Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Reason why Brionac will be banned - Page 2 I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Reason why Brionac will be banned

Go down 
+9
LegendaryFrost
bakura normal
BliTz
The_Dutch_Prince
JakeLegion
Minako
yangaud
Harper7000
SirFunchalot
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

The Reason why Brionac will be banned - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 12:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Monsters:16
3 Infernity Archfiend
3 Infernity Necromancer
3 Infernity Mirage
2 Infernity Avenger
2 Infernity General
1 Infernity Beetle
1 Dark Grepher
1 Armageddon Knight

Spells:12
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Foolish Burial
1 One for One
1 Dark Hole
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
1 Mind Control
1 Infernity Launcher
1 Allure of Darkness

Traps:12
3 Infernity Inferno
3 Infernity Barrier
2 Infernity Break
2 Call of the Haunted
1 Mirror Force
1 Solemn Judgment

Extra:15
1 Shooting Quasar Dragon
1 Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Mist Wurm
1 Infernity Doom Dragon
3 Hundred-Eyes Dragon
1 Dark Highlander
1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Armory Arm
1 Formula Synchron
1 Leviair the Sea Dragon
1 Lavalval Chain
1 Daigusto Emeral

http://duelingdays.blogspot.com/2011/10/infernity-loop-in-text.html#more

This deck can play Trishula an INFINITE number of times per turn. Can also play Quasar that turn with 3 set Infernity Barrier 2 set Infernity Break and an Infernity Doom Dragon all on the field. If this doesn't get Brionac to the banned list, I can't conceive anything else that will. This deck proves just how bad the power creep in YGO is.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 10:48 am

Leviair goes to Extra Deck, not hand, so it works.

I don't think the excuse that "Because what if they have Gorz?!" should really mean Brionac is a healthy card for the game, because I'm sure pretty much all of us can agree that Gorz is overpowered and should probably be banned as well...
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 11:01 am

wrong again...gorz is needed so everyone doesn't recklessly overextend. both are great but shouldn't be banned. the only cards that should be banned are really badly designed cards that break the meta
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 11:04 am

Everything Gorz does to stop hordes of monsters pummeling you down for game, Battle Fader does, and in a more fair way.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 11:05 am

no one cares about Battle Fader though bc you can pummel them again next turn bc it's a wimp
Back to top Go down
BliTz

BliTz

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 11:06 am

SirFunchalot wrote:
Leviair goes to Extra Deck, not hand, so it works.

I don't think the excuse that "Because what if they have Gorz?!" should really mean Brionac is a healthy card for the game, because I'm sure pretty much all of us can agree that Gorz is overpowered and should probably be banned as well...

gorz is legitamately one of THE BEST cards in the game, it punishes ur opponent for overextending and making bad plays, fader just stallls..
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:45 pm

As a zombie player, I'm sad for saying that but I agree that brio shpuld be baned. He just makes things so easy
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 2:31 pm

I'm not arguing that Gorz is one of the best cards in the game. But gorz punishes overextension in the same manner Mirror Force and Torrential Tribute do this, except MF and TT actually require field commitment which means your opponent can see them there and play around them (skillful playing) by the simple virtue of Gorz existing your opponent always needs to make sure whenever they attack that it's safe of not only MF and TT but a card that could be anywhere in your opponents hand or deck and drawn at any stage of the game, and if Gorz is played and you don't have something like Solemn Warning ready to nail it, you can lose right then and there. And Gorz + Glow-Up Bulb = Stardust + Scrap Dragon (kinda stupid)
Back to top Go down
infernal_archmage

infernal_archmage

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 2:09 am

Yeah, Brio and Gorz are great cards in the game, and they are balanced fairly as well:

Brionac - if your opponent drops veiler on him, this combo's pretty much doped.
Gorz - Solemn Warning could stop this guy from coming anyway, and the game does need a generic tide turner.

by the way, sorry if I haven't been tested yet, my net schedule is not consistent so...
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 3:55 am

Veiler is only needed to stop the hideously broken cards such as Brionac and Trishula who are otherwise way too powerful.

As for the game needing a generic tide turner, I totally and completely disagree. I think the better player with the more consistent deck who made the more skillfully calculated plays should win, not the player who had his opponent attack into a gorz which was then followed up with a glow-up bulb for 2 level 8 synchros. =/
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 4:14 am

The problem is, it never is the skillful player who wins if gorz was gone. People will just use the sackiest decks an overextend like they don't give a ****...bc they don't. The format would be even more derpy without him. I'm not sure why you can't see that :/. A good player will be prepared for gorz...just bc someone drops gorz doesn't mean they win
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 5:57 am

Are you really trying to say that decks like Six Samurai, Tengu Plants, Dark World, Agents, Lightsworn, Karakuri, AREN'T sacky decks that just stupidly over extend and win? Because last I checked that's basically what all of them do other than arguably Dark World, although they can still sack you really badly if running Mjar, Card Des, and Goldd/Sillva. Gorz is hardly stopping decks like that from being top tier. It is however, stopping control oriented decks like Gravekeepers and Monarchs from being so.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 6:27 am

Read my post -.-. "The format would be even more derpy." Gorz stops you from insta-losing to those already derpy decks if you draw him. Just bc he's legal doesn't mean everything is balanced but it sure as hell helps. They jd you by blowing up your and their own resources and attack for 3000? Drop gorz. Now at least you have a small chance of winning. He does not prevent control decks from being top tier in any way, it's not like they can't use him too or he's any worse to them. The only reason gk aren't meta still is bc of dw. Gorz is also why maxx c is good. Otherwise, the opponent thinks "he can draw all he wants, I'm still going to otk!" But if there's a possibility of not otk'ing...they might lose bc you just gained so much advantage. There is obviously other uses for maxx c but it's obv best used when the opponent explodes

Last edited by Harper7000 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 6:28 am

Six samurai: Overextend but can lock you down like a bitch even without a godly set-up. One Shi en, Magatama and Double-Edged Sword Technique are enought to stop anything even with an empty hand.....not to mention 3 united

Tengu Plants: Mine don't over extend unless I have sure win, i dunno how u play em, but usually their biggest plays result in gaining massive advantage through draws and summons.

Agents: Constantly add cards to their hand, and don't even care if they over extend, cuz once they have Hyperion and Krystia in most situations they pretty much have control.

Lightsworn: JD 'nuff said.

Karakuri: Bureido creates massive draws, just ask Scorp he helped me make my first build and it never overextended without having a plan B.

Dark World: needs sacking in most cases just cuz you might not always manage to get a card to discard or a good monster to discard :S.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 6:34 am

But that's my point frost. Since they have a backup plan (shi en, magatama, naturia beast, etc, there's no way in hell to get rid of that setup except with gorz or -3ing yourself. Topping even brokeness like dark hole is useless against that sort of gay setup. And funch calls that skillful playing? No, it's really not. And that's why gorz is needed
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 6:45 am

All of this arguing is really null and void. In a perfect world Gorz isn't needed because Konami would ban or not print these busted cards in the first place (I am in no way saying sacking the shit out of your opponent with Shi En + Nat Beast, or Hyperion + Kristya, or 2 Grapha, or Trishula + Scrap Dragon, or whatever is fair and skillful playing at all), but in the current format's situation because these cards are allowed in advanced play, Gorz sort of helps to mitigate this, although he does put an unfair amount of pressure on most control oriented decks, since control decks are really a thing of the past, it doesn't matter much I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 7:00 am

That's exacty what I was saying...lol. It's not a perfect world though and we have an excess of brokeness at that so he's helps mitigate that. Glad we're on the same page Razz. And actually I've found Gorz is easier to deal with in control. Or IN control, depending on the build. I mean you wouldn't want him in gk bc of Necro and your backrow, but let's be honest, Monarchs would kinda suck without Gorz since he's their backrow since they have none. Also, control isn't QUITE down and out yet, it's just not as good. Tg still topped YCS Toronto if I'm not mistaken. Gk are still great except tht dw just came out and hand rape has become gk's best friend. Plus, they have more backrow to deal with Gorz should he be dropped. Gorz isn't Quasar after all xD, he can be killed just like anything else. But he prevents you from losing foe at least a turn, and that's the important thing in this not-perfect-world format
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 7:35 am

I guess the misunderstanding was from you not seeing that I was saying that ideally cards like Gorz shouldn't be in the game, and you were saying that considering the current state of the game we need cards like Gorz (which is true).

I'd really go out on a limb and say the only reason why T.G. topped at all in Toronto is simply due to leftover hype from them last format, most good players I know were running Agents (because they were the best deck), not it's probably Dark World with teched Skill Drain.
Back to top Go down
Guoxing

Guoxing

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 9:35 pm

today played with a darkworld / gate of dark world / fabled + vanguard = brionac super loop. It's like super super super infernity ... OTK. Konami please ban brionac
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 10:15 pm

I don't know how you would loop with gate of darkworld, since the effect is once per turn O.o
Back to top Go down
BliTz

BliTz

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 5:22 am

u bounce the gate with brionac o.O
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 5:34 am

You would run out of cards in hand.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Reason why Brionac will be banned
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2