Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeNorcross Regionals Top 48 Summary (NOT A REPORT) I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Norcross Regionals Top 48 Summary (NOT A REPORT)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
{TP} Simply Logic

{TP} Simply Logic

Norcross Regionals Top 48 Summary (NOT A REPORT) Empty
PostSubject: Norcross Regionals Top 48 Summary (NOT A REPORT)   Norcross Regionals Top 48 Summary (NOT A REPORT) EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 5:35 pm

Norcross Regionals is known to be very competitive with duelist like Patrick Hoban, Desmond Johnson, Brandon Wigley and the Leverett Brothers. This was my first regional and i took Geargia.

Round 1:
Geargia vs Geargia
I lose the dice roll
I win 2-0
Matches: 1-0
Games: 2-0
I opened double blackhorn game 1 with no monsters.I grind it out with my traps and draw  geargiagear. Game 2 i had the mind control for his geargiarmor.

Round 2:
I win the dice roll
Geargia vs Dark World
I win 2-1
Matches: 2-0
Games: 4-1
Game 1 he opened double skill drain but im so far ahead in advantage since i opened geargiarmor and geargiagear. Game 2 he opened skill drain, i wiretap the first but he has a 2nd again. i proceed to lose. game 3 i get in there, I also believe i open some floodgates.
Round 3:
Geargia vs Prophecy
I lose the dice roll
I win 2-0
Matches: 3-0
Games: 6-1
Both games he bricks pretty bad. He was running some weird world build with some other 5+ star prophecy monsters.

Round 4:
I win the Dice roll
Geargia vs Geargia
I lose 2-0
Matches: 3-1
Games: 6-3
Game 1 he excitoned me on his turn after i opened geargiaarmor plus 2 gear gigants this game takes like 30 minutes and i run out of monsters. Game 2 he topped decked that soul charge and came back.

Round 5:
Geargia vs Geargia
I lose the dice roll
I lose 2-1
Matches: 3-2
Games: 7-5
I really considered dropping right here because i originally came for the mat, but i didn't have my invite so i continued to grind.

Round 6:
Geargia vs Weird.dek (Artifact, Chain Beat, Hands, Black Garden Glob.)
I lose the Dice Roll
I win 2-0
Matches: 4-2
Games 9-5
Game 1 is pretty fuzzy, as i am writing this summary almost a week after it happened,  i forced excitons eff through his backrow with wiretap and just out grinded him after. Game 2 i got over his rabbit and he wasnt able to draw into any other monsters. I remember him maining banisher of the radiance, artifacts and the hands

Round 8:
Geargia vs Dragon Rulers
I lose the dice roll
I lose 2-1
Matches:5-3
Games: 10-7
Game 1 he opened draw power plus soul charge and ended with felgrand plus backrow,which is hard for geargia to get over. I opened 3 accelerators and more monsters, he stops my plays so i concede. Game2 was fuzzy but i won. Game 3 i open decent with macro geargiagear and needle ceiling to get over his crazy field. I am forced to use geargiagear to make needle ceiling live, i eventually am able to go off and i bring him down to 1400 lp. i went into berserk to banish his last remaining dragon rulers (since the turn b4 he got my macro off the field). On summon of my berserk he activates xyz universe i solemn it. he activates a 2nd xyz universe and goes into felgrand. i lose since i was at 1200 lp and he negated my armors eff with felgrand.

Round 7:
Geargia vs Bujins
I win 2-0 (technically 2-1)
Matches 5-2
I show up right when the judge is about dq me since i was late. i get a game 1 loss. Guy has the same name as me which is pretty weird since my name is considered to be a girls name ( spelled the same way too, every boy i met with the name Cary is spelled the same.)
Round 9:
Geargia vs Madolche
I lose the dice roll
I win 2-0
Matches 6-3
Game 1 i remember using exciton on his field of ticke, madolche monsters and chateau. Game 2 i remember grinding him out until i drew rivalry.

I ended up getting 39th place. Eventhough i was expecting to get top 8, i guess 39th isn't too bad for my first regional.My only real loss was against a sacky dragon ruler player, as the geargia mirror is really bad and the reason i might be cutting the deck if i got to nats.there were 310 people at the event so the cut for invites was top 48. Pat Hoban ended up getting 2nd with lightsworn rulers (if you guys were wondering where the hype came from). 2 other weird decks that topped were scraps and gishki hieratics.

The dragon ruler player i loss too ended up getting 21st, the geargia players i lost to got 11th and 23rd.
Here is my decklist
https://i.imgur.com/Jyxv5oj.png

The rankings you can see me at 39th
https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/18/89/77/68/19594712.jpg
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

PostSubject: Re: Norcross Regionals Top 48 Summary (NOT A REPORT)   Norcross Regionals Top 48 Summary (NOT A REPORT) EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 8:38 pm

GJ man. I came to the conclusion that Geargia was better than Dolche, but yeah the mirror is meh so idk.
Back to top Go down
{TP} Simply Logic

{TP} Simply Logic

PostSubject: Re: Norcross Regionals Top 48 Summary (NOT A REPORT)   Norcross Regionals Top 48 Summary (NOT A REPORT) EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 4:10 pm

Just realized korey mcduffie and deon akridge were at the event too. deon got 34th and korey got 26th its on the list. i saw the kid who got 2nd at the dragon duel brandon bird. he must have dropped though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Norcross Regionals Top 48 Summary (NOT A REPORT)   Norcross Regionals Top 48 Summary (NOT A REPORT) Empty

Back to top Go down

Norcross Regionals Top 48 Summary (NOT A REPORT)
Page 1 of 1