Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVery Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ

Go down 
+11
TheRuler
Helpn
Shadow
Quincy99
Nivedo
Princess Hyakka
TMiracle
Dukemon
NoUserName
Harper7000
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ Empty
PostSubject: Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ   Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:11 am

Hey guys, Harper7000 here with a load of important announcements! DGA is having a huge makeover, in more ways than one. We'll cover this step by step.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off, the question that's probably on all of your minds: what the heck happened to my rank? Well we decided to completely redo the ranking and testing system here in DGA. There are several reasons for this. First off, it's hard to effectively judge someone's skill in a single match. There are people who were Archfiends that should have been Stardust but drew badly, and there were Stardusts who should have been Archfiends but drew well. We who were Testers did a good job (i think) of judging, but ultimately the system wasn't as good as it could have been. Second, it's like everyone else. Seriously, ALL academies have that system. If we want DGA to stay the best, we have to be the innovaters of the dueling world. Third, it takes way too much time from the Testers. Seriously. I even LIKE testing but it began to take over most of the time i had for yugioh to test people for DGA or ADA every 2 seconds. And because of that, the testees had to wait longer as well, as I'm sure some of you noticed. Fourth, we have only a few reasons to spend DGA Points and build up Experience. With the new ranking system, Points and Experience are both a vital part that you will want to build up ASAP. Fifth, this is supposed to be an "academy" right? Meaning we actually teach you guys stuff...thing is, we haven't had the time because we're testing new members every waking minute, some of which leave DGA right after their test. Now that the testing system is different, we can put more energy into writing new articles and deck profiles for you guys! So what IS the new rank system then? Well...it's the OLD rank system lol. Except now the way you get there is different. All ranks have been reset except for Vesta (who are our war team) and Teachers (who will play a more important role now). DGA Points and Exp have also been reset. Your DGA Rank will now depend on your Exp Level. Here's how it will go:

Dueling Levels:

0. - Freshman
1. - Get after reaching 100 Experience. When you reach Dueling Level 1, you will automatically enter the Blackrose Violet Dorm
2. - Get after reaching 250 Experience. At this level, you have an opportunity to buy an Archfiend Red Test for 500 DGA Points
3. - Get after reaching 425 Experience. At this level, you have the opportunity to buy a Stardust Blue Test for 500 DGA Points
4. - Get after reaching 750 Experience. At this level, you have the opportunity to apply for Teacher. You do not need to pay for this test, and the test will be to PM your article to a member who is already a Teacher, preferably Scorpion67, and they will judge if it is good enough. At this level of exp, you also have the opportunity to get permissions to organise tournaments and an opportunity to buy a "title" of your choice for 250 DGA Points. Please note that you may NOT buy a title that already exists but does not apply to you (Such as Admin, King of Games, etc.).
5- Get after reaching 1000 Experience. At this level, you have the opportunity to buy a Vesta Test for 1000 DGA Points. The Vesta Dorm will remain a dorm to be attained by invite as well.

As such, the Tester rank has been completely done away with. If you want a test, ask an administrator. If you fail the test, you will be dropped back to your previous level. For example, if you fail the Archfiend Test, you will be dropped back to Level 1. It's also important to note that the rule still applies that if you are not a certain rank, you may not post decks in the Deck Center. You can only post decks there when you reach the Blackrose Violet level, Freshman may NOT post decks. However, Blackrose requires no test, just 100 Experience, so it won't take long, believe me. But it DOES prevent people who come in, get a deck fix from pros, and leave. Current Deck Center topics will remain open for fixing, but DO NOT post new topics until you reach at least Blackrose Violet level. The Tourney rule has been revoked though. Freshman are free to enter tournies, but remember that the Blacklist still applies, so be active. Also for those who are using the DGA Rank Userbars, please remove them until you reach that level again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that you know the new ranking system, we can go over how the new tests will happen:

Archfiend Test - 500 DGA Points
For this test, you must answer 10 Rulling/Dueling Scenario Questions. There will be five different Archfiend Tests, all with different questions. This is so if you fail, we can give you a different test. If you have enough Experience and enough DGA Points, ask an Admin for one of the five tests and we will send them by PM and give you 30 minutes to answer. You must get at least 8/10 questions to pass the test. No dueling is involved in this test and the 500 DGA Points go to the Tester.

Stardust Blue Test - 500 DGA Points
For this test, you must answer 5 Rulling/Dueling Scenario Questions, just as you do for Archfiend, but each question is worth 2 points. There will be five different Stardust Blue Tests, all with different questions. For this test, you must also duel a match with the Tester. 10 points max are given to you for the dueling part, and you must make a total of 16/20 overall. The 500 DGA Points go to the Tester.

Vesta Test - 1000 DGA Points
No information is currently available

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next up, we revamped the Points and Experience system a bit.

Tournament prizes we decided are the same:

1st - 500 DGA Points and 75 Experience
2nd - 250 DGA Points and 50 Experience
3rd - 100 DGA Points and 25 Experience

The Duel Arena is officially reopened. The Shadow Duel Arena is soon to be revamped so it is still closed. Here's how it will now work:

Freshman
vs Freshman = 20 DGA Points/ 10 Experience
vs BRD = 30 DGA Points/ 15 Experience
vs RDA = 40 DGA Points/ 20 Experience
vs SD/Vesta = 60 DGA Points/ 25 Experience

Blackrose Violet
vs Freshman = 20 DGA points/ 5 Experience
vs BRV = 30 DGA points/ 10 Experience
vs RDA = 40 DGA points/ 15 Experience
vs SD/Vesta = 60 DGA points/ 20 Experience

Red Dragon Archfiend
vs Freshman = 20 DGA points/ 3 Experience
vs BRV = 30 DGA points/ 5 Experience
vs RDA = 40 DGA points/ 10 Experience
vs SD/Vesta = 60 DGA points/ 15 Experience

Stardust Blue/Vesta
vs Freshman = 20 DGA points/ 1 Experience
vs BRV = 30 DGA points/ 3 Experience
vs RDA = 40 DGA points/ 5 Experience
vs SD/Vesta = 60 DGA points/ 10 Experience

There is now a section for Teachers' Classrooms. Articles and the Teacher rank will now play a much bigger part in DGA as I mentioned earlier, so Teachers will also receive DGA Points when they write an article. We are still working on the exact amount right now, word on that will come later. Official articles will be posted in the Teachers' Classrooms, and the Articles section will remain open for those who wish to post their own articles. You are encouraged to do so, and if it's good enough, we may give you DGA Points as well.

Please welcome our new Blackrose Violet Leader: rjuto! *cue trumpet fanfare*. From now on, Dorm Leaders will not be picked based on dorm, but on leadership skills and activity, as well as maybe some skill. Darkness evil, our Stardust Leader, came in second in YCS DGA 2, Quincy, our Archfiend Leader, came in 4th in YCS DGA, and rjuto...you guys know rj, he's pro Very Happy. Freshman will not have a Dorm Leader. Dorm Leaders will also play a bigger part now. When people start moving their ranks back up again, the Dorm Leaders will make Leagues for their respective dorms, similar to the BRD League, but with more events than even that. Also, Dorm Leaders will be expected to prep their members who are about to test up to the next dorm.

Genesis Guilds will be reopened soon. However, we have some new ideas for them as well, so we're still working on them. One thing we do know is that everyone will be kicked from the Guilds and must reapply. There are several reasons for this. One, not everyone is still active here. Two, it was balanced by rank before and now the ranks are reset so your preference will be taken into account more. TheRuler will still be in charge of it when it reopens

Lots of announcements huh? For the big boost in activity that we've given ADA, The Crocodile has generously offered to refresh DGA's Graphics, along with the help of the newly returned TMiracle. We will be redoing everything, from skins to banners to colors...lots of stuff. We decided on a brighter theme for DGA, since we've always been a dark forum. So be on the lookout for that!

Well I believe that's all for now! Phew! Enjoy the new system guys Cool. Harper out.

Last edited by Harper7000 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:25 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
NoUserName
NoUserName

PostSubject: Re: Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ   Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:24 am

aww, 25 duels just to get back to archfiend.......

Challenge Accepted

:3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ   Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:39 am

This is definitely a breath of fresh air for the forums. Such a unique system we've got setup now. Of course, this means I'll have to duel like nuts to get back to Stardust. Also, congrats to rj on becoming Black Rose Leader! With your excellent rulings knowledge and dueling abilities, you'll be the perfect person to help the Black Rose members and organize their events.

Oh, and a brighter forum is definitely going to be worth a gander when it's finished, so I can't wait for that. We could use one of those on ADA as well. lol

Also can't wait for the teachers to have a more important role around here. It'll be awesome to see what they cook up.

Long live DGA, the best academy out there!
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
Dukemon

Dukemon

PostSubject: Re: Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ   Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:52 am

Well i guess we're Oscar Mike now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/shane.weston
TMiracle

TMiracle

PostSubject: Re: Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ   Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:19 am

Who is dat crocodile? O_o
Back to top Go down
http://tmiracle.deviantart.com
Princess Hyakka
OCG/Casual Deck Builder
Princess Hyakka

PostSubject: Re: Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ   Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 1:41 pm

interestoing Smile
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ   Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 3:07 pm

well time to start testing/dueling with my deck like crazy now.
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

PostSubject: Re: Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ   Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 3:42 pm

Very interesting. Guess I need to up my activity here afro as well as step my dueling of members. All shall fear Relinquished!
Back to top Go down
Shadow

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ   Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:45 pm

All hail immunity!!
Nice work guys you got me excited Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Helpn

Helpn

PostSubject: Re: Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ   Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 8:27 pm

Awesome should be real easy to stay a Freshman now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ   Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:07 pm

Heh, after reading how well u did the announcement Harper, I would love to be a normal member again XD But I won't change, I love to do something for the new DGA Very Happy
Back to top Go down
тhε ßεтяαýεя
King of Games
King of Games
тhε ßεтяαýεя

PostSubject: Re: Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ   Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:48 pm

at least gimme my points for winning YCS DGA xD I am the king of games after all lol Cool
Back to top Go down
Matija91YGO

Matija91YGO

PostSubject: Re: Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ   Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:06 am

Well now it's my chance to get more exp Razz gj for doing this ^^
Back to top Go down
The Crocodile

The Crocodile

PostSubject: Re: Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ   Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:27 am

Thats great news harpah Very Happy

and TM we met today so you know me now Smile
Back to top Go down
The MNZ Satellite Cannon

The MNZ Satellite Cannon

PostSubject: Re: Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ   Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 2:02 pm

I am just mad cuz i lost my Archfiend Red rank... but now even BRD is good xD
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ   Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:30 am

Glad you guys have an overall positive response Smile. Because of some suggestions from members mostly and a few of our own thoughts, we have decided on a few other things:

The Experience Level Drop Penalty has been revoked. Now even if you fail the Archfiend or Stardust Test, your exp level will remain the same. This is because you still must pay 500 DGA Points every time. If we end up getting tests too often again we may reinstate the month wait rule, but we probably will keep the exp level the same.

Instant win, burn, stall, mill, FTK, and OCG have been banned from all Duel Arenas. If both players agree however, OCG is allowed.

You now receive half exp and points instead of 0 when you lose in a Duel Arena

We are working on more ways to get exp and points, and will probably revive quiz of the week soon as well. Keep the suggestions coming! I can't guarantee we'll use all of them but we've already had some good ones. Please post in the Suggestion Box though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ   Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ Empty

Back to top Go down

Very Important Announcements, EVERYONE READ
Page 1 of 1