Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDragons Lockdown I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragons Lockdown

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Dragons Lockdown Empty
PostSubject: Dragons Lockdown   Dragons Lockdown EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 3:31 pm

Well guys, This is Scorpion with his Dark Simorgh Mood Again ( Damn you Nero XD ) and I kinda need help here with this deck. Its a dragons lock down deck featuring simorgh for more lockdown but i'm not pretty sure with the monsters line up.

Monsters 20

2 REDMD
1 Horus LVL 6
1 Horus LVL 8
1 Prime Material Dragon
1 Vice Dragon
2 Dark Simorgh
2 Koaki Meiru Drago
2 Red Eyes Wyvern
3 Delta Flyer
3 Masked Dragon
1 PSZ ( to put Horus LVL 8 back in the deck if I draw it, tell me if you have a better Idea )
1 Totem Dragon ( not sure about this one )

Spells 14

2 Gold Sarco ( I will probably go with a POD instead of the 2nd sarco but I'm still in the beta phase )
1 Burial From The Different Dimension
1 FF
1 MST
1 Coldwave
1 Trunade
1 Reborn
1 Dark Hole
1 Pot Of Avarice
1 Foolish Burial
2 BOM
1 My Body As a Shield

Traps 6

3 Royal Decree
1 COTH
2 Burst Breath

Well Tell me your impressions about this and your suggestions plz.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Dragons Lockdown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragons Lockdown   Dragons Lockdown EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 6:05 pm

Ah, this deck brings back good memories Smile. One of my friends used a deck almost exactly like this as his first attempt to make a Simorgh deck.I love Hopeless builds in general, it's just been so long since I've used them, so I haven't tried them out this format yet. This post is more random thoughts and strategies than actual fixes. There's a few ways you could go with this really, dragons have a lot of good tech. I'm not sure I like the Burst Breaths and CoTH with Decree. It's not always bad to run a few traps when you have Decree, but while Burst Breath is indeed a really good card, there are probably other traps I would add first. Offhand, I recommend dropping all traps except Decree and maybe a few spells too to add a good draw engine. One of my favorite engines for Hopeless was using The White Stone of Legend and BEWD combo with Cards of Consonance and Trade-In. Discard SOL to draw two and get blue eyes for a +1, then discard blue eyes for trade-in and draw more. The cool thing is Red-Eyes works with monsters in the grave too so it doesn't even matter that it's in the grave. I don't really see a way that you can add the SOL engine without changing the whole deck, but you can still use the idea of Trade-In or Cards. Kinda sucks that Simorgh isn't level 8. Duality wouldn't hurt either. Let's see...another random combo is Vice Dragon and Wingbeat of Giant Dragon. Basically Wingbeat can turn into Heavy Storm with Vice...but I'd recommend using another copy or two of Vice Dragon if you want to run Wingbeat. Actually, more Vice might be a good idea. I don't really like him usually but you run 3 Delta Flyer...that's instant Trishula right there. Trishula is nothing to sneeze at. This deck needs just a little less dead draws. Maybe only one Simorgh? A third Wyvern and Darkness Metal would be nice option, but you'd have to cut the engine a bit. Dragon's Mirror is fun at one too. It's REALLY fun to summon Five-Headed. I'm thinking a third BoM too since you have so little backrow. You rarely NEED backrow with your gigantic monsters but it helps when you dead draw. And finally, EXPLODER DRAGON!!! USE HIM FOR SURE!!!! HE RULES!!!!!

I think I'll play around with Hopeless builds again and fix them to this format. I'll tell you if I find something cool to use
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

Dragons Lockdown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragons Lockdown   Dragons Lockdown EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 pm

hey every body need some simorgh love one in a while YEY!!!!

well this deck reminds me of and old girlfriend i used to have her name was Yadira , she was so afraid that i cheated on her that she learned to play yugioh so i didnt spend so much time dueling with my friends , and her first build after a few weeks of teaching was an HORUS /Jinzo+ Decree build back when monarch had everything completly dominated , then actually i cheated on her because of lack of sex , and i broke up with her cuz i felt some guilt about it and she still hates me after 2 long years but oh well back to the comments

2 sarcs are ok future fusion is one of the main cards u need anyway
u have a big lack of speed IMO what about 2 sarcs + 3 duality ( kcvds )/ Upstart goblin if u lock him down no matter what he does he wont come back not a chance so those 3k xtra wont hurt u a lot and i dont like pot of avarice
and what about using 2 horus lv 6 with a level up?

Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Dragons Lockdown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragons Lockdown   Dragons Lockdown EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 6:23 am

Hmmmm yeah 3 upstart looks good. I will probably drop the 2 burst breath ( even if it is a damn good card, my prio is too lock )and the COTH for the 3 upstart. The totem dragon can go for a 2nd Vice Dragon since Vice is a dark and he fills my grave or a exploder I guess. I will see which one fits more in the deck.

Harper @ I know why you think I need backrow with this deck but you see when you play 3 decrees, your oppobnent is pair down in every move he makes and you usualy have big monsters on the field and. Your asnwer for avery move your opponent makes should be a big ass beater and decree protect you form warnings so you dont have to care about that anymore. Prime material and MBAAS should do the rest.

Nero @ i dont use two horus level six and le vel up cuz I just dont find SPACE Razz The upstart goblins just took the only space I had.

Well thx for the help so far Smile , I will try to test this tomorow but if you guys find out something cool dont hesitate to post it.
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

Dragons Lockdown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragons Lockdown   Dragons Lockdown EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 3:15 pm

i know its not a dragon, and it might mess with totem dragon, but vortex trooper is an ok card to use as a wind target. and you can put lvl 8 horus back in the deck with vortex's eff and then draw when it's destroyed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dragons Lockdown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragons Lockdown   Dragons Lockdown Empty

Back to top Go down

Dragons Lockdown
Page 1 of 1