Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeTech of the Week #4 I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tech of the Week #4

Go down 
+5
nica89
j0hnb0i
LegendaryFrost
Scorpion67
TinyCrash
9 posters
AuthorMessage
TinyCrash

TinyCrash

Tech of the Week #4 Empty
PostSubject: Tech of the Week #4   Tech of the Week #4 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 12:35 pm

Yeah here comes your tech of the week guys Smile Don’t blame me for not being original for this one but I think I needed to made it about this monster because it is actualy the monster of the format and I will explain Why.

Tech of the Week #4 ?id=12593X700933&xs=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.wikia.com%2Fyugioh%2Fimages%2F2%2F22%2FThunderKingRai-OhYG02-EN-ScR-LE.png&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fyugioh.wikia

Tech Of The Week No 4 : Thunderking Rai-Oh

TKR has always been a VERY important monster since he came out for this hand obstruction and anti-synchro ability. I can’t even count the number of games I won because of TKR. He has always been a must in any deck and more now than even. Let me explain you why

1st March 2011 we just got out of a control format to enter in a format similar to the 1st march 2010 format which means an '' Explosive format'' with the only difference that Zombies, Blackwings and Lightsworns are all Crippled. The most explosive decks of this format (Besides Karakuri's XD) are indeed Six Sams and X-sabers. Those 2 decks have something in common. They have a lot of search cards to get the material they need to explose and OTK or over extend to gain the control of the field and put you in a position you don’t want to be. Another thing those decks have in common is that they hate TKR. A TKR on the opponent side of the field means stall and troubles.

Another reason why TKR is more important in this format than in any other format is the lost of 3 Book of Moon. In the other formats you had Book of moon to get over TKR's effect and over extend for game. Now the situation is more delicate. You only have 1 Book of moon so you need to use it wisely. TKR can easily force your opponent to waste his only Book or Dark Hole and thats pretty good for you if you want my opinion. Those are key cards that can change the beat of a duel.

Well that’s enough for Basics. Let’s see a little bit of advanced plays with TKR and our general Meta

The Formula / Black Rose Play : If your opponent ends his turn with a Level 5 monster on the field and a formula synchron and no backrows it can only mean one thing. Black Rose on the opponent’s turn. As you may know, your opponent cannot conduct the 1st action on your main phase. You have the priority of effects on your turn which means that your opponent cannot synchro with formula during your main phase 1 before you conduct an action or if you decide to end your main phase to enter to another phase. Your 1st action must be ‘’ SUMMON TKR ‘’ if you do that, his plan goes to hell. Now you have a response to his move and then you can go for a Reborn or whatever you have in hand. If your opponent decide to blow your field during your turn and not his turn it is probably because you had a beater he could get over on the field and he wanted to set a trap stun to be sure his move will not be countered by warning so you keep your field advantage with that move Wink

As you may know by now, TKR is very useful against most any special summon. But there’s some special you CAN’T negate with it. Cards like: Monster reborn, Call of the haunted, any Ritual Monsters etc. TKR can ONLY negate the special summon of a monster that special summon themselves like: Cyber Dragon, Chaos Sorcerer, JD, DAD, Archlord Krystia, Synchro Summon and etc. This proves you at this point that TKR is crucial in this format and in any decks!

Something to NOT to do with TKR! I’ve seen a couple of players doing this move which is pointless and a -1 for you. TKR can negate special summon right? But do NOT negate the special summon of Grandmaster of the Six sam, Scrap Dragon or Scrap Twin Dragon. Do I really need to explain why on this? Grandmaster will only bring back a Six Sam and Scrap will only bring back a monster. Don’t use it on a effect monster that will only gets their effect when they are destroy.

One of the most important part of TKR is the ability that both players cannot add cards from the decks to the hands. Isn’t it awesome? Most decks these days rely on searching cards from their deck. Cards such as : Sangan, Charge of the Light Brigade, Pot of Duality, Gk Recuiter, X-saber Darksoul, Gadgets, Machina Gearframe, Gateway of six sam, Shien Smoke signal etc. First turn TKr can really disrupt the flow of your opponent strategie.

This Tech of the Week 4 was brought you by Scorpion67 and Me, TinyCrash! Thank you for your time for reading this tech and see you next week for some awesome tech!
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #4   Tech of the Week #4 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 3:32 pm

Thx For Helping me with this topic bro Smile
Hope you like it guys Wink
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #4   Tech of the Week #4 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 3:35 pm

Excellent tech of the week nice work tinycrash
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #4   Tech of the Week #4 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 4:18 pm

TinyCrash wrote:
The Formula / Black Rose Play : If your opponent ends his turn with a Level 5 monster on the field and a formula synchron and no backrows it can only mean one thing. Black Rose on the opponent’s turn. As you may know, your opponent cannot conduct the 1st action on your main phase. You have the priority of effects on your turn which means that your opponent cannot synchro with formula during your main phase 1 before you conduct an action or if you decide to end your main phase to enter to another phase. Your 1st action must be ‘’ SUMMON TKR ‘’ if you do that, his plan goes to hell. Now you have a response to his move and then you can go for a Reborn or whatever you have in hand. If your opponent decide to blow your field during your turn and not his turn it is probably because you had a beater he could get over on the field and he wanted to set a trap stun to be sure his move will not be countered by warning so you keep your field advantage with that move Wink

sorry man, but TKR can't negate the synchro summon of Black Rose in your scenario. TKR can only negate incoherent summons. formula synchros at the resolution after it's activation so TKR isn't able to negate it haha

but i like all the points you put in this article. they are all very true. i'm kinda sad that i sold all of my thunder kings now Sad
Back to top Go down
nica89

nica89

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #4   Tech of the Week #4 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 1:18 am

lool hell yeah,we wont a lot of time in local tournament macth because of this card, this card is too good,enought powerfull,last time i use it, i beat it a damn six samurai deck,
firt turn i draw him , then summon him, and attack like 3 time, whit him directly cauz he cant searh muahahha, then he kill, monster reborn jhajaja fuck off six samurai, THE KING SHALL NEVER FALL, THE KING RAI-OH ALWAYS RISE , BOW TO THE KING Smile

NEXT TOPIC BOTH OF YOU,SCOPR AND TINY, OH ! BY THE WAY BRING THE CAMERA SATURDAY AT LOCAL TOURNAMENT FOR PICTURE Smile SHOW US IN IN REAL LIFE AND DECK (h) WE ARE FROM B.D COSMOS Smile MONTREAL PEOPLE LOLL
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #4   Tech of the Week #4 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 6:29 am

Thx for the support guys Smile

@John : this is formula's effect '' During your opponent's Main Phase, you can Synchro Summon using this face-up card you control as a Synchro Material Monster '' The monster you synchro dumon with formula synchron is special sumon correctly and not by the effect of another monster so you can use TKR's effect to negate it. If that monster would have been sumon incorectly wich means '' by the rosolution of the effect of another card '' if you synchro for for SD, SD will lose his effect like for Starlight road and that dont happens in this case.

I txt my judge today to have confirmation and I had it. solemn judgement can be use to negate that synchro Sumon Either Smile
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #4   Tech of the Week #4 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 11:56 am

the synchro monster is brought out on formula's resolution. thunder king can't negate special summons during a card effect's resolution. same thing with solemn judgment.

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=900830
Back to top Go down
TinyCrash

TinyCrash

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #4   Tech of the Week #4 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 4:48 pm

Hummm me, Scorpion and a Judge we argued on that for a while ago and yes you can negate it with TKR.

You send the Synchro Material Monsters to the Graveyard when you resolve the effect to Synchro Summon.
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Formula_Synchron

When the effect for Formula resolves the only thing that is happening is the synchro materials are send to the grave and thats when formula effect ends. The effect of Formula is different from Lonefire blossom, Test tiger etc. They have a cost to tribute and when the effect resolves they special summon another monster. And thats when a monster is summon by a resolution of a monster. It's nowhere written that the synchro monster is special by formula synchro. It stays like a synchron summon like you ordinary do.
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #4   Tech of the Week #4 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 12:40 pm

■The effect to Synchro Summon during your opponent’s Main Phase is a Quick Effect.[1]

Taken from yugi wiki, the citation being linked to Konami Gameplay FAQ.
Because it is a effect that is being used to synchro summon and not the general synchro summon you are not able to use Thunder King Rai-Oh to negate it. It would be like if you were trying to use Thunder King to negate monster reborn. However, if you try to use Formula Synchron in a normal synchro summon, on your turn, then you may use Thunder King to negate it as it is a normal synchro summon, not a special summon happening through a effect.

â– You must Synchro Summon when the effect resolves, if possible, using Formula Synchron and the faceup monsters are [sic] available to you. If you cannot, your opponent can verify that you have no monsters in your Extra Deck that can be Summoned.[1]
Again cited Konami Gameplay FAQ
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #4   Tech of the Week #4 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 1:08 pm

it's cuz irl judges are not perfect and make mistakes, deal with it and they can't be always trusted 100%
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #4   Tech of the Week #4 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 3:42 pm

thanks vongola, did i mention i'm a judge? haha =b

its true not all judges are 100% correct (me included of course) so if you ever have doubt about a ruling or a scenario just check online, but make sure the source for the ruling is a legit source. haha
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #4   Tech of the Week #4 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 3:43 am

It would appear as if John is correct about the Formula rulings, as it appears to be by effect an not inherent. It does count as a synchro summon, but think about it this way: what if the opponent activated Instant Fusion? It is still treated as a fusion summon yet it isn't inherent. I'm bot absolutely sure on this but that seems to be a reasonable comparison
anyways, great article guys! I love your techs of the week, and tkr is one of my all-time favorite cards. Tkr>the format. Keep up the awesome work guys!
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #4   Tech of the Week #4 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 6:20 am

hmmm well I checked everywhere and I didnt found a correct rulling about this but I probably made a mistake on this. Well I'm gonna send an e-Mail to kanami tonight about this and when I will receive the answer I will post it here and correct the article if I'm wrong. Sorry about that :S

@Harper : Thx for the support Smile
Back to top Go down
Andrew

Andrew

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #4   Tech of the Week #4 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 7:37 pm

Very Nice Tech ... I really Love Putting his Guy In My Decks . Just Feels So Good When U Bring Him Out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #4   Tech of the Week #4 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 10:16 am

I would agree with John

To be more specific..The general Rule of thumb for TKR is you can't use his effect to any card that special summons that causes a chain. Hence why Magic/Traps fall out the window in this case as they start chains, Also Dark Simorgh is another example..his effect starts a chain if summoned from the hand..and again..cant be negated.

As for the formula Ruling, I agree due in part to the synchro summoning is being done by effect of a monster..not a normal..do it with no chain taking place and just send monsters to the grave during your turn. If it helps you can compare Formula to basically the monster varient of Urgent Tuning...same thing basically..both start chains..both work during your opponents turn..just formula Restricts it to the MP is all...
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #4   Tech of the Week #4 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 11:35 am

Yeah scorp did konami ever email you bak with the answer? I'd like to know if tkr would work or not Smile
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #4   Tech of the Week #4 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 6:35 pm

well its not that it can't negate summons that start a chain (you don't chain to summons, you respond to summons) it can't negate summons that come out during the resolution of an effect, but yea close enough =b

and the guys that answer questions on Konami FAQ are the same guys that answer the emails. one of the questions on FAQ was the same question we've been talking about. and it was answered the same way i posted it in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #4   Tech of the Week #4 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 5:08 am

its good that you pointed it hohn cuz I Didn't received nothing from konami Razz damn sloppy bastards Razz
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #4   Tech of the Week #4 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 10:37 am

Well I said chain; because a Chain implies there will be a resolution; so its one in the same in terms of the principle; hence no correction of my previous statement was needed actually.

Last time i checked Inherent summons don't start chain; hence no Resolution, so that can't be confused with what I said either Razz <--Unless you Call prio; but even then that happens after the summon is successful if it is not countered.

As long as TKR is held to the same standard as Say Black Horn of Heaven though; then I don't see how you can change its ruling on how it is used without opening a grey area and having to Re-rule on other cards that follow a sequencial ruling with TKR in what they can stop in terms of special summons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #4   Tech of the Week #4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tech of the Week #4
Page 1 of 1