Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMust Read This ! I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Must Read This !

Go down 
+21
JakeLegion
puddizzle
SabreW
The Crocodile
TheRuler
Amaretsu
Lavi
Stardust Dragon
redgar
bakura normal
Harper7000
kyosuke kiryu
Nivedo
rjuto
j0hnb0i
NotSoGallantGallade
darkness evil
Quincy99
BliTz
LegendaryFrost
Scorpion67
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Must Read This ! Empty
PostSubject: Must Read This !   Must Read This ! EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 9:44 am

I should Definitly stop drinking cuz alchool give me crazy Ideas I shouldn't have normaly. Ok lets go to the point. I had a new Idea for DGA but, I will need some specific persons with me to realise it. I am looking for a team, an Article team and a GFX'er team to work with me in a big project for this Academy and also for all the dueling network comunity.

This academy is already succesfull but we all know that we can do better than this, and for that we need to have some things on DGA that makes completly different than the other academies and forums all over the internet so I cam up with this Idea

DGA Dueling Magazine !

Yes I really said a Magazine. Now how can we do that. I will need 6-10 persons for this. I will need 2-3 GFX'ers and 3-7 Article makers. every magazine will be like 6 to 10 pages ( with cover ) and it will talk about all the news on Yugioh over the net, we will make articles to make players better, we will talk about hte new cards comming in each new set, some combos that those new cards will allow, the new archtyper comming up ETC...

the writing team will write the pages and the GFX team will make the backgrounds and insert images to make this look like a real magazine !

So as you can see, I can't realize all this alone. I will need a team to work with me and I am looking for some specific people to join my team too.

Possible Writers

Harper7000
Kiryu111
The Dutch Prince
Darkness Evil
Legendary Frost

Possible GFX

Stardust Dragon
TheRuler
Jake Legion
BliTz

that makes 9 with me but I still need some more help cuz probably some of the people I want wont accept.

Now if this works, we can upload a magazine every 2 months at the begining and then we can probably do it every month if the project really works and everyone do his dutty. we can post the 1st exemple in every academy we know and some popular forums and then post the rest of the magazines Just on DGA to make them have a reason to be here.

now this is just th beggining, What if this thing really works and people wants to read our magazine every month. Doing a magazine is a lot of work, at the end, if our magazine is in demand, maybe we can get some money out of our hard work, who knows Wink

What do you think people of DGA ?

-Scorpion67-

Last edited by Scorpion67 on Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

Must Read This ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Read This !   Must Read This ! EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 9:47 am

This will take a lot of hardwork......but that's never stopped us before, I'm all for this Very Happy Great idea
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Must Read This ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Read This !   Must Read This ! EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 10:01 am

Man this is what happens when you leave me home alone with a bottle of rhum and the facebook movie XD

EDIT : forgot to say, aply here if you wana be part of this project as a writer or a GFX'er
Back to top Go down
BliTz

BliTz

Must Read This ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Read This !   Must Read This ! EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 10:05 am

this project is huge to say the least.. i guess ill apply for the gfx position Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

Must Read This ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Read This !   Must Read This ! EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 10:07 am

I would be interested, I could do rouge deck profiles, and also talk about other things. We can discuss more over pm I guess
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Must Read This ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Read This !   Must Read This ! EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 10:11 am

thx for aplying guyz

Blitz : I know your good at GFX so ofx your in for the GFX team Smile

Quincy : never read an article from you tho, you will have to shoe me what you can do before I accept. Make one and send it to me by PM Wink
Back to top Go down
darkness evil

darkness evil

Must Read This ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Read This !   Must Read This ! EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 10:29 am

I guess i can do stuff during my spare time so ya
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

Must Read This ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Read This !   Must Read This ! EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 10:53 am

I don't know if I'd be all that good a writer (maybe for a guest writer thing or some random column or whatevs Razz ), but if you need an editor (like somebody to check grammar, reword stuff, etc.) then I'd be the man to ask.
Back to top Go down
http://ffgtfgtr.deviantart.com
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

Must Read This ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Read This !   Must Read This ! EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 2:31 pm

This sounds pretty epic. And you guys might be able to put some of your fan fics in there too haha
Back to top Go down
rjuto

rjuto

Must Read This ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Read This !   Must Read This ! EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 2:48 pm

Well, I'm new to DGA yet but I can help if needed.

I sent you a PM with an article I wrote recently Scorp.

The idea is epic btw.
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

Must Read This ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Read This !   Must Read This ! EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 3:47 pm

i could probably do some GFX, not sure if i will be any good but i will be going to school for it, so i would certainly be getting better as things go on.

but if nothing else i would be in the same position as NotSoGallantGallade where i COULD write an article or just be an editor to check for grammer and whatnot. but i could probably be more geared towards upcoming Archetypes, i mean right now i have a deck made for 3 of the archetypes that are out in duel terminal right now, so im sure i could write up their strong and weak points well enough. even single card articles.
Back to top Go down
kyosuke kiryu

kyosuke kiryu

Must Read This ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Read This !   Must Read This ! EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 3:50 pm

I am down D: been a while since I've written something good ;D
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Must Read This ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Read This !   Must Read This ! EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 4:30 pm

Wow I wasn't expecting so many people to be interested in helping. This thing might work Smile just one to be clear about something tho, if you offer to help you might have enough free time to do it. Everyone that applied here will be considerated. We will probably have the main writing team and then the helper and everyone will have chance to write in the magazine Smile

Put the fanfics there like a shonnen jump is also a greath Idea :)l

We still need some people to apply for this and then I will do a seperate section in DGA for the team working on this and we will start working on the stuff we will decide to put in our very 1st issue.
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

Must Read This ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Read This !   Must Read This ! EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 5:17 pm

well i cant wait for this to get started, i would actually love to be a part of something like this
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Must Read This ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Read This !   Must Read This ! EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 5:20 pm

I must say, it's an epic idea. It also will involve lots of work though. But it looks like there are lots of people interested so I think it's just crazy enough to work. At first I was sad bc I may not have enough free time but if the mods can take over competitions (like redgar, he's told me several times he can take over whenever), then I can focus on writing articles (and the DGA Chronicles Very Happy. Sorry it's been so long with that btw. I wrote a lot of it but it got erased somehow. I'll try to finish it soon)
Back to top Go down
bakura normal

bakura normal

Must Read This ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Read This !   Must Read This ! EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 8:58 pm

Hey mind if could be on gfx team?

Work is here: https://tdga.forumotion.com/t1633-bakura-showcase-i-guess-o#16968

Back to top Go down
redgar

redgar

Must Read This ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Read This !   Must Read This ! EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 12:32 am

Hahaha Scorp+Drink= epicness Razz

Yeah i d like to help in the writting team as well now at University my free time is more than enough.
Back to top Go down
Stardust Dragon

Stardust Dragon

Must Read This ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Read This !   Must Read This ! EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 1:01 am

aren't academies kinda like magazines ?
i mean we still post the news about everything in yugioh
and i don't really understand magazine i mean this may sound a bit stupid but do u mean like real magazines or just blogs or something like that ? xD

if u need my help tell me what u exactly need and ill think about it
Back to top Go down
Lavi

Lavi

Must Read This ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Read This !   Must Read This ! EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 2:49 am

Interesting idea.

I can help by writing fan-fiction stories,not too long and not too short...that is,if there's an agreement. There are magazines who has fan-fiction stories about 2-3 pages,but this is DGA Magazine we're talking about.
So...if its allowed,I can write a story and I can sent it to you (Scorpion) on PM,then you can tell me does it fit or not.

If the fan-fiction idea isn't working,I guess checking the grammar also would be a big help. Smile
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

Must Read This ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Read This !   Must Read This ! EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 2:55 am

I could write fan-fiction too, depending on what you would want/require for it. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://ffgtfgtr.deviantart.com
Amaretsu

Amaretsu

Must Read This ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Read This !   Must Read This ! EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 3:26 am

I suppose I could write some interesting things if it is a big help. I do have an awesome English degree so it will help.

Just as a heads-up though, we should make the writing so that it's easy enough to read for a Grade 7 in school. That's the Canadian newspaper average for writting newspapers and I think magazines as well depending on what type. Also, the youngest member to join this academy would probably be that age.
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

Must Read This ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Read This !   Must Read This ! EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 3:44 am

amaretsu has a point about the reading level be that taken to a younger age. even though there are alot of people who play yugioh of every age, there are those who are younger who play that might find an interest in reading this. and if we post a link every so often like twice a day to the location of the magazine on DN then we can get plenty of publicity to the academy as well. and it will work out because the only type of advertising that they dont really like are advertisements that have nothing to do with yugioh. with discussion on whats coming soon, and whats new, with tech cards to feature as well as new everything, it seems to me that it applies to yugioh
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

Must Read This ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Read This !   Must Read This ! EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 3:49 am

I love the idea!!!! But one thing, I haven't touched my PS in half a year, but I also like writing (you saw the gusto article xD)

So if you don't mind, I would move me to the article team instead Smile
Back to top Go down
The Crocodile

The Crocodile

Must Read This ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Read This !   Must Read This ! EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 5:28 am

great idea man, hope you get the needed people for this nice project
DGA ftw! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Must Read This ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Read This !   Must Read This ! EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 7:54 am

Holy #$%& again. More and more people wants to help Surprised this never hapened before!

Ok let me answer sd question before. I am talking about a real magazine.this is how it will works.

1st step the writers will write something and pm it to me

2nd step I will discuss that article with the main writing team that I will create. We will edit if needed and send it to someone to correct the gramar

3rd step : we will send those articles to the gfx team. You guyz will create the layouts and borders of the pages or w/e is it called :p put some collors and images in it to make it look like a real profesional magazine then you add the arricle in that page and then you send all the pages to me at the end and I will put them in a magazine thing program ( prob joomag ) and we will have our 1st magazine.

Now for the fanfics, I dont know how many of them we can use. I will come back at ypu with an answer at the end of the week when all this wil be settled Smile

Those who applied for the writing team, I will be glad to have you helping this project.

Bakura: we can always use gfx'ers with free time cuz this is a huge thing Smile

We are still taking applications Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Must Read This ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Read This !   Must Read This ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Must Read This !
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next