Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeYey March 1 NEW BAN LIST I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST

Go down 
+5
Stardust Dragon
Vongola-x
LegendaryFrost
nerolwo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST Empty
PostSubject: Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST   Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 2:50 pm

ok so finally in a couple of hours we will have finally our new ban list applied

So first of all congrats to everybody that will continue playing this game even with the current format

lets talk about the WHY of the banlist

first of all the Banned cards yes this list that we will gonna regret buying a few weeks prior banlist or we are gonna celebrate they are gone and that will affect our decks

1 Glow Up Bulb -
i totally agree with this, plants were sooo good thanks to this, if any plant Lover is reading this and starts hating on me, then please look how Konami list LOL at u. so easy synchro for almost no cost, even sometimes u wanted that mill. or milling a Dandy, Wulf, spore, Necro guardna and a whole bunch of other cards that u would love to send. so like amost all NO cost cards and that are splashable anywhere this card got banned.

2 Spore
i dont really agree with this, cuz well it wasnt as good as bulb and has limited combos, cant get a plus by its own like the other one but again konami wanted to kill plants and synchros and since this card was part of the most popular engine ( plants) they had no choice.

3 Trishula Dragon of the ice barrier
even is most people complain about this is was totally fair, and now we have the guy that says FAIR? WHOS THIS FAIR AND BLS IS STILL AROUND? well first of all BLS is 1 of 40 cards that u need to draw and This mighty card is a combination of tuners and non tuners at first turn, mid game , late game, and its eff is totally Awesome, affecting a lot of cards like, pot of avarice, possible banishing for BLS or chaos sorcerer, Reborn, necro gardna, etc. so yes this card needed to go, its a shame.

4 Trap Dustshoot
ok this first turn card is epic. looking at ur opponents hand even without mind crush is an advantage because u know every single play, and out ur opponent can use even forcing him on wasting whatever card u dont want around. this was just needed to but i will totally miss this one

So they hit some really solid ones this time and imo they only killed plant engine with the forbiddens

lets go to Limited

1. T.g. Striker
ok first of all we all know how splashable T.g. are just as Inzektors and gadgets we im waiting for an inzektor/t.g to pop out. but back to list, ok so this card is the cyber dragon/tuner of the deck that is also searchable by Rota and this way can start the whole engine running.

2. Agent of mystery - Earth
ok so is the Stratos of the deck, is a tuner and since konami suddendly hates tuners it needed to go. no more reasons for me to give to this card

ok this list was short and affected basically one solid deck t.g/agent and all variants

now lets go for Semi limited

1. Lumina Lightsworn Summoner
ok so for some reason konami wants to make LS kinda playable and since 3 JD wasnt enough for this deck to make a big comback, maybe Lumina will make garoth playable again and the deck a little bit more consistant ( i hope so cuz now this deck is considered veterant. )

2. Marshmallon
first of all This card doesnt affect anything, if someone is lucky enough to win a game with this card eff congrats, and the props i give to this, is wind ups have a really hard time vs this little guy and chain burn like it.

3. Reborn Tengu
This card was soooo splashable, had really cool combos with Aoj Birdman and was good for several synchros per turn, so yeah konami doesnt like that at this point. this was kinda weird since OCG hasnt spend money on this card but oh well,

4. Emergency Teleport
ok this card at 1 wasnt good, not even for psyhics since mind master is banned, but now at 2 it can mean some good comback for the psychics engine, maybe monarch or sometime hopefully we see psychics do decent with this.

5. Level Limit Area B
ok so we all hate Stall and tbh, stall is not good enough, they give this for what? Xyz love? cuz they can play with this? yeah maybe, other than that is a NAH. stall players enjoy

6. Shien Smoke Signal
ok six sams aint dead and with this we should see alittle bit more of playability because of the combos available with ascestiscism require most of the time kagemusha or elder and both are targets of this card, and imo if Heroes have 3 calls and a stratos and the rota why should Smoke signal be limited?

7. Torrential Tribute
a lot of people are gonna jump on me with this but this card was really being ignored and wasnt even that good BUT now at 2 can do tons of damage.

8. Ultimate offering
the main reason i can really think is Gadgets and Variants or even inzektors that were the main decks that used this card . is sad to see this being hit, prior the released of daigusto emeral but oh well.

the last list is the unlimited so we can play at max this prior restricted cards

1. Call of the haunted
ok since its effect is not the same as the one in the first yugioh series and we dont get back 3 monsters and turn them into immortal zombies LOL we get this card to 3 well this card is basically not as popular as before but some decks will totally benefir from it ( INZEKTORS)

ok and to end this a quick review of at least at the beggining of the list how the list will change decks from last format

Deck that were affected
All by trishula and Dustshoot Sad
Plants ( the so called plants that were basically just tour guides tengus and plant engine) totally hit and most of it dead
Agents and all agents variants ( including the T.g. variant )
T.g.s and all its variants ( including Agent variant)

Decks that will benefit form this list
Six Samurais - for SSS ( shien smoke signal )
Psychics and all decks with psychic engine
Inzektors for call of the haunted
Lightsworns for lumina
Stalls for marshmallon and level limit area B
Chain burn - marshmallon
ALL decks for Torrential Tribute

first replacements everyone will possibly see
Mist Wurm for Trishula
and Torrential Tribute for Trap dustshoot

this is Nero LWO saying .... i expected more for this list
Nero Out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST   Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:47 pm

I have mixed feelings about TT at 2. On one hand, it makes my Tiki deck better. On the other hand, I have to be more careful with my Lavals. I guess I could try and bait TTs with a Car. Not sure if anyone is that crazy, but you never know.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST   Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 11:49 pm

TT will actually add more of the skill we are lacking in this game seeing as you would have to consider as much as you can push before wasting it all way.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to buy some clothes for the funeral of Spore,Bulb and Trish.
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST   Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 12:23 am

TT will go good vs the TCG meta and will actually add more skill to the game, so I agree with Frost on this one.

Nice article, as always.

R.I.P. Trish and friends T.T
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
Stardust Dragon

Stardust Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST   Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:33 am

i think TT at 2 is pretty good for psychics too , since some psychics need to be sent to the grave for them to summon the removed psychic or so

very nice article
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST   Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:44 am

Thanks for all the replys
and yeah ill miss trish, but she is in a better place now with some good old friends like Goyo and Dark Strike Fighter they will be Overpowering in Traditional Smile
Back to top Go down
Wolf Ryski

Wolf Ryski

PostSubject: Re: Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST   Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 8:47 am

Hello Duelists.
Look at your deck, now back to mine, now back at your deck, now back to mine.
Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you started playing mainstream meta then your deck could act like mine.
Look down, back up, where are you? You're at that YCS with all the greatest duelists around you.
What's in your hand? I have it, it's the deck you've been using up until now.
Look again, It's now a deck you've never seen before that holds the key to your victory.
Anything is possible when you duel like a pro.
I'm using the meta.

Last edited by Wolf Ryski on Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bakura normal

bakura normal

PostSubject: Re: Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST   Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 9:32 am

silly wolf

"pro" is not how you spell "net decker" Very Happy

and my deck isnt yours no, because my deck isnt from the pojo wind-up guide =D
Back to top Go down
DarkFusion
DarkFusion

PostSubject: Re: Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST   Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 9:42 am

wolf look at you-now look at me-now back at you-than back at you again.See now matter how many times u back up u guys will still be the worst of the worst the "pros" aka netdeckers real players win with baby dragons Cool
Back to top Go down
Wolf Ryski

Wolf Ryski

PostSubject: Re: Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST   Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 9:46 am

I didn't say what our meta was did i? yall just be assuming we be net decking Cool

AX meta for life
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST   Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 11:02 am

Don't bring this drama here. Keep it civil.
Back to top Go down
Wolf Ryski

Wolf Ryski

PostSubject: Re: Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST   Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:48 pm

i see no drama here? its not like ima take out an unfair perma ban due to my views on the banlist on DGA? I wouldn't do that at all ._.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST   Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 4:00 pm

wtf is AX meta?
Back to top Go down
Wolf Ryski

Wolf Ryski

PostSubject: Re: Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST   Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 4:30 pm

AX = AfterShox = my team

AX has its own personal meta, not like you asked but we're ranked #1 on the DN and TAU forums ._.

self promotion ftw
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST   Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 4:33 pm

what do you mean you have your own personal meta =/
Back to top Go down
Wolf Ryski

Wolf Ryski

PostSubject: Re: Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST   Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 4:52 pm

meta = what everyone runs.

Personal meta = what we always run
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST   Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 5:12 pm

So you run top tier decks and win? Or you run bad decks and beat the scrubs on DN because they're scrubs?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST   Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 6:16 pm

I'd play Bubbleman-Tiki competitively if Royal Decree/Trap Stun didn't exist.

Whatever works for you, though.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
Wolf Ryski

Wolf Ryski

PostSubject: Re: Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST   Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 4:17 am

we actually run ocg...top tier meta cant touch it, but no one ever bans it in wars so....taking advantage ftw.

when they are smart enough to ban ocg well we're forced to resort to exodia FTK decks....but if the usual burn/stall/mill/ftk/instant win decks are banned then we just roll up the sleeves and and say fine..."you guys want to ban every other deck then we'll beat you at your own game" and we mirror match them every single time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST   Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST Empty

Back to top Go down

Yey March 1 NEW BAN LIST
Page 1 of 1