Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homelaval stannon I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

laval stannon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nivedo

Nivedo

laval stannon Empty
PostSubject: laval stannon   laval stannon EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 4:25 am

ok the part of his effect in question is "When this card is targeted by a card effect, you can remove from play 1 "Laval" monster from your Graveyard to negate the activation of that card effect, and destroy that card.".

now then i will probably end up answering my question correctly in which case this will suck but eh oh well.

ok would stannon be able to use his effect multiple times in a chain if he has material in the grave to pay as cost?, for example if i use his effect against mirror force, then my opponent negates and tries to destroy, could i use his effect to stop him from being destroyed by stardust also?

now then honestly i would honestly say that the answer to this question is no, but the card doesnt say once per turn, so it would have to be in game mechanics that would keep him from using his effect multiple times in a chain in which case im not 100% knowledgeable when it comes to game mechanics such as this

so i guess the best way to wrap all of this up would be to ask this question.
if all the conditions are met to activate an effect, could it be activated more than once in a chain
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

laval stannon Empty
PostSubject: Re: laval stannon   laval stannon EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 5:11 am

Mirror force doesnt target, so stannon would be dead. D.prison/sakuretsu armor is a different story as they target the attacking monster

But I assume stannon is similar to herald of perfection, where so long as there are targets, you can activate its effect since it doesnt state "once per turn"

Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

laval stannon Empty
PostSubject: Re: laval stannon   laval stannon EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 5:27 am

To my knowledge, the only effect that can't activate more than once per chain is LaDD, and that makes sense bc otherwise he would negate his own effect until he ran out of atk, making him completely useless. Quincy is right, Mirror does not target and you must be careful to make sure it's a targeting effect first. Honestly there's not a ton of destruction effects that do target (Dark Hole, Mirror, Torrential, Smashing, Fissure, BTH all don't target)
Back to top Go down
Magicknight94

Magicknight94

laval stannon Empty
PostSubject: Re: laval stannon   laval stannon EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 6:01 am

Both Mirror Force and Stardust don't target.

"Don't target" and "target" are different things, you know.

And Laval Stannon can be actived multile times in a chain, since it have a Quick Effect. The only monsters with Quick Effect cannot be actived multiple times in a chain (without "one per turn" or something like that) are LADD and Formular Synchron.

Last edited by Magicknight94 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

laval stannon Empty
PostSubject: Re: laval stannon   laval stannon EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 6:04 am

ok well my main idea was to ask if it could activate several times, and i thought stardust did target? only cuz it says negate the activation of a card that would destroy a card or cards on the field.
so wouldnt it have to target in order to negate?
Back to top Go down
Magicknight94

Magicknight94

laval stannon Empty
PostSubject: Re: laval stannon   laval stannon EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 6:07 am

Effects that negate activation of another effects don't target.
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

laval stannon Empty
PostSubject: Re: laval stannon   laval stannon EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 6:13 am

ah ok...well that sucks cuz i was hoping to use that against a friend who loves to bring out stardust
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

laval stannon Empty
PostSubject: Re: laval stannon   laval stannon Empty

Back to top Go down

laval stannon
Page 1 of 1