Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeA Few Things I Need Help With I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Few Things I Need Help With

Go down 
+6
Tino The Sinner
darkness evil
BliTz
Scorpion67
Harper7000
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

A Few Things I Need Help With Empty
PostSubject: A Few Things I Need Help With   A Few Things I Need Help With EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 6:24 am

Hey guys Smile. This post is here for two reasons: I need help with my side deck, and I have a few questions about the cards in there so I don't look like a noob for using my own cards wrong xD.

2x Debunk
2x Light-Imprisoning Mirror
2x Leeching The Light
2x D.D. Crow
2x Mind Crush
2x Dust Tornado
2x Cyber Dragon
1x Chimeratech Fortress Dragon

I'm using Tengu Tour Plants btw, and I have 2 Thunder Kings, 3 mst, and 2 Call mained. Now tbh, my Agent matchup isn't all that bad, even in game 1. So 4 cards SOLELY for Agents seems a little much. Well, I suppose they can be used against LS too, but who cares about LS xD. They're just a sacky deck. Dust Tornadoes are solely for control decks with lots of backrow, and I figure if I constantly hit their backrow, what do they have left? They have Starlight, but Dust isn't going to trigger that. I may take them out or drop it to 1 though. I would like to fit:
Nobleman of Crossout
Smashing Ground
Chain Disappearance
Fiendish Chain
Battle Fader

Nobleman would be for GK, which is still viable and an annoying matchup for Plants. It's also good against Nordics, which may see play since they finally topped (I'm happy for them ^_^). Hitting white goat, black goat, hamster, and ryko all hurt. Smashing is just a good card in a spell heavy format, and particularly good against control. Perhaps better than Dust. Chain Disappearance is for Plants mainly, which are still good, km just not sure bc Samurai suck now. Fiendish Chain stops everything pretty much. I don't even care if it gets mst's later. It stops Tour Guide, BLS, allows me to special with Kristya up, blocks attacks...many many uses. Battle Fader bc I'm tired of getting otk'd, usually by Karakuri. 
Idk what to take out for any of them though. Ideas? Ideas for other better cards to side?

The questions I have are about Debunk. I'm just unsure what all it negates. Does it negate inherent special summons from the hand, like Master Hyperion, Cyber Dragon, etc? Because it IS by their effect...but I'm not sure if it counts. If it does, I think I may just bump it up to 3 and forget Mirror and Leeching. Bb Hyperion, Kristya, Honest, Herald, Gorz, Tragoedia, and Birdman. I'm also a little unsure how it works in the Plant mirror. I hear that people use it to negate Spore and Bulb (or Zephyrus). But since their effect was negated, does it really count as the effect being activated once per duel? If not, they could just activate it again and I wasted a card. 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Few Things I Need Help With   A Few Things I Need Help With EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 6:39 am

Harper7000 wrote:

The questions I have are about Debunk. I'm just unsure what all it negates. Does it negate inherent special summons from the hand, like Master Hyperion, Cyber Dragon, etc? Because it IS by their effect...but I'm not sure if it counts. If it does, I think I may just bump it up to 3 and forget Mirror and Leeching. Bb Hyperion, Kristya, Honest, Herald, Gorz, Tragoedia, and Birdman. I'm also a little unsure how it works in the Plant mirror. I hear that people use it to negate Spore and Bulb (or Zephyrus). But since their effect was negated, does it really count as the effect being activated once per duel? If not, they could just activate it again and I wasted a card. 

Inherent Special Summons don't activate an effect, so you can't use it on Cyber Dragon, Hyperion, etc., but yes, it does work on the likes of Fader, Honest, etc.

Oh, and don't forget that it banishes the card it negates. If they wanna use it again, it would be through Leviair.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: A Few Things I Need Help With   A Few Things I Need Help With EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 4:42 pm

Okay, so it's good, just not super special awesome. Okay guys, now fix my side deck! PLEEEAASSE!
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: A Few Things I Need Help With   A Few Things I Need Help With EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:24 pm

- 2 Light emprisoning mirror ( your already amining TKR and siding Leaching )
- 1 Dust
- 1 Chimera ( find spase for him in main extra plz )

+ 2 Smashing Grounds ( The best Side deck card of the game !!!! )
+ 1 Noble man
+ 1 Debunk ( when DW will be out, nvm nobleman and + 2 Debunk )

In toronto, I never entered a game 2 and game 3 withouth smashing grounds and Cyber Dragons Smile
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: A Few Things I Need Help With   A Few Things I Need Help With EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:39 pm

Scorpion67 wrote:
nvm nobleman and + 2 Debunk
i already run 2, so...how many should i run? haha. thanks for the suggestions scorpeh. it's hard to find space for chimera in main though Sad
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: A Few Things I Need Help With   A Few Things I Need Help With EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 6:06 pm

When I said + 2 I meant 3 Debunk XD cuz thats what you will need to keep it up with DW

but you should really find space for Chimera, I know its hard, but Chimera in side takes space, You rather try to fit it in in the side than waste space in the side
Back to top Go down
BliTz

BliTz

PostSubject: Re: A Few Things I Need Help With   A Few Things I Need Help With EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 6:16 pm

Scorpion67 wrote:
You rather try to fit it in in the side than waste space in the side

lol scorpeh is kinda drunk xD

anyway.. i find that u still need to fit in kycoo (its an amazing card this format shuts down most bosses). it somewhat conflicts with ur deck but i think he's worth it
Back to top Go down
darkness evil

darkness evil

PostSubject: Re: A Few Things I Need Help With   A Few Things I Need Help With EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 7:00 am

do you main Maxx c if not you should run it in side ur opp has a tengu u play it he summons venus chain to its effect he either stopps or goes for gach gachi which gives u 3 cards to draw and for your deck i think d.d crow>than Kycoo it will work better i like runing hand traps in these kind of decks
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: A Few Things I Need Help With   A Few Things I Need Help With EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 7:43 am

yep i run 2 maxx c, i'm trying it out and it's working ok so far. they're a nice level 2 debris target as well since i took out rykos for thunder kings. and yeah...kycoo is good, but since i remove things myself, imma keep crow
Back to top Go down
Tino The Sinner

Tino The Sinner

PostSubject: Re: A Few Things I Need Help With   A Few Things I Need Help With EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 11:16 am

kycoo only stops your opponent from removing, you can remove away
Back to top Go down
Tino The Sinner

Tino The Sinner

PostSubject: Re: A Few Things I Need Help With   A Few Things I Need Help With EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 11:18 am

Scorpion67 wrote:
- 2 Light emprisoning mirror ( your already amining TKR and siding Leaching )
- 1 Dust
- 1 Chimera ( find spase for him in main extra plz )

+ 2 Smashing Grounds ( The best Side deck card of the game !!!! )
+ 1 Noble man
+ 1 Debunk ( when DW will be out, nvm nobleman and + 2 Debunk )

In toronto, I never entered a game 2 and game 3 withouth smashing grounds and Cyber Dragons Smile

why do u say smashing grounds are so good?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: A Few Things I Need Help With   A Few Things I Need Help With EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 11:42 am

Cuz it is that good ! I was sidding 2 at the beggining of the format and now I'm siding 3 ! Agents are everywhere and in plants you need to get rid of krystia. Leaching is pro too but as long as she is there you cant special summon. it get rids of all the boss monsters your opponent can have actualy and it clears the field for an OTK. Everyone of my city were siding smashing ground at toronto in all the decks you can imagine and 8 of our crew made top 32. smashing was played everywhere !
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: A Few Things I Need Help With   A Few Things I Need Help With EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 11:50 am

it's really nice removal since you can't rely quite as much on traps for removal anymore, so if you find you need more removal, it's nice to have. scorp's right about kristya. i can't do **** with plants unless i can special summon. and it's faster than traps...btw i swear i knew how kycoo works, idk what the heck i was thinking when i posted earlier lol
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: A Few Things I Need Help With   A Few Things I Need Help With EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 6:02 pm

I have a few more questions. Could post it in another topic but meh.
1. If I chain Maxx "C" to a special summon then I get to draw from that right?
2. I cannot activate Maxx "C" in the damage step right? Example: destroy Masked Dragon in battle and chain Maxx "C". Usually it wouldn't matter bc I could do it before I stacked but I'm just curious. Actually I'm not even positive that's in the damage step. Battle phase is complicated
Back to top Go down
twbenson

twbenson

PostSubject: Re: A Few Things I Need Help With   A Few Things I Need Help With EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 6:05 pm

yes to number one and two =)
Back to top Go down
twbenson

twbenson

PostSubject: Re: A Few Things I Need Help With   A Few Things I Need Help With EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 6:06 pm

and masked dragon isnt activated in damage step so u can chain to it
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: A Few Things I Need Help With   A Few Things I Need Help With EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 7:05 pm

you were right about your answers for harper's questions, twbenson, but not about masked dragon. it's effect activates when it is destroyed by battle during the damage step so he can't chain Maxx "C" to it's effect
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: A Few Things I Need Help With   A Few Things I Need Help With EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 3:15 am

Ty guys Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Few Things I Need Help With   A Few Things I Need Help With EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 4:05 am

Wait, since when can you chain to a summon? I could understand if you were like chaining to a card that Special Summons something...
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
Magicknight94

Magicknight94

PostSubject: Re: A Few Things I Need Help With   A Few Things I Need Help With EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 3:32 am

For 1), you cannot chain to special summon, you can only chain Maxx "C" to eff that special summon, or you must active Maxx "C" before your opp declare ss. If you don't, it is too late for draw.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: A Few Things I Need Help With   A Few Things I Need Help With EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:50 am

Yes you can chain it to the effect but not in the damage step
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: A Few Things I Need Help With   A Few Things I Need Help With EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 5:54 am

You don't chain to a summon, you respond to a summon
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: A Few Things I Need Help With   A Few Things I Need Help With EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 9:01 am

So it does work vs inherent summons or no? Example: opponent summons Cyber Dragon/a synchro. Can I discard to draw?
Back to top Go down
Magicknight94

Magicknight94

PostSubject: Re: A Few Things I Need Help With   A Few Things I Need Help With EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 11:24 am

No. You have to active its eff before your opp declare summon.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: A Few Things I Need Help With   A Few Things I Need Help With EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 11:56 am

But John is saying I can...or is he? *is confused*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Few Things I Need Help With   A Few Things I Need Help With Empty

Back to top Go down

A Few Things I Need Help With
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next