Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRoyal Prison I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Royal Prison

Go down 
+2
NoUserName
Harper7000
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Royal Prison Empty
PostSubject: Royal Prison   Royal Prison EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 6:29 am

Royal Prison Royal-Prison_30549

It seems to be the trend for Konami lately to do "remakes" of overpowered cards. This one, of course, was meant to be a pseudo-Royal Oppression. But unlike the remakes of Substitoad, Fishborg Blaster, and Pot of Greed, which generally are kinda suckish, this card seems pretty cool. It's obviously not as good as Royal Oppression (thank God), but it has it's merits. It can bring Darkworld and Wind-Ups to a grinding halt, as well as hurting Plants and other similar decks. The cool thing is that it can be used in other good decks without hurting yourself at all; with Royal Oppression, you had to play it somewhat smart, but some decks just will not be affected by specialing from the grave at all. Blackwings come to my mind of course, since I love them lately and they are infamous for being almost completely unaffected by Royal Oppression. But it can be used in other decks as well, like Rabbit Laggia, Six Samurai, Inzektors, Anti-meta....lots of stuff, come to think of it. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
NoUserName
NoUserName

Royal Prison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Prison   Royal Prison EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 6:46 am

This = My new tech'd card. Now, depending on how far this card goes, Monster Reborn may possibly stay in the next format! W00t!
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

Royal Prison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Prison   Royal Prison EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 6:49 am

I think this is a very specific counter to a few specific cards, Monster Reborn, Plant Tuners, Wind-Up Rat and Grapha. It has a few merits, but I can't really think of very many situations where this card is more adept at stopping a combo than D.D. Crow would be, not to mention all of the other situations where D.D. Crow can stop things this card can't.
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

Royal Prison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Prison   Royal Prison EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 7:39 am

This isn't Oppression 2.0 Vanity's Emptiness is. Wink
Back to top Go down
NoUserName
NoUserName

Royal Prison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Prison   Royal Prison EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 7:45 am

I see what you mean there, but how many times have we seen someone play a fake to use something in their graveyard and instead MR the crap out of something in either grave? This card also counts for MST bait as well as stopping other plays beforehand. But regardless, I side D.D. Crow because its freaking evil. In the same manner, I side AOJ Cycle reader for Lightsworns and Chaos anything. Its all dependent on what the situation calls for.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

Royal Prison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Prison   Royal Prison EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 7:50 am

But in the widest array of situations, D.D. Crow is the superior card, and that's why you never see this card in top 16 deck lists.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Royal Prison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Prison   Royal Prison EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 7:55 am

It just came out actually. Crow is a great card, and would be better vs other stuff like Inzektors, but like mentioned before, Crow doesn't STAY there; this does. But then, Macro might also be a good substitute, but then again again, some decks need a grave but don't special from it. and hm...Emptiness is kinda cool. it's generally going to be one-time though
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

Royal Prison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Prison   Royal Prison EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 8:10 am

You generally only need to stop one play in order to stop that turns shenanigans. Very rarely can decks like Inzektors do much on the turn you crow their targeted Hornet. I hate to be talking mostly about inzektors in this scenario, since RP doesn't really have much to do with them, but they are such a force in the current metagame that I think it really needs to be mentioned. Also Vanity's Emptiness can stop plays like The Agent of Creation Venus, a card that SS's but not from the Grave. I think Royal Prison is just a tad too specific, maybe against zombies it would be good, but even against them Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror is probably the superior option.
Back to top Go down
NoUserName
NoUserName

Royal Prison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Prison   Royal Prison EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 8:16 am

I see your logic, though, I'm just saying I'd side this card. Either imprisoning mirror is good to side, and D.D. has been stapled into sides since it came out. It's like I said before, it all depends on the situation. Isn't this why we side? lol
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

Royal Prison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Prison   Royal Prison EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 8:21 am

Yeah but your side deck can only be 15 cards, and in those cards you need to be able to combat the most common and most difficult threats to your deck while still being able to combat less common but still modestly effective rogue strategies. This is where making choices comes in, and most of the time D.D. Crow, Vanity's Emptiness or Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror are going to far outweigh any benefits this card could have, and that's why I don't suggest siding it. There are just other cards that can do exactly what this card does, while also being able to stop other plays that this card cannot.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Royal Prison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Prison   Royal Prison EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 8:41 am

Emptiness does seem rather interesting, I shall test it. I remember randomly pullin it once and I thought "eh". But at the least it can function as a Veiler...
Back to top Go down
Zembobway150

Zembobway150

Royal Prison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Prison   Royal Prison EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 8:44 am

I do like that card but like said earlier it seem to situational. I mean all of the situation you listed except graph can be stopped with summon limit. plus summon limit hurt more stuff than royal prison. Plus with summon limit will make them leave there useless small material on the field which they probably wasted resources on. Also necro valley is good too, doesn't stop some of the stuff, but it does stop Those BLS and CSs from coming out.
Back to top Go down

Royal Prison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Prison   Royal Prison EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 11:11 pm

Seems like an interesting card, my side deck doesn't have room for this. Plus, I have to deal with a lot more Special Summoning from the hand and Deck.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

Royal Prison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Prison   Royal Prison Empty

Back to top Go down

Royal Prison
Page 1 of 1