Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homemostly pure Dark World I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

mostly pure Dark World

Go down 
+2
darkness evil
Gilgamesh
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

mostly pure Dark World Empty
PostSubject: mostly pure Dark World   mostly pure Dark World EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 4:21 pm

I run a Dark World deck as my main deck. (Yes, I have other decks) Looking for ratings and maybe acouple fixes. Keep in mind I would like to keep this mostly Dark World with no more then 6 non-DW's not non-DW deck with 6 DW's with only 2 different names. In the ()'s is the color the monster is based on. (just some triva frankly)

Monsters:
x1 Raveil, Lord of Phantams
x2 Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World (Graphite)
x1 Reign-Beaxu, Overlord of Dark World (Rainbow)
x2 Goldd ,Wu-Lord of Dark Wold (Gold)
x2 Sillva, Warlord of Dark World (Sliver)
x1 Brron, Mad King of Dark World (Bronze)
x2 Snoww, Unlight of Dark World (Snow White)
x1 Evil Hero Infernal Gainer [For OTK with Raveil]
x2 Beiige, Vanguard of Dark World (Beige)
x2 Broww, Huntsman of Dark World, (Brown)
x1 Morphing Jar [Mainly for Discard effect]
x3 Gren, Tactician of Dark World (Green)
x3 Kahkki, Guerilla Of Dark World (Khaki)
x1 Renge, Gatekeeper of Dark World (Orange)

Magic:
x2 Dark World Dealings
x2 Dark World Lighting
x1 Gateway to Dark World
x1 The Gates of Dark World
x1 Card Destruction
x1 Monster Reborn
x1 Monster Reincarnation
x1 The Shallow Grave
x1 Dark Core
x1 Return of the Doomed

Traps:
x2 Dark Deal
x2 The Forces of Darkness
x1 Divine Wrath
x1 MIND CRUSH
x1 Raigeki Break
x1 Drastic Drop Off
x1 Magic Cylinder

Allies of Dark World (Extra Deck):
x1 Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon
X1 Tiras, Keeper of Genesis
X1 Number 61: Volcasaurus
Back to top Go down
darkness evil

darkness evil

PostSubject: Re: mostly pure Dark World   mostly pure Dark World EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 5:48 pm

Just OMG where do i start lets see what u need to get rid of first
im not gonna edit it im just gonna post a DW build for u

17 Monsters
x3beiige Vangaurd of Darkworld*
x3 Broww Huntsman of dark world *
x3 Snow Unlight of dark world **
x3 Garpha Dragon lord of dark world **
x3 Tourguied Of the Underworld *(why TCG DW is better than OCG)
Sangan
Fabled Raven

Spell Cards:15
Card destruction
Dark hole
Monster reborn
Foolish Burial
Dark world Dealings*
3x dargged down into the grave**
2x Pot Of Duality
3x The Gates Of Darkworld ***
2x Dark Worl Lighting

Traps:8
2x Solemn warning
2x Bottemless trap hole
Solemn Judgement
Torrential Tribute
2x Mind crush

Now some explanations
First Beiige at 3 im sure ur like but Gold and Silva have better status but what cool about this is u can normal summon it easy and bounce it back for Garphas effect and discard and get a special summon also with Gate on the field its basicly a 1900 atk beater its better than gold and Silva since those 2 LV 5 monster can be dead in your hand

Broww is just plane awesome discard and draw LV 3 searchable via TourGuied use it with gates effect draw 1 for gate and draw 1 for broww just helps you go thro ur deck so fast and get the cards you need

Snow IS THE MAIN HEART OF THE DECK you need 3 of this monster discard and add any DW card you want Lighting Dealings broww but the main 2 cards you will be searching with this card is going to be Garpha and Gate to get this deck starting and out its just plain awesome

Garpha is what made this deck competitve in the first place discard pop anything you want and summon a DW put it back in hand to discard and get a 2700 atk beater you can ram this thing into Hyperion and get it back whenever but with Gate its 3000 atk and can get over hyperion and its still there.

TourGUied of the Underworld this broke ass card in the TCG is what made TCG DW just soo good summon tourguied summon another one, sangan or broww XYZ summon into Leviar special summon a banished monster or Number 17 and get a 2500 atk beater which is good because the card that kills this deck is Naturia BEast but it has 2200 atk so you can run over it easy and start discarding with ur spells. not gd enough search broww bounce it to hand and get ur 3k garpha and use a discarding effect to draw a card.

Fabled Raven is effect to discard as many DW as u need from you hand and hleps you get some synchro power out

Spells: 1 Dark world Dealings is enough because if you run into a darkworld deck it will kill you mirror matches kills you bad also gives you opponents DW monsters there crazy second effect which is not cool

3 Dragged down to the grave is pro you set all your spells and traps leave your DW in hand u get your effect and discard your opponents cards and ruin his plans since you chose the card he discards also u see his hand which is why you will love playing 2 Mind crush so you get beaters draws and search while your opponent loses there cards that will help him defend himself

3 The Gates of Dark world first all your fiends will get a 300+ atk snoww becomes a 2000 atk beater Beiige 1900 atk Garpha 3000 which is amazing but the second eff which is pro remove from play a fiend from grave discard 1 and draw a card draw a card that you just lost and get a dark world monster effect this card made DW so playable its like DW where sitting in the dark waiting for this card to come out, which is funny cuz its a gate and they came out when it opened Very Happy

Traps Line up is stable but 2 Mind crush to go with 3 dragged down and you might want to fit Deck Devistation Virus it kills a lot of deck tribute your garpha and get it back later also all monster with less than 1500 atk are dead which a lot of decks use and mind crush you opponents stronger ones so he ends up with nothing to fight back

Didnt meant for this to turn into an article but i play a bit of darkworld so just gave you some general info so gd luck Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: mostly pure Dark World   mostly pure Dark World EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 6:08 pm

thanks for the tips i will make decks then test a few times
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: mostly pure Dark World   mostly pure Dark World EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 12:37 pm

I like Darkness' deck, except I personally find Pot of Duality not to be worth the space and would forgo them for Trap Dustshoot and Gorz the Emissary of Darkness since Dust Shoot will further help the double Mind Crush, and Gorz is fantastic when you don't want to die to an OTK. I'd also ditch something for Allure of Darkness and find a way for Dark Armed Dragon.

*EDIT*

Here's my main deck for reference:

Main Deck:40
Monsters:18
3 Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World
3 Tourguide of the Underworld
3 Broww, Huntsman of Dark World
3 Snoww, Unlight of Dark World
2 Beiige, Vanguard of Dark World
1 Fabled Raven
1 Sangan
1 Dark Armed Dragon
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness

Spells:16
3 The Gates of Dark World
3 Dragged Down into the Grave
2 Dark World Lightning
1 Card Destruction
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Heavy Storm
1 Mind Control
1 Dark World Dealings
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Allure of Darkness

Traps:6
2 Solemn Warning
2 Mind Crush
1 Trap Dustshoot
1 Torrential Tribute

Last edited by SirFunchalot on Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: mostly pure Dark World   mostly pure Dark World EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Darkness pretty much summed it up. There's some switches you can make (I personally like 3 Dark World Dealings. You can side them out in the mirror match. Duality isn't a staple, etc.) but that's pretty much what it should look like.
3 grapha
3 snoww
3 broww
2-3 beiige
3 tourguide
1 sangan
3 gate to dark world
1 card destruction
a combination of dark world dealings, dark world lightning, and Dragged Down
staples
Back to top Go down
nica89

nica89

PostSubject: Re: mostly pure Dark World   mostly pure Dark World EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 9:14 pm

i run 1 silva 1 gold, 2 level 5 beater and 2 beige,
whyt them

overun every monster whit hight attack

exemple stardust, Very Happy silva.gold eat it whit the field power boost

i got 3 real tour guide lol, so my dw whit be brooke,
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: mostly pure Dark World   mostly pure Dark World EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 12:48 am

morphing jar, Morphing Jar, MORPHING JAR!!!
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: mostly pure Dark World   mostly pure Dark World EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 2:22 am

Morphing Jar, while potentially powerful, is slow, and can help your opponent more than you, especially against a deck such as Agents where you could set them up for and give them an Archlord Kristya.
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: mostly pure Dark World   mostly pure Dark World EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 2:28 am

not if u run the viruses. In fact morphing jar helps you set up easy OTKs, since most agents won't work easily if their beatsticks are in grave, plus dragged down and dustshoot let you see their hand, to know how to play. Not to mention that it gives u pluses from DW AND gives u 5 extra cards AND can let you clear your opponent's field AND can let you easily OTK AND can give u control of duel. Anything else?
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: mostly pure Dark World   mostly pure Dark World EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 2:45 am

But it requires a normal set, is almost always triggered on the opponents turn. The virus cards add to even more inconsistent opening hands. You can't use DDitG on opponents turn so the cards they get off of Morphing Jar they can set up with the turn it goes off. Like I said, I agree with you that it can be great, but it can also be horrible for you. And giving an opponent options against an aggro deck like Dark World is almost always a bad thing. If you really want to you can main it, but I don't see it as being worth the space as a more generally useful card such as Gorz.
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: mostly pure Dark World   mostly pure Dark World EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:06 am

Gorz in DW is useless since u will always have a card on the field at all times, plus u have the field spell so u can't summon it in bad times, Trago is wayyy better
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: mostly pure Dark World   mostly pure Dark World EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:18 am

Gorz isn't useless. But I do think that you should run at least 1 trag alongside it. Now on the subject of Morphing Jar:
Morphing Jar is one of the best cards in the game IMO. The potential to get a +5 is just ridiculous. In Dark World in can be even more than that. However, it should not be banned, and that's because you have to be smart to use it. People hated it last format bc people set everything. It still won me games last format. You dont set it when yhe opponent sets everything. People don't like it this format for the opposite reason. What will make people happy? Morphing Jar is good no matter if we have Heavy or not, you just have to know how to use it. All that being said however, it sucks in the mirror match. Way worse than DWD. DWD you can recover from. Morphing Jar...maybe not. But again, don't use Jar until you know what deck they're using. And since DW will be the new samurai (aka the autopilot deck everyone ****rides), siding it may be a better option. But never, EVER, dismiss the epicness of Morphing Jar
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: mostly pure Dark World   mostly pure Dark World EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:38 am

PLUS, how can you say no to his smile? It is like a one eye rape face. Or, the evil grin in Repo: The Genetic Opera
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: mostly pure Dark World   mostly pure Dark World EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:40 am

Also a set monster is bait for Dark World Lightning. Personally I don't see it worth the main deck slot considering how badly it can potentially backfire.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: mostly pure Dark World   mostly pure Dark World EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:52 am

You're assuming that every deck that you're dueling will also be dark world. Perhaps it will when it hits tcg, in which case it will work better in side. But no oher deck runs dwl. Even some dw don't run dwl
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: mostly pure Dark World   mostly pure Dark World EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 9:01 am

As far as I've seen, the top threat decks are going to be Agents, Dark World, Lightsworn, Evolzar, Tengu Plants. The only deck out of these that morphing jar doesn't help out in a huge way is Evolzar (and even they can capitalize on it). As much as I love getting 5 new cards and maybe triggering a grapha in the process, I don't feel it's worth setting up a Kristya, giving an opponent's DW monsters their second effect, setting up JD and other big plays, or setting up for a swarm of synchros all at the expense of that oh so important once per turn normal summon. It's powerful, but it's a double-edged sword that's too likely to backfire in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mostly pure Dark World   mostly pure Dark World Empty

Back to top Go down

mostly pure Dark World
Page 1 of 1