Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDiStar's Duels I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DiStar's Duels

Go down 
+2
Scorpion67
DiStar
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DiStar

DiStar

DiStar's Duels Empty
PostSubject: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 6:46 pm

Hello Everyone <--cheesy,no ?

I hope To post a fair amount of Video's as time goes on, but for the moment I only have two video's laying around to offer.

This is a game between me a scorp. The comments explains anything needed. I would like to note though that my audio was taken out ( Ty Youtube -.- ), so unfortunately no music on this one; I'm sorry.
Edit- I Re-uploaded With Music Very Happy

Audio Didn't get popped on this one ( Go figure ), but is another match between me and scorp.

I would like to mention ( As Noted in both Video's ), I accidentally left my Mouse Pointer on while Recording; So I apologize for that...was at Night we played and I wasn't overly paying attention to the recorder Razz

I'll try to post more vids as I can and as I have time really; I'll also TRY to add Audio on all my Vids..as long as Youtube Doesn't pop them and have them removed :/

Lastly, These Video's were mearly test's and recorded for fun, So I don't have them set to be public...so as such I would ask they're kept that way; Unless I decide to change it otherwise. Thank You
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

DiStar's Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 2:04 am

why did I had to lose Sad
Damn you Fullhelm knight remover Razz
Hope we will upload some more vids soon Smile but I will win this time Smile
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

DiStar's Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 8:10 am

The Game with Sabers could have gone either way; just annoyed I forgot to use Odins effect; forget they didn't make it continuous..have to physically use it every turn * sigh *

I agree though, We can play some more games here soon and post some more up; Win or Lose, I don't mind posting; as long as the game was ok and not overly one sided or boring; it's fine with me.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

DiStar's Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 9:43 am

Nordics ftw! I've been having fun with them too since you posted that example build. You made some misplays though. Odin can't be summoned with Guldfaxe -_-. You did that twice. And you milled 4 for Ryko. Otherwise cool duels! Post more when you can
THUNDER PILE!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

DiStar's Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 7:46 am

Ye, the Odin thing was a misplay ( didn't notice it until I looked back on the Vid ); Me and scorp were both kinda off to be honest...maybe because we played so late at night. Actually played a third game as well, but it was so horrible I didn't even bother posting it. ( Was Salvo Stun Vs Fish OTK Again )

I however did not mill 4 though...I just accidentally top decked Warning instead of discarding so I had to Re-draw it and mill it,lmao..

I Revised the deck some though, and im trying out the flamvell tech in the deck..see if it add's any extra omph..or just slows it down,lol... Next time we play though we'll try to do it earlier so we are not as absent minded and don't make as many misplays. ( Hard to do between Scorp getting time on his computer and catching him before a NHL game comes on,haha )

I'll try to post some more tomorrow though, Just having a decent game without someone ragequitting on Kc is quite the challenge...
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

DiStar's Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:51 am

Two more Videos to add

Shining Gate Vs LightSworn

Game Wasn't really competitive but funny as I stopped this kids JD 3 times in one turn,lmao..

Shining Gate Vs Gravekeepers

This game went ok; aside from my opponent being a bit slow. I was once or twice myself though as It's hard to decide what to pick sometimes for stratos & E-call as I have to keep in mind do I summon it..or use it as Gate food and get it back with Shining for later,etc

Also, I Did replay this guy..but forgot to record it unfortunately..but I won the 2nd duel as well to go 2-0 vs GK. The 2nd game was much better though...i'll TRY to explain some of it from what I remember.

I started with Fusion Gate, Terraforming X2, TKR, then 2 other cards.

ME: I opened with playing both terra to get all 3 gates in hand; then summoned TKR and end my turn i believe.

OPP: Opened with playing valley and running over my TKR with commandant; then set 2 backrow.

Me: I Played gate overlapping his valley ( A Common theme in this duel.. ) and went AZ; He used warning..but you can't warning gate nor AZ in this case...but to avoid a 10 min argument..I let him negate Zero...

OPP: Played a 2nd Valley ( forgot the rest )

ME: Overlapped his valley with Gate Again; and went Shining.

OPP: Used rite of spirit to get back commandant from the grave..summoned gale..used eff on shining ( 3800 Atk< 1900 Atk ). He then synced to armor master and ran over shining ( Used his eff here ). He then used Stelle to get back commandant and something else..pitched commandant for his 3rd valley and played it.

ME: Overlapped Valley a THIRD time for Gate ( sure this was pissing him off by now ), Went Zero..then Summoned Stratos..searched..went for my final Zero using stratos and the 2nd Zero..killing his armor master..attacked..ran into D-Prison ( Annoying as I had decree and Alius in hand...but Hindsight is 20/20..so w/e.. ) I Set Decree and Ended my turn.

OPP: Summoned..attacked,set 1 backrow ( Had 2 now ) I chained Decree at end phase.

Me: Summoned TKR; ran over decendent.

OPP: No Play ( My LP were 5400 at this point and his 5200 )

ME: Gate for Shinning w/ TKR and Alius in hand. Shining = 5300 Atk so GG

His 2nd card he set in backrow was Seven tools..so using decree during the EP was good timing..2nd card was Mirror Force.

I'll try to make a Article on Shining Gate here soon If I get around to it; so Look for that here soon ( If I'm allowed to do articles,o0 )
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

DiStar's Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 11:07 am

Damn that Rage Quiter !!!! XD
Nice duels man Wink
As for the artciles, I will change your rank to Teacher and you wil have Acces so our Article team discusion topic.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

DiStar's Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 11:28 am

:O you have access to my super-secret Shining Gate deck? Lol cool duels man. I already made an article on The Shining Gate but it would be cool to see your build and take I suppose...
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

DiStar's Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 6:45 pm

I don't know if I would call it super secret but I haven't done a article in awhile, So I figured I would take a stab at it. I honestly didn't know you already had one though; I'll try checking it out when I get the chance.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

DiStar's Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 4:00 am

Haha I wonder if you take me too seriously sometimes. Imm sure I wasn't the first to think of it, though I must say I DID think of the concept myself. Our builds are similar, but I really like including the Chain Material plays though, they add so much intense speed. I'll comment more detailed on your article thread
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

DiStar's Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 3:14 pm

You were not the first; nor was I,lmao..

I simply went Decree over Chain Material as I run a small trap count and want outs to protect against any annoying traps. Also, Chain Material if anything seems like a Turbo Way of running the deck as you can + by insane amounts if you wanted. I just didn't want to rely on CM to win duels and gain advantage..hence why I went with a Less hero based monster line-up and played more traditional.

Not saying I'm right or wrong in which to go with; just personal preference Very Happy

P.S- Since when am I to serious *Glares*
..... *Pokes Harper*
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

DiStar's Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 4:35 pm

I've been kinda kicking back today as I'm on vacation this week so I haven't done too much Yu-Gi-Oh wise..but I did get in a duel in my spare time and figured I would post it to try to keep my Thread Active.

Old School FTW Razz

Enjoy

No Music on this one as even sped up it was kinda long; Plus I was a bit Lazy,lol... ( Just listen to Itunes while you watch people Rolling Eyes )

Basically a Throw in match though and shows that yes I am Human and do lose sometimes >.>
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

DiStar's Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 7:00 am

Updated with another Match

I'll try to Group All the Match's together at some point as well, so the Thread doesn't stretch all over the place.
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

DiStar's Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 7:29 am

at :56 your opponent resolved goblin zombie and trishula incorrectly, but trishula shouldn't miss timing at that part in the duel. yes its an optional trigger but the trigger was still successful since it was synchro summoned successfully.

chain link 1 goblin zombie goes to grave
chain link 2 trishula's trigger effect activates

resolves backwards
chain link 2 trishula removes stuff
chain link 1 goblin zombie search
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

DiStar's Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 4:07 pm

Your actually correct on that one. Same instance of Black Rose Dragon & Dandylion in how they resolve ( BRD being 2 and Dandy 1 in chain link ). Think I got too caught up trying to explain to the person that Trishula is a optional trigger and that it CAN miss timing; I forgot To actually let him get his effect off,lmao.. ( Crude Sense of irony I suppose as I used BRD and Dandy Right after the trish play )

The fact he didn't know that Trishula was a optional trigger though does make me scratch my head; Makes me wonder if people DO read there cards sometimes.

Regardless, I Think we should have took the game slower though as the kid forgot to topdeck PSZ in that one instance and almost forgetting to mill a few times, which could have impacted the game; just as much as the bumble on the trish play where we got caught up in dialogue and never actually used the monster's effects correctly.

Thanks for pointing that out though; Kinda wish I could take that moment back as it looks bad on myself when I go thru a lengthy explanation like that and in the end forget to resolve the effects correctly before continuing on. ( I know pure well about chain links and order..which is showed by the simple BRD play...but I think I talk to much and forget to simply go back to basics and get the call right..over trying to sound like a rulebook and bumble a simple 2 Chain link play I've done myself before )

Back to top Go down
Shadow

Shadow

DiStar's Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 4:30 pm

im the norleras master!!!

jk but cool duel, saw the first only since im going to school now
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

DiStar's Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 5:06 pm

I would be surprised how many even remember the old Hopeless Norleras deck's when REDMD first came out. Ty though
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

DiStar's Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 5:33 pm

hopeless norleras is the first norleras deck I played vs, was so annoying xD
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
DiStar

DiStar

DiStar's Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 6:43 pm

Vongola-x wrote:
hopeless norleras is the first norleras deck I played vs, was so annoying xD

Indeed. Dunno if you recall the Zombie one before Mezuki was limited to spawn out multiple Despairs from your grave after using POC. More annoying as the beaters come out right after POC compared to waiting till your NEXT end phase to SS REDMD w/ Wyvern. ( As your Normal Summon is wasted on POC to nuke and end up not being able to use Wyvern that turn as a result..)
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

DiStar's Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 6:48 pm

yea i was laughing when you told him he couldn't use trishula's optional eff and then you used black rose's optional effect xD

but its ok, i've done that to a lot of people before. one time i said beckoning light special summons the monsters from the grave instead of them going to my hand and my opponent believed me. i thought that's what the card did but i felt bad after i beat him and i read the card....haha

i remember playing the zombie norleras deck when mezuki was at 2. it was a fun deck haha
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

DiStar's Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 9:32 pm

Ye...just annoys me personally when I make a mistake like that when I very well know I'm wrong when I look back on it, and knew the right way the card should have been played.
Is Like if you were taking a trip to a old friends house one city over and take a wrong turn knowing you should have took a left but went right and get turned around in the process; The ensuing *Facepalm* does the moment no justice really.

I will admit though, I was glad it didn't turn into a flame war and the duel went on..cuz when someone corrects someone on Kc; it usually turns into a long argument and a ragequit; regardless of wether or not the individual was correct in a ruling.

Why I wish that little ruling button on KC worked correctly to serve as a quick reference; so if you simply don't know a ruling or have a brain fart like I did; you can at least refer to a reference to make sure you get the play correct before moving on.
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

DiStar's Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:23 am

Ok, Got a slightly bigger update than usual which should cover my Videos for the day.

First Game was a quick match using Miracle Gemini. Nothing fancy but Gorz Vs Gorz added some lolz.

My Next set of match's was a 4 game match against a player named Chin_Gen_Nyap. Aside from the uber cool name; we had some good competitive match's. I won't spoil which match's I Win or lose, but I will say one match escaped me I had a chance to win in...but got alittle to comfortable and it cost me. S@#$ Happens though, Right? xD

Honestly Though, He was a cool guy and made for some fun match's Cool

Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

DiStar's Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 5:37 am

Cool duels Cool. You made some misplays though: you activated Duality again with TKR up, and vs 2x Burden, wouldn't that affect Firedog's attack so he couldn't be BTH'ed? For example, King Tiger Wanghu's effect works on monsters affected by Acidic Downpoar, so I believe that means continuos alterations to attack/defense apply as soon as it's summoned but without activation. So bth wouldn't work I don't think bc Firedog had 1100. How's the Flamvell Nordic hybrid working for you? Better or more inconsistant than normal Nordics? That guy was pretty good but it was odd that he had max stalling cards in every single deck. Still, I like some of his techs like Jinzo. If you're still into dueling randoms you should invite them to DGA Very Happy
EDIT: also, why didn't you use Thor's revival effect after Norlereas?
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

DiStar's Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 6:57 am

you're right about the burden and bottomless thing harper. attack boosts/subtractions are applied right when the monster hits the field so bottomless shouldn't have affected firedog. and i think he didn't use thor's effect because the nordics have to be destroyed, not sent, to the grave.

and there was another missplay. when you attacked his ryko (in the last duel) and he targeted your facedown trap you chained your trap. it was in the damage step so you couldn't chain it haha =b

but other than that very nice duels! i love the flamvell and nordic idea haha
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

DiStar's Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 5:51 pm

@Harper- Your right on firedog, Just get used to playing on Ds sometimes so Not physically seeing the Atk/Def makes you forget about it.

Also, LOL on the rai-oh thing. Honestly forget about his first effect while he's on the field...when I see the card I just view him as a 1900 beater to run over that can stop synchro summoning Razz ( Often don't consider his first effect that big of a deal in terms of hampering me so I often overlook it )

And on thor; it has to be destroyed by battle or card effect of your opponent. "Sending" it doesn't proc it's revival effect. ( Could you imagine if it did? )

@Johnboi- Your right on Fetters, But your explination could use detail. You CAN activate normal traps, continuous trap/Magic, quickplay magics during the DS, but the card must DIRECTLY alter Atk/Def points to be able to be activated. Unfortunately didn't think about that when I chained it :S

Tho to be fair; I only played it anyhow Because I wanted him to MST it or destroy it thinking it was Oppression I got with POD,lol..

As for the deck itself. I posted the video's with that deck as I honestly just wanted to try it out and see how its working. For the most part its ok..as the issue I find in duels where it drags on..I run out of Nordic targets ( The one game showed that where i had no target for tranj~ ) So having a backup to still sync with so I'm not dead in the water with no more Nordics to push with is a big help.

P.S- Are you my personal Judge jOhn? xD ( Hope I don't owe you money like a attorney.. )

Ty for pointing out any mistakes on my part though everyone. I'm not perfect and Make slip-ups and If I can look to correct as many as I can; then great. Biggest issue I have is playing to quick sometimes and overlooking basic rulings; So I may try to slow down some and rectify those issues. ( The Rai-oh one is a good example..where i know his effect..but get tunnel vision and start playing quick and overlook a crucial effect in play on the field. ). I appreciate the feedback though ( Positive or negative ) as it helps me become better but also look to improve and hopefully bring better quality duels to you ( As I can find them on Kc,lol.. ).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DiStar's Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: DiStar's Duels   DiStar's Duels Empty

Back to top Go down

DiStar's Duels
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next