Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeTurbo Duels I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Turbo Duels

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

Turbo Duels Empty
PostSubject: Turbo Duels   Turbo Duels EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 9:51 am

Who here has ever seen 5D's or played one of the video games with Turbo Duels in it? I assume most of you have done one or the other and are familiar with how these duels function. Every standby phase both players add 1 Speed Counter to their total with a maximum of 12 and use these Speed Counters to activate Spell Cards. When I played this type of game for the first time it was shocking to see just how different it was from the standard Advanced Format duels, a lot of cards are significantly better/worse in a Turbo format duel and this really gives the game another layer of fun to it in my opinion.

Yugioh has a flaw that most other card games don't have. Yugioh lacks a resources system other than your hand and whatever cards you play, this has lead to an abundance of overpowered cards and the reason why Yugioh has such a lengthy banlist compared to other TCG's. With the added resource of Speed Spells drastically slowing down the rate players play spell cards (arguably the most powerful type of card in the game) games tend to be more control based and skillful strategy trumps sacking into crazy combos most of the time since the powerful Speed Spells typically have a very steep cost in terms of Speed Counters.

Would anyone on this forum be willing to adapt a list of Speed Spell cards that are exact copies of actual Spell Cards + the added cost and use this to play a Turbo format match over dueling network? Certainly I'm not the only person here who gets bored of always facing Plants, TGs, Agents, Dark World. If anyone is interested reply, if you aren't, let the thread die lol.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Turbo Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo Duels   Turbo Duels EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 10:50 am

i and others in the past have wanted a turbo dueling arena for dga. it would be awesome to mix it up. but the problem we always ran into was how to practically do it...if you can figure out exact rules and a good way to do it, that would be awesome
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

Turbo Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo Duels   Turbo Duels EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 11:08 am

The World Championship DS games have a list of Speed Spell cards so we could simply comprise a list of them, post them here, say "These are the allowed Speed Spells and this is their new text (post it in the thread)", possibly set speed spell requirements for other cards to help out other decks where the cost can be voted upon by forum members and post those changes in the thread as well. Most duels would have to take place in the Traditional section since otherwise you'd have to proxy cards like Speed Spell - Raigeki instead of just use a Raigeki in lieu of it although this could lead to issues if players wish to run multiple copies of "limited" Speed Spells (all speed spells actually allowed at 3).
Back to top Go down
redgar

redgar

Turbo Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo Duels   Turbo Duels EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 11:38 am

That sounds like a lot of work. Will there be ppl willing to do it?
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

Turbo Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo Duels   Turbo Duels EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 11:50 am

The list of Speed Spells in game isn't very many and that's just a Copy Paste job mostly.
Back to top Go down
RyuheiAoi

RyuheiAoi

Turbo Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo Duels   Turbo Duels EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 10:02 am

I am willing to play it. However, I know nothing about the cards you're talking about or the counters (I have never seen, nor played, a turbo duel).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Turbo Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo Duels   Turbo Duels Empty

Back to top Go down

Turbo Duels
Page 1 of 1