Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDeck Master Format - Page 2 I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deck Master Format

Go down 
+8
AltaYr
RyuheiAoi
Dukemon
Exiled
Harper7000
Princess Hyakka
TheRuler
SirFunchalot
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Should any of the following monsters be banned from being a Deck Master in addition to Dark Magician of Chaos?
A) Only Light & Darkness Dragon
Deck Master Format - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Deck Master Format - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
B) Only Superancient Deep Seaking Coelacanth
Deck Master Format - Page 2 I_vote_lcap9%Deck Master Format - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
C) Only Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
Deck Master Format - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Deck Master Format - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
D) Choices A & B
Deck Master Format - Page 2 I_vote_lcap9%Deck Master Format - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
E) Choices A & C
Deck Master Format - Page 2 I_vote_lcap18%Deck Master Format - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
F) Choices B & C
Deck Master Format - Page 2 I_vote_lcap27%Deck Master Format - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
G) Choices A & B & C
Deck Master Format - Page 2 I_vote_lcap18%Deck Master Format - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
H) An unlisted monster (please state in comments with why)
 18% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

Deck Master Format - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Deck Master Format   Deck Master Format - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:18 am

First topic message reminder :

The Rules:

Spoiler:

If anyone would be interested in playing this format, please post here. I think this would make for a very fun DGA tournament as well.

*EDIT* the rules have been updated.

Last edited by SirFunchalot on Tue May 08, 2012 11:24 am; edited 32 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Deck Master Format   Deck Master Format - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 6:15 am

DM format doesn't really need to ban a lot of the cards since 16000 LP and 60 cards really hurts a lot of them and makes them less effective while others like the Pot of Greed, Grace, Witch of the BForest simply aid in consistency of the 59 individual card decks.
Back to top Go down
allanpike

allanpike

PostSubject: Re: Deck Master Format   Deck Master Format - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 6:19 am

SirFunchalot, was that comment directed at me in reply to my post or someone else entirely?
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Deck Master Format   Deck Master Format - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 6:40 am

It was a response to you, Allanpike.

@TheRuler: REDMD was not banned as a DM because it didn't receive the 3 necessary votes to be banned, where as big fish did. Both REDMD and LaDD are still being tested for fairness however and should players come to the consensus that they are indeed unfair they will be banned.
Back to top Go down
allanpike

allanpike

PostSubject: Re: Deck Master Format   Deck Master Format - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 6:54 am

Well that's the thing, I'm say that the DM Traditonal has the 'must have 60 cards, one copy of card only and 16000 LP' ruling while DM Advanced is more true true to the normal Yugioh formant, so it doesn't have the 'must have 60 cards, one copy of card only and 16000 LP' rules.
Back to top Go down
Kuma13

Kuma13

PostSubject: Re: Deck Master Format   Deck Master Format - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 7:03 am

this does look quite interesting... i dont even kno what this site is Razz
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Deck Master Format   Deck Master Format - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 7:05 am

This format was designed after the Magic: The Gathering format of Commander, formally known as Elder Dragon Highlander. This model has been proven to be a fun, fair, and relatively balanced format, where games typically are on the longer side and the more skillful player wins. The reason why 8000 LP and minimum of 40 card decks is less skillful is because in yugioh, since there is no resource system, players can drop threats far more consistently and easily than they can in any other card game, by doubling the LP total and maxing out your available main deck space you create a situation where it becomes incredibly difficult for a player to just sack into an OTK situation, which is the kind of game that for most people isn't very fun.
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

PostSubject: Re: Deck Master Format   Deck Master Format - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:09 am

SirFunchalot wrote:
If you want crazy combos, play advanced. If you want to try something totally different, try DM format. You're welcome to start up your own thread with your own ideas if you so choose.

I mean Sirfunch has hit the Nail on the head. If you seek to have your style of play, then by all means create your system and post it. Funch has his set of ideas and wants to try it and it does seem like it would be fun. All this talk of combo reliant is based on the parameters after the thing has actually been set up. we cant squabble over something that isnt even known yet.

And there are ways to set up combos anyhow, this is yugioh we have a multitude of deck searchers/thinners/whathave you.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Deck Master Format   Deck Master Format - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 1:23 pm

If a mod would clean this thread up of all the arguing and stuff that would be awesome.

Also as an update the following cards have been banned because they create an un-fun game state or give one player far too much of an advantage:

Confiscation
Delinquent Duo
The Forceful Sentry
Painful Choice
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Deck Master Format   Deck Master Format - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 8:36 am

Destiny HERO - Disk Commander has been banned.

All monsters that can be Normal Summoned can now be a Deck Master. The level cap was removed to add to the diversity of the metagame.
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

PostSubject: Re: Deck Master Format   Deck Master Format - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 12:33 am

"When a Deck Master would be removed from the field it can be banished again, in this case it may not be summoned again on your next turn."

Does D.D. Survivor still come back on my next turn or not?
Because usually Card Effects > Rules , but that would be pretty dumb.

Even if not, D.D. Survivor seems to be really stupid.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Deck Master Format   Deck Master Format - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 5:20 am

Honestly, the only reason why the Deck Masters go to the Banished Zone is because on Dueling Network there is no space for a "Deck Master Zone". This is why there are lots of rulings where cards that affect the Banished Zone cannot affect your Deck Master. When played IRL the Deck Master is normally placed to the left of the Extra Deck.

I will clarify the rulings to make this an easier concept to understand, but in short, no, D.D. Survivor and Scout Plane will not come back during the End Phase.
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

PostSubject: Re: Deck Master Format   Deck Master Format - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 2:10 am

Ok , no D.D. Survivor abuse for me. Razz
Thanks for the anwer bro.

But what happens with Rescue Rabbit?
Does he banish himself to the Deck Master Zone?
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Deck Master Format   Deck Master Format - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 3:15 am

Yeah any DM that would be removed from the field can be placed in the DM Zone (banished zone on DN) instead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deck Master Format   Deck Master Format - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Deck Master Format
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2