Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSpellcasters Lockdown deck I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spellcasters Lockdown deck

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
infernal_archmage

infernal_archmage

Spellcasters Lockdown deck Empty
PostSubject: Spellcasters Lockdown deck   Spellcasters Lockdown deck EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 3:20 pm

So guys, from your great advice and suggestions, this is what I came up with for a spellcasters lockdown deck.

Monsters(19):
Northwemko x3
Djinn Releaser x3
Kycoo, the Ghost Destroyer x2
Crusader of Endymion x3
Chaos Sorcerer x2
Breaker, the Magical Warrior x2
Defender, the Magical Knight x2
Lyla, Lightsworn Summoner x2

Spells(19):
Book of Moon x1
Charge of the Light Brigade x1
Foolish Burial x1
M.S.T x1
Dark Hole x1
Monster Reborn x1
Secret Village of the Spellcasters x3
Terraforming x2
Pot of Duality x2
Allure Of Darkness x1
Ritual of Grace x3
Preparation of Rites x2

Traps(3):
Royal Decreex3

I would appreciate more of your comments and suggestions. Wink

Last edited by infernal_archmage on Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:05 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
infernal_archmage

infernal_archmage

PostSubject: Re: Spellcasters Lockdown deck   Spellcasters Lockdown deck EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 6:25 pm

Anyone mind giving suggestions please?? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Spellcasters Lockdown deck   Spellcasters Lockdown deck EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 3:47 am

I dont know spell counter spell casters deck very well, but as far as I know, shining angel is need in this decl. he brings silent magician on the field during your opponent battle pahse so at your turn he already gets a spell counter.

You should take out Kycoo for it.
Back to top Go down
infernal_archmage

infernal_archmage

PostSubject: Re: Spellcasters Lockdown deck   Spellcasters Lockdown deck EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 8:12 pm

hmmm...but silent magician LV4 only gets a spell counter whenever you opponent draws a card, that's why I didn't put it here, and Kycoo is pretty useful since your opponent cannot remove from play cards in the graveyard...this deck doesn't run on spell counters but on a pure lockdown.
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

PostSubject: Re: Spellcasters Lockdown deck   Spellcasters Lockdown deck EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 4:01 am

I guess I'll add my thoughts. for a lockdown you have a few cards that seems a bit useless for locking down.

Personally I don't see the point in the silent magicians ( I understand its your choice for a boss monster. But you have no means of searching out silent without breaking solidarity. as well as the fact that Silent lv 8 cant be summoned with our(spellcasters) greatest weapon..."Magical dimension". But its your choice so ill work around it afro

-Medium o the ice (Her effect is mega situational, the only time your opponent should have more than 4 cards on the field....odds are you are about to lose.
- summoner monk ( His effect does not do much in this deck as you use up resources or a monster that cant attack. Your better o using "Magicians Circle" since you can activate during the battle phase for some damage)
-2 magicians valkyria ( similar to summoner in the sense that unless you get them BOTH on the field to get the lock down. It takes up space for a normal summon, You would rather bring out breaker/crusader

Now What to add IMO:
2 effect veilers (you've already got spell and traps sealed. You may as well use veiler to stop those troublesome monsters. As well as chaos sorc fodder
1 Oracle of the sun ( This is up to you. But its the cyber dragon of spellcaters and you may want to have this when you have no monsters and Village is on field
1 Honest ( altough it breaks solidarity, you can easily combo this with a chaos sorc the next turn!)
The last monster is up to you, Maybe skilled dark magician (lv 4 19atk dark) Orrr you can just add a second "Mystical space typhoon"

Spells
- mist body ( take up space and useless imo)
+ allure of darkness ( the main thing with spellcasters is speed. With pot and allure. You should be good

Also is holy lance...forbidden lance?

Traps:
Hmm i guess 2 decree is ok since you wont have to worry about mst's.. Although torrential may do more damage than good.

Well hope I helped.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Spellcasters Lockdown deck   Spellcasters Lockdown deck EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 6:09 am

Well Quincy is pointing you in the right direction. Now personally, I think this can turn into a rather competitive deck. The main lockdown potential I see is Royal Decree + Village. No spells, no traps. But the problem is, what spellcasters to use to be big enough to take down the opponent's? Well I can tell you this: it won't be Silent Magician. Honestly, it just isn't that good. I think the way to go is using Chaos Sorceror. I know you already do, but make that the focus. Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress would be great here. She's a spellcaster, she baits Warnings and BTH (if your opponent doesn't use them, they lose them), and she mills. Since Decree should be run at 3 and no more traps, you will probably end up having a high monster count, plus milling puts them right where you want them for Sorc. Also perhaps consider a Gravekeepers engine. Maybe that's not the best way but it's an option. Here a rough skeleton:
Secret Village
       Monsters: (15)
Chaos Sorceror x3
Breaker The Magical Warrior x3
Dark Valkyria x3
Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress x3
Crusader Of Endymion x3
       Spells: (17)
Monster Reborn
Dark Hole
Book Of Moon
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Secret Village Of The Spellcasters x3
Terraforming x2
Gemini Spark x3
Allure Of Darkness
Charge Of The Light Brigade
Pot Of Duality x2
       Traps: (3)
Royal Decree x3

that leaves you with 5 slots. A good amount should be monsters if not all. You don't have to use the Gemini engine but I think it would work okay
Back to top Go down
infernal_archmage

infernal_archmage

PostSubject: Re: Spellcasters Lockdown deck   Spellcasters Lockdown deck EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:52 pm

Okay thanks! Actually, Silent Magician Here is sort of like my beatstick, and oh yeah, i already added 2 effect veilers, i just didn't post it yet, is mist body really unecessary? I mean, I place it in either my Defender of Magician's Valkyria, and my Summoner monk is used to get Silent Magician LV4 and I use LEvel Up! and tadaa! SIlent Magician LV8. If it won't be my boss monster here? how should my gameplay be?

I really appreciate the tips.
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

PostSubject: Re: Spellcasters Lockdown deck   Spellcasters Lockdown deck EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 3:24 pm

Mist body protects only from battle. Defender already has an auto mist body effect for a turn, which keeps a spellcaster on field as well as have a 2400beater on field. And with Valk, i get that, but then the question comes, how situational of a combo you're looking at here unless you happen to draw those 3 cards (again the issue with searching and special summoning from deck).

The reason I don't like the summoner monk combo. Is the amount of cards your using up just to get out your boss. This is a scenario if the full spell/trap lockdown is in effect, if not you run the chance of wasting the normal summon on monk, pitching hopefully a extra village or solidarity for the lv 4. then using lv up from your hand to get out ONE lv 8 monster that's immune from spells....which is rendered kind of Moot, if the spells are sealed.

So you used up 3 cards in your hand for 1 monster in your deck. And that is if the combo wasn't stopped mid process. Sorry if that came off a bit blunt...

The main issue that you will encounter specifically with this deck is speed. As harper said, the gemini route does add alot of speed to this control deck. If you wish to stay with your build, there is always the option of upstart goblin. Although your opp can gain 3k, for you to be able to have the lockdown w/ veiler in hand in first turn... it'll be tough for any opponent. Anywhoo Hope this helped you out afro
Back to top Go down
infernal_archmage

infernal_archmage

PostSubject: Re: Spellcasters Lockdown deck   Spellcasters Lockdown deck EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 7:20 pm

okay thanks! It helped a lot! But the question remains: Which would be my ideal boss monster for this deck?
Question
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

PostSubject: Re: Spellcasters Lockdown deck   Spellcasters Lockdown deck EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 2:41 am

Another Suggestion is to go the ritual route and use NorthWemko. If you can get the field spell out and summon her with the djinn releaser and stop your opponent from special summoning. You give yourself a 2700 beatstick that can't be destroyed by card effects as long as the field spell stays on the field and or one other card.

So to sum up..your opponent wouldn't be able to special summon unless they get rid of Wemko; and unless they bounce her to your hand or run over a 2700 atk monster without special summoning..then they have to get rid of the citidel field spell..but they can't do that unless they bounce that as well since it protects itself with counters from destruction, and if you top this off with decree...what are they supposed to do?,lol.. Granted you could side against this..but for a game one...it should leave your opponent pretty dead in the water.

A Simple Lightsworn hybrid could make this deck as Djinn's can be used from the grave to ritual summon with; and with lights and darks..you still got Chaos Sorcerer options at your disposal. Then just Run 3 Decree with a heavy Magic set-up to Search and support you until you set up your combos.

Weakness? The set-up itself..unless you can get Wemko and the rest of the field together..then you have to scrap a few turns until things get going.

Deck Idea has pro's and cons, but it's a simple suggestion.

P.S- Would note Djinn Releaser only effects your OPPONENT, so its a one sided effect that only benefits you if you use him to get out wemko.
Back to top Go down
infernal_archmage

infernal_archmage

PostSubject: Re: Spellcasters Lockdown deck   Spellcasters Lockdown deck EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 3:23 pm

Okay, but then again yes, the set-up is a bit hard...and you could break solidarity too..would i then have to add manju to my deck with this?? And of course, could you also suggest a way to send the djinn monsters to the graveyard without me using lightsworn??

and also, please suggest a basic card build...i'd appreciate it much!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

PostSubject: Re: Spellcasters Lockdown deck   Spellcasters Lockdown deck EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:45 pm

Well I don't have a build laying around but Lightsworn is simply a option; otherwise you could always go the easier route and use darks as well like Armageddon knight or Dark grepher and add the usual Dark type staples if you use lightsworn like Sangan, Necro Gardna, PSZ,etc. Aside from Maju; you also have preparation of rites to pull her from the deck and also recover the ritual spell from the grave it it gets dumped.

The biggest issue with the deck is simply finding a happy median between monsters and spells really. You MAY have to go the route of a Ls deck if you use them and use a higher monster count; or..skip them and just use Maju + light support; then maybe use Mystic tomato to pull Sangan+Arma from the Deck without issue to search further and dump; plus you always got foolish burial,lol..

Just play around with card combination till something just "looks" right, then test it out; if something isn't working it should become obvious in a duel and you know what to switch out and what to keep.
Back to top Go down
infernal_archmage

infernal_archmage

PostSubject: Re: Spellcasters Lockdown deck   Spellcasters Lockdown deck EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 2:20 pm

Okay guys, I edited my deck build, please check it out. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spellcasters Lockdown deck   Spellcasters Lockdown deck Empty

Back to top Go down

Spellcasters Lockdown deck
Page 1 of 1