Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeD.D. Gladiator I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

D.D. Gladiator

Go down 
+4
j0hnb0i
darkness evil
BliTz
JakeLegion
8 posters
AuthorMessage
JakeLegion

JakeLegion

D.D. Gladiator Empty
PostSubject: D.D. Gladiator   D.D. Gladiator EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 1:25 pm

I thought that this idea would be a good idea, a counter to the meta-game. while still keeping its explosive but quick power. This deck is a variation on the not-so-common-anymore Gladiator Beast.
Assuming that you all know what Glads are supposed to do and how they work i will not go into detail. But a general overview is required for those who have never seen them.
FOR THOSE WHO NEED EXPLANATION OF GBs
Spoiler:

Now, i noticed that Gladiator Beast didnt require the graveyard in order to function, although the Prisma-Test Tiger duo was awesome, it wasnt necessary, and could easily be stopped in between one of its many steps. In response to the current meta-game i added D. Fissures as the tech. And juss went from there with the idea. hope you like it.D.D. Gladiator D_glad10
DECKLIST
Spoiler:
So thats my deck, hope you like it, use it, comment on it, offer feedback.
Back to top Go down
BliTz

BliTz

D.D. Gladiator Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.D. Gladiator   D.D. Gladiator EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 3:16 pm

idk.. the deck seems like it was made for last format. Heavy storm just screams GG

also they're new support like infected mail and safe zone that give Glads a big boost u should try them out Smile
Back to top Go down
darkness evil

darkness evil

D.D. Gladiator Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.D. Gladiator   D.D. Gladiator EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 4:42 pm

hmmm well what i come up with is drop the Seven tools add a Solemn Judgment and a Starlight road ofcourse in decks like that depending on ur s/t line up in a format with 3 mst protections in needed
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

D.D. Gladiator Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.D. Gladiator   D.D. Gladiator EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 4:58 pm

well, not to burst your bubble, this is actually a very old deck idea that was popular when lightsworn started getting more play =b

and this deck did pretty ok even when we had heavy storm a couple formats ago and before we had starlight road so i think it'll do ok in this format too haha
Back to top Go down

D.D. Gladiator Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.D. Gladiator   D.D. Gladiator EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 5:35 pm

D.D. Glads don't work that well this format. Even though there is lots of Graveyard use, we ourselves end up using it quite a bit this format. Our 2 biggest threats this format are Agents and HEROs. Unfortunately, this deck won't handle them that well, as they can work the banished zone to their advantage quite comfortably (Hyperion, Miracle Fusion/Fusion Gate, etc.). Plus, with Leviair in existence, people have been taking advantage of Banished monsters more than ever. Also, I don't feel comfortable seeing a GB build that mains 2 Secutor. I could see you siding 1 maybe for the Agents MU, perhaps.

Equeste and Darius are more important than ever in this format, and if we hamper ourselves by not using him to their fullest, we're hurting our ability to control the duel.

Also, 3 Waboku is probably over-doing it. I'd recommend what BliTz said and replace one of them with Safe Zone or Infected Mail. I myself run Infected Mail, and it has never disappointed me. The same goes with Safe Zone.

Oh, and that last slot in your Extra Deck should be Utopia, but you don't need 3 of every GB Fusion, and you don't need Gaiodiaz, ever. I run 2 of each of the others to allow for more emergency options in the Extra Deck. You main deck Cyber Dragon, so Chimeratech is almost required here. You also Side Deck Effect Veiler, so I'd throw in Catastor if you feel you ever need to do that (don't think of it often). GBs don't really use the Extra Deck much outside of their own archetype, so you can honestly have whatever.

Looking at your Side Deck, I see some cards which are good options, like Consecrating Light and Effect Veiler, but I see that you also Side in Darius/Tigers. Maining Tigers or not maining tigers is a major decision every GB user makes. It's like picking the Blue Pill or the Red Pill. It's too bad, though, because Darius is the backbone to a lot of key plays...if you have a Graveyard. Umm...are those Kycooes next to your Lights? Good choice there. Mask of Restrict is a useless side this format. It won't stop anything. Disarm is incredibly situational, and there are honestly better negation traps that can be used in its place. Oh, and if you side in Respite, you should be siding in 3, or none at all. Sadly, the way GBs are running nowadays, your deck has to be focused on Respite usage, or else you're going to dead draw it like a madman.

I hope I was a bit of help to you. I've been running Glads for a couple of years now, so they're kinda stuck with me. xP
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
blaze

blaze

D.D. Gladiator Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.D. Gladiator   D.D. Gladiator EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 4:37 am

sorry to say it so simple,but the build is with 1 word terrible.secutors without tests are really meh.especially 2 i would somehow try to understand 1 but 2?also why playing 3 equeste?with d.fissures the only targets you have are chariots.so 2 are already fine.moreover no starlight?are you kidding us?heavy and gg?in decks with d.fissure and especially gb with d.fissure starlight is more than must.furthermore why did you opt to run only 1 warning?also take out the seven tools,they aren't that good in this format.2 murmillo are also too much.you are running 16 monsters+2 prooving which also count as monsters so 16+2=18 that's really too much for a gb without tigers.
Back to top Go down
TheHelixNebula

TheHelixNebula

D.D. Gladiator Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.D. Gladiator   D.D. Gladiator EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 5:46 am

-2 secutor
-1 equeste
-1 murmillo
-2 seven tools

+1 dimacari
+1 infected mail (great card for glads)
+1 Gladiator proving ground
+1 starlight road
+1 solemn warning/judgment
+1 trap dustshoot
+1 utopia

Not too sure about this, though, since I'm not that used to D.D. Glads.

Anyways, secutor is near useless in my opinion. 2 Equeste is more than enough for any GB deck, let alone a D.D. deck. 2 murmillo is too much. Seven tools isn't that good in this format.

Dimacari has helped me out a few times, the double attack is pretty neat. Infected mail is just great for Glads. Gladiator proving ground, i usually run 3 but that's up to you. Starlight road against Heavy. Solemn warning/judgment just because they're great cards. Trap dustshoot is definitely worth having in your deck, maybe even try fitting in a mind crush.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

D.D. Gladiator Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.D. Gladiator   D.D. Gladiator EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 9:50 am

I agree with the above guys. Murmillo at 2 is asking for dead draws, and you don't really need 2 tbh. Secutor should be at 1 and even then only if you run Tigers. DD is an okay way to play it. But I don't think it's the best way. Darius is just too pro to not use, especially with xyz and Essedarii now. I would side the Fissures. They're an okay siding option against stuff that absolutely without a doubt need a grave, but it'll hurt you otherwise. Tools sucks this format, just being honest. I think I may try tigers again this format but idk, we'll see. You need Starlight. So a rough fix:
-2 secutor
-1 equeste
-1 murmillo
-1 cydra
-3 d-fissure
-2 seven tools
-2 ced or bth
+2 darius
+1 bw gale
+1 mst/heavy
+1 warning
+1 judgment
+1 starlight
+1 dustshoot
+1 mirror
+1 torrential
+2 infected mail
@violet: what are you talking about haha? Miracle and Hyperion can work on the field, but they're better because they remove from the grave. Also Waboku is a good card again since it's chainable. Perhaps better than Safe Zone now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

D.D. Gladiator Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.D. Gladiator   D.D. Gladiator Empty

Back to top Go down

D.D. Gladiator
Page 1 of 1