
Machina Gadgets

The rest of the decks that Cant OTK are listed here. Why ? this format is too fast for those decks, they have good control and can win games if the duel go further than round 12 but that hapens rarely in this format. the format is all about speed and if your deck cant OTK, it will fail at some point Unless your deck is anti-meta. Anti Meta decks are the only decks that can do good in this format without having an OTK setup. These are the facts guys, Look at the decks at the top of the list and you will understand. the format is all about consitant speed

Well hope you liked it. I have regios in 1 month again Smile I will go with Miracle Gemini, Fish OTK or Gravekeepers this time so I wont get sacked again Wink. Until then Cya guys
ths pictures will be uploaded soon Wink

Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! ) Dsc01310

Quote :
Here is Nicky Lacaille Showing his Dark Lord Play Set Price 1 Week after his YCS Finals Duel ! FISH OTK FTW !!!!

Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! ) Dsc01311

Code:
This is how fukl the place gets, and thats only 1 hours be fore the tournament started. We reached 108 People. The place was PACTED !!!!! and Pacted of only good players ! and some sackers :P

Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! ) Dsc01312

Quote :
This is Andrew ( on the left ) And Nica ( on the right ) Chilling around.

Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! ) Dsc01313

Code:
This is Nica raping GK's with Drags ! Put attention on the field. the is a TKR and a Recruiter on the field ! That guy try to do recruiters effect later on the game while TKR was still there -.- Desperate men do Desperate things XD

Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! ) Dsc01315

Thats me !!! As you can see at that time I was still at the top tables. Table 11 in a 54 tables place is a good score and that was after I got sackedby Jesus Razz but meh, you cant always win Sad

Last edited by Scorpion67 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:50 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! )   Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! ) EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 3:55 am

Nice work Scorp, Jesus sacked the hell outta you though!!!! Great article still, hurry up and upload the pics
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! )   Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! ) EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 5:23 pm

LOL Thx Frosteh ! There is now way you can win when your opponent is Jesus XD

About the pics, I'm still waitning for Nica to send them to my E-Mail Razz
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! )   Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! ) EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 8:27 pm

i'm judging at my next regional so i guess i'll let you guys know how that goes haha
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! )   Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! ) EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:41 am

I could have sworn I already commented on this o_o. Anyway, thanks for the report Scorp! It's a nice overview of the format, too bad you got sacked xD. Looking forward to the pictures. One thing though, Chaos Plants are totally 1.5 Razz.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! )   Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! ) EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 6:05 am

@John : Yeah Write about it Smile

@Harper : Next time I Will be the one Sacking With Miracle Beat or Fishies !!! I will probably be uploading the pics Tomorow if Nica dont forget to send them to me tonight. And about chaos plants !!! Sack decks dont deserve 1.5 XD nah lets be serious. the deck is not fast enough Yet. Yes they can win when they pull out chaos sorcerer but they need more speed. I'm pretty sure someone wil find a way to make it 1.5 soon. I will update the format next month tho Wink
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! )   Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! ) EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 1:27 pm

the regionals here usually go up to almost 300 people haha
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! )   Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! ) EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 1:34 pm

Wow that place is big, must be fun to go to a tournament like that.
@John: 300 people, the body heat there would be to much Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! )   Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! ) EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 1:35 pm

YEAH I know cuz your cities are bigger Sad Wish I could go to USa for regios more often !
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

PostSubject: Re: Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! )   Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! ) EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 6:35 pm

The U.S in general is ok, but I wouldn't mind living in Canada either,lol.

Nice little round up there scorp; and also im sorry you had to run into Jesus<--are you allowed to hate jesus?,lol..

I would agree with the OTK format though, but then again..thats kinda been the case for awhile now..seems most decks that can't pump out combo's or monsters quickly..only last a few turns before there burnt out and lose the match..
Back to top Go down
nica89

nica89

PostSubject: Re: Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! )   Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! ) EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 10:13 pm

Because all sackewr play graveekeepr i hate that deck and most anooyinh for me all gravekeeper duelist are noobs because they have no bad matchups except for Darkworld or fables.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! )   Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! ) EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 1:43 am

Thats some gravekeeper hate right there XD
And dont say there all noobs cuz there not, your just hating Razz Michel is a noob but thats not only cuz he plays keepers, he is just noob Razz

@Distar : When the lybrarian will be out, that will change the format ( even RUIN THE FORMAT ) in a drastic way. I dont know if keepers will still be the top, I doubt that. Chaos plants will probably take the god tier spot or a flamvell variant. Fishs gona have an FTK pretty soon too so that will change influence in the tierl list too. I will update that tier list next month if I see some changes in the meta cuz extreme victory is full of tricky cards Smile
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! )   Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! ) EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 4:33 am

Hehe if you think you know some noobs playing gravekeepers you should play some people at a noob tournament near me haha. You know how gk are usually the worst matchup ever for plants? That was te easiest match I've ever played xD. Gravekeepers does take some skill to play though Nica so don't hate xD. +1 ti scorp for saying Chaos Plants will be god tier Very Happy. Kewl pictures btw
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

PostSubject: Re: Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! )   Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! ) EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 8:18 am

I think Junk + doppel will be 1st tier..not neccesarely chaos plants in itself; as its just convienent that junk + doppel = Librarian and Junk + Ryko = Frozen Fitzgerald. The only issue I have with Chaos plants is its too random....milling makes the deck more luck based than strategic..as you can't plan what you will mill.

For me I'm drifting towards Nordics as their the Alter to plants IMO and run faster and more consistantly without relying on milling to hope you get what you need in the grave. I'm also waiting for Mara of the Nordic Alfar In Extreme Victory ( Welcome Loki finally.. )
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! )   Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! ) EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 12:57 pm

Told ya nordics monarchs where so GODLY ! + 1 for me for saying that .... oh I cant XD<
Nica Sacked Odin and thor Today in his packs so We will build the deck and we have 3 Dualities now
Dualities FTW !!! XD
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! )   Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! ) EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 1:13 pm

I'm trying normal Nordics and loving them. what are these Nordic Monarchs you keep talking about? Normal Nordics with some teched Caius? Post a build Razz
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! )   Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! ) EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 1:52 pm

its the same nordic engine with 3 caius and 3 raizan and the forg engine !
the asshole dont want to reveal his buils so I guess I will make one myself and post it. I will do that article with jalice if he accepts to help me !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! )   Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! ) Empty

Back to top Go down

Montreal Regionals Report ! ( PICTURES UPLOADED ! )
Page 1 of 1