Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe World is a Dark Place I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The World is a Dark Place

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

The World is a Dark Place Empty
PostSubject: The World is a Dark Place   The World is a Dark Place EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 9:45 am

Spoiler:

Monsters 12:

3 Grapha,Dragon Lord of Dark World
3 Snoww,Unlight of Dark World
3 Broww,Huntsman of Dark World
2 Tour Guide from the Underworld
1 Beiige,Vanguard of Dark World

Spells 17:

3 The Gates of Dark World
3 Dark World Dealings
3 Dragged Down into the Grave
3 Upstart Goblin
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Heavy Storm
1 Card Destruction
1 Foolish Burial

Traps 11:

3 Reckless Greed
3 Compulsory Evacuation Device
2 Torrential Tribute
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Deck Devastation Virus
1 Eradicator Epidemic Virus

Side Deck unfinished:

3 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Ryko,Lightsworn Hunter
2 Skill Drain
2 Dark Smog

Extra Deck 15:

2 Leviair the Sea Dragon
2 Wind-Up Zenmaines
1 Hieratic Sun Dragon of Heliopolis
1 Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
1 Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction
1 Number 20: Giga-Brilliant
1 Temtempo the Percussion Djinn
1 Number 39: Utopia
1 Gem-Knight Pearl
1 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
1 Photon Papilloperative
1 Steelswarm Roach
1 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon

Triple Compulsory to deal with Shock Master/ Naturia Beast.
Also saves Grapha from Prison/BTH and let's him reuse his effect.
It's an out to Zenmaines and other random Xyzs.
CED is really crazy in this.

DDV destroys Wind-Ups,EEV destroys Heroes. They can be dead sometimes, but they single handedly win games, that's why I decided to main them.

Side Deck is a work in progress. It's the most important thing but I haven't tested enough yet.

Comments appreciated.

Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The World is a Dark Place   The World is a Dark Place EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 3:29 pm

I personally can't stand the "balls out" version of dark world everyone seems to be running. Upstart and Reckless are just not good cards imo, and I think they have enough speed with triple Gate, Dealings, and Dragged. And a Card D. To each his own but that's not the way I'd play it. I'd drop them for some mst's, Warnings, and maybe idk like Trance Archfiends or Drains or Mind Crushes. I like the CED in here, it's a good card in general and especially in Dark World but most DW users don't use it from what I've seen, kinda weird. I also like Foolish mained, it's too good for when you can't get Grapha. 1 mained DDV and EEV is tech but seems reasonable enough. I think I'll try it myself.
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

PostSubject: Re: The World is a Dark Place   The World is a Dark Place EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 3:54 am

You generally want to turbo game 1 and outspeed them.

With so much draw power you're going to draw into your power plays much faster than them.
3 Upstart means that you're running a 37 card deck and Reckless nets you 2 cards which is great in a 2 card combo deck. Some people don't play Reckless though,but I would always play Upstart.

Game 2 you're going to side out Upstarts, Dragged Downs and other shit and play a slower paced control game.
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

PostSubject: Re: The World is a Dark Place   The World is a Dark Place EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 9:22 am

Harper7000 wrote:
I personally can't stand the "balls out" version of dark world everyone seems to be running. Upstart and Reckless are just not good cards imo, and I think they have enough speed with triple Gate, Dealings, and Dragged. And a Card D. To each his own but that's not the way I'd play it. I'd drop them for some mst's, Warnings, and maybe idk like Trance Archfiends or Drains or Mind Crushes. I like the CED in here, it's a good card in general and especially in Dark World but most DW users don't use it from what I've seen, kinda weird. I also like Foolish mained, it's too good for when you can't get Grapha. 1 mained DDV and EEV is tech but seems reasonable enough. I think I'll try it myself.

I just checked out some OCG Dark World decks and they play the deck almost exactly like you have stated.(or maybe you tried out the OCG version already and liked it more than the TCG counterpart?!) Pretty interesting.

I'm gonna build one myself and test it.
Back to top Go down
infernal_archmage

infernal_archmage

PostSubject: Re: The World is a Dark Place   The World is a Dark Place EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:15 pm

Us OCG players don't run the viruses, sometimes sided but the side deck always would be something against grave removers or SIMs. There's also the DWsworn version but it ain't that fast, I like cardcar D better than upstart, if you run upstart, best run it at 1. Mind crush is kind of a DW staple coz it gives the turbo build some control power. Since we don't have TGU yet, we run 2 beiige and 2 of either silva or goldd. There's also the option of skill drain. Better main in a couple of MSTs too as Harper said. TCG players use dark smog but since we don't have it idk how it runs.
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

PostSubject: Re: The World is a Dark Place   The World is a Dark Place EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 11:05 pm

wouldn't ever run Goldd/Silvva ,because they make the deck even more inconsistent.

Consistency is a huge issue , no matter whether you're running the OCG or TCG version.

Because I always seem to run out of monsters I'm testing 1 copy of this guy:

Spoiler:

at first he seems like crap,but listen:

I hate these opening hands with 2-3 discard outlets and no monsters in sight. I just lose random games because of it ,it's so annoying.

Scarr helps fixing those hands.Most of the time he will get you a Snoww and you can go from there.

He's also a very good first turn set and can help you to get started.
You should try this guy out if you have the same problems.

Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The World is a Dark Place   The World is a Dark Place EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 3:40 am

gutsberserk wrote:
Harper7000 wrote:

I just checked out some OCG Dark World decks and they play the deck almost exactly like you have stated.(or maybe you tried out the OCG version already and liked it more than the TCG counterpart?!) Pretty interesting.

I'm gonna build one myself and test it.

I've pretty much always played it that way lol.
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

PostSubject: Re: The World is a Dark Place   The World is a Dark Place EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 7:54 am

Really? lol

Grapha is proud of you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The World is a Dark Place   The World is a Dark Place Empty

Back to top Go down

The World is a Dark Place
Page 1 of 1