Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark World Structure Deck I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark World Structure Deck

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DiStar

DiStar

Dark World Structure Deck Empty
PostSubject: Dark World Structure Deck   Dark World Structure Deck EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 3:37 am

As some already know; the next structure deck in line is for the old Dark World Archetype. Naturally they are a interesting archetype as they can get around casual summoning by being discarded..but as time showed..without the help of using Fabled monsters..fell short of any competitive play.

Good news is 2 of the new cards from the structure deck are revealed and if the last one to be shown is as good as the first two; then we're off to a good start.

Grapha, Dragon God of the Dark World
Level 8
Type Fiend
Attack 2700
Defense 1800

Effect

You can return 1 face-up "Dark World" monster you control to the hand, except "Grapha, Dragon God of the Dark World", to Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. When this card is discarded from the hand to the Graveyard by a card effect, select 1 card your opponent controls and destroy it. If this card was discarded by an opponent's card effect, look at 1 random card in your opponent's hand also. If that card is a Monster Card, you can Special Summon it to your side of field.

Snow, Magician of the Dark World
Level 4
Type Fiend
Attack 1700
Defense 0

Effect

If this card is discarded by a card effect from the hand to the Graveyard, add 1 "Dark World" card from your Deck to your hand. If this card is discarded by an opponent's card effect, you can also select 1 monster in your opponent's Graveyard and Special Summon it to your side of the field in face-up Defense Position.

Celri, Monk of the Dark World
Level[b]1
[b]Type[b] Fiend
[b]Attack
Defense 300

Effect

If this card is discarded by a card effect from the hand to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon this card to your opponent's side of the field in face-up Defense Position. When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Dark World" card, your opponent selects 1 card in their hand and discards it.

Gate of the Dark World
Field Spell

Face-up Fiend-Type monsters gain 300 ATK. You can remove from play 1 Fiend-Type monster from your Field or Graveyard to select 1 Fiend-Type monster in your hand and discard it. Afterwards, draw 1 Card from your Deck.

Strategy of the Dark
Normal Trap

Each player selects 2 cards in their hand and discards them, then draws 2 cards. Your opponent can negate this effect by discarding 1 card from their hand.

I'm hoping the last card is a solid Magic/Trap as the monster line-up can be altered enough already with what we have. The Need comes in a Magic/Trap beyond Dark Deal or Monster in Morphing Jar//Fabled Dianaira That triggers your Opponent making you discard cards in your hand.

We'll see though if the last new card is gonna be monster or M/T, but all things said; speed seems to be the common theme and field cards with these new structure decks; So Necrovalley is gonna have to fight some more now for that Field Card Spot,lmao...

Offhand, My Opinion of the cards released so far.

Grapha will add a heavy field presence..and in a meta with no Goyo..2700 atk is a real force to be reckoned with ( 3000 w/ the field spell..) Also..being able to proc discarding from your hand is a nice addition. Where this card would shine is his last effect..but being able to pull it off would be the issue.

The Field Spell is interesting as well. The 300 atk boost seems rather added on but doesnt hurt as it turns Sillva and Goldd to 2600 atk beaters..which makes a big difference from 2300. Also making a draw engine out of the Removal Effect is nice. So 3 Broww will be a must..discard him and draw a +1..then use the field to remove him from the grave to proc another discard and draw again.

I'm sure Burial from the Different Dimension will be a staple in here as well to abuse this effect. Also Escape from the dark dimension can be used...revive Broww which is removed..bounce him for Grapha effect from grave..then discard broww to +1 again..and use the field again on broww in the grave...o0

Opinions?

Last edited by DiStar on Wed May 18, 2011 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Dark World Structure Deck   Dark World Structure Deck EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 5:07 am

Seems interesting. I've always found DW ti be interesting, and I like the new support. Perhaps they'll see some semi-competitive play now. And they have such good synergy with Fableds, which IMO WILL see competitive play soon. Fableds are light fiends, dw are dark fiends, so...even MORE Chaos abuse anyone? So cool hybrids may be on the horizon. Idk if it will make a big impact on the meta but it'll be fun
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

PostSubject: Re: Dark World Structure Deck   Dark World Structure Deck EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 5:16 am

Happy to see Dark worlds making a comeback. So ar the boss monster has a pretty easy summoning condition which is pretty nice. Could be a trade in target as well or ex draw power. Not a bad effect as well i discarded by sabers or royal tribute. field spell looks good for the most part, no complaints.

Ido agree with harper. I see chaos sorc shenanigans on the horizon with this influx of DW support. I personally would be happy with a common Dark world dealings/broww, but thats just me.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Dark World Structure Deck   Dark World Structure Deck EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 5:23 am

Yeah why is it DWD is like 8 bucks? It's not like it sees much play ATM haha. Btw am I the only one that wants to see Colorless Released? Sure it would probably be crap, but I want it! xD
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

PostSubject: Re: Dark World Structure Deck   Dark World Structure Deck EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 5:34 am

DWD makes exodia decks happy afro. Its a good card, but in the current meta may do more damage than good as your opp can discard as well (Dandy, treeborns). Colorless? what is that?
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Dark World Structure Deck   Dark World Structure Deck EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 5:50 am

Well actually it also usually does harm bc it's a minus and let's your opponent draw. But yeah it's at 3 in exodia xD. Colorless is that fusion that Brron tried to summon with Super Polymerization in GX. It's supposed ti be the most powerful
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Dark World Structure Deck   Dark World Structure Deck EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 5:56 am

Hey this looks very interesting Smile
If this becomes competitive, Keepers willl....... go down !!! Smile
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

PostSubject: Re: Dark World Structure Deck   Dark World Structure Deck EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 2:37 pm

Scorpion67 wrote:
Hey this looks very interesting Smile
If this becomes competitive, Keepers willl....... go down !!! Smile

This probably would be GK worst nightmare as DW monsters SS themselves from the grave when discarded so they can summon many beaters on the field quickly to get around Valley. Plus taking into account Royal Tribute...GK would have to side them I think and go a different route to pervent the DW's from SSing themselves from the grave.
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

PostSubject: Re: Dark World Structure Deck   Dark World Structure Deck EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:32 am

Updated with more Info
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark World Structure Deck   Dark World Structure Deck Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark World Structure Deck
Page 1 of 1