Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeStardust negate effect I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stardust negate effect

Go down 
+4
j0hnb0i
Krysu
TinyCrash
Nivedo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Nivedo

Nivedo

Stardust negate effect Empty
PostSubject: Stardust negate effect   Stardust negate effect EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 5:30 am

Can stardust negate counter traps that destroy
Back to top Go down
TinyCrash

TinyCrash

PostSubject: Re: Stardust negate effect   Stardust negate effect EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 5:47 am

I'll say this once, Stadust Dragon can negate everything that destroys a card(s) but it cannot negate counter since it's counter trap so spell speed 3 and stardust is spell speed 2.
Back to top Go down
Krysu

Krysu

PostSubject: Re: Stardust negate effect   Stardust negate effect EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 6:12 am

TinyCrash has right Stardust is a speed spell 2 and counter trap's are speed spell 3 so he can't chain them and if you want more info's about spell speed's you can find here
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Spell_Speed
Back to top Go down
TinyCrash

TinyCrash

PostSubject: Re: Stardust negate effect   Stardust negate effect EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 6:14 am

Thanks Krysu for the link I didn't think about it Smile
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Stardust negate effect   Stardust negate effect EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:54 am

TinyCrash wrote:
I'll say this once, Stadust Dragon can negate everything that destroys a card(s) but it cannot negate counter since it's counter trap so spell speed 3 and stardust is spell speed 2.

stardust can't negate snipe hunter or magical dimension =b
Back to top Go down
TinyCrash

TinyCrash

PostSubject: Re: Stardust negate effect   Stardust negate effect EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 12:41 pm

Haha thanks for the precision Johnboy Smile
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: Stardust negate effect   Stardust negate effect EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 12:45 pm

isnt magical dimension though a spell speed 2? so wouldnt stardust be able to negate it? or is stardust a spell speed 1 instead of 2?
Back to top Go down
TinyCrash

TinyCrash

PostSubject: Re: Stardust negate effect   Stardust negate effect EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 12:47 pm

Well truth but since snipe hunter and magical dimension aren't 100% sure to destroy a card on the field you can't activate SD. Even if snipe hunter gets the effet, you wont be able to negate it.
Back to top Go down
Krysu

Krysu

PostSubject: Re: Stardust negate effect   Stardust negate effect EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 1:02 pm

You rlly had to confuse him great job TinyCrash after he finally learned the spell speed's lawls, but still you right so Nivedo keep it in mind that stardust can negate only card's that are 100% sure that destroy a card Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TinyCrash

TinyCrash

PostSubject: Re: Stardust negate effect   Stardust negate effect EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 1:02 pm

Haha I feel bad now T_T
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: Stardust negate effect   Stardust negate effect EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 3:10 pm

so what makes it so that its not a for sure destroy in magical dimension, is it the fact that you can decide to destroy or not? and if so is it the same thing for all cards that let you decide to destroy?
Back to top Go down
Stardust Dragon

Stardust Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Stardust negate effect   Stardust negate effect EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 3:27 pm

NO , when u decide to destroy then u can negate it
but when something activates and u want to destroy but it doesnt have to destroy 100% then u cant negate it
simply it can negate anything but counter traps , snipe hunter , magical dimension
sadfully... =/
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Stardust negate effect   Stardust negate effect EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 6:16 pm

Sorry for confusing you more haha. Stardust is spell speed 2, if it wasn't it couldn't chain to anything. But there are rare occasions where he would miss timing to activate his effect. With Snipe Hunter, the effect activates, but since you have to roll the dice it's not for sure if anything will be destroyed. See, Stardust can only negate if his effect can chain to it. With Snipey, when and if you can destroy something, Snipe Hunter's effect is still resolving so Stardust can't "butt in" so to speak, in the middle of the effect resolving. You see, it doesn't have too do with the "can" clause. If your opponent summons XX-Saber Hyunlei, Stardust can negate that, even though Hyunlei's effect states: "When this card is synchro summoned, you CAN destroy up to 3 of you opponent's spell or traps cards." With Hyunlei, since you activated the effect, you WILL destroy something. Your opponent doesn't HAVE to activate the effect, but if they do, you can negate it because it WILL destroy something. With Magical Dimension, you don't HAVE to destroy anything, even if you activate it, so since Stardust only negates when you first activate Dimension, he can't "butt in" in the middle of the resolution. There is one other, even more complicated situation that involves Stardust (sorry for confusing you but I guess you should know lol). Let's say your opponent has Stardust, and you have Light And Darkness Dragon (LaDD) that is weaker than Stardust because you negated some stuff. Stardust attacks, and you flip Mirror Force. Now actually, Stardust CANNOT negate it. Reason: with Stardust you CAN negate it, with LaDD you MUST negate it. So since your LaDD's effect is mandatory and Stardust optional, your LaDD chains before Stardust has a chance to. Also, you can proceed to chain Book Of Moon to LaDD's effect, and since LaDD only negates once per chain, you can flip LaDD facedown...since he's facedown, he can't negate Mirror Force like he was going to. And since it's in the middle of a chain resolving, Stardust STILL can't negate Mirror Force. In this situation, Stardust would die. Sorry if that only confuses you more, I swear this is the most complicated game ever xD. But it boils down to this:

Stardust can negate anything that destroys, unless:
1. It is a Spell Speed 3 (only counter traps are Spell Speed 3)
2. Something causes Stardust to miss timing. The only way he can miss timing is if the destruction effect happens while a chain or card effect is still resolving
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Stardust negate effect   Stardust negate effect EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 6:58 pm

Stardust Dragon wrote:
NO , when u decide to destroy then u can negate it
but when something activates and u want to destroy but it doesnt have to destroy 100% then u cant negate it
simply it can negate anything but counter traps , snipe hunter , magical dimension
sadfully... =/

stardust can't negate it at all, even if your opponent decides to destroy.
Back to top Go down
Shadow

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Stardust negate effect   Stardust negate effect EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:09 am

j0hnb0i wrote:
TinyCrash wrote:

stardust can't negate snipe hunter, magical dimension or stratos =b
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Stardust negate effect   Stardust negate effect EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:45 am

That's a gay ruling btw. There's no reason that Stratos can't negate Stratos except because Konami said so. "You can choose not to destroy any cards at the end of the resolution". Seriously, wtf? "I'm going to activate Stratos' second effect to destroy spell and trap cards...but I'm not going to destroy anything." -.-. That's the only card like that that has that ruling. Hyunlei can also has the "up to" clause but Stardust can negate her. I honestly see no difference other than bc konami said so
Back to top Go down
Shadow

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Stardust negate effect   Stardust negate effect EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:46 am

Harper7000 wrote:
That's a gay ruling btw. There's no reason that Stratos can't negate Stratos

Epic.

And yea it's gay.
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Stardust negate effect   Stardust negate effect EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 7:16 am

Shadow wrote:
j0hnb0i wrote:
TinyCrash wrote:

stardust can't negate snipe hunter, magical dimension or stratos =b

lol there's probably a long list of cards that stardust couldn't destroy that i can't think of.

Harper: its the same with magical dimension. you choose if you want to destroy a monster while it's resolving. cards like these make the game fun! (sarcasm)
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Stardust negate effect   Stardust negate effect EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 7:38 am

I know WHY...I just don't know WHY xD. Konami said that it chooses during resolution...but how can I get that just by reading the card text? Same thing with Trishula nd Caius. With Trish you choose cards during resolution, but not with Caius. Why? Their effects read much the same, except Caius is mandatory...so what's the difference?
Back to top Go down
Shadow

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Stardust negate effect   Stardust negate effect EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 7:49 am

Konami just ruined the game...
Back to top Go down
Supreme_King

Supreme_King

PostSubject: Re: Stardust negate effect   Stardust negate effect EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:11 am

The same issue arises with Flip Flop Frog. I think that you have to refer to the Yu-Gi-Oh! rulebook for that sort of effects Very Happy
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Stardust negate effect   Stardust negate effect EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:55 am

you can't "target" cards in the hand. so for trishula's effect it technically can't "target". that's why you target(select) cards to remove during resolution.
Back to top Go down
Supreme_King

Supreme_King

PostSubject: Re: Stardust negate effect   Stardust negate effect EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 9:07 am

Trishula does not select cards in hand j0hn, the card in hand is selected randomly. I tested that in Over the Nexus.
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Stardust negate effect   Stardust negate effect EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 10:22 am

i understand that, but we don't really have a way to select cards at random except to have your opponent select one at random. so at the last regional tournament i went to, when someone asked why trishula doesn't target, that's how the head judge explained it. =b

i mean there probably is another reason why trish doesn't target, but that's how a couple other experienced judges are saying it works too. so that's what i tell people.

please let me know if you guys find another source that says otherwise because i don't like not being sure about an answer haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stardust negate effect   Stardust negate effect Empty

Back to top Go down

Stardust negate effect
Page 1 of 1