Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeAbsolute Gladiator I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Absolute Gladiator

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Goku

Goku

Absolute Gladiator Empty
PostSubject: Absolute Gladiator   Absolute Gladiator EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 10:41 pm

Well lets get into a deck build i like to call Absolute Gladiator. It's a deck involving our favorite man Elemental Hero Absolute Zero and my personal favorites Gladiator Beasts. The main idea is that i figured that its easy to put a Zero engine in a Gladiator Beast deck and have perfect results. So i will give you the Decklist and begin to explain everything.

Lets start from the monster cards :
1x GB Bestiari
2x GB Darius
1x GB Equeste
1x GB Hoplomus
2x GB Laquari
1x GB Retiari
1x GB Murmillo
1x GB Samnite
2x Test Tiger
2x Elemental Hero Prisma
1x Elemental Hero Stratos
3x Deep Sea Diva
1x Spined Gillman

Total of 19 monsters.

So i guess i dont have to explain anything of the gladiator beast engine cause it is known to everyone. The fact is that all gladiator beast builds run a Prisma cause Bestiari is limited. So because that Build focuses a lot on summoning Gyzarus we run 2 copies of Prisma. Prisma is also useful in order to summon Zero so in this build its a card that helps all time. 1 Stratos is in there in order to get up Prisma easier and have an easy Gyzarus summon and also to help in Zero summoning again. Divas and Gillman are obviously useful for Zero and for making easy synchros cause many times we notice that glads are stuck when our opponent has a Stardust summoned. Zero and Gyzarus summon are easy in this deck cause we play 2 MST 2 Trap Stuns and 1 Cold Wave to prevent our opponent from making us trouble with his support cards as we will see bellow. Also it is very convenient to make a Gyzarus summon emty the field make your opponent use his support cards on him (Solemn Warnings. Bottomless etc) and then just use a Miracle fusion and have a sure and easy Zero summon.

Lets go on with spells:

2x Pot Of Duality
1x Monster Reborn
1x Dark Hole
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Gladiator Proving Ground
2x Miracle fusion
1x Future Fusion
2x Shrink
1x Cold Wave

Total of 13 spell cards

I wont explain staples, i will just go on with the interesting stuff. 2 Miracle Fusions not 3 because its not a pure Absolute Zero deck so 3rd will be dead draw many times and that's why we have Future Fusion in there to be sure we don't draw dead cards and to place targets for Miracle Fusions in grave. Shrink is an underestimated card that works perfect in Gladiator Beast Builds. First of all it destroys easily strong synchros like Stardust or Colossal and let the Glads do their eff. It is also sneaky card esspecially when you use it in your opponents battle phase. Also its a HUGE help for summoning. How many times did your Gyzarus fall on a Bottomless?? Many i guess... so you just destroy 2 cards your opponent chains Bottomless and you chain Shrink on your Gyzarus. So you have the extra free attack in an empty field (monsters usually go out with Gyzarus). The same applies when your opponent is empty and you want to do a direct attack to start the Gladiator engine and you are afraid because you hold Glads with more than 1500 ATK and your opponent may have a bottomless. So for me Shrink should be a staple card in all gladiator beast decks. Finally i have a doubt about Duality in this deck cause you need to special summon in every turn so you guys please tell me if you find it useful in there Razz

Lets finish with the traps:

2x Trap Stun
2x Gladiator Beast War Chariot
1x Solemn Judgment
1x Mirror Force
1x Torrential Tribute
2x Bottomless Trap Hole
2x Solemn Warning

Total of 11 trap cards

(Deck total of 42 cards)

Well i think the traps do not need any explanation as we all know why they are in there. I will only say that i run 2 chariots and not 3 as many people told me to run cause a 3rd is dead draw many times that you need something more useful to draw.

Extra deck is :

3x Elemental Hero Absolute Zero
3x Gladiator Beast Gyzarus
1x Gladiator Beast Heraklinos
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Scrap Dragon
1x Blackrose Dragon
1x Brionac
1x Goyo Guardian
1x Ally of Justice Catastor
1x Magical Android
1x Trishula

Heraklinos is only 1 because in this build you almost never summon him cause it has different play style. 2 level 8 synhros only cause go throught the deck and you will see that you don't do 8 level synchro often. And finally Trishula is in cause its easy to summon (Diva brings Gillman and if you have another Glad down = 9 level synchro)

I cant speak about side deck because everyone puts there whatever they think its more useful for them but i will only say this. Have 2 Paradox Fusions in your side deck. You play with a lot of fusion monsters so this cards is very very useful. Except of the negate it also triggers the Zero effect and it can save your Gyzarus or Zero from nasty cards like Warnings and Bottomlesses etc. Its a counter trap so it can be chained to anything and it is a very good addition.

Absolute Gladiator Parado10

So that's the build and its logic. Tell me every addition you might have and if i don't explain everything in an understandable way i am sorry Razz
Back to top Go down
Shock

Shock

Absolute Gladiator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Gladiator   Absolute Gladiator EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 12:59 am

-1 Stratos
+1 Prisma

Stratos is a +1 But I prefer Prisma for some reason.And I have the bad luck of getting 2 prisma first hand alot of time and then Stratos.But it's your choice anyway

-2 Shrink
+2 Book Of Moon,

Far better in my opinion,has more uses than Shrink since it also disrupts synchros

Also,I would like to ask,is this your real life deck,or just KCVDS,because there are two interesting cards named E-Hero Great Tornado and E-Hero The Shining,which you can use for dumping bestiari and then getting darius in order to contact.

I also suggest,

-1 Samnite
+1 Call Of The Haunted

Considering how easily you can summon Gyza and that you will use synchros since you run 3 Divaz CoTh could prove really useful Smile

That's all,they're just personal opinions,wether you apply them or not is your choice.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Absolute Gladiator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Gladiator   Absolute Gladiator EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:14 am

I agree with shock. BOM is much better than shrink.
now for the samnite, i think a 3rd test tiger will be better. Call of the haunted is a pretty good card with zero but 3 tigers are cool with prisma.

Pretty nice deck BTW Wink
Back to top Go down
Goku

Goku

Absolute Gladiator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Gladiator   Absolute Gladiator EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 8:39 am

thanks for the advices guys i apreciate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Absolute Gladiator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Gladiator   Absolute Gladiator Empty

Back to top Go down

Absolute Gladiator
Page 1 of 1