Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDeck for the format I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deck for the format

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

Deck for the format Empty
PostSubject: Deck for the format   Deck for the format EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 5:31 am

Hello to all DGA and again here i am with a mini Article because of some question i have been asked pretty reclently

ok so one thing that i mentioned in my other artcile was the big ans scary feeling that somebody gets when March and September comes by
yeah that nasty nasty feeling of ... is my deck gonna be hit? am i still gonna be able to win using this deck ???

So let me give you some basics thoughs about this format and what should u run or spend some money on

so basically im gonna discuss what imo is viable and not so lets start with what i think is gonna be Tier 1 decks

Six Samurai - ok so i know what you all are thinking ok Nero you already say it Stop making so much deal about it ... let me tell NO!!!
this is a really good deck and deserves a chance. they have Shi ens negation eff, swarm ability, Searchability god that they search and draw , making them really really consistent, and also a lot of destruction
the bad think for Samurai players - all the hate yeah Samurai hate packing. every single duelist that you will see on regionals or even locals are afraid of this old MOTHER swordsmen so they will be packing heavy Side deck againts them so prepare for hard game 2 and 3
so you should - Go for it, but remeber this guys resemble 1 thing CASH!!!!!

Frog Monarch/Formula Monarch
ok this deck was not touch at all by the ban list; maybe cold wave but cmon they can do a lot with out it
the good - This deck has a lot of Drawing because of formula Abuse, they dont need to spend a lot of hand to make their basic plays and their gain control pretty easy and summon 2400 beaters
The Bad - well their main engine is treeborn frog and fishborg blaster if you dont get them to the grave they will slow down. and players are already packing crevice from D.D. and/or Soul release cuz also help with other decks
so you should - Go for it and not to mention the deck is quite cheap to build, perfect for low/moderate budget players, and is kinda autopilot deck

X sabers
Before anything as a former Saber duelist let me remind you something this deck got to be awesome because of TCG exclusives, and when theyll get them in the ocg they are gonna hurt this deck as lightsworns before them.
The Good- X sabers have their own maraudin captain with 1900 atk, their own Sangan.. at 3 easy searchable by Super Nimble Mega hamster and Recycleable, 3 potential Heavy Storms named hyunlei, a Huge or maybe the Biggest Boss monster and Handisruptor Gottoms, Monster Reborn Foultroll and Necroguardna/ Fulhemknight, also i forgot to mention Spirit reaper passul and giant rat Emmerblade
so yeah this deck has a lot!!! u can pretty reasily dominate any standard/decent player and can go 1 on 1 with a lot of players
the bad - remember heavy TCG xclusives, and also they have been around for a long time now so mostly... well ALL players know how to play around them
So you should - go for it having in mind that TCG exclusives are Xpensive and even the reprints arent that easy to get and most players consider them Money Cards

Gravekeepers
This deck is quite awesome preventing other decks from doing their grave plays and with the nasty combo that can most of the time put a WIN under your belt
The Good - This Archtype have stalling , seachability , hand disruption, swarmability, and is kinda antimetaish ( is that a word????) and is easy to play
the bad - to make this deck a really succesfull deck you are talking about Pot of Duality and Solem Warning, also this deck has kinda limited plays imo one of my friend got sick of it in a single week end even when he won a semi local tourney with it ( lets all pitch in and who ever wins gets 5 boosters packs )
so you should - consider that you can make this deck on a really low budget, BUT u will need to put some CASH in order to really make it big

ok after the Top tier 1 Decks that i bet we all gonna see
lets go for what you should also Consider for real competition Does and donts

i dont think like a lot of people on this ok this is based on what typical and basic playstyle of the deck so please PLEASE!!!! dont come and tell me oh yeah well i kick 12 six samurai Decks fully builded from some YCS and reagional Toppers with my ojama Deck so why is not on the list? ok ?? i mean it

these are decks you all should consider seeing or even try for this next format

Machina/Gadgets
This deck is really antimeta centered , can go 1 on 1 with any deck and can be annoying as hell they are really competitive at any level and the best part is you can just spend 30 bucks and make this deck most of the time in good players hands the deck can pay itselft,
the Good - good engine and with Warning to 1 the deck can function better, no cold wave better chances of not getting nuke, the deck generated decent card advantage with a bunch of 1 x 1
the bad - 1 single Card can destroy a bunch of set up and change the tables Chimeratech fortress dragon can Clear all your monsters with a single cyber dragon
and Blackrose nuke eff really can devastate this deck. another downside everyone know how to play around it

Gladiator Beast
My favorite and signature deck. this guys have been here for a very long time surviving every single format as a decent deck ever since they falled to Tele-DAD and the big rivalry with Lightsworn cuz you can bet every single ORIGINAL Glad player hated lightsworns
The Good- Deck is consistent , antimetaish ( theres that word again) generated card advantage and can adapt easily with little to no side deck
The bad - as i said every one knows how to play around them, The deck can adapt very well but alot of players dont. PRISMA/TIGER is not viable you asswholes, veiler disrupts a 2 card play , warning disrupts a 2 card play cmon!!!!. Also Stardust Dragon can be a pain in the A-Double S.
So you should - Dont touch it if you are new to the game. but also is a recently a low budget deck and is perfect for the beggining of any format so you could invest in this deck ,knowing you can have a viable deck for every format starting month

Light Beat
i hate this deck and honestly is Autopilot / boring to play and boring to play againts
The good - Autopilot. they only limmited honest big deal they still have a lot of hate packed in a boring high atk beaters deck
The bad - Boring to play and boring to play againt it
so you should - follow my advise dont try it i already did , 2 of my friends already did you get sick of it, also NOOO you cant run it without duality or warning cuz duality makes it over consistent and warning goes with the theme of playing solitary yeah you play with yourself and that it. ( light beat without the expensive cards is a little city or a light beat wanna be )

Lightsworns
The sacky kinda forgotten white Rulers from past formats
this deck was in their whole glory when ocg didnt knew about the exclusvies... hey Sabers Lightsworns says ZUP!!!!
the good - they still have judgement dragon, and a lot of good plays and the unlimiting of Chaos Sorcerer makes Twilight ( hate that name, that movie suck-ass , and my Almost EX wife made me watch it like 2 times) a little bit more consistent and can make new antisynchro plays
The bad - the deck is not what it used to be, old Lightsworn players havent adapted, and also the luck sack is no longer a big deal on the deck
so you should - Not go for this if you are specting easy wins, but go for it for a cheap/fun deck also if you want a challange this format , funny during LS format i saw a tournament report of a guy Topping 16 with six samurais packing Dimensional Fissure Main deck, maybe this time i would read a Lightsworn duelist tournament Report of topping a regional packing some anti Samurai Tech

Blackwings/Vayu Turbo
They got hit, they got hurt and they are the new Glads , yup you heard me, im a former BW player, they are still good i admit it but dont spect the same success from the pass 2 or 3 formats ok?
The good , viable deck totally viable and even the Vayu Turbo version is kinda good, the acelerated draw power and searchability are still intact and good players can still abuse it. the key word is GOOD
The bad - the deck got hit by ban list and now is harder to pilot. its less broken and less consistent
You should - Avoid buying this deck or at least dont spend a lot of money on it. dont think you will gonna have the same success or the same easy matches. take this as the time to analyse your ability piloting this deck, Was it me ? or was the brokeness of the deck ???

Quickdraw/Plants/debris hime
ok so the limitation of Dandylion and the semi limitation of Debris Dragon plus the cold wave getting banned really hurted this deck
the good - both deck can still make the same plays and shenanigans, Drill warrior and shooting star Dragon are still a pain in the but, you can still have the Flexibility that plants give to this 3 decks but the use of dandylion and debris dragon now have to be analysed carefully in order to get a big advantage
the bad - i dont think is gonna be able to abuse- over play other decks as it used to
you should. dont spend a lot of money on this deck but surely dont stop playing it cuz still remains with a lot of potential and also can make you develop that sensibility to prevent or even to mind read other players because the deck got a greater level of difficulty to piloting it

Sorry for forgotting about this guys
Infernity - ok so the deck basically didnt lose anything because well they wouldnt even pack triple book; they lost goyo. but since they came in after all that hype they result to be really easy to side againts making them not very viable, also in other countries Thousand eyes dragon is ilegal as absolute zero. but this doesnt mean u wont see some of this in play from all that people who spend their money on them because of the hype... btw im selling mine lol
the good - the deck wasnt really affected by bannlist, tishula probably will make them good again because of the easy way to synchro a lv 9 several times per duel. they can still otk or build a big set up with their triple Barrier and Solem judgement
The bad - Gravekeepers lol of this deck, they are really predictable and sidedeckable, kinda hard to comeback after you lose advantage and is kinda based on lucksacking
you should - dont spend too much money on this guys, if you already have them, heavy tech againts top tier decks, and play aggressively.
now the following decks are Also for me in this category but they are kinda new or have never been in That HOT SPOT

Flamvell
Yeah this deck has been for a while now; but has been really underated, this deck has otk potential, high beaters flexible synchroing because of the variety of tuners, you can go shooting star dragon from a single reklinding, is a very viable engine and not focused or limited to an attribute or single strategy play, really good for begginers and low budget players or if you want to try something new, also remember at the beggining of the format a lot of decks are still being tested with a lot of tech, so is the best chance you have to be suceesful withh this deck

Hopless Dragon
yeah even with some few players topping with this kinda decks; it havent have that much of an impact, and the deck can be really xplosive. the deck is kinda consistent and can go antimetaish ( mm maybe it is a word ?) , not really good for low budget players, definetly not good for im going all out playstyle players. is more like a set up kinda thing. but definetly after sidecking this deck can do a lot of damage. try it out also for more information you could search on youtube Dragonduelistgirl really pretty girl and awesome the way she pilots dragons and also a better understanding on how to operate this underated deck

Karakuri
Ok this deck is kinda funny to look at and every latino is LOL for their new synchro the BURRITO!!!!
but in all seriousness the deck has amazing draw engine, and can generate a big card advantage, being the underdog and being overlooked because of other decks success, this deck could really be not spected by other players, in other words other than cyber dragon and chimeratech fortress , you dont need to worry againts standard players. actually i see this deck as future tournament winning contender

Dragunity
this is gonna be one of the basic replacements of Blackwings, actually spect a lot of players making some hybrids from this guys and blackwings, btw i want to see someone splashing Dark simorg with thses guys. the deck is very flexible and is gonna generate a little hype because of the Structure deck like before him Machina did. So if you are a blackwing player i think you would wanna try this deck out, and with the limitation of Book of moon is a little more viable

And Last but not least
Scrap
this deck is simply awesome, all the hybris i have meet with the exception of Scraptown have got a lot of good players a lot of success, easy to pilot, flexible deck. excelent for moderate/experienced players and i cant say to begginers also because i have seen some local begginers that miracously got their hands on 1 or 2 scrap dragons.. and still they suck!!!!
and imo you will see this deck top easrly or maybe mid term during this format

if you have any question of any of these decks or even any other deck, post you deck on the deck center and please PM me if you want my opinion about tech or anything, remember theres a difference between a Damn good player and Damn good Latino player... We make everything with a little more Spicy flavor ohhhh yeah!!!!!

Well directly from the lone star State to you all
This is Nero saying

Thanks for reading this article and Nero Out

Last edited by nerolwo on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the format   Deck for the format EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:25 pm

Great article as usual Nero, +1 rep for you Very Happy. I like how you included Flamvells, I think they have a LOT of potential, there just aren't many good players who like them. I think I will post my Flamvell build later and we can all make them awesome Smile. My irl deck right now is QuickDraw and the banlist made me sad (although it was prertty predictable). I have lots of ideas but idk which one to do. Do I use the same build but add in tech to replace my 4 missing cards (2 Book, 1 dandy, and 1 debris)? Do I drop Tytannial and focus on summoning my one dandy with Lonefire? Do I try a more Chaos-like build? What's your opinion on Junk Synchron and Dopplewarrior? Dopple has a nice swarming eff and is a watered-down dandy, I see some potential in him. And I think him+junk will be more viable when TG Hyper Librarian hits the tcg Very Happy
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the format   Deck for the format EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 8:20 pm

even without the librarian the deck is pretty ok. i've been testing it at my locals and i've topped both times that i went. there were times were i really couldn've done better plays with goyo though Sad
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the format   Deck for the format EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 8:48 pm

well i still havent really playtested with or againts them but well Chaos plants look ridicously good, and also affordable , and still havent test or even see the junk dopple warrior on play , but ... i already have 3 so definetly try it out
post ur deck lets help each other out , i will post my 3 actual decks later on and if im lucky i will have all the six sams deck completed by next weekend
and btw i totally forgot about infernities
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the format   Deck for the format EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 10:58 am

updated the article with infernities cuz well is true after all the hype they made, there are a lot of players still running them because... we spend money on them lol
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the format   Deck for the format EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 1:14 pm

Thats a very nice article bro ;)I agree with most of your tiers except for 2 things and I'm gonna explain why

1st : You forget the FISH Deck : Fish is Definitly staying tier 1. The only thing this deck lost is actaly cold wave and they play gold sarcs to get trunade and sarc is at 3 right now so Fish is a deck to worry about for the whole format ! They are even better than formala monarchs because they are just FASTER and speed is definitly what will make you win in this new format.

2nd : Light beat is going to tier 1. The old anti meta light beat deck dont exist no more. Shining is out now so we droped the whole anti meta aspect and changed it for speed, synchros and awsome fusuions. Super poly and miracle Fusion will rule the format !!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
TinyCrash

TinyCrash

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the format   Deck for the format EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 1:26 pm

Great article! But what about Fish Otk and Shining? =O
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the format   Deck for the format EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 2:22 pm

hey dont copy me you bastard Razz
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the format   Deck for the format EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:28 pm

true on both of them scorp btw thanks for reading the article
but for your statement let me answer you with my same article

light beat - Dont play it. its just too FN boring
and Fish - Sorry about it, didnt really consider it

i will spend more time on my article next time to make sure not to forget about any aspect
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the format   Deck for the format EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 2:16 am

Man that article was greath, dont misunderstand me plz but I wil still play my heroes even if you tell me not to XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deck for the format   Deck for the format Empty

Back to top Go down

Deck for the format
Page 1 of 1