Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOffering to the snake Deity I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Offering to the snake Deity

Go down 
+2
Vongola-x
Nivedo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nivedo

Nivedo

Offering to the snake Deity Empty
PostSubject: Offering to the snake Deity   Offering to the snake Deity EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 2:48 pm

ok i was in a duel once again, and this time it came up as an arguement that for Offering to the Snake Deity that the offering has to be face up in order to destroy, although the card doesnt state that it must be face up and neither does it state on the card in a way that would imply that i have to tribute a reptile card, it just says to "destroy 1 reptile i control and destroy 2 cards my opponent controls", i decided to push it off and continued and then they already had skull lair face up on the field and on my turn i activated offering when i flipped my monster face up, and they chained skull lair, that has been face-up for serveral turns to offering to remove my face-up reptile.

so here are my main questions.

does/can Offering to the Snake Deity
1)Require tribute, or do you just need to be able to destroy a reptile on your side of the field
2)be chained by another face-up continuous trap card that has been activate several turns before
3)need to have a tribute(if it is considered a tribute) be face-up on the feild
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: Offering to the snake Deity   Offering to the snake Deity EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 2:58 pm

1) It says destroy, so destroy
2) huh? name the card and situation
3) just on field, no need to be face-up

and it is not a cost, so if the card is negated, your reptile stays on field
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: Offering to the snake Deity   Offering to the snake Deity EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 3:55 pm

the situation like i said was my opponent used skull lair after he had it face-up on the feild for more than 2 turns.

and for number two i just want to clarify that my reptile does not need to be face up when i destroy it, correct?
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

PostSubject: Re: Offering to the snake Deity   Offering to the snake Deity EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 4:20 pm

It does not need to be face up. It is similar to icarus attack where you can tribute say, a set vayu. Same mechanics for offering. And if your reptile is facedown he cant activate skull lair anyhow

Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: Offering to the snake Deity   Offering to the snake Deity EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 4:24 pm

no he was arguing about it so i went on, and flipped my monster face up, then when i activated offering to the snake deity, he tried to chain skull lair to it after it had been face up for a couple of turns already. the way i see it it would be illegal to do since it wasn't his turn, am i right or was he in the right
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Offering to the snake Deity   Offering to the snake Deity EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 4:27 pm

You could hav tributed the facedown so it doesn't matter much, but yeah he can actuate it on your turn
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

PostSubject: Re: Offering to the snake Deity   Offering to the snake Deity EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 4:29 pm

you are right. There is no reason to flip your reptile. as you will destroy it face down. Skull lair is irrelevant as your reptile never goes face up.

When it comes to skull lairs timing. Thats a different story as the text is unclear so in essence you can activate it as many times as you want...So long as the opponents monster is face up
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Offering to the snake Deity   Offering to the snake Deity EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 6:34 pm

no quincy i think he's trying to say that he flipped his monster face up because his opponent was complaining. after he flipped it he activated his offering to the snake deity and his opponent chained his already face up skull lair.

Nivedo: your opponent was right. he can chain his skull lair to your offering.
Back to top Go down
Supreme_King

Supreme_King

PostSubject: Re: Offering to the snake Deity   Offering to the snake Deity EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 2:54 am

@Quincy and Harper: You guys are both wrong. Book Of Moon stops Offering to the Snake Deity. Reason? You need to destroy a Reptile-type monster, right? Well, face-down monsters do not have types, meaning you don't know whether a Book Of Moon-ed monster is a Reptile or not(well, you do, but the game doesn't). And the effect fizzles because the card can't find the targeted Reptile-type monster.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Offering to the snake Deity   Offering to the snake Deity EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 5:30 am

Really? Bc you can use facedown monsters for Icarus Attack, Crush Card Virus, and Planet Pollutant Virus Very Happy. Not to mention being able to fuse with facedown gbs
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Offering to the snake Deity   Offering to the snake Deity EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 6:46 am

tributing for a cost is different. when you activate a card that requires an exact to something (attack, defense, attribute, type) it turns it over to check. If Icarus Attack read, "Send one Winged-Beast Type monster to the graveyard to destroy 2 cards on the field.", then you would not be able to pay it using a face down monster. but there is no cost for offering to the snake deity, its all one effect.

and to be honest i don't really know why you can contact fuse with face down gb's, but all i know is that you're supposed to reveal the facedown gb's before you put them back in the deck. i'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to rulings that were in the UDE days.
Back to top Go down
Supreme_King

Supreme_King

PostSubject: Re: Offering to the snake Deity   Offering to the snake Deity EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:00 am

j0hnb0i wrote:
tributing for a cost is different. when you activate a card that requires an exact to something (attack, defense, attribute, type) it turns it over to check. If Icarus Attack read, "Send one Winged-Beast Type monster to the graveyard to destroy 2 cards on the field.", then you would not be able to pay it using a face down monster. but there is no cost for offering to the snake deity, its all one effect.

Approved by the Worm Freak.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Offering to the snake Deity   Offering to the snake Deity Empty

Back to top Go down

Offering to the snake Deity
Page 1 of 1