Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLoto's Deck Analysis: Dark World I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Loto's Deck Analysis: Dark World

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Loto Drandel

Loto Drandel

Loto's Deck Analysis: Dark World Empty
PostSubject: Loto's Deck Analysis: Dark World   Loto's Deck Analysis: Dark World EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 4:37 am

Hello everyone. Loto Drandel here with another deck analysis based on the metagame. I've gone over a couple decks during my previous month back in online dueling (Six Samurai and KMG), so now the next deck on my list is one that gives nightmares in their own dark way...

Dark World

Originally debuting in Elemental Energy (back in the GX era), this deck was limited on potential due to the low number of monsters and support it had at that time; however, in the day and age where both Synchros and XYZ monsters reign (along with the release of a structure deck based around then), this deck has gone from being mediocre to ABSOLUTELY ANNOYING in its near meteoric rise as a powerful deck in its own right.

I will go over some of the components that make this deck the powerful annoyance that it is today, starting with some cards that debuted from the time of the Gates of the Underworld structure deck onwards.
First up...

Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World
Loto's Deck Analysis: Dark World 300px-GraphaDragonLordofDarkWorld-GLD5-EN-GUR-LE
You can Special Summon this card (from your Graveyard) by returning 1 face-up "Dark World" monster you control to the hand, except "Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World". If this card is discarded to the Graveyard by a card effect: Target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy that target, then, if this card was discarded from your hand to your Graveyard by an opponent's card effect, look at 1 random card in your opponent's hand, then, if it was a monster, you can Special Summon it to your side of the field.
In my opinion, this guy is considered the "Big Boss" of Dark World for good reason. His effect destroys a card your opponent controls if he is discarded by a card effect (your own or your opponents). If your opponent's card effect discards him, then you get an opportunity to look at 1 random card and potentially summon a monster to your side of the field (if that 1 card was a monster). With many cards in the deck that have discard effects, this guy is easy to abuse for destruction. Along with the ability to Special Summon himself from the grave by returning a Dark World monster you control to the hand, he is pretty easy to bring out to the field.

The Gates of Dark World
Loto's Deck Analysis: Dark World 300px-TheGatesofDarkWorld-AP01-EN-SR-UE
All Fiend-Type monsters gain 300 ATK and DEF. Once per turn: You can banish 1 Fiend-Type monster from your Graveyard; discard 1 Fiend-Type monster, then draw 1 card.
One of the main big spells of the deck, this field spell makes the Dark World monsters stronger AND allows a once per turn discard and draw by banishing a Fiend-Type monster from your graveyard (fodder to bring back via Leviair). This card allows easy access to discard effects that the Dark World Monsters are very notorious for, making them bigger threats and better assets to the user.

Snoww, Unlight of Dark World
Loto's Deck Analysis: Dark World 300px-Snoww%2CUnlightofDarkWorldSDGU-EN-SR-1E
If this card is discarded to the Graveyard by a card effect: If it was discarded from your hand to your Graveyard by an opponent's card effect, you can target 1 monster in your opponent's Graveyard; add 1 "Dark World" card from your Deck to your hand, then Special Summon that target (if any) in face-up Defense Position.
This card makes for an easy search of Grapha or Gates or some other needed Dark World card to put in your hand, allowing to make those combos a little faster or set up for some big attacks. Also makes for XYZ fodder or an attacker in its own right (2000 with Gates on the field).

Dark Smog
Loto's Deck Analysis: Dark World 300px-DarkSmog-ABYR-EN-SR-LE
Once per turn: You can target 1 monster in your opponent's Graveyard; discard 1 Fiend-Type monster, and if you do, banish that target.
A handy little trap for banishing your opponents monsters while discarding your Dark World monsters. Also makes for fodder for Leviair (if the monsters you banish are Level 4 or lower)

Now for some old school cards that provide their uses to the deck.

Dark World Dealings
Loto's Deck Analysis: Dark World 300px-DarkWorldDealingsSDGU-EN-C-1E
Each player draws 1 card, then each player discards 1 card.
Not much to say for this card; draw and discard allows for thinning a little bit to get to your needed cards/mass dumping of Dark World monsters for effects to cause more deck thinning or destruction.

Dragged Down Into The Grave
Loto's Deck Analysis: Dark World 300px-DraggedDownintotheGrave-LCYW-EN-SR-1E
Both players reveal their hands, discard 1 card from their opponent's hand to the Graveyard, then draw 1 card.
This card is an older, yet advanced version of sorts of Dark World Dealings, except you and your opponent reveal each other's hands and choose the card to discard from the hands; it's especially advantageous for the user when s/he is down to one card such as Grapha, Snoww or some other Dark World monster. This card can potentially wreck some decks such as Wind-Ups and maybe Mermails by discarding a vital card in the opponent's hand, while you get to have a Dark World monster discarded to take advantage of its effect(s).

Card Destruction
Loto's Deck Analysis: Dark World 300px-CardDestruction-LCYW-EN-ScR-1E
Each player discards their entire hand, then draws the same number of cards they discarded.
Mass hand dump and refresh, enough said. Good way to hurt your opponent though by potentially getting rid of vital cards in their hand, but it's a double-edge sword as well as it could help them too, though it's not as likely.

Deck Devastation Virus
Loto's Deck Analysis: Dark World 300px-DeckDevastationVirusSDGU-EN-C-1E
Tribute 1 DARK monster with 2000 or more ATK; check your opponent's hand, all monsters they control, and all cards they draw until the end of their 3rd turn after this card's activation, and destroy all those monsters with 1500 or less ATK.
Decent way to save a Dark World monster of 2000 or more attack (Sillva, Grapha) that is in danger of a destruction and/or banish card (Bottomless Trap Hole, Torrential Tribute, etc) and hurt your opponent's chances of getting a monster to protect him/herself while you keep bringing monsters out to the field.

Well, that's all for this deck analysis. Leave comments and feedback saying what you thought and what you would like me to include in this analysis (cards to be considered for the deck).

Loto Drandel
Back to top Go down
TheHelixNebula

TheHelixNebula

PostSubject: Re: Loto's Deck Analysis: Dark World   Loto's Deck Analysis: Dark World EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 9:16 am

Great deck analysis, just like the others, but I think you should make deck analysis's for decks that are up and coming/new/not very popular/not over done, because I can see that helping a lot more people. Your threads are very extensive and thorough, but these are decks that already have thousands of reviews/profiles and don't need more to add to that.

I think your skills can be used better to help players with newer/unknown decks more Smile
Back to top Go down
Loto Drandel

Loto Drandel

PostSubject: Re: Loto's Deck Analysis: Dark World   Loto's Deck Analysis: Dark World EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 11:17 am

TheHelixNebula wrote:
Great deck analysis, just like the others, but I think you should make deck analysis's for decks that are up and coming/new/not very popular/not over done, because I can see that helping a lot more people. Your threads are very extensive and thorough, but these are decks that already have thousands of reviews/profiles and don't need more to add to that.

I think your skills can be used better to help players with newer/unknown decks more Smile

I like experimenting with decks actually so I might try something along those lines; the reason I make these articles (even if they seem redundant) is because there could be strategies in them that others might have never thought of (such as using certain cards that would seem like crap or unable to use); so it never hurts to have an update on them once in a while
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loto's Deck Analysis: Dark World   Loto's Deck Analysis: Dark World Empty

Back to top Go down

Loto's Deck Analysis: Dark World
Page 1 of 1