Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeScraps For March I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scraps For March

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Scraps For March Empty
PostSubject: Scraps For March   Scraps For March EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:02 pm

I've discovered that I really like Scraps recently, and I would like to make them
in real life too. Only problem is Scrap Dragon...dang $30 card that I can't afford 3 of -_-. I don't suppose any of you have any extra Scrap Dragons irl that you could trade do you? Anyway, please fix where needed, I've taken to Scraps quickly but honestly I'm inexperienced with them so any help is appreciated Very Happy
Scraps (40)
       Monsters: (18)
Scrap Chimera x3
Scrap Beast x3
Scrap Goblin x3
Scrap Golem x2
Gravekeeper's Spy x3
Summoner Monk
Morphing Jar
Sangan
Gorz The Emissary Of Darkness
       Spells: (13)
Monster Reborn
Dark Hole
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Book Of Moon
Giant Trunade
Scrapstorm x3
Scrapyard x2
Foolish Burial
Mind Control
       Traps: (9)
Mirror Force
Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Torrential Tribute
Solemn Judgement
Solemn Warning x2
Trap Stun x2
       Extra: (15)
Scrap Twin Dragon x2
Stardust Dragon
Colossal Fighter
Scrap Dragon x3
Black Rose Dragon
Scrap Archfiend x2
Arcanite Magician x2
Brionac Dragon Of The Ice Barrier
Ally Of Justice Catastor
Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
       Side: (15)
Royal Decree x3
Cyber Dragon x2
Nobleman Of Crossout x2
Crevice Into The Different Dimension x2
Thunder King Rai-Oh x2
Effect Veiler x2
Mask Of Restrict x2
       Other Possible Cards:
Dark End Dragon
Red Dragon Archfiend
Magical Android
Naturia Beast
Scrap Searcher
Scrap Breaker
Scrap Shark
Spirit Reaper
Card Trooper
Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter x3
Pot Of Duality x2
Dark Coffin x2

Okay, so the main problem I have is that the strategy is a little too basic. If you can't get a hold of Chimera or Golem you're pretty much screwed. Also, even though it breaks even a lot (example: scrapstorm, chimera) it has few ways to actually plus. And if I'm behind in advantage and I keep
using Dragon's effect, I'm only hurting myself unless I'm going for the kill. It's also
pretty slow, and I thought about using milling and pots to speed it up but idk. Maybe just Trooper
Back to top Go down
nica89

nica89

Scraps For March Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scraps For March   Scraps For March EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:33 pm

-1 morphing jar
-1 sagan
-1 scrap golem
-1 gravekeeper spy

+ descendant
+ scrap breaker
+scrap searcher
+ glow up bul
- 2 trap caux scrap need only 6 or seven trap
+ one for one
+ pot of avariace
- 1 scrap goblin
+ 1 scrap worm
Maybe 2 effect veiller en main

Im have experience whit scrap and i win a local tournament whit my scrap deck
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

Scraps For March Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scraps For March   Scraps For March EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 3:33 am

ok first of all , good to see another scrap player
ok so basically

good thing to go Scrap + spellcaster

but replace
All the Gravekeepers that basically just stall and are passive card
for Breaker The magical Warrior
yeah this guy is a 1900 beater , destroy at least 1 backrow or maybe 2 , and is also Arcanite Magicians material
only need 1 golem
only 2 Goblins

summoner monk and foolish burial most of the time are dead yeah u dont really need them actually u dont need more than 15 monsters including morphing jar

add Scapegoat is a very good card when u alrready have Scrap Dragon on field and another basic but awesome move is set a goblin , let ur opponent flip it , at the end scapegoat , first thing u do on ur turn is a blackrose dragon, making him waste their solem warning, or in the batter of the situations nuke the field and u already have a good target for chimera
Back to top Go down
nica89

nica89

Scraps For March Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scraps For March   Scraps For March EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:21 am

and scapge goat is good for naturai beas and backrion for synchro

scrap will be good for this format and speacialy scrap breaker is a good card and soon in net set scrap othros

i will run scrap deck ans dragunity for the win:)

and wait naturia landoise too too broken
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Scraps For March Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scraps For March   Scraps For March EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:01 pm

First off, thanks for commenting guys! I appreciate it Smile. Together we can make Scraps dominate. After playing with them for a bit, this seems to be their only problem: they're pretty basic. We need something more...idk complicated in the mix or make it faster. I think you're both correct, they don't "need" many monsters, and they don't "need" many traps...so what do we play then lol? Do you mind posting your build Nero so I can see what you DO use? I made mine a little monster heavy bc I'm unlucky at drawing what I need and they also seem to have a problem with field presense. That's the same reason I run the spies, not just for Arcanite but for field presense. Now, I'm not saying that my choice is better, I just want to explain my problem. How do you guys deal with the field presense issue? I'm liking the idea of Breaker, I use him in my Chaos Stun and I'm liking him more and more lately. Pluses are also something I need. Searcher also seems pretty good with the Golem+Searcher combo, he isn't in kc though so I haven't tested him yet. Breaker also sounds cool...yet he doesn't help at all with the field presense problem. He helps destroy a Scrap and he's big, but idk. I'll at least try him out when he hits kc or if I can get him and Scrap Dragons irl. Scapegoat gives me Dragon fodder, lets me synch, gives me that needed field presense I was talking about, is chainable, and, most importantly, is completely random Very Happy. Imma definately try it out. Glow up is always cool. Not really milling though in this deck...does he ever get stuck in hand? Really, Worm? He seems a little random and situational...idk though. This is what happens in the times when I lose: I summon Goblin/Beast and set stuff, opponent clears my backrow a bit, they do some big move to which I chain Scrapstorm eventually, but...then I end up being half-dead by that point, especially if I warned something, and even though I have a Chimera in-hand, all it has to do is be Warned or even BTH'ed and I lose Sad. Things like that, I pay lp with warning (which I usually could care less about) but I'm forced to leave myself open at times. If it's against a moderately fast-paced deck I have a hard time with it.
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

Scraps For March Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scraps For March   Scraps For March EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 10:23 am

well i had done some heavy playtesting last format
im gonna ppost my deck right now , but is hasnt been updated so im gonna post triple book of moon ok?

i will se what to replace them with
i wont be able to play this weekend because i have pharmacology test on thurday but still i will do some random kcvds testing
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Scraps For March Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scraps For March   Scraps For March EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 3:14 pm

Thx for posting ur build Nero. I got some good ideas from it. Cydras, reaper, and scapegoat should solve (or at least help) the field presense problem, and 2 pod and 3 scrapyard help with the speed problem. But now I have a problem of I want to make this irl: I can't afford pod. Should I just use 3 Goblin and 3 Scrapyard and hope for the best? Also I'm considering using Fader or Gorz even though u don't. And nica I will try out Searcher irl (I already have one) and maybe Breaker if I can find some. I will update my deck and post it here when I figure out what to make it into
Back to top Go down
nica89

nica89

Scraps For March Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scraps For March   Scraps For March EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 1:18 am

you need naturai beast ,landoise,backrion

there such a god card and lockdown combo

you need to earth
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

Scraps For March Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scraps For March   Scraps For March EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 2:41 am

nice good thoughts , i dont really like those cards because of my limitation on Tuners and Stuff
but i guess if u main mind readers and breakers would be really easy to summon those guys
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Scraps For March Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scraps For March   Scraps For March EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 4:26 am

naturias are cool techs but they are not necesary in scraps becaquse they take 3 space in the extra deck and if you wana run them you need to incorporate unnecesary things in your main deck and that slows you down so my oppinion on that is ''DONT DO IT''

Now for glow up bulb., is it cool, of course. Is he broken, yeah. Do I need it, Not really ! why do I will use 2 spaces ( because nica included the one for one ) for 2 cards that could have been warnings or cards really usefull cards. Can you over extend with that bulb in a crap deck, no so that card is really unnecesary. its not because its a free target for crap dragon sometimes that you need. youwant a free target. play COTH, trust me, it is really better than bulb in this deck. COTH on a tuner synchro with beat for a scrap dragon and now you have a dead COTH on the field that you can blow up for free and get a +2 cuz scrap dragon always gives a +2

you also need a seven tools to prevent the trap stun. its really better than solemn in this deck. with no seven tools you will get trap stun easily and wrecked by exploosive decks. 1 trap stun and 1 seven tools is what you need for this deck Smile so you have 1 free space if you take out that solemn.

and for that descendant nica. that card sucks ! I was playing it in your scrap cuz I had POA only. If harper dont wana run POS that card is BULL SHIT ! its a huge dead draw in mid game because most of the times your forced to bring the 2nd spy and not the descendant with your spy.

I dont know if Dale Belido updated a video of his scraps but you should check it out. He is really pro with scraps ( well actualy he is just pro with everything XD Canada FTW ! ) that will probably help you out to bring out the perfect scrap for the format Wink

Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Scraps For March Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scraps For March   Scraps For March EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 11:59 am

Thanks for all the feedback guys Very Happy. Nica, I love the Naturia synchros but I'm going to have to agree with Scorp there: they don't belong unless you make them belong. If you make them belong i think it will make me get rid of better cards. When I playtest Searcher I may tech Beast however. Same with the Descendant thing...it was a hard choice to take him out but really...gk are there for the +1s and synching, not for Descendant popping. Scrap Dragon pops enough for me, so I'd rather draw into another chance to get my eff off then draw into Descendant. Like I said, I like Nero's build and I will playtest that separately (with the Breaker tmw's and scapegoat). I incorporated some of his ideas into my main too. Scorp, even though i am in love with Solemn xD, your arguement makes sense so I took it out for 7tools. Please tell me what you guys think of this build:
Scraps (40)
       Monsters: (17)
Scrap Chimera x3
Scrap Beast x3
Scrap Goblin x3
Scrap Golem x2
Gravekeeper's Spy x3
Morphing Jar
Cyber Dragon x2
       Spells: (15)
Monster Reborn
Dark Hole
Giant Trunade
Book Of Moon
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Scrapstorm x3
Scrapyard x2
Foolish Burial
Pot Of Duality x2
Mind Control
       Traps: (Cool
Mirror Force
Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Torrential Tribute
Solemn Warning x2
Trap Stun
Seven Tools Of The Bandit
       Extra: (15)
Scrap Twin Dragon x2
Stardust Dragon
Colossal Fighter
Scrap Dragon x3
Dark End Dragon
Black Rose Dragon
Scrap Archfiend
Arcanite Magician x2
Brionac Dragon Of The Ice Barrier
Ally Of Justice Catastor
Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
       Side: (15)
Royal Decree x3
Thunder King Rai-Oh x2
Mask Of Restrict x2
Nobleman Of Crossout x2
D.D. Crow x2
Effect Veiler x2
Snowman Eater x2

It's still kinda trap heavy and I want to incorporate CoTH but meh. To playtest Nero's build I will -3 spy, +3 Breaker tmw, -something (probably mind or foolish), +scapegoat. For real life, since I can't afford pod or warning, I will -2 pod, +1 scrapyard, +1 coth, -2 warning, +2 ced/dark coffin. Plz comment and I should be able to test this again soon and I'll tell you my thoughts (been busy w/school lately Sad)
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Scraps For March Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scraps For March   Scraps For March EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 1:31 pm

Looks solid to me Wink I'm glad you didnt incorporated that sucky descendant in the deck and the bulb because the extra deck of the scraps is already packed and if your playing cydra's you need a space for chimera.
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

Scraps For March Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scraps For March   Scraps For March EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 9:24 pm

looks pretty solid
thanks for considering my build
and scrop is right Xtra deck is kinda limited
btw keep on good work
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scraps For March Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scraps For March   Scraps For March Empty

Back to top Go down

Scraps For March
Page 1 of 1