Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark world Articles..... I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark world Articles.....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Dark world Articles..... Empty
PostSubject: Dark world Articles.....   Dark world Articles..... EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 12:49 am

MHMMM i make this topic about Darkworld article coz its one of my favorite decks,and almost every time i use it against my opponents, they dont know the rulings of these cards.... so here we go:
First of all u can only activate the effects of the DW monsters like:
silvva,goldd,beige and etc.... by discarding them with an EFFECT!
that means: u cant activate their effect by using something like lighting vortex or snipe hunter...! because thats not the part of the effect its cost.

How do you know if it´s a card effect or cost?
example:
cost:

Dark world Articles..... LightningVortexSDRL-EN-C-1E
"Discard 1 card." first it says u have to discard one card which means its cost to activate this card....

example:
Effect:

Dark world Articles..... DarkWorldLightningDR04-EN-R
first u select the facedown card,then u destroy it and then u discard a card. like you can see it´s not a cost.thats really simple... and also a ruling about this card: if your opponent chains the card you targeted or if u cant someway destroy it with the effect of this card "U DO NOT DISCARD A CARD".)

well you guys just need to read the card effect... always when it says "first" discard a card or pay lp or anything else... then its always cost!

but there are some (WEIRD) cards like:

EXAMPLE:

Dark world Articles..... FabledRavenLE13-JP-DUPR-DT

EFFECT:
Name:

Fiend Roar Deity Raven

Once per turn,
you can discard
any number of cards in your hand and have this card gains ATK equal to the
number of cards you discard x 400 until the End Phase . For each card discarded by this effect,
increase this card's Level by 1 until the End Phase.
mhmm this sounds like costs doesnt it?
well its not cost because it says: you can discard
any number of cards in your
hand "AND" have this card gain. its not cost because it says "and" (and if it would be like:
you can discard
any number of cards in your
hand "TO" have this card gain. then it would be cost.... only coz of the "to".

and something about this: (even though its not that important but it doesnt matter...)
Dark world Articles..... TheForcesofDarknessDR04-EN-C-UE

It says u can return 2 dark world monsters from your graveyard to your hand. That means U must atleast have "2" DW monsters in your graveyard and u cant choose just one,you "MUST" add two dw monsters to your hand.... and u cant add these cards to your hand:

Dark world Articles..... CyberSoldierofDarkworldTP1-NA-C-UE

Dark world Articles..... DarkworldThornsLOB-NA-C-1E
since these cards are "DARKWORLD" Monsters not "DARK WORLD" Monsters....

Dark world Articles..... GatewaytoDarkWorldDR04-EN-C-UE

same ruling with this card... ONLY "Dark World" Monsters!!!!!!!!!
and a ruling: even if u set or summon first a monster,you cant activate this card... The monster ur summoning with this card must be the only monster u have summoned this turn.

And heres one more ruling:During your End Phase, if you discard a Monster Card(S) to the Graveyard because you had more than 6 cards in your hand, you "CANT" Special Summon those monsters.:
cause its like cost: like: "Discard a card to end your turn"
Thats why they made this card

Dark world Articles..... DarkWorldGrimoirePTDN-EN-C-1E

Well these are the important things about this deck and about the cost/effect ruling...
hope i helped.!!
NOTE: DONT FORGET: DarkWorld decks are really really good/awesome!!
and soon when the other "FIEND ROAR" Monsters will be added to the game (KCVDS) trust me this will be one of the best decks ever....

ENJOY AND RATE PLEASE....!!

-Burhan- (:
thx for reading Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Shock

Shock

PostSubject: Re: Dark world Articles.....   Dark world Articles..... EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 12:56 am

:O I saw you posting that article in Pseudo too nice work Burhan.Great article and I believe it can help anybody who isn't familiar with the dark world archertype Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark world Articles.....   Dark world Articles..... EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 2:03 am

yup its really good job congrats keep it up Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark world Articles.....   Dark world Articles..... EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 6:34 am

It's just amazing how one or two little words can change how the whole card works....

Good job....
Back to top Go down
SabreW

SabreW

PostSubject: Re: Dark world Articles.....   Dark world Articles..... EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 6:55 am

Real good article. I used to play with a DW deck too, and this really helps those who're confused about the difference between cost/effect. Awesome, Burhan!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark world Articles.....   Dark world Articles..... EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 9:31 am

Thank you all for these nice comments Smile looking forward to make another article about six sams maybe. (: thx again! Very Happy:P:P!!xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark world Articles.....   Dark world Articles..... EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 10:45 pm

nice and good job
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark world Articles.....   Dark world Articles..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark world Articles.....
Page 1 of 1