Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHarper's Blackwings I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Harper's Blackwings

Go down 
+5
nica89
Scorpion67
j0hnb0i
Vongola-x
Harper7000
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Harper's Blackwings Empty
PostSubject: Harper's Blackwings   Harper's Blackwings EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 4:44 am

Blackwings (40)
       Monsters: (18)
1x Broken Armed Dragon
1x Gorz, The Game Changer
1x Neo-Spacian Extra Deck Hater
1x Blackwing - Gale The Stardust's Ass Kicking Whirlwind
1x Blackwing - Kalut The Honest Wannabe
3x Blackwing - Blizzard The Veiler Magnet
3x Blackwing - Bora The Dandy Raper
3x Blackwing - Shura The Flamvell Firedog
1x Blackwing - Vayu The Solemn Dodger
1x Blackwing - Sirocco The T-King Destroyer
2x Thunder King Rai-Oh
       Spells: (10)
1x Monster Reborn
1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Format-Defining Storm
1x Mind Control
1x Black Whirlwind
1x Allure of Darkness
1x Book of Moon
2x Pot of Consistancy
1x Mystical Space Typhoon
       Traps: (12)
1x Mirror Force
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Trap Dustshoot
1x God
2x Jesus
2x Bottomless Trap Hole
3x Icarus Attack
1x Starlight Road
       Extra: (15)
1x Ally of Justice Agent Killer
1x Trishula, Dragon of Sacking
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Scrap Dragon
1x Blackwing - Silverwind The Blackwing Whose Effect Is Never Used
1x Black Nuking Dragon
1x Blackwing Armor Master
1x Brionac, Dragon of OTKs
1x Gaia Knight, The Random Beatstick
1x Orient Dragon
1x Blackwing Vayu's Big Brother
1x Ally of Justice Catastor
1x T.G. Hyper Librarian
1x Number 39 - Utopia
1x Steelswarm Roach
       Side: (15)
3x Maxx "C"
2x Skill Drain
2x Macro Cosmos
2x Smashing Ground
2x Cyber Dragon
2x Kycoo The Ghost Destroyer
1x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Chimeratech Fortress Dragon

https://imgur.com/1TSxq

Well, Blackwings have always been a deck that I always update to new formats but rarely play. I dueled Vongola's version of BW this format a month or 2 ago, and liked it. Right now I'm trying to find a new main deck. Plants, as many of you know, have been my thing since before QuickDraw Dandywarrior. But I don't know...it seems less fun these days. More derpy, less skill and less fun to play. And less consistant with drawing too many Tengus and Tour Guides. I would rather have my extra Debris and Dandys and Lonefiees and Tengu can just get limited for all I care. Anyway...going on a rant.

I'm trying to find something consistent. That's my main concern. Screw those derpy decks like DW that rely too much on luck. Blackwings are consistent, fun to play, are able to have good backrow, but don't rely on backrow. And let's not forget that both Vongola and DE are topping YCS DGA with Blackwings...De just beat me with them. So I'm trying them. This build is working ok, but I'm not sure about the monster lineup. Should I main Thunder kings like I want to? Should I main Veilers too and BLS while I'm at it? Less Shura? More Sirocco? Less Vayu? I could go 20, sure, but the rest of the deck is kinda airtight really. Suggestions please!

Last edited by Harper7000 on Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:42 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: Harper's Blackwings   Harper's Blackwings EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 5:05 am

- trunade
- call (you already have reborn, don't overdo)

+ mind
+ road or 2 prisons (41 isn't that much)

- 1 armor master
+ thought ruler or trishula

might consider gozen match into side
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Harper's Blackwings   Harper's Blackwings EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:03 am

i was thinking maybe another black rose dragon if you could haha. blackwings were pretty good when black rose was unlimited. but then again that was when gale was at 3 haha. probably not the best suggestion but yea =b haha
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Harper's Blackwings   Harper's Blackwings EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 10:34 am

Blackwings are surprisely pretty popular in this format Smile let me help you a bit with this deck

- 1 MST ( you have 3 Icarus )
- 1 Trunade
- 1 MBAAS
- 1 TT
- 1 Trapdust Shoot ( not good in this format )

+ 1 Deck Devastation Virus ( and 1 other in side for round 2, it kills consecrated light and makes you win )
+ 1 Seven Tools Of The Bandit
+ 1 Delta Crow anti Reverse
+ 2 Solemn Warning

Thats how my friend is running blackwings at locals and he is kicking big buts with it !
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Harper's Blackwings   Harper's Blackwings EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 4:03 am

Vongola: thanks Smile, that was helpful. Call WAS overdoing it, it was dead most of the time, and honestly there's just better traps to run this format. I think scorp is right about trap dustshoot though, I tried it and it just doesn't work too well this format.
John: believe me, I love spamming blackrose haha. But you're right, there's just not enough room to add another one and I don't need to blow up the field all that much. Thanks though Smile
scorpion: I think I agree mostly, but really? Deck devastating virus over torrential tribute? I think the only targets to tribute would be sirocco and synchros. But idk, I haven't tested it yet. I'll try it though, I'll switch ddv and tt in and out with each other to see which is better. Also, seven tools IS surprisingly good this format, but don't you think trap stun is more versatile and widespread? It also doesn't require paying life points, so the only upside to seven tools is that it can negate the solemn duo. Tell me if I'm wrong though. So, taking all suggestions into account, it looks a litlte something like this:

Blackwing 4.0 (40)
       Monsters: (19)
Blackwing - sirroco the dawn x3
Blackwing - vayu the emblem of honor x2
Blackwing - blizzard the far north x2
Blackwing - shura the blue flame x3
Blackwing - bora the spear x3
Blackwing - gale the whirlwind
Blackwing - kalut the moon shadow x3
Dark armed dragon
Gorz the emmisary of darkness
       Spells: (Cool
Monster reborn
Mystical space typhoon
Dark hole
Book of moon x2
Black whirlwind
Allure of darkness
Mind control
       Traps: (13)
Mirror force
Bottomless trap hole x2
Torrential tribute
Solemn judgement
Solemn warning x2
Icarus attack x3
Royal oppression
Delta crow - anti reverse
Trap stun
Mist wurm
Stardust dragon
Colossal fighter
Dark end dragon
Red dragon archfiend
Blackwing - silverwind the ascendant
Black rose dragon
Blackwing armor master x2
Brionac dragon of the ice barrier
Goyo guardian
Blackwing armed wing x2
Ally of justice catastor
Magical android
       Side: (15)
Gottom's e-call (anti-x-saber) x2
Nobleman of crossout (anti-flip) x2
Swallow flip (anti-effect) x2
D.d. Crow (anti-graveyard) x2
System down (anti-machine) x2
Trap hole (anti-bw) x2
Gozen match (anti-variety) x2
Deck devastation virus
       Other possible cards:
Cards for black feathers
Pot of duality
Giant trunade
Starlight road
Dimensional prison x2
Seven tools of the bandit

what do you think?
Back to top Go down
nica89

nica89

PostSubject: Re: Harper's Blackwings   Harper's Blackwings EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 6:21 pm

im the one who play bw the same local whit scorpion lol;
yes deck devastation virus is soo a pro card,yes you right about sirico and synchro monster can only do that for 2000 and more, but
Me i always tribute whit one of my low blackwing ,vayu is my best card and favorite bw lol,cauz i always but him face up ,and they always say, ok the attak passe, then damage step lol 2200 whit kalut then tribute it for ddv. your openent going to cry,
trust me 1 deck devastation virus on main deck is very good againt plants deck or many deck who play alot whit low monster, and the good thing too you can see his hand , soo you can predict his movement, and delta crow is a good card againt face down trap et spell card since heavy storm has been ban.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Harper's Blackwings   Harper's Blackwings EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 7:42 pm

O_o I totally hadn't thought of that combo with Kalut. That makes DDV so much more mainable...I see now. I've updated the deck since my last post quite a bit. It works amazing, I just wish I had room for Seven Tools or possibly a third Pot/Cards For Blak Feathers (and now a mained DDV). Here's the latest build:

Blackwing (40)
       Monsters: (19)
Blackwing - Sirroco The Dawn x3
Blackwing - Vayu The Emblem Of Honor x2
Blackwing - Blizzard The Far North x3
Blackwing - Shura The Blue Flame x3
Blackwing - Bora The Spear x3
Blackwing - Kalut The Moon Shadow x3
Blackwing - Gale The Whirlwind
Dark Armed Dragon
       Spells: (10)
Monster Reborn
Dark Hole
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Book Of Moon x2
Black Whirlwind
Allure of Darkness
Pot Of Duality x2
       Traps: (11)
Mirror Force
Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Solemn Judgement
Solemn Warning x2
Icarus Attack x3
Royal Oppression
Delta Crow - Anti Reverse
Trishula Dragon Of The Ice Barrier
Stardust Dragon
Colossal Fighter
Dark End Dragon
Blackwing - Silverwind The Ascendant
Black Rose Dragon
Blackwing Armor Master x2
Brionac Dragon Of The Ice Barrier
Goyo Guardian
Blackwing Armed Wing x2
Ally Of Justice Catastor
Magical Android
Chimeratech Fortress Dragon

idk, maybe drop an MST or two? I have Delta Crow and Icarus I guess so it's not quite so needed. I just hate running into Decree builds with 13 traps Razz
Back to top Go down
nica89

nica89

PostSubject: Re: Harper's Blackwings   Harper's Blackwings EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 8:05 pm

harper i use only 1 mst,the second one you can put it in side deck for decree , i dont like your solemn judgment,and 2 bth, you have already 2 warning ,1 bth is enought lol,
here my opinion
-1 mst( secon one in side deck)
-1 1bth
-1 solemn judgement
+1ddv
+1seven tools fo bandit
+1 torrentiel tribute

Last edited by nica89 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
nica89

nica89

PostSubject: Re: Harper's Blackwings   Harper's Blackwings EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 10:43 pm

1 more thing i have to say before going to bed i was thinking about a card that can help blackwing,
Blackwing - Breeze the Zephyr
this card can easily get amor master via shura,or get to your hand via any ways has been search then special summon right now ( sagan,mystic tomato,black whirldwind)
the counter part of this card you dont want to draw him
If you draw him,just feed it to allure of darnkess or card for black feather, or just set for a icarus attack
Mad
i will try this card next saturday at my local,but im sure he will be usefull cauz gale is limit a 1, soo is hard to make level7 amor master and you dont want to waste gale for amor master,soo zephyr is a good choise,even if your amor master get destroyed,yon dont care,cauz you cant remove it whit vayu for a silverwind as back up Smile
i hope i help you a lot king

BlackWing for the win santa
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Harper's Blackwings   Harper's Blackwings EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 5:22 am

Dont you remember what hapenbed the last time you tried zephyr in blackwings, you drew it in every match and Alex and I told you '' THATS WHY WE DONT PLAY BAD CARDS ''

And dont double post again, Edit your post or waith for someone to post after you to post again.
Back to top Go down
nica89

nica89

PostSubject: Re: Harper's Blackwings   Harper's Blackwings EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 5:35 am

i know sorry, but i know is always in my hand but now,i will feed it to allure and card for feather or searh it first whit shura,remember during this time i dint have card for black feather, i never use it to feed it to icarus attack,remember that during the time i starte playing local,now i have a little experience since summer,so they have many option whit this card specialy if you play 2 card for feather Razz that will be soo cool lol
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Harper's Blackwings   Harper's Blackwings EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 9:13 am

Thanks for the help Smile. I think it's nearing perfection...11 traps is good. It still uses Blackwings' best traps but doesn't get totally crippled by Decree. I REALLY like Judgement though, I'd hate o drop it...but I'll test it your way and see Smile. +1 rep to you and everyone else who tried to help with this
EDIT: and yeah...sorry to say but Breeze really does suck :/. It was usable last format with 2 BWW but it's usually a dead draw I've found. Believe me, I tried it...spamming Armor Master is just too fun
Back to top Go down
nica89

nica89

PostSubject: Re: Harper's Blackwings   Harper's Blackwings EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 9:18 am

alright about breeze concern i will try it first,if my tech doesnt work, i will remove from deck and his existence from the bw lol
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: Harper's Blackwings   Harper's Blackwings EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 7:23 pm

OMFG did u just wrote that BW are dead???
OMG , i need to make a funeral ... oh wait i sold my bw deck

and hell no!!!! is not dead actually is a very strong deck IF!!!! u have 3 dualities ,

after clarifying that , the deck is pretty standard , some meh tech and my only fix

- Gorz
+ Spirit Reaper
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Harper's Blackwings   Harper's Blackwings EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:46 am

Lol I made this topic in august Nero. Before the banlist even took effect Razz. I've made a lot f changes since then and clearly yeah they're top tier xD. Read the later posts
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Harper's Blackwings   Harper's Blackwings EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 1:41 pm

Bump for new deck in the new format. Comment pls Smile
Back to top Go down
TheWiseman

PostSubject: Re: Harper's Blackwings   Harper's Blackwings EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 2:09 pm

Harper7000 wrote:
1x God
2x Jesus

Trololol
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: Harper's Blackwings   Harper's Blackwings EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:50 pm

First of all, your provided deck list has 39 cards in main, you wrote 10 spells but I count 9...

- Zephyrus

+ 2 TKR or Cydra

+ 1 MST or Mind Crush

1x Ally of Justice Agent Killer? Decisive Armor?

Totally no need for Libra in this deck, better get an Orient, it can save your live. Once, in a duel long ago, Vongy dueled a guy named "K111", who used Trish on Vongy's last cards, but at the same time K111 had only 2000 LP and the trish was his only field. So Vongy topped Blizzard (with no other cards in hand) and summoned Orient for game. The Happy End! Wink

Or if you will run Cydra, add Chimeratech.

And I still like armor master for more consistency, because you might summon 1 with vayu and need the other with gale Wink
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Harper's Blackwings   Harper's Blackwings EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 4:00 am

Vongola-x wrote:
Once, in a duel long ago, Vongy dueled a guy named "K111", who used Trish on Vongy's last cards, but at the same time K111 had only 2000 LP and the trish was his only field. So Vongy topped Blizzard (with no other cards in hand) and summoned Orient for game. The Happy End! Wink

^This story put a smile on ma face Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: Harper's Blackwings   Harper's Blackwings EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 6:31 am

hmmhmm, I see frost is trying to beat me to take my all-time-spammer title Smile

But yes, cool story bro
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Harper's Blackwings   Harper's Blackwings EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 10:06 am

yeah mst is the 10th card, idk why i forgot to write it lol. zeph has helped a grand total of once, and it doesn't seem to help the strategy much...wanted to main tkr and i can go 41 just this once haha. and someday, that will be a bedtime story for my future kids xD. thanks for the help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harper's Blackwings   Harper's Blackwings Empty

Back to top Go down

Harper's Blackwings
Page 1 of 1