Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homeanother chaining type question I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

another chaining type question

Go down 
+2
Quincy99
Nivedo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nivedo

Nivedo

another chaining type question Empty
PostSubject: another chaining type question   another chaining type question EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 1:33 pm

i activate heavy storm, or dark hole if you want to be recent. me and my opponent both have 2 cards that would be destroyed. i activate stardust road in response, but my opponent wants to do the same.

so how would we know what effect goes through or would both of them go through.

this was brought up because me and 2 other friends were having a 3 way duel and i used heavy storm, and we all had starlight road on the field and we all wanted to activate it, so how would every resolve or go down. or what order would it be in.

if you have to just make it simple with just me and 1 other opponent and if it can be applied to a multi way duel, then please do share
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

PostSubject: Re: another chaining type question   another chaining type question EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 2:01 pm

Turn player would have priority to activate starlight road, to my knowledge. So since you activated storm, you could chain starlight 1st
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: another chaining type question   another chaining type question EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 2:45 pm

ok so would that mean that the other starlight roads would miss activation?
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

PostSubject: Re: another chaining type question   another chaining type question EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 2:54 pm

Yes, since when it resolves backward they would be negating your starlight road which doesn't trigger the condition for their starlight road. I believe this is the case, unless someone correct me Razz
Back to top Go down
Magicknight94

Magicknight94

PostSubject: Re: another chaining type question   another chaining type question EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 5:52 pm

After a player active an eff, opp will get priority to response. So if your opp active Dark Hole, you get priority to active Starlight. And since Starlight can only directly chain to Dark Hole, the second Starlight cannot be actived.
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: another chaining type question   another chaining type question EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 7:01 pm

magicknight is right. turn player only retains priority to activate an ignition effect or a spell speed 2 or higher effect after an action that doesn't start a chain, like drawing a card, setting a card, declaring an attack, summoning a monster etc.
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: another chaining type question   another chaining type question EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 10:23 pm

If you activated heavy, your opponent has priority to activate Starlight Road, like Magicknight94 and J0hnb0i said.

P.S. Magicknight94, get a test Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: another chaining type question   another chaining type question EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 4:16 am

Also thought I should add here: before you ask, no, there are no official tag team rulings for yugioh, so your opponents will just have to fight over who gets to activate Road first
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: another chaining type question   another chaining type question EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 7:16 am

well there are more or less official tag team duels, just not any that are konami sanctioned in the US from what i understand. but i was also referring to a multi way duel where there are 3 or more people going against each other
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: another chaining type question   another chaining type question EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 7:29 am

for your locals maybe but yeah no konami sanctioned ones. 3 way works pretty much the same...there's no for sure way to know which opponent gets priority. u can make up your own
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: another chaining type question   another chaining type question EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 8:35 am

well according to yugioh wikia there are konami sanctioned team duels in Oceania and various parts of Europe. but there arent any where i live in Texas that i know of
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: another chaining type question   another chaining type question Empty

Back to top Go down

another chaining type question
Page 1 of 1