Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Reason why Brionac will be banned I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Reason why Brionac will be banned

Go down 
+9
LegendaryFrost
bakura normal
BliTz
The_Dutch_Prince
JakeLegion
Minako
yangaud
Harper7000
SirFunchalot
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

The Reason why Brionac will be banned Empty
PostSubject: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 12:43 pm

Monsters:16
3 Infernity Archfiend
3 Infernity Necromancer
3 Infernity Mirage
2 Infernity Avenger
2 Infernity General
1 Infernity Beetle
1 Dark Grepher
1 Armageddon Knight

Spells:12
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Foolish Burial
1 One for One
1 Dark Hole
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
1 Mind Control
1 Infernity Launcher
1 Allure of Darkness

Traps:12
3 Infernity Inferno
3 Infernity Barrier
2 Infernity Break
2 Call of the Haunted
1 Mirror Force
1 Solemn Judgment

Extra:15
1 Shooting Quasar Dragon
1 Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Mist Wurm
1 Infernity Doom Dragon
3 Hundred-Eyes Dragon
1 Dark Highlander
1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Armory Arm
1 Formula Synchron
1 Leviair the Sea Dragon
1 Lavalval Chain
1 Daigusto Emeral

http://duelingdays.blogspot.com/2011/10/infernity-loop-in-text.html#more

This deck can play Trishula an INFINITE number of times per turn. Can also play Quasar that turn with 3 set Infernity Barrier 2 set Infernity Break and an Infernity Doom Dragon all on the field. If this doesn't get Brionac to the banned list, I can't conceive anything else that will. This deck proves just how bad the power creep in YGO is.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 4:32 pm

I don't think that it will ban Brio, but it will boost Infernities, especially if good players play it. It can be easy to misplay in this deck. That said...it's great. It's difficult to post opinions on this as there is a space issue so it's hard to "criticise". The lack of Warnings is especially sad though, I think they're pretty much staple, so maybe somehow fit them in. I haven't given much though to the extra but the changes would only be minor as well if anything. Deck build is definately not your weak point lol
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 5:03 pm

Because of Brionac this is an infinite loop. Typically Konami doesn't like those and tries to stop them, especially if they're consistent and win you games. Also brionac has been hideously broken since the moment it came out.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 5:07 pm

And yet they release Pulsar...konami are idiots. Anyway, I'm not saying it isn't a dangerous combo but unless Infernities regain popularity Brio will stay. But it probably won't as people are drawn towards more derpy and far less fun to play decks like Dark World. Imma try this, looks fun. How is double General testing?
Back to top Go down
yangaud

yangaud

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 5:10 pm

there just gonna limit some infernity stuff and leave brio since they havent made enough money whit him they dint reprint brio yet so no ban Razz well thats what i think xD

ofc supposing they touch that deck
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 7:07 pm

I suppose that (semi) limiting Infernity Necromancer would stop the loop as well, I still see no reason why Brionac shouldn't be banned. It's WAY better than Goyo Guardian...
Back to top Go down
Minako

Minako

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 11:35 pm

SirFunchalot wrote:
I still see no reason why Brionac shouldn't be banned. It's WAY better than Goyo Guardian...

Actually I used Goyo as much if not more than Brionac when we had it. He is just beastly. Also this loop won't work on DN atm. I've known about this loop for a while now but haven't bothered with it. On Dueling Days it shows that Emerald's effect which returns the monsters to the deck is part of the effect. On DN the way the text is worded shows it to be a cost. If it is a cost then the loop won't work. Now I'm gonna side with Baha on this but right now DN and wikia show wording that would suggest returning to the deck (main deck) is a cost and you can't loop your hundred eyes like that so it won't work. Or at the very least if someone argues this case, good luck arguing back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 6:08 am

Until we get an official OCG ruling it's hard to tell how it will be ruled. If you can return HED to the "deck" like you could with Pot of Avarice, then it works just fine.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 6:23 am

maybe i'm just being dumb, but i'm not seeing why that would make a difference
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 10:52 am

If you have to return them to the MAIN deck you can't use Daigusto Emeral to return Hundred-Eyes Dragon to your EXTRA deck.
Back to top Go down
JakeLegion

JakeLegion

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:18 pm

Can someone explain the infinite loop to me, i dont see it.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 1:08 pm

Yes, but I'm not seeing how being a cost would change the actual effect and whether or not it would work
jake: read the wall of text in the link and you will see
Back to top Go down
JakeLegion

JakeLegion

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 1:55 pm

i have read
i believe
that brionac will not be banned but instead infernity mirage will be limited or necromancer.
Back to top Go down
The_Dutch_Prince
Teacher
Teacher
The_Dutch_Prince

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 2:17 pm

Brionac will proably never get banned. Simply because Brionac alone does not pose a huge threat to anything in terms of it being "broken"or Op'd on its own. Brionac is only "broken"/OP'd when used in a "loop"like this.

What way is better, to ban a single card ( which can be replaced ) or limit a key piece of the loop that enbables the loop further and further ( without doing anything ). Now the question is there a card in there like that....?, yes folks there is: Necromancer, Archfiend, Mirage and even Launcher ( less but still ).
If we limit any of the monsters or ban luancher would that make the loop unpreformable: NO. Would it make less attractive to do; Yes. Would it make it nearly impossible ( with the current available cards ) Yes.

Besides this, I cant remember a "loop"that was banned if it wasnt severely played ( part of a tier 1 or Tier 2 deck) and seeing none is hardly putting any effort in playing infernities I have reason to belive it will not get hit at all, but that is being premature obviously.
There are for more consistent and easier loops out there, for example; Light Pulsar ( Toon Cannon Soldier FTK ). Rescue Rabbit loop ( also via Leviaiar and luckaly only preformable in the TCG ). which in my humble opinion are more dangerous and fearsome than the infernity loop.

Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 2:29 pm

Another problem is consistancy. I tested it out today and if I can get an early grave setup, I usually do okay. But if not...I got nothing. Even then sometimes, you HAVE to get Mirage or Launcher out somehow or you have few options. General helps but at other times he gets stuck in your hand. I realize dead draws are a part of yugioh but they sucked really bad in some duels. Double Barrier, Break, General, Mirage, and Call. What am I supposed to do with that? On the other hand, once you do get those 3 and grave and a Mirage, they're done. Not many ways for the opp to win once Infernities get going. They're a cool deck but they're not getting Brio banned
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 2:43 pm

Brionac should be banned not only because of this loop it facilitates, it's certainly enabled plenty others in the past. I haven't exactly had the consistency issues that Harpery7000 has been having with the deck, but perhaps he could tweak it to meet his needs (dropping breaks and a general for other cards). Brionac should be banned because it IS broken AND facilitates loops. There is no other easy to play card in the advanced format that can with 100% accuracy discard any card in your hand to take any card on the field off of the field and you can do this effect an infinite number of times per turn. Brionac has been setting up for game pushes since the game began, and now with Konami trying to promote the new Xyz mechanic, I can easily see them banning Brionac (a card that for a simple discard can put any Xyz, Synchro or Fusion Monster back into the Extra Deck). There's a variety of reasons why Brionac should go, I think this deck's lethality solidifies it.
Back to top Go down
BliTz

BliTz

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 5:55 pm

i disagree brionac is one of the few synchro monsters that is actually balanced in this game. i mean use it against any non fusion/xyz/synchro and its a -1. do it multiple times and even more -1.

There are dozens of other cards that can blindly create + out of nothing and far more deadly (grapha, Kristya, tengu).

Brionac is fine at 1, i dont even think much would change if its at 2 my opinion though

ZOMGOMG 100th POST!!! cheers drunken pale Sleep
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 6:07 pm

One could even say Brionac is NEEDED at 1. With WTF overpowered synchros like Shooting Star and Shi En, plus pain in the butt xyz like Zenmaines (seriously who came up with the brilliant idea to make a super version of Gachi that's way easier to use?) and Utopia to a point because he negates attacks. But if you just use his effect for the sake of being aggressive, it costs you in advantage. Goyo=trololol imma steal your best card and you can't do **** about it because I have 2800 atk...and now your best monster. Goyo even isn't mega broken tbh, we could have kept him...I'd kinda like him back to swipe Grapha *gets an evil grin*
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 9:38 am

Brionac promotes WAY more OTKs than any of the above (also broken) cards do. Brionac can turn a hand of a few cards into an outlet to clear the opponents field and attack for game. It happens all the time. I'm friends with SJC winners Jesse Samek, Bobby Chambers, and Jerry Wang since they live close to me and attended locals with me, and all of them agree that Brionac is the best Synchro in the game after Dark Strike Fighter; and I agree with them.
Back to top Go down
bakura normal

bakura normal

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 9:46 am

The bad think bout brio, it's easy to run over or destroy. It's only 2300 attack, with te synch spam these days it's easy to beat. Also it might dump dead cards, but what if you have a hand full of good cards?.

Good points. It can get rid of a big monster line up, dumps dead cards, sets up combos like bulb, dandy, a light + dark for bls/cs. Dump mezuki/plague. Also it can screw with te backrow to set up otks, also lv 6 so after he is used can be used to synch for bigger cards, like sd or scrap.

Brio is a great card but it has it's faults like everything does.
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 9:53 am

You'll regret it if Brio was banned, esp since when it's banned the only card able to use an effect to get rid of cards like SD will be Trish and Mist Wurm, brio is needed in every format.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 10:08 am

Orient Dragon can get rid of Stardust via effect, and Gaia Knight can run it over. Brionac could be banned and it would only help the metagame. =/
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 10:12 am

what frost said. it clears the way for otk but it IS at a cost. if he has gorz you pretty much lose cuz you have no hand
Back to top Go down
Stardust Dragon

Stardust Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 10:20 am

Correct me if im mistaken but i don't think he can really make this work since he has to have no cards in his hand , which breaks it when it reaches

Quote :
- Brionac discard the third Necro from your hand to bounce Archfiend and then bounce Leviair.
- Mirage for two Necro and special summon Avenger and Archfiend. Archfiend search for Barrier.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 10:41 am

you just discarded your hand with brio, so no
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Reason why Brionac will be banned   The Reason why Brionac will be banned Empty

Back to top Go down

The Reason why Brionac will be banned
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next