Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeTech of the Week #5  I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tech of the Week #5

Go down 
+2
nica89
Scorpion67
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Tech of the Week #5  Empty
PostSubject: Tech of the Week #5    Tech of the Week #5  EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 6:44 am

Sup DGA. Welcome to your Tech of the week. Today I will be reviewing a side deck card that will do very good in the 2 commming months if Dragunities will become the new meta and Karakuries will still gain popularity .

Tech of the week #5 : Electric Virus
Tech of the Week #5  300px-ElectricVirusSTON-EN-C-1E

This card id basicly abrain control against machines and Dragons wich are 2 awsome archtypes in this format. the dragunity starter came out this week and the deck is Fast and Furious ! It will defenitly be popular and be tier one. Dragunities spam dragon synchros every turn so you if you cant deal with them, just steal them and tribute them if you can or synchro with them. It can be a good thing if you take control of their scrap dragon too, you will get a + in that move. another deck that is gaining popularity is the Karakuri deck. when you look at the reegionals top 8, there is always a karakuri in the lot and believe me, its not just because he sacked, the deck is Solid and piss of a lot of people when they play against it. Machinas are doing very good too, it can always help to snatch a gadget and use it as a synchro material or just take control of the fortress in late game and attack with it. Well thats really basic stuff so lets talk about serious things

well at 1st I just mentined some of the decks that you can counter with this card and now I wana mention something VERY COOL for this decks users. those cards are actualy a MUST in your own side decks especialy for mirror matchs, Let me explain it

KARAKURI : If your a Karakuri player, you know that machines synchro monsters material are the best food for your extra deck. you can always take another monster type and synchro with it but that wont make your deck explose. If you go on a mirror match, the guys that was smart enough to side this card will definitly win the Match ! This card is just ridiculous, you make machinas and karakuries a good matchup for you in round 2 ( wich is not actualy the case in round 1 ) so karakuri players, if you were not using this, change your side decks now Wink. you can also use it against dragunities of course.

DRAGUNITIES : you can over extend easily with your decks and take a big beater on your opponent side of the field ( a dragon synchro ) can means OTK at anytime. The dragunity mirror match matchup is really random. Its like I go 1st i activate my field, effect of the field, sumon, set cards, end phase then your opponents go. he destroys ur field activating his field, do the same thing as you and its like that like the whole duel. if your outswarmed by the opponent because he have his field and you dont have yours, this card can make the difference.

MACHINA : dont have much to say than , OVEREXTEND, snatch your opponent monster and attack for game Razz

Well I know 2 of those 3 decks are not on KC yet but it is always good to know whats coming and be prepared for it Smile. this one was pretty short but it is a side deck card so its basicly self explanatory. Hope you liked it tho and cya next week for a new tech Wink

Last edited by Scorpion67 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nica89

nica89

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #5    Tech of the Week #5  EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 6:52 am

damn you scorp, why you have always tell to everyone how too counter my deck and all dragunity duelist,damn you, pinche vato, is not fun anymore,even if its good for me too i can side that againts machine and dragon,moreee food for me, More synchros Smile
Back to top Go down
Pein

Pein

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #5    Tech of the Week #5  EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 7:59 am

=O

I've thought about putting this card in my side like 2 banlists ago. xP

But I forgot about it thereafter..

Thanks for reminding me. Very Happy

And good article. .-.
Back to top Go down
http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/forum
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #5    Tech of the Week #5  EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 8:11 am

that's a great card, when I was looking at random cards a few months ago and i saw this card, I thought it was ok but i never thought of using it this way. great article
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #5    Tech of the Week #5  EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 8:18 am

Thx for the comment guys Smile

yeah this card can do a lot in this format, I realised it yesterday XD Machines are on fire and dragunities will be hard to stop now that book is Limited. This card is really good if you go second and you have the 1st attack Wink
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #5    Tech of the Week #5  EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 10:08 am

Good card, Basically the equivalent of puppet plant for Six Sams. I do figure KMP can be countered in other ways though, but for dragunities this may come in handy.

Speaking of dragunities..A card to really counter them would be "Dark Highlander", but his synchro requirements kinda throw that out the window...
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #5    Tech of the Week #5  EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 11:33 am

How did I miss this article o.o? Hm interesting idea it's basically Puppet Plant for something else...I remember those cards from way back when they came out. There's one for fiends and zombies too called Magical Marionnete. I think Virus is a good card but yet I don't think it's the BEST card to use. I don't see Karakuri or machina much (although they're good, ESP Karakuri), and vs Dragunities there are better sides like Closed Forest, Dust, etc. BUT in the mirror match it's pretty much a staple since you already have a field spell and it's a bad idea (usually) to side in Cydras when you use machines yourself
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #5    Tech of the Week #5  EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 5:29 am

@Harpy : :O NOOOO HARPPPPYYYY, Cydras is a staple in machine side decks XD If you know how to use them, you dont get wrecked, and Cydra gives agressivity to any deck. It saves your but in so many situations. Well cydra is indeed one of the best monsters in this game XD
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #5    Tech of the Week #5  EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 10:44 am

Idk about "Best", but it is one of the better splashable cards in the game since its effect is pretty simplistic to get out a 2100 beater.

Also, cydra is used in alot of machina decks and machine decks in general, and it doesn't screw you over as long as you know how to use it. Which...by use it..I mean don't summon him then go into a gadget play and SS a fortress and wonder why you got Fortress Dragon'd next turn.

I think it may help again Karakuri a bit though; if only to stop a potential OTK or make a snag in their Synchro Spam...but even then..if it's gotten to that point..your probably screwed already anyhow, lol

Only play I could see to stop their OTK is snag their SS from Bureido or Burkei; so that way they can't Link summon more of their synchros that turn. Otherwise...your Looking at a Trap Stun play, into synchro spam and GG,lol..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #5    Tech of the Week #5  Empty

Back to top Go down

Tech of the Week #5
Page 1 of 1