Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeQuickDraw and his buddies I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QuickDraw and his buddies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Dutch_Prince
Teacher
Teacher
The_Dutch_Prince

QuickDraw and his buddies Empty
PostSubject: QuickDraw and his buddies   QuickDraw and his buddies EmptyThu May 27, 2010 6:17 am

Quickdraw Synchron and his Buddies

I know it has been a long time i have made a written article about cards, decks or rules of the wonderful game called Yugioh. So as I promised some people in Hamachi ; a new article made by yours truly to help you guys understand the cards better and appreciate them more than you already do.

As the Title might suggest the card I would like to bring under your attention is:

Quickdraw Synchron:

QuickDraw and his buddies Quickdrawsynchrondp09en

You can send 1 monster from your hand to the Graveyard and Special Summon this card from your hand. You can substitute this card for any 1 "Synchron" Tuner for a Synchro Summon. This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster, except for the Synchro Summon of a monster that lists a "Synchron" monster as a Tuner monster.

How can this be such a great card in order for me to make an article about it, well it’s quite simple. You can use this card in so many ways that I cannot even mention them all but I will try:

1: For a synchro summon ( since it’s a free level 5 tuner if you have the right cards to discard )
2: Easy fodder for a tribute a.k Caius the Shadow Monarch.
3: Quickdraw has the awesome ability to be used for all Yusei Fudo’s “ Junk” Synchro monsters.

About way number 3 I would like to continue at this point by giving you some insight over the most played “Junk” synchro monsters in KCVDS. We have:

1: Drill Warrior
2: Nitro Warrior
3: Turbo Warrior
4: Junk Archer

Drill Warrior:

QuickDraw and his buddies Drillwarriorabpfenur1e

"Drill Synchron" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters.
Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can halve this card's ATK (permanently). If you do, it can attack your opponent directly this turn. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can discard 1 card and remove this card from play. During your next Standby Phase, Special Summon this card, if removed by this effect. Then, add 1 Monster Card from your Graveyard to your hand.

Let me start by saying this card is a Beast and a game winner in my opinion. Why would I say that:
This card has such an awesome effect that I have to cut it down into little pieces. First part of his effect:

Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can halve this card's ATK (permanently). If you do, it can attack your opponent directly this turn.

This means you can halve its attack points to 1200 and poke for 1200. This can only be done in your main phase 1 or 2, of course you will do it in main phase 1 but still. It will stay halved until Drill Warrior leaves the field and this is also why I love this card cause here is the other part of his effect:

Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can discard 1 card and remove this card from play.

When you activate this effect in your main phase something sweet happens and this can be explained just by the words on the card itself. The effect says ‘’ you can discard 1 card and remove this card from play’’ meaning both parts of the effect resolve at the same time, so if your opponent chains Book of Moon causing you to flip your Drill warrior facedown in defense mode you won’t have to discard since it isn’t a cost. This is so awesome since you won’t lose hand advantage and preserve the card you wanted to discard for the next turn or for some other combo you have up your sleeve.

Now on the most tricky part of his effect:

During your next Standby Phase, Special Summon this card, if removed by this effect. Then, add 1 Monster Card from your Graveyard to your hand.

When in your standby phase you special summon this card from the RFG zone and this is the part where some mistakes are being made since you cannot use cards like Bottomless Trap hole or Torrential Tribute when Drill Warrior is special summoned this way.

Why not; This is because when Drill warrior specials summons itself back from the RFG zone his secondary effect activates immediately by adding a card from your graveyard to your hand and therefore Bottomless Trap hole or Torrential Tribute misses the timing.
This is mostly overlooked and therefore I have seen a lot of misplays or rather ruling mistakes. I hope I have cleared this out for you all to avoid further ruling mistakes regarding Drill Warrior.

Nitro Warrior:

QuickDraw and his buddies Nitrowarrior

“Nitro Synchron" + 1 or more non-Tuner Monsters
Once during each of your turns, if you activated a Spell Card(s), this card gains 1000 ATK during its next attack, for damage calculation only. Once per turn, if this attacking card destroys an opponent's Monster by battle, you can change 1 face-up Defense Position monster your opponent controls to Attack Position, and attack it with this card.

Also this is just an awesome card and will stay that until the game of Yugioh dies in my opinion, why would I make such a bold statement is because:

Nitro warrior effect to gain 1000 extra attack points after a Spell card has been played while he is face-up on the field is just awesome. Example; Synchro summon Nitro Warrior and play Pot of Avarice. Go into you Battle phase attack a monster which you most likely will destroy with Nitro cause his attack is 3800. After that monster has been destroyed you can change a face-up defense positioned monster in attack mode and attack again. The beauty of this card in this format is; Dandylion is semi-limited and abused a lot in all sorts of decks meaning there will be a lot of defense positioned Dandylion tokens which you can destroy with a devastating attack of 2800. Almost always meaning game.

Turbo Warrior:

QuickDraw and his buddies Turbowarriorct05enscrle

"Turbo Synchron" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card attacks a Level 6 or higher Synchro Monster, halve the monster's ATK until the end of the Damage Step. This card cannot be targeted by the effects of Level 6 or lower monsters.

I will start by saying this card rapes decks on his own, how can he do that. I will enlarge its effect for you all so you know what I mean that he rapes decks by himself.
First part: When this card attacks a Level 6 or higher Synchro Monster, halve the monster's ATK until the end of the Damage Step.

Meaning he can basically take out every synchro monster in the game example: Goyo Guardian, Red Dragon Archfiend, Thought Ruler Archfiend, Mist Wurm, Stardust Dragon etc.
The second part is just as good as the first if not better, cause this is the reason why Turbo Warrior rapes decks:

This card cannot be targeted by the effects of Level 6 or lower monsters.
This effect basically says ok screw your: Caius, Raiza, Ryko, Brionac, Penguin Soldier, Celestia, GB Murmillo etc.

It’s just beastly to have him out, although not many people play him in KCVDS, but I never leave home without in sort of speak of course when I play with this deck ( deck list will follow later on so you all can enjoy this ).

Junk Archer:

QuickDraw and his buddies Junkarcherdp09enur1e

"Junk Synchron" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Once per turn you can remove 1 monster your opponent controls from play. During the End Phase, the removed monster returns to the opponent's side of the field, in the same Battle Position.

His effect is tricky and requires some insight in your opponent hand and play style. Since the monster you remove with this effect will return in the end phase and in the same battle position meaning a face-down Ryko Lightsworn Hunter will still be dangerous or monsters like Sangan and Dandylion as fodders for Caius the Shadow Monarch. On the other hand you can get passed almost any monster in the game which is a problem for you for example if you need to get rid of those back rows and you have Heavy Storm but your opponents Stardust Dragon is in the way it’s helpful. But because the monsters return to the field in the same battle position it’s a tricky card to use and like I said before you have to think twice before playing this card and its effect to bring out its full potential.

Now you guys have read up on the buddies of Quickdraw Synchron I just know you guys want to get started with them so let me give you an example of a deck in which all of them are fully usable and even needed in my opinion. So here is my deck as promised:

Total deck:

Monsters: 22

1 Light and Darkness Dragon
1 Gorz
2 Caius
1 Tytannial
2 Lonefire Blossom
2 Dandylion
2 Debris Dragon
2 Quickdraw Synchron
3 Ryko
2 Mega-Super Sexy Hamsters
1 Sangan
1 Morphing Jar
1 Card Trooper
1 Night Assailant

Spells: 8

2 Pot of Avarice
2 Book of Moon
1 Heavy Storm
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Brain Control
1 Foolish Burial

Traps: 10

2 Dimensional Prison
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Dust Tornado
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Call of the Haunted
1 Mirror Force

Extra deck:

2x Drill Warrior
1x Nitro Warrior
1x Turbo Warrior
1x Junk Archer

The rest is all up to you since it becomes a standard extra deck in my opinion and I don’t think I have to tell you guys that.

As a side note most people say you just have to play 1 Drill warrior but I prefer 2 because of the fact it can be destroyed pretty easily and even negated by Royal Oppression and Solemn Judgment.

I hereby approve if you want to net deck this deck list. Why, this deck is just a beast and so much fun to play with and I can’t hold this one behind the scenes for you all.

I hope you enjoyed the article and the deck if you have taken it over and tested it out for yourself.

As a Side note: this deck is the very base of the deck but it should give you a good impression of as to how the deck looks and works ( after testing with it of course ).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QuickDraw and his buddies   QuickDraw and his buddies EmptyThu May 27, 2010 6:37 am

Personally, I prefer 3 PoA over 2, but that's just me. Smile

Great article, I think the most important part is where you explained just how awesome Drill Warrior is. That card is so irritating and hard to destroy. I think you forgot to mention an important thing about him, but it's pretty much obvious after all. What I'm referring to is that this sucker can remove himself from play by discarding dandylion, generating 2 tokens. The next turn you can take dandylion out of the grave and do it all over again. It will become an endless cycle of token spamming. Very Happy I love to play him, even if it's just to annoy my opponent.

I also love what you said about Nitro Warrior. I thought he was awesome before, but he always made way for other synchro's in my deck. Now I just want to get him back in my deck as soon as possible. Razz
Back to top Go down
IversonSt3

IversonSt3

PostSubject: Re: QuickDraw and his buddies   QuickDraw and his buddies EmptyThu May 27, 2010 6:56 am

10/10 Cool
Back to top Go down
http://synchroduelacademy.darkbb.com

PostSubject: Re: QuickDraw and his buddies   QuickDraw and his buddies EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:02 pm

Nice article prince.I really enjoyed it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: QuickDraw and his buddies   QuickDraw and his buddies EmptyFri May 28, 2010 3:04 am

I've been meaning to ask you this... Why did you CHOOSE to be blackrose? From what I can tell and from everyone says, you're One of the more knowledgeable people here. Not that it matters, I'm just curious. Anyway, amazing article, thourough with out being really long 10/10
Back to top Go down
The_Dutch_Prince
Teacher
Teacher
The_Dutch_Prince

PostSubject: Re: QuickDraw and his buddies   QuickDraw and his buddies EmptyFri May 28, 2010 10:02 am

well let me answer that question in private since my answer isnt suited to be posted on a Forum like an Academy ( if you truely want to know the answer PM me or contact me on Hamachi ).

As for the article, thx for the kind words everyone although i dont think you guys should praise me this much as you do but meh thx again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QuickDraw and his buddies   QuickDraw and his buddies Empty

Back to top Go down

QuickDraw and his buddies
Page 1 of 1