Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRoyal oppression, i miss you dearly  I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Royal oppression, i miss you dearly

Go down 
+5
Shadow
rjuto
SirFunchalot
Nivedo
Zembobway150
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Zembobway150

Zembobway150

Royal oppression, i miss you dearly  Empty
PostSubject: Royal oppression, i miss you dearly    Royal oppression, i miss you dearly  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:19 pm

I don't know if its just me, but i really miss royal oppression. Last format i loved the hell out of it, because it gave my deck to fight vs the special summon craziness so my favorite decks could do work. Is it just me or does anyone else want it back. Almost everyone at my locals says it will never come back, which is most likely bs, because i feel it is need more now then ever. i was just wonder what your thought were on the matter...
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: Royal oppression, i miss you dearly    Royal oppression, i miss you dearly  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:32 pm

i hated it last format on DN so i hope it doesnt come back. alot of my decks focus on special summoning, with the exception of steelswarms, but they were made with the intention of having a normal summoning archetype
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Royal oppression, i miss you dearly    Royal oppression, i miss you dearly  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:19 pm

The card is just simply broken. It gives you incredible card advantage and locks down your opponent. Simply flip it after you've busted your nut and special summoned all of your synchros/xyz/boss monsters and just relax as your opponent can't do anything. I hope it doesn't come back.
Back to top Go down
rjuto

rjuto

PostSubject: Re: Royal oppression, i miss you dearly    Royal oppression, i miss you dearly  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:52 pm

Oppression will be completely irrelevant next format, so they will probably bring it back.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Royal oppression, i miss you dearly    Royal oppression, i miss you dearly  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:59 pm

How on Earth can you think a card as powerful as Oppression would be irrelevant next format? Especially considering how the banlist for the next format is months away from being released...
Back to top Go down
Shadow

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Royal oppression, i miss you dearly    Royal oppression, i miss you dearly  EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 1:26 am

It should have stayed limited, specially that mst is at 3.
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Royal oppression, i miss you dearly    Royal oppression, i miss you dearly  EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 2:59 am

^this

with all the spell trap hate this format is one where oppression SHOULD be limited. But it depends on how the banlist hits whther oppression will be good or not.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Royal oppression, i miss you dearly    Royal oppression, i miss you dearly  EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 12:13 pm

SirFunchalot wrote:
The card is just simply broken. It gives you incredible card advantage and locks down your opponent. Simply flip it after you've busted your nut and special summoned all of your synchros/xyz/boss monsters and just relax as your opponent can't do anything. I hope it doesn't come back.

EXACTLY. People are all like "there's 3 MST" and "but but people beat me with crap like BLS". No duh. But no one runs 3 MST, almost ever, in main. And there's Heavy Storm. That's ALL YOU HAVE to get rid of it, seeing as you can't special summon. Even with 3 MST that's 4 cards out of 40 to get rid of something that otherwise wins the game completely by itself. It's not that i don't like stun...I do. But cards that give such a big crutch to lean on that all you have to is activate it and win is the reason we have the banlist. Not to mention the example Funch gave...smart people realized that last format. Synchro the hell out of your opponent, then flip Oppression when they try to synchro. WTF? At least in stun you have a few turns to try to hopefully get an mst while 1900 beaters beat you down. In anything else RO=autowin. Is the format too fast? Yes, yes it is. THEN FIX THE BANLIST BY REBANNING SOME STUFF AND LIMITING OTHERS. Don't f*** it up more by bringing back more bs that should have stayed banned. You guys are saying that you would rather the opponent have the ability to explode and then completely block you off rather than just have the ability to explode and you have the ability to counter. That's like trying to cure the flu with cancer

Last edited by Harper7000 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Exiled

Exiled

PostSubject: Re: Royal oppression, i miss you dearly    Royal oppression, i miss you dearly  EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 12:15 pm

Oppression is the most broken and splashable spell/trap in the game. Being able to lock your opponent out due to it being 9 solemn warnings in one. I hope it never comes back unless they Semi-limit heavy storm and limit harpie's feather duster
Back to top Go down
RyuheiAoi

RyuheiAoi

PostSubject: Re: Royal oppression, i miss you dearly    Royal oppression, i miss you dearly  EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 12:23 pm

I quite agree with Harper. Adding more stuff that should be banned is like trying to fix a broken leg by shooting your foot; it's not a good idea.

And yes, I think the card is far too overpowered. Even with a Lightsworn deck with Lyla, Celestia, and other cards that can decimate the backrow, you run out of chances eventually. And when you do, the point of your deck (Judgment Dragon, in this case) will never be realized.

The card should stay banned. If they want to Errata it to make it a reasonable card, I could understand that. But it's unlikely that would ever happen, so keep it locked in a vault.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Royal oppression, i miss you dearly    Royal oppression, i miss you dearly  Empty

Back to top Go down

Royal oppression, i miss you dearly
Page 1 of 1