Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRoyal Oppression vs Battle Fader I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader

Go down 
+5
j0hnb0i
rjuto
Nivedo
Princess Hyakka
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Princess Hyakka
OCG/Casual Deck Builder
Princess Hyakka

Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader Empty
PostSubject: Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader   Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:42 pm

Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader Db2-en10 VS Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader Draft_10

so, I think battle fader special summons itself before the damage calculation, or is he? if he isn't then could it be negated by royal oppression? but there is no Damage Step when Battle Fader is summoned, as it stops the Battle from even taking place, so Royal Oppression can be used.What if Battle Fader is not summoned or cannot be summoned the Battle Phase is not ended?But heres my EXAMPLE:Player A attacks with a monster while controlling Royal Oppression.
Player B declares Fader's Special Summon, in response, A activates Oppression.
1) Can A, IN THE SAME CHAIN, activate a second fader?
2) If yes, can B activate a second time Oppression on the second Fader?

Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader   Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:45 pm

this is, as i had found out, completely wrong. only because i was one step early in the battle phase

Spoiler:

Last edited by Nivedo on Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Princess Hyakka
OCG/Casual Deck Builder
Princess Hyakka

PostSubject: Re: Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader   Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:50 pm

but say if royal oppression is already out n they draw battle fader can they use its eff?
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader   Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:53 pm

once again completely wrong...unless you apply it to the damage step, and not battle step

Spoiler:

Last edited by Nivedo on Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Princess Hyakka
OCG/Casual Deck Builder
Princess Hyakka

PostSubject: Re: Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader   Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:54 pm

i see lol but do u wish they did not banned ROYAL OPPERSSION Smile
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader   Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:57 pm

nope im glad they did. otherwise people would be stopping my plays left and right
Back to top Go down
Princess Hyakka
OCG/Casual Deck Builder
Princess Hyakka

PostSubject: Re: Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader   Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 6:00 pm

lol but cant u just JUDGMENT that though
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader   Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 6:51 pm

yeah on activation. but alot of times i wont have judgment. i mostly rely on MST for getting rid of oppression
Back to top Go down
rjuto

rjuto

PostSubject: Re: Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader   Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 7:34 pm

Step by step:

1) Enter Battle Phase.
2) Monster attack (Battle step, attack declaration)
3) Battle Fader activates.
4) Royal Oppression is chained to it BEFORE it resolves.
5) Royal Oppression resolves first and negates Fader eff.
6) Battle Phase continues.

Questions:

1) U CANNOT use 2 Faders in a same chain. In this case, WITHOUT A DOUBT. Battle Fader's eff is a Trigger, you cannot chain it to anything (oppression in this case). Other cases are the likes of Trago in SEGOC, in responce to a single attack, wich cannot be done anyways.
2) Answered.
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader   Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 8:36 pm

Nivedo wrote:
from what i understand, the battle has already started when an attack is declared battle phase is entered and only counter traps and their effect can be activated, which means that royal oppression is out of the picture. i may be wrong but that is my understanding of it

i think you're thinking of the damage step, Nivedo. you can activate anything during the battle phase and attack declaration (and i don't really mean anything so no smart ass comments lol)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader   Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 12:06 am

If Nivedo's say was the case, you wouldn't be able to activate Mirror Force or the like. Razz

Konami made a special rule that states you may not activate multiple Trigger/Multi-Trigger effects from the hand in a single chain in response to the same action.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
RyuheiAoi

RyuheiAoi

PostSubject: Re: Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader   Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 12:10 am

VioletSk227 wrote:
Konami made a special rule that states you may not activate multiple Trigger/Multi-Trigger effects from the hand in a single chain in response to the same action.
Wouldn't it be more fair to state that after Royal Oppression resolves and negates the special summon, the entire chain has resolved with the negation and destruction of Battle Fader? And as such, a second Battle Fader would be a second chain, which would no longer be allowable? Especially since Battle Fader's effect is a "When; can" scenario. With the first Battle Fader being negated, a declared attack is no longer the last action on the field, which means the second Battle Fader has missed the timing (After all, since the first was NEGATED, the number of monsters does not change, so a replay is not triggered). Thusly, the attack carries through.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader   Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 2:38 am

Pretty much. The 2nd Fader has missed the timing because of the chain.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
Princess Hyakka
OCG/Casual Deck Builder
Princess Hyakka

PostSubject: Re: Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader   Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 5:40 am

but is there anything to chain that chain that your doing though?
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader   Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 6:12 am

You simply can not activate two battlefader in response to that same attack due to the reasons previously stated. If you want to chain a card to the card attempting to negate and destroy fader, then you can do so, but as far as playing a second fader in response to that same first attack, it cannot be done.
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader   Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:10 am

yeah i realized that i was wrong after rjuto posted what he had posted, and i looked it up. so just ignore my post
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader   Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:30 am

i have a question sort of like this. i know 2nd Fader can't be chained, but why is it you can use mirror, ladd negates, and then you can use Prison but not 2 faders?
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader   Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:13 am

You cannot use Dimensional Prison in response to the resolution of Light and Darkness Dragon negating Mirror Force. You can, however, chain Dimensional Prison to the activation of Light and Darkness Dragon's effect which is set to negate Mirror Force, since then the activation window for Dimensional Prison is still in response to the attack declaration. Where as if you waited for Light and Darkness Dragon's effect to resolve negating Mirror Force the activation window is no longer open for attack declaration, and thusly the timing for Dimensional Prison is wrong so it cannot be activated.
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader   Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:20 am

SirFunchalot wrote:
the activation window for Dimensional Prison is still in response to the attack declaration.

that's the important part haha
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader   Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:41 am

SirFunchalot wrote:
You cannot use Dimensional Prison in response to the resolution of Light and Darkness Dragon negating Mirror Force. You can, however, chain Dimensional Prison to the activation of Light and Darkness Dragon's effect which is set to negate Mirror Force, since then the activation window for Dimensional Prison is still in response to the attack declaration. Where as if you waited for Light and Darkness Dragon's effect to resolve negating Mirror Force the activation window is no longer open for attack declaration, and thusly the timing for Dimensional Prison is wrong so it cannot be activated.

I'm aware of that but my question is why does that work with the Ladd situation but not the Fader/Opp situation. Fader is worded the same as Prison and Mirror unless I'm mistaken
Back to top Go down
rjuto

rjuto

PostSubject: Re: Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader   Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 9:21 am

Prison = spell speed 2

Fader = spell speed 1, trigger effect, can't be chained.
Back to top Go down
RyuheiAoi

RyuheiAoi

PostSubject: Re: Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader   Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 9:46 am

Harper7000 wrote:
I'm aware of that but my question is why does that work with the Ladd situation but not the Fader/Opp situation. Fader is worded the same as Prison and Mirror unless I'm mistaken
VioletSk227 wrote:

Same reason you can't use Gorz and Trag, or multiple Trags. You cannot activate multiple effects from the hand in response to a single action, whether it be taking Battle Damage, responding to attack declaration, etc.

As a side note, you can Magic Cylinder and Mirror Force to the same attack declaration, because they activated on the field, rather than from the hand. In that case, opponent takes damage, and loses all attack position monsters. Yay.

I believe you could even Battle Fader and Mirror Force, could you not? As long as they are in a chain, Battle Fader would come out and Mirror Force would destroy all attack position monsters (With Fader forcing opponent to Main Phase 2).
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader   Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:04 am

rjuto wrote:
Prison = spell speed 2

Fader = spell speed 1, trigger effect, can't be chained.
Gotcha, didn't think about that. This can be locked if spellcaster is ok with it
Back to top Go down
The MNZ Satellite Cannon

The MNZ Satellite Cannon

PostSubject: Re: Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader   Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 1:43 pm

Quote :
and thats the bottom line cuz harper the moderator said so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader   Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader Empty

Back to top Go down

Royal Oppression vs Battle Fader
Page 1 of 1