Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeXYZ and the banlist I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

XYZ and the banlist

Go down 
+3
SirFunchalot
TheRuler
The MNZ Satellite Cannon
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The MNZ Satellite Cannon

The MNZ Satellite Cannon

XYZ and the banlist Empty
PostSubject: XYZ and the banlist   XYZ and the banlist EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 10:08 am

I wrote this article to explain why some XYZ monsters can get themselves or even related cards into banlist. That's my opinion, the conclude is yours.

RANKS 1 AND 2

Baby Tiragon

Why i am talking about this guy? (cough)skullservants(cough). If they can XYZ it, they'll be able to attack directly with a very high attack monster what can play around stall cards like Level Limit Area B, and also can have the extra bonus from The Lady in Wight for a totally game setup. Let's see if my bet wanna get real.

Number 83: Galaxy Queen

Decks that are able to get she off will do very well. It can get all safe for one more round, including itself. And now that Heavy is back, backrows are the smaller problem of all. Scraps will be this strategy screw-up. If someday the effect cleaning style became slow, she will be a hard one to get rid. But that's hard to happen, so at least not now.

Gachi Gachi Gantetsu

Self-explanatory. Gachi gave a new level to the Agents by keeping the field control before can summon the bosses Hyperion and Kristya. Also, he make the player spend some cards that wanna be useful later to stop cards like BLS. He'll hit the banlist someday.

Daigusto Phoenix

Phoenix can be easily combo'ed with some monsters and cards to perform scary results, like Mist Valley Falcon + Infected Mail + Phoenix, what will turn him broken. But i guess, as he hasn't good field stall ways, he'll almost never hit the list.

Number 96: Black Mist

Actually i have not so much to say about him, except that he can take off 10 of each 10 monsters if his attack isn't stopped. Get him off is a trouble for your opponent. Once i bring down a "scary" Shi En with Mist and his brokeness, mainly due to the easy summon on Lancer Frogs with Swap Frog + Ronintoadin+ Random Frog. He is a "field Honest".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RANK 3 AND 4

Number 34: Terror Byte

The Crashbugs are terribly broken when they join forces with this guy. Swarm, steal, swap, win. By the other side, there is not so much other ways to bring him out, except with a double Tour Guide(what, as isn't a OCG card will not pull Terror Byte into the list) or something else. He is dependent from the Crashbugs. If they hit the Meta, Terror will be hit.

Wind-Up Zenmaines

Zenmaines is a Gachi Gachi improved. He don't lose attack with the time, already has a over 2000 defense and has a pop card effect that hardly will be countered. This one is a card i have almost sure will became limited.

Wind-Up Zenmaighty

Did you guys already saw the Wind-Ups OTK'ing with this card? Easy to bring out and with a powerful swarm effect, but the problem is his low attack. If they don't OTK, they'll lose quite a lot of time setting up again. Again, let's see if he can deal with this before say if he'll be get by the list.

Evolzar Laggia/Dolkka

I don't need to talk so much about this. Solemn Judgment and Divine Wrath as beatstickers and without pay Life Points. Terrible brokeness. I want them limited as soon as possible.

Number 16: Ruler Shock Conqueror of Colors/Vylon Disigma

I ever though if Konami smoked something when doing those two guys. Ruler Shock has a Trap Stun effect versatile, and has an advantage, because it can be played around by the turn player(or else, do your moves freely then freeze some cards). Disigma isn't so good as it, but by the other side it can get rid of annoying monsters and bring the field control back, if you lose it. Pro cards, and if you think they summon is hard, you is wrong. Summon Monk, effect to a second and then effect again. Easy.

Steelswarm Roach

I lost my war duel thanks to him. Summon him when the field is clear is a thing that can make your opponent almost scoop. The only ways to get rid of him is summon a XYZ monster, a 1900 monster to clash into and a card effect, what can be countered by Starlight Road and Solemn Judgment. Royal Oppression is banned because it stopped 90% of the game on last format. Roach stops 60% of actual one.

Lavalval Chain

Sweet, Gishkis and Lavals join forces... First effect works as a Foolish Burial and it's bery useful, mainly on Gishkis, because it can dump Ceremonial Mirror also. The second effect can be described as "choose the order of your deck". The only position in what a card in your deck needs to stay is the top deck. Plants will enjoy this guy, and as Konami is a Plant-hater... I guess it'll be unfairly hit.

Daigusto Emeral

Gustos and Gem-Knight, oh Duel Terminal. Unless you is running Geminis, Gem-Knights or even Normal Beatdown, you'll look the first effect. A mini Pot of Avarice that can be used as many times as you need as long as you has Brionac. Funch posted the way it's more broken, but unless he fill the second Pot of Avarice spot on decks, he will not be hit at the moment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RANK 5 OR HIGHER

The Sacred Pleiades

Sacreds are no doubt broken. This guy is the final brokeness of then, bouncing cards and being chainable, can even be used on Battle Phase to bounce Gorz and Tragoedia. A Shi En for the theme, this card i have 90% sure it will be got.

Number 19: Freezerdon

Leviathan at 4000, four turns of bounce in Pleiades... Who summon this guy along another XYZ is taking the max of his deck. As we have no cards to attach back the XYZ materials, we will see this guy. I love him.

Tiras, Keeper of Genesis/Adreus, Keeper of Armaggedon

Basically the same effect with either more speed on using, or more targets. They will not be hit at the moment. When a deck with then became meta, see ya, they wanna be like Goyo on TeleDAD.

Magi Magi Magician Girl

What the hell broken is this effect? This is the third Goyo we have for XYZ, they really think they can put the effects to steal monsters at free only because they will be limited to twice/thrice? Found a way to summon she and you will have a heavy field control. The problem is found the way to summon she.

Number 11: Big Eye

At least on this one Konami blocked the turn attack and it isn't so broken as Goyo. But, by the another side, the easy ways to summon it on Machina Decks will give him a spot on the list. Just get rid of the Chimeratech Dragons.

Number 7: Lucky Stripe

They banned Sixth Sense by a ridiculous reason. And this card is even more broken and luck needer than Sense. As it's a Joey's card, will not get on the banlist. But care with him, ever there is a lucksacker to roll 6 and 1.

Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max

Anna found a way to summon it easily. We found as well. But Gustaph will NEVER be limited unless a deck focused on him is created. Chain Material by the other side will be got, what not only stops the Electrum Loop combo as end all and any problem with Submersible Carrier Aero Shark.
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: XYZ and the banlist   XYZ and the banlist EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 8:59 pm

like I wrote in my article that I sent to Scorp, Black Mist can be easily summoned in Agents Smile
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: XYZ and the banlist   XYZ and the banlist EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 8:43 am

Do you think you could just go over this article and fix the grammatical errors? The entire article just sounds really awkward to read. :S
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

PostSubject: Re: XYZ and the banlist   XYZ and the banlist EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:12 am

It was a good synopsis for those not too familiar. I would like for the next articles to go a lil further into detail like summoning conditions and key combos or combo s you've seen success with
Back to top Go down
bakura normal

bakura normal

PostSubject: Re: XYZ and the banlist   XYZ and the banlist EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:19 am

laggia and dolkka must die o.o
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: XYZ and the banlist   XYZ and the banlist EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:27 am

Honestly, nothing needs to get hit. Mainly because none are spammed, nor are they broke enough to get banned. Lagia limited or semi'd perhaps but that's all. Just because his threat is not so much the +1 and disruption, but the fact that you can keep doing it. Most of the xyz are very balanced. The only time they are spammed that comes to mind is Offering Gadgets, which, even if you limited every rank 4, it would make 0 difference, Rabbit Lagia, which is admittedly pro but is balanced by some consistency issues (but could possibly get hit), Lancer Frogs, which spam Gachi but has worse consistency issues and isn't played much (still a good deck), and Wind-Ups, which only focus on xyz and usually rank 5. Otherwise, you don't really see xyz spam decks. I mean everyone runs them, duh, but spams them? Only rarely.
Back to top Go down
The MNZ Satellite Cannon

The MNZ Satellite Cannon

PostSubject: Re: XYZ and the banlist   XYZ and the banlist EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:30 am

SirFunchalot wrote:
Do you think you could just go over this article and fix the grammatical errors? The entire article just sounds really awkward to read. :S
Do you think that can live at least one day without complaining about my grammar just cuz i am not from USA?

@Harper: What about Sacreds?
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: XYZ and the banlist   XYZ and the banlist EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:40 am

well i haven't tried out sacreds yet so i can't say. i only know about pleiades Razz
Back to top Go down
BliTz

BliTz

PostSubject: Re: XYZ and the banlist   XYZ and the banlist EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:56 am

i think it'll be helpful if u included pics cuz i dont know alot of these cards ^^

good article though ;D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XYZ and the banlist   XYZ and the banlist Empty

Back to top Go down

XYZ and the banlist
Page 1 of 1