Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeWhat Do You Think About Shadow Duels? I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Do You Think About Shadow Duels?

Go down 
+10
RyuheiAoi
TheRuler
ivan209
vem123
NotSoGallantGallade
Gilgamesh
King007
iAndroid
Gracco
Harper7000
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

What Do You Think About Shadow Duels? Empty
PostSubject: What Do You Think About Shadow Duels?   What Do You Think About Shadow Duels? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:26 am

the duel arena is becoming really active lately, which is good. but why not mix it up? we have a shadow duel open, but if you want my opinion, it isn't that much different than normal duel arena. what do you guys think we should do to make it awesome?
Back to top Go down
Gracco

Gracco

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think About Shadow Duels?   What Do You Think About Shadow Duels? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:52 am

I think we should get regular duel arena points in addition to the poinst that are bet for winning a Shadow Duel.
Back to top Go down
iAndroid

iAndroid

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think About Shadow Duels?   What Do You Think About Shadow Duels? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:54 am

I say at the beginning of the duel u roll a dice . Depending on number , that stakes the duel.

for example: 1 is both start off with 4000 lp
2 Both start off with 1600 lp
3 Both can only use 3 trap cards during the duel.
and etc, what ever type of situation you can think of yea thats to make things more interesting thats my opinion
Back to top Go down
King007
Nostalgic Tourney Organizer
King007

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think About Shadow Duels?   What Do You Think About Shadow Duels? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:07 am

i think since it's a shadow duel, the one that loses gets banned for 3 days xD JK Razz

srsly: i think the loser could win a deck fixup from one of our pros Smile
that's all i can think of right now
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think About Shadow Duels?   What Do You Think About Shadow Duels? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 10:55 am

i agree
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think About Shadow Duels?   What Do You Think About Shadow Duels? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 11:00 am

Gracco: that's an okay idea but we need something that makes it unique, some kind of penalty for the loser preferably.
Android: that's a decent idea, I'll keep it in mind.
King: I'm thinking something like that as a matter of fact but banning is too much. Maybe some other penalty though. Deck fixes are more like a reward than a downside
Gilgamesh: agree with...?
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think About Shadow Duels?   What Do You Think About Shadow Duels? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 11:04 am

I'd venture to say subtracting points. Or something like not being able to... I dunno. Or having to do... I also dunno. Maybe just something like being the winner's b*&^$ for some amount of time? Razz
Back to top Go down
http://ffgtfgtr.deviantart.com
King007
Nostalgic Tourney Organizer
King007

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think About Shadow Duels?   What Do You Think About Shadow Duels? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 11:14 am

Harper7000 wrote:

King: I'm thinking something like that as a matter of fact but banning is too much. Maybe some other penalty though
u being serious ? lol i was kiding, it's stupid to ban some one for just a duel xD

and about the deck fix, i recommend it so that losers don't lose all time and that they get the chance to get better, and talking privately and getting instructed by a pro is a good way to learn :/
Back to top Go down
Gracco

Gracco

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think About Shadow Duels?   What Do You Think About Shadow Duels? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 11:49 am

Take off the betting restrictions and make it where the loser is penalized like restricted privelages, or shoot, there is a lot of things you could do. I would just make a list of acceptable punishments and let winners choose.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think About Shadow Duels?   What Do You Think About Shadow Duels? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 11:51 am

Lol I SAID banning was too harsh. Like you said, it would be dumb for something like that. But maybe something like big demoted to Blackrose for a week or until you win another Shadow Duel or something. It doesn't even have to be a penalty. We're brainstorming here guys, I want YOUR ideas Smile
Back to top Go down
Gracco

Gracco

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think About Shadow Duels?   What Do You Think About Shadow Duels? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 12:04 pm

What if a Blackrose loses a Shadow Duel? A list of punishments that are acceptable with winners choice on what is given makes it very interesting and gives the game a sense of a Real Shadow Duel feel. Not trying to repeat myself though, but it seems like a great idea...
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think About Shadow Duels?   What Do You Think About Shadow Duels? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 12:36 pm

i agree with king
Back to top Go down
vem123

vem123

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think About Shadow Duels?   What Do You Think About Shadow Duels? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:54 pm

make the winner take the loser's soul
Back to top Go down
ivan209

ivan209

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think About Shadow Duels?   What Do You Think About Shadow Duels? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:15 pm

You could put them in there own group for like two weeks called like banished where if they happen to win a match posted in the duel arena they only gain half of what they normally would.
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think About Shadow Duels?   What Do You Think About Shadow Duels? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:09 pm

I totally agree with vem in this one
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think About Shadow Duels?   What Do You Think About Shadow Duels? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 8:24 am

i agree with vem too Razz. but really though, ideas? i like ivan's idea, we might use that one. like have a "lost soul" or "shadow realm" rank and image or something like that. or perhaps we can even make a health system, and if you die you lose all your dga points or somehting similar. or both! another interesting thing i've thought of, maybe we can add an award or special rank for people that win a certain amount of shadow duels. what do you think?
Back to top Go down
RyuheiAoi

RyuheiAoi

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think About Shadow Duels?   What Do You Think About Shadow Duels? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:46 am

Oh damn. I never saw that this topic existed. Hmm... I've actually been considering Shadow Dueling lately, but it's hard to find an opponent that will agree with it, lest they are very confident they will beat me. And in that case, I find it hard to feel optimistic about my own chances. That said, it makes it hard to find a Shadow Dueling opponent, on the whole.

In terms of ideas to make it easier to Shadow Duel, I have a few ideas, but I am not sure all of them would be agreed upon with you guys. Yes, there should be a penalty for the loser. However, I feel there also needs to be an incentive to play, in case you lose.

One example I have of that is this:

Example 1 wrote:
Player A challenges Player B to a Shadow Duel. Player B agrees, and so the match is on.

Player A beats Player B in the match. Player A gains/Player B loses the agreed upon points and experience from before the match. Since Player A made the challenge, Player B rolls one six-sided die (This could be done at the end of the match, so that Player A could verify). Player B gains that much EXP and twice as many DGA Points (Which would help buffer the loss).

Player B beats Player A in the match. Player B gains/Player B loses the agreed upon points and experience from before the match. Since Player A made the challenge, Player A or B rolls one six-sided die (This could be done at the end of the match, so that the other player could verify). Player A loses that much EXP and twice as many DGA Points, and Player B gains the same amount (Gives Player B an extra incentive to accept Player A's challenge, and provides a slightly extra penalization for Player A losing).

I also think that an overall "Mental Health" bar would be a good idea. The bar could start at any number "x" and lose/gain any number "y/z" for losing/winning a duel (Two possibilities for this - 10% of the risked DGA Points (Minimum of 10 Mental Health, so even if 50 DGA Points, 10 Mental Health) OR a set amount of points wagered at the beginning of the match, defined with DGA Points/EXP risked). Then, the number would increase every week naturally... Say, 20% of missing health per week (Rounded down). You could even say you must have a minimum "Mental Health" number to duel.

I know, that sounds complicated, so I'll provide another working example.

Mental Health Example 1 wrote:
Player A and Player B both have 50 Mental Health. 50 DGA Points and 10 EXP are risked at the start of the match. 10% of DGA Points are also risked in Mental Health (Since that is 5, it is bumped up to 10 (The minimum)). Player A beats Player B, so Player A goes to go 60 Mental Health, and Player B goes to 40 Mental Health, along with the DGA Points/EXP for the winning/losing (This could include the aforementioned idea). Monday is considered the new week, so on Monday, Player A goes to 68 (40 missing; 20% = 8, 60 + 8 = 68), Player B goes to 52 (60 is missing; 20% = 12, 40 + 12 = 52).

The same would work for the risked points being set at the start of the match, except it wouldn't be set at 10% of DGA Points risked. It would be up to Player A and Player B to agree to at the start of the match.

I think it would also be a good idea to say that a player could not enter into a Shadow Duel if they had below a certain amount of Mental Health. For example, 25 Mental Health to start a duel. However, a player could participate in a duel that would risk them to go down as far as to 0. If I player hits 0 Mental Health, they cannot participate in another one until they hit 50 (Which would take one month (20 first week, 16 second week, 12 third week = 48, so they wouldn't be able to participate until the fourth week, when they gained 10 more points to hit 58)). If a player does not hit 0, they would only need to wait until they once more had 25 Mental Health. This would only take two weeks, at most.

As a possible additional loss to hitting 0 health, one could go "Insane" and be given some kind of additional limitation - This could range from being forced into Black Rose Violet for a certain amount of time, or restricting normal Arena usage until they hit a certain Mental Health number again.

I will try to think of more things. Let me know what you think of what I have already suggested, and I can work tweaks to those ideas already presented. I am quite interested in getting everyone more involved in the Shadow Dueling in the future, and I think it would be a great system with some improvement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think About Shadow Duels?   What Do You Think About Shadow Duels? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 6:58 pm

Damn dude, where do you come up with this stuff?

Anyway, I love Shadow Dueling, but last time I did it, my internet derped and I lost 2-1 (2 D/cs....). It made me a very sad panda.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think About Shadow Duels?   What Do You Think About Shadow Duels? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 7:19 pm

this sound interesting
maybe we can do it like that
Johnboi will have the last word on this tho, he is the one in charge of the Arena !
Back to top Go down
Princess Hyakka
OCG/Casual Deck Builder
Princess Hyakka

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think About Shadow Duels?   What Do You Think About Shadow Duels? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:32 pm

interesting topic n we should have a shadow duel its sounds like fun Smile
Back to top Go down
RyuheiAoi

RyuheiAoi

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think About Shadow Duels?   What Do You Think About Shadow Duels? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:33 pm

Would you like to Shadow Duel me, Spellcaster?
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think About Shadow Duels?   What Do You Think About Shadow Duels? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:52 pm

would you guys wanna do it with the dice roll or the way it is right now where people just wager an amount of points/exp?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think About Shadow Duels?   What Do You Think About Shadow Duels? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Do You Think About Shadow Duels?
Page 1 of 1