Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDeck for the Format  I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deck for the Format

Go down 
+8
Minako
Merlin
Quincy99
Vongola-x
Dukemon
Scorpion67
nerolwo
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

Deck for the Format  Empty
PostSubject: Deck for the Format    Deck for the Format  EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 4:24 pm

ok so the obligated topic at the beggining of the format
what is gonna see play or should see play at the start of the format

ok lets talk about the big 3 first in no particular order

1. Wind up
The one and only ability to swarm the field and leave opponent empty hand in the first turn is really helpful and dominates a lot of decks so definetly this guys will remain as part of the big 3 at least until the next set comes up
the Good - the deck is good and neither of the required monsters are secrets except for wind up rabbit, so is an expensive/reasonable deck that will dominate ur opponent first turn
the bad - going second are not as effective and spirit reaper is a big and annoying obstacle for this deck. the other bad part is deck will probably go higher in price and is not really fun to play or play againts

2. Inzektor
The ability of the deck to Search and destroy rinse and repeat is awesome, and an splashable pseudo engine for any deck and has a lot of variants due to this
the Good - the deck works againts almost every deck and the rarities of the deck aint high and is getting further support next Set
The Bad - derp derpy derp is a one move only rinse and repeat so is kinda boring to play it ( its my current) or to play againts. and Hornet is really expensive for a super Rare

3. Dino Rabbit
The ability to XYZ summon big things and really diverse is awesome can be mixed with ninjas.
The Good - The deck simply works, splashes beaters, Xyz, and controls with laggia
The bad - can generate really bad hands such Sabersaurus or kabazauls stuck in hand.
THE WORSE - Tour guide/ Rescue Rabbit/ Maxx C are staples and they are all Secrets u need 3 of each and they are between 80 - 120 dls so is extremly expensive to run this

ok now apart from the Big 3 lets talk about the popular decks that u will see play and are a safe investment

1. Dark World
The deck, Swarms, searches and Beats and RECYCLES really well on its own
The good - The deck has a lot of variants such as Evil Hero Gaia/ DW Chaos / Ceruli Control / and the most popular Skill drain. this last one shuts down most of the tier 1 decks and the deck is CHEAP!!!!!
The Bad - Cards that makes this deck really good are secrets such Dark Smog/ Fabled Raven that are not really cheap but not 2 expensive, if u dont get something that let you discard u are stuck and is a really common deck so pleople knows how to play againts it.

2. Ninjas
ninjas ability to splash laggia and well is really popular cuz who the fuck didnt play he was a ninja before? CMON!!!!!!
The good - The deck has few to none variants but the one with dinosaurs splashes laggia. and the Super Transformation is a really strong card, and the deck searches its parts really well. Hanzo, upstart golden, even make BLS possible
The Bad - The deck is pretty Flashy but easily disrupted by S/T destruction and thunderking Rai oh. and its a little expensive but sort of reasonable.

3. Evolsaur
Dinosaurs finally gets a pretty decent archtype that works as a toolbox pretty similar to gladiator beast and their Xyz are the most controlling ones currently in the game.
The Good - Pretty consistant toolbox and XYZ are really game changers, good stats decent effects and decent searchability makes the deck potentially annoying as hell
And the best of all right now its pretty cheap except for Dolka laggia being 15 dls online
The Bad - if u draw evolsaurs instead of evolites is deadraws, the since the last YCS top 36 showing the deck gained popularity so expect them to go up in prices

4. Six Samurais
The deck gets back SSS, so searchability is getting better and Ascesticism makes possible Naturia synchro plays. and all the swarmability is still instant
The good - deck can overswarm any other deck and the naturia and samurai controls are really good and takes control pretty easily
The Bad - Deck its not good with combacks so if u lose control most of the time u are out.
The worse - Same as Ninja is a really popular deck so price ranges are kinda high for this deck and YCS Mexico Made a hype again for em

5. Lightworns
Konami some how wants this deck and Variants to see more play getting lumina back is back
The Good - Deck has a lot of Explosiveness with 3 JD and lucksacks a lot :p na being serious with Eclipse Wyvern and the ability to gold sarc JD is a really good tool, and garoth will be more playable with lumina at 2. The better is the deck is getting common reprints so is cheaper, way way cheaper
The bad - the deck really needs to lucksacks, sometimes u mill bad u simply fail

6. Chaos Dragons
The deck Summons Heavy heaters like there is no Tomorrow and creates comebacks really fast, can overpower synchros and Xyz's
The Good - as i said before doesnt need synchros or Xyz to overpower those cards, its pretty cheap to build it.
The Bad - deck is cheap is gonna hype a lot so everybody is gonna be ready for em. and can lead to really bad hands

7. Karakuri
The deck has showed some potential for several formats but is lacking something,
The good - The deck is pretty cheap. Can Overspeed consistantly any other deck and can go for Naturia Beast and Barkion also pretty consistently
The bad - For some reason the deck tends to Not win lol .. those reasons are Solem Warnings, Maxx C and Veiler , u can minus yourself when opponent uses this or can give ur opponent a huge advantage

8 Doppel Synchron
ok the Synchron series is awesome and fun to use
The good - heavy hitters, a lot of speed, and a lot of outs, the deck is not that expensive
The Bad - The deck is pretty self explanatory and self played, and people wont really like it without, Plants Cuz they will miss the Over power

9 Heroes
with the upcoming tin Shinning and Acid available this guys will get a lot of hype
The good - The deck wins, a lot of 1x1 , its not that expensive and heroes have tons and a tons and tons of reprints so its kinda cheap
The bad - Alius abuse is boring BORING!!!! BORING!!!! OMG ITS SO BORING

Those cards can make u easily win some locals and not get overpowered as bad vs any deck

Now im gonna go with decks that aint as good as the ones i mentioned but have a lot of potential so is a good idea to have em in hand

Scraps
The deck is really consistant but not as explosive as the other decks, and is really hurted by comonly used cards. but still is a safe investment and decent deck but scrap dragon is a costly and neccesary card

Gravekeeper
The deck is Cheap, consistant and really commonly used so most people will be ready for this and Royal tribute is the best card on their arsenal but is not good vs DW a really common and popular deck

Monarch/ frog monarch
Extremely Cheap, consistant not to fun imo. but is always good for any starting format

Gadgets and variants
Always consistant, always good for any given format. also cheap

Gladiator Beast
Always in the same Status Quo no changes even when the format change they dont they are simply ok. and fun to use. and pretty cheap

Flamvells
This deck is heavy hitter,they synchro really easily and with the lavals will see some play, also is really cheap, the expensive part are the synchros u want to run with them.

Worms
antimeta, a lot of bounce and really really cheap. with a broken Trap card with all the light support.

Blackwings
Unfortunatly in TCG aint as good as the OCG but the deck is atill Good, playable and Cheap, but common as hell.

T.gs
this is not really a deck its just an Engine or a filler but can make a deck work but without 3 strikers wont be as good as it used to be ( if anyone makes a deck arounds their synchro bosses and works let me know )

now decks that have potential but not as good anymore or even had been and u should imo not invest in them

Infernity
Basic plays, has 2 many bad draws, but also good explosiveness. the deck is not really recommended imo but can make good plays. also is not Reccommended cuz its expensive for a tier 2 deck

Dragunity
HYPE HYPE HYPE , so the deck is still around, and still synchros pretty consistant, but is not good enough. and even worse Vajagina or whatever the name is. its still really Expensive on its own.

if i let any other deck out of the list its cuz i didnt though of it, so sorry and let me know
if u differ from any of my opinions im sorry, i just went with realistic points of view leaving some of my favorite decks out of the list or just as GOOD to have

Hope this is useful for you
NERO LWO OUT
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the Format    Deck for the Format  EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 6:39 pm

I agree with almost everything u said and the best part was

Quote :
The bad - Alius abuse is boring BORING!!!! BORING!!!! OMG ITS SO BORING

so boring that I can't remember the last time I brought heroes to locals o.0
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the Format    Deck for the Format  EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 6:43 pm

Omg i rather see inzektors take nuke all my field than watching
stratos for alius,
gemini spark to alius
Hero blast for alius,
Super poly from alius .....
Back to top Go down
Dukemon

Dukemon

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the Format    Deck for the Format  EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 6:44 pm

Very well done. Thanks for the analysis
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/shane.weston
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the Format    Deck for the Format  EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 6:46 pm

thanks for taking ur time for reading Sir Alex Lucard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the Format    Deck for the Format  EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:37 pm

I can already see how the OCG is unfolding, but it'll be interesting to see what people use to combat Tier 1 this format.

Great article, Nero.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the Format    Deck for the Format  EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 12:42 am

Come on Alius is not as boring as rabbit or wind-up... Plus, you forgot to mention the Bubble beat in them, it adds more play to the game. From my exp, I loved to OTK T.G. Stun (September format) and love winning vs meta with it, that's why I am building it IRL (missing 1 s poly, 2 blade armor ninjas and some common stuff that I will get for sure....AND a shining (why u not legal in Europe till 20th? T.T))

New aspect for wind-ups is that there are some good wind-up stun builds, that require actual skill.... so might go for that too (no need to only loop with them). I actually suspect them becoming more of a stunish deck then the loop version that is being used atm, it only needs a good kick off and a few good sample builds.

As we were chatting on DGA chat, we actually came across an idea about a deck that might work... Lancer Inzektor, imagine Insect Imitation on Ronin? Very Happy

BW - cheap (a plus), common - depends on the build... Deck needs skill, so even if it is common, not all can pull it off... I play them IRL and win vs meta (last locals I went 5-0 in swiss and if u say locals has no skill.... our locals have the UK champ in them and ofc other good players... (some topped in YCS)) - deck still good if u know how to use it and how to side Razz

Evolsaur are interesting and descent, want to see more of them Smile

GK are not bad vs current meta, but still BORING to play and to play vs them too... BORING!!!

Karakuri - a deck that needs skill and is good, might even consider building one after I manage to get all my hero stuff and get bored of it.

Good article Smile
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
Dukemon

Dukemon

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the Format    Deck for the Format  EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:13 am

Karakuris are fun. I think it's the thought of what to summon when is what really messes players up because they worry about extending too far rather than making an impressive play & swinging with it, but that's just my thought on it. Personally i like them & i'll be playing them among some other decks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/shane.weston
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the Format    Deck for the Format  EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:53 am

Thanks for your replys
and Vongola Trust me Alius Abuse is BORING!!!!!! its oh cmon!!!!! why is always the white ranger on the field and just like in the series he never dies and never know when to Stop coming back. ( yeah man i loved the show that was frustrating... same as alius)

and for the blackwing comment. they are good is always to have em i have em on a binder. but they are pretty common and anyone knows how to play around em.
is really different how a player with skill can win with it, and how the deck actually works, if and average player, using BW faces an Average player using inzektor, ( considering same skill and same luck and the stacking ability is out of this fact) the inzektor has an advantage. thats what im trying to do with this article

Cuz i know some people have good plays with X saber, but i dont even consider it good anymore and i love the deck
And i know theres a monk in the mountains that is undefeated with an ojama deck( and yes the legends also says he is bald and is always using a G String!!!!!) but cmon im not talking about skill im talking about deck facts .
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the Format    Deck for the Format  EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 4:05 am

Great article and breakdown to potential decks. I'm one of the boring e hero users but soon enough it'll be the blue ranger everyone is going to hate seeing now xD Bubbleman
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the Format    Deck for the Format  EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 4:14 am

Quincy99 wrote:
Great article and breakdown to potential decks. I'm one of the boring e hero users but soon enough it'll be the blue ranger everyone is going to hate seeing now xD Bubbleman

i though blue ranger was ocean. bubbleman aint like a fat kid dress like blue ranger in halloween?
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the Format    Deck for the Format  EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 4:19 am

Shocked you are right. Well bubble is the ranger that bought his way into the team xD. But I cant wait for the next ycs. I want to see which rouge deck will do well
Back to top Go down
Merlin

Merlin

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the Format    Deck for the Format  EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 12:33 pm

Thanks nerolwo, this is a great analysis of the new format. Being a LS player, I'm glad that Lumina is at 2... this now gives us some hope!

Great overview Smile
Back to top Go down
Minako

Minako

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the Format    Deck for the Format  EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:14 pm

You must be biased against Heros because I could say almost all decks are boring. 90% of plays your opponent starts you will know card for card what they will play. You also should forgot to mention that gold ninja gets his ass handed to him by veiler. Maxx "c" hurts pretty bad too.

Dark World are even worse because they are very inconsistent. They can explode but...they are just sooooooo inconsistent. T.G. may have taken quite a hit because of Striker going to 1 but I don't think they are quite as dead as you believe but time will tell. Speaking of Striker to 1. You forgot to mention Agents.
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/
The MNZ Satellite Cannon

The MNZ Satellite Cannon

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the Format    Deck for the Format  EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 4:40 pm

I'll give a suggestion to Frognarch players: i am actually running a version with Verz Coppélial and Jinzo along Caius and Genex Engine to abuse Locomotion R-Genex. Try it out.

A deck that i believe that will get tier 2 is Wattlock Deck. Inzektors can't pop field, Dark World can do nothing but remove backrow, Wind-Up can't attack and screw-up and Dino Rabbit cannot attack and cannot negate Hopper effect. Who wanna risk? Let's all play Watt...
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the Format    Deck for the Format  EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 9:24 pm

Minako wrote:
You must be biased against Heros because I could say almost all decks are boring. 90% of plays your opponent starts you will know card for card what they will play. You also should forgot to mention that gold ninja gets his ass handed to him by veiler. Maxx "c" hurts pretty bad too.

Dark World are even worse because they are very inconsistent. They can explode but...they are just sooooooo inconsistent. T.G. may have taken quite a hit because of Striker going to 1 but I don't think they are quite as dead as you believe but time will tell. Speaking of Striker to 1. You forgot to mention Agents.

OK i really got interest in this reply
first, yes i dont like heroes cuz is the same play over and over again, doesnt even care what ur opponent sides or what u are going vs. some other deck even change that EVEN GK when facing Dragunity changes. HEROES DOES NOT
is 90% of the decks are boring iyour opinion , why do u continue playing?
and ninja yes get hurt by MAxx C and Veiler.... like almost every other deck in the format thats why Veiler is a 25 $ card and Maxx C is a 110 $ currently .... so what ur point? are u biased vs Ninjas?

Dark world is inconsistat well, Yes they are but still they continue winning so why the hate?
Tg.s aint used as a Deck and as i mentioned Are used As an ENGINE and i do recoomend to get em.

and about agents, i said what IMO!!!! u will see at the beggining of the format and a lot of players ( most of em) hate when their deck gets hit, and since the deck was hit dramatically is gonna be a little Downfall at the beggining of the format for Agents. but i didnt saw the need to mention that but oh well

just in Case PLANTS AINT GONNA SEE MUCH PLAY EITHER AT THE BEGGINING OF THE FORMAT

Thanks for reading my article, anyway

and for MNZ cannon
i havent seen any of either deck in action this past format ( and i mean working) so if u can provide us with a decklist or even better a deck analysis and ur tech choices would be awesome
Back to top Go down
Minako

Minako

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the Format    Deck for the Format  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 5:39 am

nerolwo wrote:
Minako wrote:

OK i really got interest in this reply
first, yes i dont like heroes cuz is the same play over and over again, doesnt even care what ur opponent sides or what u are going vs. some other deck even change that EVEN GK when facing Dragunity changes. HEROES DOES NOT
is 90% of the decks are boring iyour opinion , why do u continue playing?
and ninja yes get hurt by MAxx C and Veiler.... like almost every other deck in the format thats why Veiler is a 25 $ card and Maxx C is a 110 $ currently .... so what ur point? are u biased vs Ninjas?

Dark world is inconsistat well, Yes they are but still they continue winning so why the hate?
Tg.s aint used as a Deck and as i mentioned Are used As an ENGINE and i do recoomend to get em.

and about agents, i said what IMO!!!! u will see at the beggining of the format and a lot of players ( most of em) hate when their deck gets hit, and since the deck was hit dramatically is gonna be a little Downfall at the beggining of the format for Agents. but i didnt saw the need to mention that but oh well

just in Case PLANTS AINT GONNA SEE MUCH PLAY EITHER AT THE BEGGINING OF THE FORMAT

Thanks for reading my article, anyway

Alright, you just pissed me off. You said this.

nerolwo wrote:
if i let any other deck out of the list its cuz i didnt though of it, so sorry and let me know if u differ from any of my opinions im sorry, i just went with realistic points of view leaving some of my favorite decks out of the list or just as GOOD to have

So, I pointed out that you missed Agents because, you said that if you left something out, it's because you just forgot about it. I thought I was helping but instead you exploded on me about it.

I stated that by your hero logic, I could say all decks are boring. Not that I actually find them boring. So I will not quit ygo if you don't mind. Of course all decks get hurt by veiler and "c" but that wasn't my point. My point was veiler leaves gold ninja on the field waiting for an ass whoopin while being a 141 play while veiler is normally a -1. It's the same reason summoner monk stopped seeing play.

I'm not biased against ninjas. I didn't go into a huge rant against them. I was trying to point out something you didn't state so you could add it to your article. I thought you would appreciate the help.

I am a Dark World user and I have no hate for them. I find the deck to be inconsistent and I don't use them as much because they are lacking something. I wish something would come along to give them a bit of a boost. From what I've seen, they aren't winning and I wonder what makes you think the are.

My post was intended to be constructive but you turned around and got bitchy with me so imo you can go fuck yourself. Have a good day, teach.

Oh, on a side note, I did enjoy the read.
Back to top Go down
Wolf Ryski

Wolf Ryski

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the Format    Deck for the Format  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 5:46 am

lovin these biased article writers Cool

btw on the hero note. hero's have SO MANY PLAYS, its unbelievable, i can pull just about any sort of play in the book out of my deck for any situation. Hero decks are one of the few remaining skill intensive decks in this format. And no, i'm not talking about those light stun decks, or hero beat decks. My hero deck is unlike anything you've thought of. I say this because if you knew what our hero decks were, you wouldn't say they're boring or that they only do 1 move.

I'll give you a hint. its not a meta.
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the Format    Deck for the Format  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 7:25 am

Minako , sorry didnt want to offend you, but if u post something aggressive i will receive the same crap u give to others, go and review your first post and i got exactly what u asked with that shitty attitude.

being constructive is way different from being a simple critic saying YOU ARE WRONG, YOU ARE BAD, and YOU MAKE NO SENSE still thanks for your reply just dont complain of my respond just attack me back. well u already did that. so i guess we are even.

and to wolf
most of the Hero decks are simply Alius abuse, and i know there are some others like, Bubble Blade this one i think is the more skilled of em , Fusion Gate is another one but its not as consistant . but still the ones that i have seen in competitive play have been Light Beat/ Alius Abuse.
Back to top Go down
Minako

Minako

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the Format    Deck for the Format  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 7:41 am

My attitude wasn't shitty. If you took it that way, then I'm sorry but I pointed out what I meant. I responded correctly in regards to the things you said in the OP. You asked for more opinions then attacked me when I gave some.

Also, I never once said you were wrong about anything. Unless you mean the biased hero thing and I wasn't attacking you but was asking if you just have something against them. Because I don't find them boring at all. So your saying they were boring multiple times in multiple posts looked biased to me. You said you'd rather get inzektor looped than hero looped and considering an inzektor up can be much more dangerous imo, I...well, you got the rest.

The rest was me trying to add things that I thought you may have forgotten which happens when you write a lot. If it seems like I was trying to call you out then my apologies. That really wasn't my intent.

I am sorry for the misunderstanding though and I can see how you would have taken the biased thing the wrong way since I worded it poorly. Please forgive me for that.
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the Format    Deck for the Format  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 8:29 am

I notice the word "biased" being tossed around a lot here so, lemme help:

Biased:
Verb:
Show prejudice for or against (someone or something) unfairly

Opinion:
Noun:
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.

Notice how they aren't the same.
Back to top Go down
Wolf Ryski

Wolf Ryski

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the Format    Deck for the Format  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 8:34 am

sar·casm
   [sahr-kaz-uhm]
noun
harsh or bitter derision or irony.
a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

Synonyms
1. sardonicism, bitterness, ridicule. See irony1. 2. jeer.

I like this game, we should play it more often
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the Format    Deck for the Format  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 8:42 am

no problem minako and also its just part of writing stuff, u get feedback and i need to be always ready for taking shit and throw in it back but dont misunderstand is nothing againts you, is just giving you my full attention :p and if u can see , everytime or almost of all the time i thanks for the reply individually unless is a cool story bro.

and as always, Frost thanks for your superior Knoweldge and for sharing with us.
long live the snowman

Wolf..... interesting how u took a real comment and made a joke of it. i cant say i like it, but i feel that is cool. so i just said interesting ..... Really interesting.
Back to top Go down
Wolf Ryski

Wolf Ryski

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the Format    Deck for the Format  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 8:58 am

Nero i was simply replying to frost who had replied to me.

my comment being "lovin these biased article writers Cool"

which was, of course, sarcastic.
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the Format    Deck for the Format  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 9:31 am

Minako wrote:
My post was intended to be constructive but you turned around and got bitchy with me so imo you can go fuck yourself. Have a good day, teach.

^this wasn't sarcastic in any way.

EDIT: My post wasn't in response to anyone. Was just a general statement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the Format    Deck for the Format  Empty

Back to top Go down

Deck for the Format
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next