Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeYEY is March 1 this can only mean 2 things  I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

YEY is March 1 this can only mean 2 things

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

YEY is March 1 this can only mean 2 things  Empty
PostSubject: YEY is March 1 this can only mean 2 things    YEY is March 1 this can only mean 2 things  EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:30 am

yeah!!!! march the 1 is official since 6 hours ago well and 28 minutes

So this is gonna probably my first article and im covering my thoughts and opinions on the biggest event starting right now THE BAN LIST !!!!!

yeah a banlist is meaning of several things and the one a lot of people is always concern off is my deck dead???
every single banlist makes a deck shine or fall every format we have seen over the ages , Monarch formats , DAD Return Formats, DDT, Gladiators, Lightsworns , TeleDAD, Sabers , Blackwings well not specifically in that order but hey dont complaint

ok so lets go to what i think about this
lets start with our now FORBBIDEN!!!! uhhh i like that word yeah the Forbbiden list

1 place Goyo Guardian is Shot to Hell... this is not that much of a bad thing because goyo is a lv 6 so really easy to synchro summon u basically just needed a Blackwing Blizzard yeah just top deck blizzard. 2800 beater get over stardust and well who am i fooling , this sucks!!! goyo is cool!!!! and was gonna finally got one of my own , cuz mine is just a friends spare one

2 Mass Driver.. this is one of the reasons a lot of the OTK decks exist of the first place , so basically konami is just fixing a problem that has been ever since
and nooo , dont start Substitoad can comeback cuz its not just the otk they would need to ban fishborg imo for substitoad to comeback. but with this card out of the map is a possibility for other cards to someday to comeback

3 Cold Wave... OMG why would they ban this??? ... yes it was sarcasm .. the only thing that kinda concerns me is that even now we have a lot of Backrow like literally most of the decks are using a low Monster count to be able to counter the heavy backrows that we are facing right now

now going to the limited , handicap list

1 and 2 Honest and Kalut ... this is basically the same card so lets start , so Blackwing had already a couple of Formats under their Feathers , so Kalut is a big Hit they are doing the same thing , lightsworn and Glads suffer , yeah , start eating your poison BW. and Honest well is the light version of it so it was kinda fair but who plays Lightsworns anyway , maybe the Light Beat players are now like WTF!!!! why!!! Scorp this is not personal but.. to light beat players ... GET A PERSONALITY is a boring deck dont even deserve to be played o cmon i get hand advantage i win , u negate my stratos ... i lose OMG

3 Dandylion - they have to slowdown Quickdraw, Plants, Debris Hime .. wow did i just said 3 decks severely affected by this?? omg i did .... yes thats why , splashable token summoner , 3 atks disable just because of a single card , and who has not suffer the 1 turn Shotting Star Dragon because of this lovely plant .... im gonna miss him a lot!!! putting him for sale lol. and btw no!!! please dont tell me why not limit lonefire instead? you can still Tytanial , spore , glow up blub why not lonefire ... BECAUSE IT DOESNT MATTER anyone can take on a Tytanial, but Dandylion is simply broken.

4 Book of Moon - Stops Synchros , inhibits tunners , can be Seven tools or royal decree . can be played from my field , can be played from my hand , can be played in my opponents turn, i can Recycle Flip effects , stop atks kinda too good for every deck , kinda sucks that limits to 1 but i mean really reasonable ... i had bought 3 Duel Terminal book of moons .... i just lost money

5 Gateway of the Six Samurai - Well i didnt like this cuz Six Samurai have been here for the longest time and i think they deserve a format under their kimonos or armor whatever. we have to admit it after an impressive performance on the YCS Dallas they had to do something

Semi Restricted
this is a list that just is kinda annoying but not really an obstacle just make u learn not to abuse a card

1 Card Trooper . well anyone remembers the old combo with MAchine Duplication . well dont even think about it, why letting trooper comeback? well it helps plants, karakury, machinas , Blackwing , Scraps , but mm even with that stats after the first turn , opponent could just Shura him , GB him and tag, Scrap to dragon, and with chimeratech fortress dragon out and cyber dragon to a common, this Card is kinda not that much of a big deal and 1900 atk beater for a single turn is not very very impressive

2 Archlord Krystia - kinda mix feeling about it cuz well from secret to rare to a common on the new structure lol. Well i dont know if u have seen the ocg format, Samurais, Blackwings , and this Fairy hyperion deck , so they slow down samurais , semi killed , blackwings lets put a fork in the butt of the other big Deck around so lets put krystia to 2

3 Spirit Reaper - good but not as good as it used to be , cuz yeah is a staller , but well it good for a turn yeah what u heard is good for a turn , six sams , have hand and mizuho , GB has murmillo and gyzarus , GK have descendant and Assailant even the last one can destroy both of them and still atk directly , yeah is good and the ability to make opponent discard a card is awesome but its not what it used to be so is balance

4 Debris Dragon - cmon to be honest was great in plants , used in Sabers , and a lot of other rogue decks , so a card that is viable in a lot of different decks and still be broken must be and will be Stop .. yeah thats konamis job

5 Royal tribute - well im kinda surprised of this because in ocg they dont have the recruiter so GK dont do the same job over there so the ocg players are no oponing their eyes saying hey WTF?
cuz well remember we used to have 3 charge of light brigade, and a lightsworn format becuse of the tcg exclusive then X SABERS , crap then got a Dark Soul ... omg welcome to sabers big format
so my question is is ocg even aware of why they did this and also if thanks to tcg exclusives had made top tier and dominant decks why not give that opportunity to Gravekeepers they have been around for even a longer time than sams and they are proudly going 1 on 1

6 Overload fusion - ok so what are they making us think , they want OTKS?? like machina otk??? cuz well lets see i use future fusion , set solem jusgement , warning , forbidden lance and lets wait ... i dont think this was really reasonable

7 Megamorph - this was not doing anything. lets see if at two is gonna do something now that we pay , warning , judgement , seven tools ,and even using upstart goblin as a card engine lets see what happens

8 Solem Warning - this is good and kinda balanced not big complaints

9 - icarus attack - ok so please tell me they dont really wanted to kill one deck .. i wonder wich one is that deck

UNLIMITED. the they not a big deal anymore list

1- Chaos Sorcerer - i have to give or should i said take off some credit to this card from being Forbidden , restricted , semi limited to completly unrestricted. ok so 2300 ss monster , well synchros are done the sameway and are bigger and stronger , technically good but not as abusable as it used to be at least at two it havent done much.. at 3 well whats the bid difference?

2- Snipe Hunter.. so you cant negate him with Stardust .. so?? just Discard your card and roll the dice lets see if you are not 2/6 unlucky today

3 - Demise king of Armageddon - so this card back and 2 megamorph so we have a budget otk that can be stopped really easily good thing is we are gonna start seeing this card at locals with THIS IS SO BROKEN CAN BELEAVE IS UNLIMITED ... so how do i summon DOOM DOZER?

4 Dewlorian king tiger of the ice barrier did i write that as it should be? - well it was semi limited , because of an otk ? really somebody remebers that otk??? i dont , lets ask konami do u remember it?
Konami: naaa i dont remember it so i dont think it really worked at all so nahhh take it back. try to do it maybe i will remember it and put him back at two...
yeah like if that really gonna happen

5 Gold Sarcophagus - Why not if u start with 3 and activate them all now u are instantly - 3 againts your opponent DAMN you are smart hey but after those 3 turns u will have a really broken hand ... at least i hope so just try to avoid being warning , and mst and judgement and everything your opponent have been saving for those 3 exposed cards that you showed them ....

6 Skill Drain - why until now?? i mean i used two of this babies to top regionals last year with blackwings, but now is kinda well lets see we use low monster count so ... self explanatory dont u think , and we are paying for everything right now so yeah sure i want to lose another 1k life points ... balanced

7 Ultimate offering - this is kinda funny cuz hopufully machnas will use fortress we will Solem Warning, do down to 6000 and opponent flip this baby pay 2k like we just did and summon 5 gadgets for game lol!!!!

well i think is an interesting format

thanks to this ban list this are my predictions

tier 1
Legendary six sams - not dramatically hit ( my money are on them )
X Sabers - not hit at all .. no cold wave does not count
Frog Monarch - not hit at all

deck getting more decent
Glads yeahhh this babies are getting back on track
Gravekeepers i like this guys really good if they get their combo running , shame they hit the best card of their combo
Machina Gadgets - hopefully the BOM wont get them that hard and the semi limiting solem warning make their engine lets stoppable
Scraps not hit at all and they kinda good and are getting decent support

deck that got worse because of the list
Blackwings now im happy i sold them on time
Debris hime , plants , etc version of it

and decks shoulnt be played at all
Light beat is a boring deck ok ok OK!!!! damn it

Well as always this is nero directly from the Lone Star State saying if you are not with the LWO then let me show u the door

nero out

Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: YEY is March 1 this can only mean 2 things    YEY is March 1 this can only mean 2 things  EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:32 am

Nice work man, and I am also a fellow Light Beat hater -.-
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: YEY is March 1 this can only mean 2 things    YEY is March 1 this can only mean 2 things  EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 1:31 pm

Frost .... u Are AWESOME
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: YEY is March 1 this can only mean 2 things    YEY is March 1 this can only mean 2 things  EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 3:31 am

Thnx and I gotta say thnx, from this article i got that my X-sabers won't be hurt[YES!!!] and my QD won't be too affected.
Back to top Go down
SabreW

SabreW

PostSubject: Re: YEY is March 1 this can only mean 2 things    YEY is March 1 this can only mean 2 things  EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 9:02 am

Nice list Nero, though I gotta say that it sucks they hit Gravekeepers. and just when I finally got my 3rd Royal Tribute last week... -.-

On another note, I'm wondering when KC and all the other duel systems will get off their butts and update the systems for this list...
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: YEY is March 1 this can only mean 2 things    YEY is March 1 this can only mean 2 things  EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 8:50 pm

thanks for the post ,
about ur comment , yeah i really wish they will update STOR on kcvds but they still havent finish updating STBL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YEY is March 1 this can only mean 2 things    YEY is March 1 this can only mean 2 things  Empty

Back to top Go down

YEY is March 1 this can only mean 2 things
Page 1 of 1