Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeXYZ materials question I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

XYZ materials question

Go down 
+3
Harper7000
King007
Nivedo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Nivedo

Nivedo

XYZ materials question Empty
PostSubject: XYZ materials question   XYZ materials question EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 11:51 am

ok i have seen this combo so many times, and i have heard that it doesnt quite work.

the combo is tour guide for sangan, exceed, then send sangan to the graveyard by the XYZ monsters effect, and then the person would search for a card by sangans effect.

from what i have heard from people who are judges is that when a monster is used for an exceed summon, it is no longer considered to be on the field so sangans effect about leaving from the field to the graveyard would not go through.

now then my main question is, what i have been told about it not being considered to be on the field, and the term used for where it is at was limbo, correct, or is what everyone else has been assuming been correct.

i would like it if the main judge person on the forums would confirm or deny anything that was said as a reply.
Back to top Go down
King007
Nostalgic Tourney Organizer
King007

PostSubject: Re: XYZ materials question   XYZ materials question EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 12:00 pm

Every body agrees now, that the xyz material is only considered out of field when it's detached ! that the ruling now !
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: XYZ materials question   XYZ materials question EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 1:55 pm

We had a huge discussion about this in another topic. In the OCG, it does not count as leaving the field. In the TCG, a ruling was made that Tengu gets his effect, so people got confused (OCG doesn't have Tengu). A head judge said that for TCG, the xyz materials do indeed leave the field, so to answer your question, yes, it's a legit combo. However this isn't technically an "official ruling" yet so it may get changed. But for now that's how it is, even in konami-sponsored tournaments.
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: XYZ materials question   XYZ materials question EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 7:01 pm

man speaks truth! i didn't like it before but i kinda love it haha
Back to top Go down
Shock

Shock

PostSubject: Re: XYZ materials question   XYZ materials question EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 4:00 am

Yeah Kevin Tewart just made the game a little more twisted with that
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: XYZ materials question   XYZ materials question EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 4:11 am

Yeah lol. I'm indecisive whether or not I like that ruling or not. It doesn't make sense why it wouldn't ever leave the field I guess though
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: XYZ materials question   XYZ materials question EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 11:12 am

hey johnboi, you're a judge right? if so you get rulings from konami if i remember correctly.

if you can, can you ask them if you can get an email from konami supporting the ruling, and then would it be possible for you to forward it to me?
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: XYZ materials question   XYZ materials question EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 7:20 pm

i usually got my rulings and information from a forum that only judges could get into, but the forum has been down for quite some time now.

Judge Manager Julia Hegburg said that anything that herself or Kevin Tewart says about rulings and information about the game can be used as official sources if they are quoted exactly. and Mr. Tewart was the one who stated all of this information.

here is what i have:

This is a little "FAQ" of sorts, using the exact quotes said by Kevin Tewart in this group.

Also, please remember that many of these answers are still under review, and may be modified when an official article be posted.

==============================​==================

1. RULES IN THE OCG FAQ (widespreaded everywhere)

Q: Should we use the rules in the OCG FAQ for the Xyz Monsters?
A: "Do not use OCG rules as a reference."

2. XYZ MATERIALS

Q: Are the Xyz Materials considered to be in the field, or not?
A: "As I've stated before in this group, Xyz Materials are in the field. Period. End of story."

Q: Since the Xyz Materials are on the field, are they still considered as Monsters on the field? Do they keep their effects?
A: "They're considered "on the field" yes, but don't have their 'on the field' effects since they're not monsters anymore. If Exiled Force is an Xyz Material you can't Tribute it. If XX-saber Fulhelmknight is an Xyz Material, you can't negate an attack. Just like if these same monsters were equipped to Relinquished, etc. It's easiest to think of Xyz Materials as very similar to equipped monsters, at least for now."

Q: Since they are considered to be in the field, can they targeted by something that targets cards on the field?
A: "The main difference is that since they don't occupy zones, you can't go after them with Caius or Raikgei Break or (heh) MST."

Q: If "Reborn Tengu" is used for Xyz Summon and later detached, does its effect activate?
A: "Yes, Tengu leaves the field when he's detached. As I said before."

Q: What about Sangan? Is ruled the same than Reborn Tengu?
A: "There is no difference."

Q: What happens if Plaguespreader Zombie, after using its effect is used for Xyz Summon and later detached?
A: "Similar to how Plaguespreader works if it becomes an equip spell card, Plaguespreader would be banished when it leaves the field. Again, this is under review."

Q: Can Monster Tokens be used as Xyz Materials?
A: "No. You can't use tokens because they're not physical cards you can pile under the Xyz Monster."

Q: Can Trap Monsters be used as Xyz Materials?
A: (...) "you can use Trap Monsters, for the same reason. Because they are cards you can pile under an Xyz Monster." (...) (Note: YES, he means you CAN).

Q: If the Xyz monster leaves the field, are the materials also considered to be destroyed? or are they still considered to be sent to the Graveyard?
A: "Sent"

Q: If the Xyz Summon is negated, are the Xyz Materials are considered to sent to the Graveyard or destroyed? Would Sangan or T.G. Warwolf activate its effects in such case?
A: "If the Xyz Summon is negated, the Xyz Materials are sent to the Graveyard. You would get Sangan's effect but not T.G. Warwolf's. Again, this is under review pending revisions to the rulebook that are under consideration."

3. MISCELANEOUS

Q: If "Gladiator Beast Darius" Special Summons a "Gladiator Beast" monster, and then "Darius" is used as Xyz Material, does the Special Summoned monster remain on the field and regains its effect?

A: (Valentin Fuentealba): "The monster summoned by Darius would recover its effects when Darius is used as Xyz Material, because it would be similar to being turned face-down."

(Kevin Tewart): "Valentin is correct. Darius no longer has any power over the other GB. It cannot negate its effects, nor can Darius say "I'M TAKING YOU WITH ME" when Darius goes to the Graveyard."

("Gladiator Beast Darius" new text): "When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a “Gladiator Beast” monster: You can target 1 “Gladiator Beast” monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target, but its effect(s) is negated by this card, and it is shuffled into the Deck when this card leaves the field.

Q: How would a Xyz monster with Xyz Materials attached to it interact with Magical Hats?

A: (Christopher 'Chrischi' Böttcher): "You should take the materials aside, while performing the Magical Hat effect."
(Kevin Tewart): "Sounds good to me."

hope this helps
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: XYZ materials question   XYZ materials question EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 2:43 am

btw, I have a question too, if I'm using Crystal Beasts as XYZ Materials, and I detach one, does it go to grave, or can I put it to S/T? I think it goes to grave, and what if the XYZ monster is destroyed? Then they go to S/T, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XYZ materials question   XYZ materials question EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 3:11 am

TheRuler wrote:
btw, I have a question too, if I'm using Crystal Beasts as XYZ Materials, and I detach one, does it go to grave, or can I put it to S/T? I think it goes to grave, and what if the XYZ monster is destroyed? Then they go to S/T, right?

When cb are xyz materials and they are detached they are SENT TO GRAVE.Therefore they don't get their effects.Also kevin crap said that when a xyz monster is destroyed the materials are sent to grave not destroyed

Last edited by Fallen King on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: XYZ materials question   XYZ materials question EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 3:12 am

good, what about the second scenario? Very Happy

/EDIT

DAMN
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: XYZ materials question   XYZ materials question EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 6:45 am

hey the ruler do u have a crystal beast deck? irl?
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: XYZ materials question   XYZ materials question EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 5:47 pm

nah, I don't play irl, there isn't any good stores that sell cards near me :/ I do have some CB Cards though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XYZ materials question   XYZ materials question Empty

Back to top Go down

XYZ materials question
Page 1 of 1