Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLegendary Six Samurai I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Legendary Six Samurai

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Legendary Six Samurai Empty
PostSubject: Legendary Six Samurai   Legendary Six Samurai EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:56 am

I want you take a sec and picture in your minds the top 2 aggro decks in the entire metagame right now. Most likely, you will think of Blackwings and X-sabers. Now, imagine that a few of the best x-sabers and support were instead Blackwings and Blackwing support (or vice-versa), and Black Whirlwind was unlimited. Impossible? Not after Storm of Ragnarok. It's not a new archtype we're talking about either... It's just an old archtype with new and amazing support. And the archtype is... (drumroll) Six Samurai! No, really, check out these new cards:

Legendary Six Samurai - Shien
Legendary Six Samurai 300px-LegendarySixSamurai-ShienSTOR-JP-SR

1 warrior tuner+1 or more non-tuner "Six Samurai" monsters
Once per turn, when your opponent activates a spell/trap card, you can negate the activation of that card and destroy it. If this face-up card you control would be destroyed, you can destroy another "Six Samurai" monster you control instead.

The new boss monster for Six Samurai. Obviously, this card is useless outside of Six sams, but even so, the stardust-like effect and stats make up for it. It's a level 5, which combos well with the new level 1 and 2 six samurai tuners also coming out. It's a huge beatstick for a level 5, and has a really useful effect with all the swarming that goes on. This + great shogun shien=no spell OR traps for your opponent.

Legendary Six Samurai - Kizan
Legendary Six Samurai 300px-LegendarySixSamurai-KizanSTOR-JP-SR

If you control another face-up "Six Samurai" monster, except "True Six Samurai - Kizan", you can special summon this card from your hand. While you control 2 or more other "Six Samurai" monsters, this card gains 300 ATK and DEF.

Remember how much Grandmaster boosted the archtype? Now there are essentially 6 grandmasters in the deck. And, unlike grandmaster, you can control as many Kizans as you like. Bring on the synchro spam! This is like the six sam version of Blackwing - Bora the Spear, but a better beatstick.

Legendary Six Samurai - Mizuho
Legendary Six Samurai 148573_143803772333935_100001129393833_199915_2336047_n

If you control a face-up "True Six Samurai - Shinai, you can special summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, you can tribute 1 "Six Samurai" monster, except this card, to destroy 1 card on the field. 

Okay, I don't know how much you guys knew about six samurai before, but one of the best combos you could do with six samurai before was the grandmaster/hand of te six samurai loop. If you have 2 gateway of the six on the field, you can special summon grandmaster, which will give you 4 counters total. Then use hand's effect to tribute grandmaster and destroy a monster, then use gateway's effect to remove 4 counters and return grandmaster to your hand, then special grandmaster again, putting 4 new counters on your gateways. You can repeat until all monsters are gone. Now, with mizuho, since it destroys any card, you can destroy your opponent's ENTIRE FIELD. Keep in mind that the combo also works with Kizan, which you also have 3 of. This card is the deck's new MVP in my opinion. You'll be pulling off the loop a lot with all the toolboxing/reverse toolboxing six samurai now have.

Legendary Six Samurai - Kageki
Legendary Six Samurai 300px-LegendarySixSamurai-KagekiSTOR-JP-R

When this card is normal summoned, you can special summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Six Samurai" monster from your hand. When you control another face-up "Six Samurai" monster with a different name, this card gains 1500 ATK.

Can you say "Xx-saber Boggart Knight"? However, boggart is better for several reasons. First off it's dangerous to use Kageki if you don't have a tuner in hand... Reason being, if you lose your other six samurai, you have a wimpy 200 atk monster left wide open. Also, he's a level 3... Nota huge downside, but it provides some confusion about which new tuner to use. If Kageki is used, you'll also want to use the level 2 tuner so you can instant synchro Shien, but many of your other Six sams are level 4, so do you use the level 1 or level 2 tuner? Or both? I like this card, but i'm just not sure how many copies to use of him if at all. I'm not 100% convinced that a "Boggart knight" is needed in 3s when you have 6 "Bora". 

Legendary Six Samurai - Shinai
Legendary Six Samurai 300px-LegendarySixSamurai-ShinaiSTOR-JP-C

If you control a face-up "Legendary Six Samurai - Mizuho", you can special summon this card from your hand. If this card is tributed, select and add one "Six Samurai" monster from your graveyard to your hand, except "Legendary Six Samurai - Shinai"

Actually a decent card. He's obviously meant to be used as Mizuho fodder, and has a nice effect to make you not lose advantage. With all the reverse-toolboxing from Gateway and occasionally Grandmaster, I wouldn't say he's necessary though.

Legendary Six Samurai - Enishi
Legendary Six Samurai 410px-LegendarySixSamurai-EnishiSTOR-JP-SR

Once per turn, when you control another face-up "Six Samurai" monster with a different name, you can remove from play 2 "Six Samurai" monsters from your graveyard to select 1 face-up monster on the field and return it to the owner's hand. This effect can be activated during your opponent's turn. While you control 2 or more face-up "Six Samurai" monsters, except "Legendary Six Samurai - Enishi", this card gains 500 ATK and DEF.

Probably the worst of the new Samurai. He has nice ATK but a meh effect. Generally, you'll want your sams in the graveyard so you can reverse-toolbox them, and the original Enishi is much better at monster removal. There are better Six Samurai to run IMO.

Kagemusha of The Six Samurai
Legendary Six Samurai Kagemusha_of_The_Six_Samurai_Preview

Tuner. If a face-up "Six Samurai" monster you control is targeted by a card effect, you can change the target to this card instead.

Finally, a Six Samurai tuner! The name actually counts for a lot, you can grab him with gateway, shien's smoke signal, or grandmaster, and since he's a "Six Samurai" you can special summon Kizan and Grandmaster when he's on the field, or tribute him for Mizuho's effect. And he can tune with Mizuho, Kageki, or Yaichi to summon Shien! His synchroing possiblities are bigger than Shien's Yoriko. Kagemusha's effect is meh... It may rarely be used, but not very often.

Shien's Yoriko
Legendary Six Samurai 400px-Shien'sYorikoSTOR-JP-C

Tuner. When a face-up "Six Samurai" monster you control battles, you can send this card from your hand to the graveyard during damage calculation. That monster cannot be destroyed by battle this turn.

Another meh effect, but it can tune with a level 4 samurai for Shien. Because he doesn't have "Six Samurai" in his name, I doubt he'll see as much use as Kagemusha, but I don't know really, I'm on the fence about him still.

Shien's Smoke Signal
Legendary Six Samurai 400px-Shien'sSmokeSignalSTOR-JP-R

Add 1 Level 3 or lower "Six Samurai" monster from your deck to your hand.

Simple, but amazing Smile. It can search for Mizuho, kagemusha, and more. It's almost like having rota at 4.

Here's some of the combos you can do: Activate Black Whirlwind... Oops, i mean Gateway of The Six, summon Boggart Knight... Erm, Kageki, use his effect to special summon Kagemusha, special summon Faultroll (Great Shogun Shien), and tune Kageki and Kagemusha for Xx-saber Shien (Legendary Six Samurai Shien that is). Then remove 4 of your 6 counters to add Blackwing - Bora the Spear (Kizan) from your deck to your hand, bringing your counters to 2, special summon Kizan, bringing your counters to 4, remove all 4 to search for another Bora (Kizan), special summon him... And all of a sudden, you have 2 2500 ATK monsters and 2 2100 ATK monsters. If you happen to have Dark Hole too, that's gg. Discuss! Smile

Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Six Samurai   Legendary Six Samurai EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 3:45 pm

all you really need is grandmaster, kizan, kageki, and kagemusha lol
this deck is so incredibly fast and crazy haha.
Back to top Go down
TinyCrash

TinyCrash

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Six Samurai   Legendary Six Samurai EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 4:43 pm

Nice! Im looking foward to play Legendary Six Sam! It's gonna be awesoooooome! XD
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Six Samurai   Legendary Six Samurai EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 5:14 pm

@John:Thinking about it more and looking at Japanese builds, I think you're right xD. I've seen builds with just 15 monsters (although I would do at least 16 or 17), and they're tier 0 in japan haha. Kageki is nice at 3 I decided.
@tinycrash: it sure will be Smile. I've always been a fan of them too, ever since strike of neos, so having them be tier 0 is something of a dream come true for me xD

I forgot some other cool support in the article, so I'll add them when I get back in a few weeks. Also I realized mizuho's eff is only once per turn, so she's not quite as broken as I made her out to be
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Six Samurai   Legendary Six Samurai EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 1:55 pm

Quote :
all you really need is grandmaster, kizan, kageki, and kagemusha lol
this deck is so incredibly fast and crazy haha.

Lol you forgot bout mizuho john, the card is just ridiculous. hopefully then ew banlist comes out 1 month after storm of ragnarock will be out so im pretty sure this anoying deck will just be good for a noth. Well i hope so because if the konami's guys are smoking crack ( like im pretty sure they do ) they wont hurt this gay deck -.-
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Six Samurai   Legendary Six Samurai EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 7:54 pm

i think he's ok, maybe one or two of him, but 3 copies of grandmaster, kizan, kageki, kagemusha, hand of the six, gateway and tell your opponent to scoop haha
Back to top Go down
Tino The Sinner

Tino The Sinner

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Six Samurai   Legendary Six Samurai EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 6:05 pm

not bad maybe run giant trunade in there so u can go for the otk
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Six Samurai   Legendary Six Samurai EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 12:57 am

man the new six sams are ridiculous. that deck is going to be tier 0 and the only side deck cards people can use is gozen match and probably kinetick soldier. the most ridicuolous thing is that both mizuho and kamon are fire attribute so the gozen match will probably not work as we want if the guys is smart enough to run 2 kamons in round 2.

six sams will be as cheap as zombie was when card of safe return was not banned -,-
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Six Samurai   Legendary Six Samurai EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 6:12 am

lol yea dude i'm trying to get some kinetic soldiers now before its too late =b

i actually think that summon limit would be a good card to side against them also since six sams are gonna do nothing but special summon over and over again in one turn. summon limit would slow them down easily. haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Six Samurai   Legendary Six Samurai Empty

Back to top Go down

Legendary Six Samurai
Page 1 of 1