Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Best Side Deck Atm? I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Best Side Deck Atm?

Go down 
+7
blaze
Vongola-x
Freddy_Jay
IversonSt3
Ray1500
Scorpion67
Harper7000
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

The Best Side Deck Atm? Empty
PostSubject: The Best Side Deck Atm?   The Best Side Deck Atm? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 8:52 am

Question is kind of self-explanatory, but what do you guys think the best side deck lineup is? Mine works okay I guess, but not the best. I don't go to tournaments that often either so I don't know the best cards to side dek against what. Ideas?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: The Best Side Deck Atm?   The Best Side Deck Atm? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:59 am

it depends of the deck your playing and if your only playing IRL or only on KC ?
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The Best Side Deck Atm?   The Best Side Deck Atm? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 10:03 am

I play a lot of different decks and both xD. I know some side-deck cards you don't want bc of what deck you have (like consecrated light in a blackwing) but I'm guessing that there's cards that work well in most side decks. Just give me the best cards overall to side deck, what they counter and why they're the best, and then I can figure out which ones to assign to which deck
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: The Best Side Deck Atm?   The Best Side Deck Atm? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 12:02 pm

well let me list you a list of side deck cards

- System Down
- Compulsory Evacution Device
- Crevice into the different dimension
- Nobleman of Crossout
- Soul Release
- Light imprisoning
- Shadow imprisoning
- Gottoms Call
- Lava Golem
- Volcanic Queen
- Prime Material Dragon
-D.D Crow
- Zombie World
- Book Of Life
- Mask of Restrict

The side deck depends on what your playing and what you will face in the tournament. i dressed a list of cards that can be in side deck but you will need to choose them wise. the side deck depend on the main deck.
Back to top Go down
Ray1500

PostSubject: Re: The Best Side Deck Atm?   The Best Side Deck Atm? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 3:50 pm

Adding On To Scorp:

-Swallow's Flip
-Pulling The Rug
-Trap Hole
-Kycoo
-Rai-Oh
-Tuner's Scheme
-Divine Wrath
-Mirror of Oaths
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The Best Side Deck Atm?   The Best Side Deck Atm? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 9:01 am

What # should you run side deck cards at? I do 2 copies for most, but I'd like you guys' opinion. And what is the best card against monarchs? You guys said mask of restrict, pulling, and soul release... Shouldn't there only need to be one? Also I'm curious what deck you would side in lava golem and volcanic queen for
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Best Side Deck Atm?   The Best Side Deck Atm? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:09 am

hmm Against Monarchs?Well the probably best side deck to kill them are:
Pulling the Rug
Mask Of Restrict
D.D. Crow( monarchs usually use treeborn frog so d.d. crow would kill it)
Intercept
Doomcaliber Knight(usually in stun decks which he is mained but if your deck is easly beated by monarchs then doomcaliber can do the trick although don't summon him if treeborn frog is on grave)

These are probably the best side deck against them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Best Side Deck Atm?   The Best Side Deck Atm? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 2:57 pm

lava golem and volcanic queen can be helpful to stop lockdowning deck. such as Herald of Perfection (Though gonna be useless if archlord kristya has reached the field). or Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode.(though i prefer soul release/crow/divine wrath:p)

and as for side-deck against monarch.
it's your call, whether you prefer a power(intercept)<your opponent need to think twice should they remove the monster on your field or your trap> or versatility(pulling the rug/D.D. Crow).
or keep them unsummonable with mask of restrict.
Back to top Go down
IversonSt3

IversonSt3

PostSubject: Re: The Best Side Deck Atm?   The Best Side Deck Atm? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 7:55 pm

Oh My Gosh!

I was w8ing to see the Most Powerfull "Side" Card (that can be used at Main)..

I am talking about the 1.. the only!... the....

Legendary Jujitsu Master

ReSpeCt to this Guy Please..

(It gave me 2 wins against Fatal in 2 different Competitions)
Back to top Go down
http://synchroduelacademy.darkbb.com
Freddy_Jay

Freddy_Jay

PostSubject: Re: The Best Side Deck Atm?   The Best Side Deck Atm? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 4:05 pm

If the Field Spell card "Zombie World" does not hinder the normal functioning of your Deck, then you should probably use it against Monarchs, because one of Zombie World's assets is that if prevents tribute summons, unless it is for a Zombie-Type. If the opponent uses MST, you could use Field Barrier to protect Zombie World.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: The Best Side Deck Atm?   The Best Side Deck Atm? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 5:32 am

Hey I think that it is good to refresh this topic now for the new format so I'm gona post what I think that are the Staples Side deck Cards

- Fossil Dyna Pachicephalo
- D.D Crow ( Veiler totaly lost his place to crow in this format )
- Dust Tornado
- Gozen Match
- Rivalry of the Warlords
- Puppet Plant
- Electric Virus
- Thunderking Rai-Oh
- Pulling the Rug
- Oppression
- Crevice
- Cyber Dragons
- Chain Disapearance

Stunish Fields

- Close Forest
- Zombie World

Well those are pretty much the staples IMO ! All the other cards are tech cards.
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: The Best Side Deck Atm?   The Best Side Deck Atm? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 6:34 am

forest is pro vs GK Very Happy

get forest and nobleman spy, 80% u won xD
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
blaze

blaze

PostSubject: Re: The Best Side Deck Atm?   The Best Side Deck Atm? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 11:28 am

forest is pro vs dragunities too,also mind crush is just a pro card.side deck is really something different for every deck,depends on what the deck lacks and what needs more against other decks.chain dissapearance really became a must in every side,pro card,about crow and veiler i woudn't be so sure,it's a fact that crow is more playable,but veiler has good points too and if you check ycs you will see veiler being more played than crow and veiler was even in main decks.they are both good.
soul release is a good card,but a bit slow for me,i would prefer crow/crevice/chain dissap than it.

don't like lim or prime material on side,neither compulsory nor book of life,ofc it all depends to what the meta is in your locals,etc.

side deck is really important for winning games and you there can't be an absolute side for a deck that,it all depends to your deck,to your meta,etc.
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

PostSubject: Re: The Best Side Deck Atm?   The Best Side Deck Atm? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 11:48 am

I personally love lava golem, nice way to get rid of 2x shien without wasting resources imo. I like crow, but I like using crevice to a different dimension (c.trap-declare 1 type, remove from play 2 misters from your oops grave of that type) I like chaos trap hole and black horn of heaven a well since I lack another warning
Back to top Go down
SabreW

SabreW

PostSubject: Re: The Best Side Deck Atm?   The Best Side Deck Atm? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 1:29 pm

If you're playing with field spells, wouldn't the malefic monsters be a good side card against swarming and OTKs?
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: The Best Side Deck Atm?   The Best Side Deck Atm? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 1:54 pm

only decks that depend on field spells are GK and dragunity... gk has malefic in main and dragunity + malefic = fail.... the other field spells that were mentioned here were a side vs those fields Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: The Best Side Deck Atm?   The Best Side Deck Atm? EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 5:35 am

@ Blaze : Veiler is a good card, dont missunderstand me, but sincerely, Cros is a better option against any decks around. Crow gets rid of the problem for good, Veiler only stops the opponent for 1 turn. Let me explain my point

Against Dragunities. If you veiler dux you win 1 turn. If you crow that Phalanx you get 2 turns because next turn they will have to go for a phalanx and find a way to send it to the grave.

Monarchs : Veiler only negate the effect of the monarch. Crow gets rid of treeborn

Plants : Veiler stops the effect of Debris, Maybe Chaos ( but the they can use bulb and go for arcanite ) A caius. Crow Gets rid of Dandy, Spore, bulb and is even good when your opponent activates POA ( you stop them from getting pluses )

Eveything Veiler can do can be donne by a warning or oppression. Thats why Crow is a better option but well, We all have a different oppinions I guess
Back to top Go down
blaze

blaze

PostSubject: Re: The Best Side Deck Atm?   The Best Side Deck Atm? EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 12:10 pm

yeah but veiler can stop kageki from doing eff and prevents a shi en,that may come,also in sabers veiler stops boogart too,or a hyunlei that would go for the big move,even in gk's you can stop a desce.in ls you stop jd(even one turn is a big deal),crow is not sure that will stop it from coming.

oppression goes against the player who uses it many times,so it has to be played carefully and in the right moment and not all players do when to do it.

so crow isn't > veiler,it clearly depends on the deck you go vs,in the decks you mentioned crow is better,in the decks i mentioned veiler is better,also in frognarch if you get soul'ed and then caius or raiza veiler does the job there,it also has some good plays there.
Back to top Go down
Freddy_Jay

Freddy_Jay

PostSubject: Re: The Best Side Deck Atm?   The Best Side Deck Atm? EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 1:41 pm

In order to fight decks that would use cards like Soul Release or DD Crow, players could add the limited "Burial from another Dimension" or/and "Return from the Diffrent Dimension" to Synchro Summon, etc.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: The Best Side Deck Atm?   The Best Side Deck Atm? EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 1:55 pm

Well thats where I wanted to go Blaze. Veiler is a Tech card but not a Side deck card for this format. You mentioned GK's , Sabers and Samurais. Veiler is not a card you side against those decks.

Against GK's you side Pupet Plants, Dust tornados, Gold, Gemini Imps, Close Forest ETC. You dont Side Veiler !

Against Sames you Side Puppets, Gozen Match, Fossil Dynas, Penguin Soldiers. You dont side Veilers.

Now for sabers I have nothing to say. Veilers are usefull here

If you look all the decks I mentioned for crow, All of them gets counter by Crow and you can beat them with Crows Alone.

Now Again I'm not saying that Veiler Sucks. It is a good tech card in Choas plants because it is a light monster. I also use Veilers in my Monarc Deck. Monarchs should all use Veilers because it give you Light monsters for Chaos sorcer wich is a really important monster in this format where speed is everything and it is also a fairy monster wich is very important for monarchs in round 2 because now everybody knows how krystia is important in monarchs when you engage Round 2.

So that was My point about saying that Crow is a better card. I will use 2 spaces for crow in ANY side deck but I wont use those 2 same spaces for Veilers because it is not worth it.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The Best Side Deck Atm?   The Best Side Deck Atm? EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 5:05 pm

Veiled is and always will be good but I'm going to have to agree with Scorp: Crow is better in the side because it counters more. If you look at the lists from the last ycs you'll see veiler is mained and rarely ever sided. It's too generic to be effective in the side this format: the format is very diverse yet really aggressive and some decks require mass siding. Veiler is a good tech card, that's why he is mained so much in those lists. Btw check out my Saber side deck and tell me what you think:
Puppet Plant x2
Gozen Match x2
Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo x2
Dust Tornado x2
Zombie World x2
DD Crow x2
Cyber Dragon x2
Mind Crush

Freddy: you're right, but you see to side those cards would mean you know for a fact that your opponent is going to side Crow against you. You cannot know that however, what you side is not public knowledge. Counting on what the opponent does is not a good gamble, plus your side is more often used to screw up the opponent than ti defend yourself. But if you are playing Formula Monarchs they are often mass side against and the opponent will almost be guaranteed to side Crow so siding a Burial to counter it isn't so bad, I see people doing that
Back to top Go down
Shadow

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: The Best Side Deck Atm?   The Best Side Deck Atm? EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 9:51 pm

dustshoot wont be bad with couple ced's :/
Back to top Go down
milkman

milkman

PostSubject: Re: The Best Side Deck Atm?   The Best Side Deck Atm? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 2:53 am

as for the veiler crow thing ... just use one in main deck one in side lolz ... or both in side ... but i prefer veiler
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Best Side Deck Atm?   The Best Side Deck Atm? Empty

Back to top Go down

The Best Side Deck Atm?
Page 1 of 1