Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDiStar's Duels - Page 2 I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DiStar's Duels

Go down 
+2
Scorpion67
DiStar
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DiStar

DiStar

DiStar's Duels - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 6:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello Everyone <--cheesy,no ?

I hope To post a fair amount of Video's as time goes on, but for the moment I only have two video's laying around to offer.

This is a game between me a scorp. The comments explains anything needed. I would like to note though that my audio was taken out ( Ty Youtube -.- ), so unfortunately no music on this one; I'm sorry.
Edit- I Re-uploaded With Music Very Happy

Audio Didn't get popped on this one ( Go figure ), but is another match between me and scorp.

I would like to mention ( As Noted in both Video's ), I accidentally left my Mouse Pointer on while Recording; So I apologize for that...was at Night we played and I wasn't overly paying attention to the recorder Razz

I'll try to post more vids as I can and as I have time really; I'll also TRY to add Audio on all my Vids..as long as Youtube Doesn't pop them and have them removed :/

Lastly, These Video's were mearly test's and recorded for fun, So I don't have them set to be public...so as such I would ask they're kept that way; Unless I decide to change it otherwise. Thank You
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 7:23 pm

sorry! i didn't mean to point out all of the misplays! haha

i'm going to be judging at a regional this weekend and to practice for big events i like to watch duels and point out stuff and make ruling corrections so forgive me if it becomes annoying =b
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 8:04 pm

Haha, Thats fine man, I'm glad all of you point these things out; Because I want to fix any errors to try to eliminate as many misplays as possible. I personally Don't like thinking I made a error in a duel that could have effected the outcome.

Like when the guy forgot to add a Saber to his hand from garsem ( Why i checked it cuz i was positive he was supposed to search ), I want to know that if I win..I won on my own merit and not cuz i cheated or pulled a fast one. So if someone forgets something, I don't mind pointing it out..even if it doesn't help me in the duel per say.

Regardless, I may try posting some more here today If I get the time ( Been kinda in and out during my vacation Razz ), Might Use X-Sabers this time or I could use Ragin Turbo as most have asked about it since I been here.

One thing I would point out though Is that going from testing decks on DS ( Faster as you have a fair amount of cards available to you too test within minutes if a build works or not ), to playing on KC is a bit of a adjustment. Reason being on Ds, All the rulings are edited in and any phases in yu-gi-oh are all prompted for you...so it makes you lazy almost and transitioning back to Kc where you have to keep track of all the phases yourself and rulings..makes you a bit rusty,lol..

Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 8:46 pm

lol yea i've been playing on the DS too so brushing up on my skills wouldn't hurt haha

do you play irl or is work keeping you too busy?
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 1:16 am

I stopped playing IRL some time ago. When I did play, it was when Yu-Gi-Oh first started so I had all the original cards. So a few booster packs in I won a few locals with the old school Warrior Toolbox ( Wasn't alot of cards out so there wasn't much to choose from really ).

I stopped tho after I finished high school though in terms of RL play. I sold all my old cards as well ( Which I now regret ), Cuz I had all the originals in my deck:/

Some off the top my head I had

Mirror,solemn,seven tools, yata,jinzo, painful choice, snatch steal, both envoys ( 3 copies of Black Luster..only one of Emperor:/ ), torrential,vampire lord, Ha-des, Necrofear, Hino//Yamata, Cylinder, Dark Paladin, MST, forceful Sentry, etc

Alot of those have since been Banned and or re-printed and for me takes away the luster of having the originals of the cards,lol..

I ended up just taking up Yu-Gi-Oh online and on Ds to catch back up since I took a 2 year break or so from the game. So new age regionals and card combo's,etc..is all something I have to personaly study on when i have time. Luckaly playing back since the beginning led me to have a decent knowledge of the game..but Yu-Gi-Oh evolves alot in terms of rules and cards..so it can be hard to keep up at times ( More so not playing IRL anymore..so a portion of experience in my behalf is lost I have to make up for by studying Decks, opinions, cards to give myself a edge or knowledge level to keep on par with upper tier people )

So for me I have respect for people that still play IRL like yourself and scorp and nero,etc as it's more than im doing myself; I just try to contribute how I can back here virtually and share what information i come across on deck idea's and builds to help out Razz
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 5:54 am

and we thank you for your creative deck ideas and other information that you give us! =D
it also helps us to become better players (well me anyway) haha
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 6:20 am

Yeah sorry bro if we're annoying you with our corrections. I just figured that (like you said) you appreciate knowing mistakes to change them. Lol I never knew that about Norlereas, I had always assumed it said destroy. My bad Razz. And I agree with John, I love watching duels, especially by people who know what they're dueling. It's better than tv...since tv has nothing good on xD. Helps us to learn new deck ideas and strategy too
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 6:41 am

I'm kinda the same. I actually do alot of studying..From watching alot of games..reading info..and do that on other things as well. I actually Enjoy watching SC 2 commentary and know alot about the game..tho I don't play it personally,lmao..

and yes..knowing mistakes I make can help me make sure I pay attention to them in the future so I don't repeat them. I'm pretty knowledgeable about rulings as the such..but when your in the midst of a game..it can be a bit hard to think more about rulings than strategy to beat your opponent. Why I think Kc can be a bit harder as unlike Irl..you don't have a luxury of a Judge to correct you and give you a heads up if you do make a small mistake here or there; Where as in Kc..someone mess's up..and neither side catch's it..then..it gets overlooked and the duel goes on,lol..
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 11:16 pm

Haven't been home alot today and was hanging out with friends, but Gonna throw out two quick videos. ( Sorry about that )

First Game was real quick and not very competitive..but Figured I would post it anyways.

Note- No Music on this one as its super short.

The Second game was alot better and very close in LP Razz

Note- Me and my opponent both agreed ( as you may have saw us speaking about ) to just skip the ladder sync process with Dux; Hence the Sync dumping of Vandj~ towards the end.

Enjoy
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 5:39 am

Yay a new episode of Distar kicking someone's butt at a children's card game Very Happy! *turns on the "tv"*. Woot it's my deck! SD/AM ftw! I guess it's working pretty well for you. I just realized something though, I completely forgot Seven Tools in my build. Looks like I'm kicking Mystletain after all. Lol @ the first game when he didn't Solemn you. 2nd game was pretty epic. He actually summoned Exterio! Maybe it isn't quite so situational after all. But like most Naturias his attack is low for his level so he was no match for Absolute Powerforce xD. Man I love the card game channel xD
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 6:04 am

Haha...I Was lucky I had Ravine already out though..otherwise Exterio Would have negated me needing to play it. Also, Was lucky I had Red Dragon in the Extra deck As I was also trying out the Nova Tech ( After testing..its FUN..but not worth the side deck for )

The Deck does run ok though for the most part..and find I can get out SD/AM first turn most games if the hand Allows it. All I need is 3 cards basically.

Ravine ( 6 Targets in the Deck )

Dux//Phalanx ( 6 Targets in the Deck )

Assault Mode Activate ( 5 Targets in the Deck )

And thats just for a first turn SD/AM...getting those cards over 2-3 turns... Rolling Eyes

Scorp did Present a good point about Dragunities though, And that's that their primarily a Early game deck. Meaning your gonna have realistically 3-4 good push's with the deck before you either burn yourself out..or draw a POA ( Whichever comes first ).

In using SD/AM..I hope that gives the deck a extra wrinkle to give it some staying power to counter that. From testing...I think I would call it a success..but now the question is...What can Improve the deck in the Narrow space thats available.

P.S- Thank you for the comments; I try to post videos as I can Razz ( Which means me sitting on my fat ass for an hr or so and find duels worth recording )

Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 7:18 am

I'm sorry about not posting anything new the last few days, but I wanted to try spending some of my last days of vacation away from Yu-Gi-Oh and my computer,lol..

I tried to get some match's in to record, but unfortunately finding a competitive match on KC can sometimes be hard :S

Anyhow, I went ahead and recorded two games anyways, so Enjoy.

Quick note as well. We do have the Elimination tourney coming up that I'm participating in So I'll be sure to record my match's ( Win or Lose ) on here for anyone to see. Hopefully I make it out the first round so I have Alot of video's to post, but never know how the luck of the draw will go, haha
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 9:39 am

I can't watch that video for some reason Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

DiStar's Duels
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2