Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeTargeting question I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Targeting question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ZiegTonanami

ZiegTonanami

Targeting question Empty
PostSubject: Targeting question   Targeting question EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:54 am

Does "Rekindling" target?

How can you tell if a card targets another card or not?

I'm asking because of "Necrovalley".
Back to top Go down
BliTz

BliTz

Targeting question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting question   Targeting question EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 1:20 pm

yes it does, whenever u choose or select a card cuz of an effect.. you target

simple as that.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Targeting question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting question   Targeting question EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 1:24 pm

Yep, Necrovalley will prevent it
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

Targeting question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting question   Targeting question EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 1:34 pm

are there any cards that necrovalley wont be able to prevent?
Back to top Go down
ZiegTonanami

ZiegTonanami

Targeting question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting question   Targeting question EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 1:35 pm

Thank you two for that. It was unsure during a discussion earlier
Back to top Go down
BliTz

BliTz

Targeting question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting question   Targeting question EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 1:41 pm

umm i think i was wrong

the wording says "summon as many mons as possible" so i guess u DONT choose... but still doesnt go under valley
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

Targeting question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting question   Targeting question EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 1:45 pm

Actually Blitz, rekindling doesn't target. it says, "Special Summon from your Graveyard as many FIRE monsters as possible with 200 DEF." as many as possible =/= select or target.

but necrovally would still prevent rekindling since it tries to affect cards in the grave.

necrovally won't be able to prevent cards that affect themselves, as long as they don't remove anything from the grave. like treeborn frog

EDIT: yay you saw it blitz haha
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Targeting question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting question   Targeting question EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 1:59 pm

Didn't even notice you asked about targeting ._. What John said. Cards in the grave that only affect themselves aren't prevented. So for example Glow Up Bulb can work but not Spore bc he removes another monster to work
Back to top Go down
BliTz

BliTz

Targeting question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting question   Targeting question EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 2:02 pm

i didnt saw it i posted before >_>
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Targeting question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting question   Targeting question EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 2:04 pm

I was in a hurry okay xD
Back to top Go down
BliTz

BliTz

Targeting question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting question   Targeting question EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 2:07 pm

yea its all ur fault xD
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Targeting question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting question   Targeting question EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 2:29 pm

Blitz: Sad xD
Before I lock this thread, here's some information on how to know if it targets or not. If it sounds general it usually is. Newer cards try to emphasize this even more, they usually say "select" or "choose", or sometimes even "target". If it says those or similar things, it targets. If it's something like: "all" or "any number of" or "as many as possible", it does not target. It's usually not hard to tell the difference, but sometimes it may say something more tricky like "monster(s)", like in the case of Bottomless Trap Hole. "If your opponent summons a monster(s) with 1500 or more attack, remove from play those monster(s)". This means that you can Bottomless multiple monsters at once, for example, removing 2 Sabersaurus that were summoned via Rescue Rabbit. It also means that Bottomless doesn't target, EVEN IF you're only removing one specific target. Hope this helps Smile. Btw get tested so you can join the fun Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Targeting question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting question   Targeting question Empty

Back to top Go down

Targeting question
Page 1 of 1